(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

oh dear fat mom, sounds like you're in quite a bit of misery. Other than just taking panadol, are there other things that you can do? Or ear drops that are safe? Hope it clears up before u're due...

sweethalo, do u have the luxury of asking for level 5 or level 6 rooms? Or first come first served?

come to think of it.. like 2 wks already.. i tot only 1 wk has passed.. still reading archive in descending order.. no wonder it takes forever

i wanted single bedded but my mom think it is not prudent.. the cost diff is abt 1k right? she said 1k can feed bb for 2 mths.. but i very inchim one.. will be very upset if the next bed person got lots of visitors.. i may even want to restrict ppl from visiting me..

today i also ask my gynae re the PD.. he recommend me the one from singapore baby and child clinic.. what abt urs...

did u go for hospital tour.. i check with counter.. they only hv it on tues and thurs during office hours.. guess i will give it a miss.. the counter staff recommend to do pre-admission in wk 32.. that is like 2 more wks to go for me

Hi ladies,
I see 2 pages of archives i give up kekeke.

Just went to gyane clinic this morning together with my #1. Got a surprise when i went for the weight in. I DIDNT PUT ON ANY WEIGHT FOR THE PASS 1MTH!!!!. Nurse also cant belive it check my weight about. Confirm no change in weight. I was so worry. How come can dont put on weight??

Lucky gynae assure me that everything is fine and infact bb put on 500gram and weigh 1,510g at 29 weeks 4 days. Phew....

tubbymummy,
yup.. very miserable.. got ear drop.. but it hurts too.. cos the liquid will sting the wound.. u with gleneagles too? i hope i will get the newly renovated room.. will pray very hard.. haha..

fatmom, no, I'm with MtA, but I went to visit my friend last week at GlenE, and I thought the renovated rooms looked very nice. Hope u all manage to get those ones! And ya, I'm like u, very inchim one, so I won't like it if my neighbour turns out to be those kind with 101 relatives. The other day when I visited my friend, another friend was there too, and this friend got that kind of voice where even tho she speak softly, she's still very loud. I was feeling very paiseh, cos next bed got curtains drawn, lights dimmed, very quiet, like wanting to rest/sleep like that. Then this friend talk and talk non-stop for 1hr. I finally managed to convince her that we should leave already. Haiyoh. If I kenna neighbour with friend like that, will sure bang wall. I'm opting for 1-bedder to prevent such things.

Jackie, good right, mummy nvr put on weight, baby put on 500g?
happy.gif
I always want like that. But so far no luck, my best record is 1kg in 1 mth. Let's see how things go at next visit...

jackie,
good for u.. no weight gain.. but baby still growing = best of both worlds.. hope i will be like u.. but i am already happy with my latest record.. if i continue for the rest of 10 wks.. i am on track to my target of 15kg

tubbymummy,
yeah lor.. think last yr or yr before last yr i was admitted to raffles hospital.. they put me on 4 bedded becos two bedded and single bedded no vacancy.. i was so upset.. already so sick and still hv to bear with the noise.. i always kept my hospital visit short cos i know that rest is impt.. i think i will bar visitor for the first day.. if i still not well.. i dont think i want my friends to visit me.. still need to entertain..

btw, u want to keep ur baby with u throughout.. i think i may do that.. the nurse say this can be arranged

Fatmom- didn't go for hospital tour since no pt for me, cos how also need to go to GlenE since gynae dont do it anyway else...

tubbyM- nope can't prebook leh.. sianz... First come first served worh...

sweethalo,
i also cannot choose hospital.. but tot tour will provide info and help me on my preparations.. me ks mah.. think when i go for my preadmission.. i will ask more qns..

i visited my fren in Jan at Gleneagles... the 6th flr is really nice, don't kn wht the other flrs look like...and i think the tour, they will show u 6th flr right??? hehhee

My fren got a 2 bedder for the price of 1 bedder but all to herself, since she paying 1 bedder price... so got extra big rm!! shiok!

