(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

ahnetsan- tat mean u got to pour away the milk??? as formula milk can las for an hour only..
sad.gif
lucky my boy will finish up the longest is half an hour only

Annie/Creamer, my boy is drooling a lot and now starting to fuss every nite at bedtime. I think he is teething. He also keeps putting his fingers into his mouth and keeps making sounds as if his gums are making him uncomfy. He has also been putting his toys in his mouth and chews on his teether.

I wonder if he is ready for solids. Recently he only wakes up once at abt 5am to feed after i dreamfeed him at 12 plus. Now he is back to 2 feeds a nite. Even though i dreamfeed him at 12 plus, he will wake up at 3 plus, followed by 5 plus then wake up at 7am. Very tiring...I think he is getting hungrier. I think im going to start the rice cereal when he turns 5 mths old. anyone started baby on rice cereal yet?

jayden did 3 flip frm tummy to back today! wonder if it's coincidence, hope it happen more oftn,, but then tummy to back is not as tough as back to tummy haha a small improvement is better than nothing. jayden also fuss abt milk something tk an hr & he sometime cry at the sight of btl sigh..

Hi
1. bbjun & BB Dylan
2. amk_gal & hubby & BB Yonghao
3. bbaugustine & baby (i have to check with hubby, he might be working)
4. ec_mom & BB Cayden, might be jiejie Elisha too
5. superbee & BB Danelle and Jie jie Adelle (will be there from 2 to 3.30pm)
6. New Mom & Baby Abigail
7. caramelle, hubby and baby Alya (Halal food?)
8. dolly & hubby & BB Kendrick
9. Rauda & girl
10. Kikismom & BB Kaley
11. Creamer, hubby, BB Genieve & helper

Looking forward in seeing you all this Saturday. I had just PM'ed most of you who are able to receive PM my contact as well as directions to the event room :)

I believe the only two that I am not able to PM are NEW_MOM and Raudha. Can you PM me so that I may drop you the email?

I forgot to put in the email that the event room is at lobby E, 2nd floor.

See you all soon!

My girl is trying to flip by swinging her legs from side to side while lying on her side. Not successful yet.

She likes blow bubbles with her saliva . haha

hayoki,
you can also buy desitin creamy from watson/guardian. of cuz it is more exp there.

creamer,
it is not advisable to put cotton bud into ear to clean cuz this will push the dirt even further into the ear. clean outside will suffice.

bbaugustine,
i intend to intro solid to my son when he is abt 5.5 mths old. cuz he is getting more fussy during milk feeds and sometimes we need to wait till 5/6hrs then he will take milk. wondering if this is due to gum itching/ache... but usually the drooling part will take months before the first tooth appears.

mummies, I’m happy, finally Cayden flip.
He gave me a surprise this morning, actually he got no sign of flipping at all before it. as usually he wake abt 6am + and makes a lots of noise and I ignore him, after abt 1hr he start crying and I notice he is on his tummy, thot I see it wrongly, I turn him on his back and immediately he flip again in less the 10second. After it he keep flip once I put him down, wahahaha my boy seems like enjoy flipping.
happy.gif

Hua_jing: Now got to watch Cayden more carefully!

Anyone knows how to make the teat hole bigger? Is there something which we can buy to make the hole larger? Just realized I've unused size S and Y for Pigeon bottles, and my nanny was saying that my boy dun take Y liao. Need to get M to try.

hi Creamer & Artist
actually i do use the normal cotton buds (as opposed to smaller tips that's sold in the shops) to clean my girl's eardrum but I never poke inside. Her eardrums always seem dirty after a few days.

The reason I do so is also because my girl likes to scratch her ears especially the left ear. We thought she's scratching because her ears are itchy, so we clean the eardrums lor.

what about other mummies?

dolly,
I heard there is this thing call the hole puncher, not sure how it works though

ANNticipating
I also use the normal cotton bud on my boy, maybe once a week or when he starts scratching and pulling his ears

ANNticipating & jling, does cleaning the ears help? my gal still keep scratching her ears leh... we brought her to the PD, she she was ok.. PD said some babies just like to scratch their ears... i never clean her eardrum too... like v dangerous leh...

dovey
yup its dangerous so i don't clean until so deep, just near the entrance.. the nurse at the polyclinic told me actually no need to clean cos the dirt will just come out by itself, we just need to clean the outside can already... but i tend to use the cotton bud to "tickle" my boy, sometimes he so comfortable that he fell alseep...haha

Hi Fang - Sorry that you cant PM me ...

i just tried to PM you but it didnt allow me to.