sweethalo, i guess when they run out of 1-bedder, they'll give u 2 bedder and remove 1 of the beds right? Can fit in many visitors haha. The 5th floor got that kind of pink and lilac colour scheme going on in the common areas, don't know about the room. Looks like normal hospital with carpet...

i did an informal tour during my first few gynae visits.. think 5 mths ago.. just go to the info counter near the lift and ask whether can see the wards or not.. i saw both.. but after seeing 6th floor one.. i think i will feel short changed if i end up in the non-renovated rooms..

so shiok.. got 2 beds to herself.. did her hubby sleep on the other bed...

is ur hubby going to room with u?

hi mummies,

sorry to interrupt...
i'm from Dec'08 thread, i hava one BN pack of 7pcs bodysuit (3M-6M) from mothercare letting go at $42 (RP $56), PM me if keen, thanks!

TubbyM- no they dont remove the other bed... so ur hb can lie on it and relax hehehhe

but she didnt let her hb stay over cos she has an elder daughter and she said she wanted a good night's rest cos he hb snores! hahhaha

wahaha! Then she let elder daughter stay with her, or she just wants peaceful sleep at night? Ooh, if u kenna that arrangement, and they don't remove other bed, then hubby gets to sleep on that, so much more comfortable than sofa bed!

So bored now, nothing left to buy, resorted to looking at Gucci.com hahaha... crazy liao

In the end no time to log in to check the forum for the whole day.

Shelisa, rest is precious these days. So glad that the weekend is here even though I need to spend a couple of hours to catch up on work that has deadlines on Monday. Hb is also coming back tonite. Yippee.
Appetite is pretty much normal now, eating just like pre-preg days, occasionally a bit more.
happy.gif

Blurmom, I m not sure what kinda position my BB is in I only know that he is not in his usual position. Not sure if he has turned though cos he has always been lying inclined or horizontal most of the time when we scan him. Will have to wait another 3 more weeks to find out. Perhaps by then, he found another new position. It just feels a lot more uncomfortable for the bladder now that he is further down. Glad that u pass your GTT. I m starting my fast in an hour plus time. Gg to make myself a fruit salad in a while as my last meal for today. N drinking a lot of water now to make up for no water till 1030am tomorrow. Sighz.

For those delivering in TMC, I remembered some discussion on what to bring for BB. Actually, nothing is needed. They will provide everything for the BB including mittens, vests, wrapping blanket, etc. Read this off the admission booklet I just received together with my pre-admission form.

cassey, good to hear that u are progressing well with ur wt gain n BB is doing good too!
happy.gif

bbjun, is your doctor appt at 10.30am? If yes, I think u can actually turn up earlier to start your rounds of urine and blood tests, so that u can finish up earlier and eat/drink sooner. For me, my doc appt was at 10.15, nurses told me to be at clinic by 9am. Maybe can try calling them first thing in the morning, if they say can go early, leave hse immed! Hehe...

Mika Rei: Does you boob still hurt? Mine not hurting leh, do you have any milk already? Maybe you wanna massage it a bit?

TubbyMummy: I had Pepper Lunch for dinner.... meat and meat and meat
happy.gif
And a matcha ice-cream for dessert!
Frankly I dun like Mac burger, rather have Burger King ....

fat_mom: Both StemCord and CordLife said that the public bank will not take the 2nd hand cord blood. CordLife go on to explain that because public bank is for public use, it has to perform more tests on the cord blood before storing. For CordLife, there's a choice for you if you decided not to continue, (1) to dispose (2) let them use it in whatever purpose

Jackie: Wow, 1.5 kg at wk 29... that's quite big
happy.gif

tubbyM, my test starts 830am but can only start eating n drinking after 1030am, cos draw blood 3 times at 830,930 n 1030.

TubbyM - Gucci coo... hehehe... nice!

yeah, if get 2 bedder for price of 1 bedder, i dont mind also.. shiok! she didn't let daughter stay over, wanted her to do hmwork..ahhahaa

bbjun, oh ok, i didn't read properly thought u only starting at 10.30, then the agony will last till 12.30!
happy.gif
Good luck for the test!

Thanks, TubbyM.
Yup, looking fwd not just to buyg remaing thgs for BB with him but also all the DVDs I asked him to buy. kekeke... incldg e one on confessions of a shopaholic.

wah i missed out on ytd's archive when I was out ... came hm too tired, and only just read through...

How come Mt A requires deposit now for pre-admission.. mine, the pre- admission no deposits required leh...

audreyaw- yeah think bump abit small side... when i told someone the other day that I am abt 6.5mth, she was screaming out loud..AIYO HOW CAN BE...hahahaha

sweethalo, I thought I look big sized enough, but other day, I met another friend that I haven't seen in quite a few months, and told her I was 7mths, she said "doesn't look like leh, thought smaller". I feel quite big already lor, can't imagine what ppl actually expect me to look like. I just measured myself, 40inches (eh, last week only 39!), not enough meh??

hehe, but it's big enough for me lor, still got 2 more months to go, if super big now, by then dunno how...

My silly cat charged over while I was trying to keep away the tape measure, thinking the dangling part is a toy. Hmmm, think maybe I need to go shopping for a toy for them, they must be deprived... Or just buy another measuring tape haha!

hehehe... they always do that.. they love measuring tapes!! hahaha

Mine dumped my tape that I left on the table ytd, into his waterbowl last night

Hi all moms-to-be

This is moomoogirl. Am new to this thread. My EDD is 16 Jun. Have chosen mt e(single bed) tentatively. But am seriously thinking if I should choose mt a. Have not gone for any hosp tour. Very contradicting...would like to stay in 1-bedder but price at mt e is a few hundreds steeper. But worried facilities in mt a not so good...aiya...headache...can seek you guys advice?? =) Thanks

wahahaha... maybe he ate it and then threw up into the water bowl... :p Thankfully mine haven't discovered the tape on the table... Better that way. But they haven't had a toy in a while, so maybe tomorrow I go and look for something dangly... or a laser pointer.

HI Moomoogirl

I think Mt A is a very good hospital for maternity... my fren stayed in the one bedded before and it was nice...

<font color="0077aa">Tubbym~, ok seeing my little man. Today's was very chopchop cos my heart not quite in it. Wanting to do my bb shopping and head to Equinox for hi-tea!!! Dr does scan only to take measurements so it's not tt interesting. Thank God the vaginal swab lab results came back normal. Dr said neither itching nor yellow/green mucus-like discharge is normal actually, but since lab results came back saying swab results are fine, then it's fine.

Tubbym~ &amp; ahnetsan, I DID go to Adel's place... Bought a sleepsuit/bag and 5 rompers (3x NB &amp; 2x 6-9M). May go back for more when bb's older but not so soon, I think. It was easy this time round cos she doesn't stock NB stuff anymore so very limited items to choose from. was telling sweethalo how we were like The Flash - in and out within 30mins. Cos rushing to obgyn apptmt.

sweethalo, whoa... you announced my hubby nickname to all the mummies here!!
Tubbym~, clever little cookie hit nail on head immed!! *Pat on back!*

fatmom, oh dear, poor girl - what happened to caused such a SEVERE earache?! Shouldn't have driven when unwell... you poor thing. I hope you feel better really really soon. Thank God for protection even tho you 'banged' the car. I was also at GlenE today! Their hosp. tour hours are SO un-worker-friendly. HUMPH. Hope you have a restful wkend and recover quickly!

Tubbym~, if no 1-bedder, they'll give you 2-bedder but with no occupant for the 2nd bed. They won't remove it!!!

bbjun, you have to fast and you're still only having fruit salad?!?! In your situation, I'd be stuffing my face silly at a buffet!!!!!
</font>

Hello all,

wah, 2 pages of archive! See until I blur!

Cassey, don't make me envy leh! I haven't been sleeping well since last week, even with aircon on. 'Sulk!' Tmr weekend, can sleep late! I also know I crazy, but what to do, work is work leh! Just have to do lor! Bo bian!

I just came back from Brahaus! Had pork knuckle, 4 types of sausages, chicken wings, french fries, potato salad and beer and juices! Yummy! Of cos I skipped the beer, though I wouldn't mind a bottle! So filled up from all the food! The saukurat was so good! Now my tummy super tight! Aiya, eat too much again!

Re: no. of child
I will take what God provide. That means we will just receive His blessing. No plan! Hee hee!

TubbyM- hehee.. no lah... my fat one, loves to dump things into his waterbowl.. all his toys get dunked once in awhile too... hahhaha

Hi moomoogirl, welcome! Can I just call you moomoo for short?
happy.gif

Hospital choice is very subjective, so prob better if u take the tour and decide for yourself. For me, I chose MtA. I didn't even think of MtE due to cost (i'm also going for 1-bedder). My theory is that it's just childbirth (not brain transplant), and MtA handles many deliveries, so I feel confident enough to go with them. I did the MtA and TMC tour.

<font color="0077aa">moomoo~, I think several of us have gone for Mt A hospital tour and enjoyed our experience. We've also had recommendations from ppl around us. I, for one, have a sis who just delivered there 2.5wks ago. BUT if you're asking us how it compares against Mt. E, then I don't think we're in a position to say cos we don't know enough about Mt. E.

I'm keen on Gleneagles, but have heard numerous good things about Mt A and still haven't made up my mind between the two. Especially cos Gleneagles' hospital tours are conducted at the most impractical of hours. Sigh.</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, oops... *glares daggers at sweethalo*

Tubbym, I have just convened with Mr. Goldfish and he says will you kindly refrain from insulting him? *chuckle*
I WANT MY TIM SUM FRIED BANANA WITH RED BEAN PASTE FRITTERS!!
*SO SO glad my weight is somehow controlling itself cos I'm not controlling anything!*</font>

Actually, when I visited my fren in Mt A a few yrs ago when she gave birth, I remembered the room to be very nice... but this time when my dad was admitted in a 2 bedder, his room was quite horrible... dono isit maternity wards are nicer or what

Cassey, Monday is coming... patience....
happy.gif

LFB, I really miss beer... so much so that I went to buy a couple of cans of non-alcoholic ones! Hehe... taste not bad haha.

sweethalo, the maternity wards are ok leh I think. The friend I visited last month was in the pre-renovated wards 2 bedder, look normal lor. Not great, but not yucky too, a bit bigger than the GlenE 2-bedder I think, but maybe it's a slightly different layout that's why. The renovated ward looks like the GlenE level 6 and TMC kind. Nice
happy.gif
So I chose room in that ward hehe.

Hi Sweethalo and Tubbymummy

Thanks for your advice.Haha..Tubbymummy you are so jovial..sure can call me moomoo =) Ya...many advise dun haf to pay extra juz for that 2-day thingy..How you find the delivery suite, ward and staff there??

TubbyM - wah u mean Mt A can let u pre-choose ah?? so good.. actually i dont mind paying upfront to gty 6th flr room but cannot leh...arrghh!!

heheh Moomoogirl- hope u enjoy this thread and come back often else u hv alot of archives to catch up on...hehee

Moomoo
Went TMC yesterday to visit a new born, the 2 bedder was very small! We only have the small little corridor to stand around.
And the parking is REALLY HORRIBLE! Waited for nearly 30 min to get the valet parking!

Went Mt E 1 bedder the year before, it's pretty big, but Mt A 1 bedder was even bigger when I went few years ago.

Mt E might not be so good cos Orchard always jam though, but it's near to everything... shopping, dining
happy.gif

Another friend of mine went Raffles hospital to deliver, she said the infra was good, but the people not so experience

Hi Cassey =)

You know what...am a little worried...since Mt A is so popular...dunno on delivery day got bed a not =P hee.....Am a person with very low pain threshold so try to pamper myself a little =>

Back