Is there any settings i must do or not do to allow PMing?

dolly, you can get the teat hole puncher from kiddy palace. i find it hard to punch the nuk teat. avent teat etc is easier to punch.

new mom, you can go settings to allow the PM

Re: cleaning ear

My doc say dun use cottonbud to clean the ears cos scare the dirt will go in further. He said can buy those 1 side cotton bud the other got a hook type to dig the dirt out and can be found in medical hall but i didnt see it b4 also. Mayb will check it out. Cos i smell my bb ear got abit of oily smell so tot wana clean up once in a while.

My girl seems to enjoy ear cleaning, since i havent buy the hook, yest i put the small cotton bud to clean her ears, surprisingly she didnt move and let me clean and she seems concentrating not to move. Once im done with the first cleaning, she cry and i change another cotton bud to clean, she concentrate again and this goes on for a few times.. so funny. haha

hiya

my boy giving problems with feeding again.. lasst week is reject ebm... yesterday onwards is reject all milk from bottle. only wan latch... but then again, he didn't cry for milk.. poor appetite.
anybody got similar experience??

amk_gal, did ur boy go for vaccination recently?
Otherwise, maybe u may want to add in a bit of rice cereal to get him interested with his milk? My colleague did that when her boy refused to drink milk.

amk_gal,
r u back to work recently? my girl previously having the same behaviour as your boy. i m back @ work for >1 mth so she has gotton used or rather accept the fact that i m not around in the day time so she is back on bottle since last wk.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Been tired since I started work and trying to take care of 2 kids. Can I check how heavy are your bbs at 4mths? Think mine is abt 8kg and worried that he's overweight leh. My boy also cannot flip yet although we do put him on his tummy.

Oh yes, if you gals are looking for a blender, you may consider the mini one from Kenwood. Heard from my friend who's using it now that its quite good for making the porridge smooth enough for bb to eat. It cost abt $45-$55, depending on where you buy it.
happy.gif

creamer,
I came across those cotton buds you're talking about (one side cotton, other side got "hook") at Unity pharmacy. Think now Unity is called Living Pharmacy or something like that. Sorry I don't remember the brand. I bought before from the Thomson plaza branch to send to my sister who can't find this sort of "hooky" things in US haha. I've never seen it in medical halls, and also can't find in Guardian and Watsons.

kikismom, jling, artist - Thanks! hopefully can find the hole puncher. Brought the M size teat to nanny place to compare and find that the hole even smaller! Thinking my boy dun take it cos he's not used to the wide neck teat now.

creamer: your girl so cute, maybe I try play w my boy's ear...

BTW, I bought the cotton bud with a hook on the other end from Kiddy Palace, the brand is TollyJoy, but the hock rather big leh. Those mummies coming this sat can find it at the Kiddy Palace at Compass Point.

Long time no log in!

super busy with work plus really tired with baby skyler..

BS, my boy at 4 plus month going to 5 months soon still cant really flip by himself. He can only do that with some assistance.

amk_gal, maybe he's teething? i read somewhere that teething they dont eat well.

well my boy's drooling too but no tooth yet..

and he's weighing at about 7.5 kg last month which is 4 months of age..

take care mummies! and enjoy the gathering =)

Dolly - oops! Sorry, i saw your message but didnt get to respond to it. Wanted to tell you that the M size should be smaller than Y size. When we bought the teats in the recent Taka baby fair, the pigeon person told us the sequence is to start with S size, then M size ... then followed by Y size. He says Y size requires the baby to use more strength to suck ...

Sorry should have respond to your thread earlier!

I do not know where to get the hole puncher, but i think when we bought the pigeon bottles, some came with a little tool to poke the hole .. i guess is to make it bigger.

The Pigeon sales guy told us that the wide neck is more suitable for babies who are used to being breast fed.

Dolly - i'll go home check if i still have the little poking tool from Pigeon, cos i should have extras. If have, and if i can come by this Sat (praying hard my daughter wont get fever after Sat morning jab), will pass one to you at Fang's.

bbjun, superbee, my boy only going vaccination tomorrow. i went back to work for 1 week already, but he's been with the nanny for 3 weeks and previously was ok. teething.. maybe hor.. now we have to resort to feeding him when he's sleeping... he'll gulp down all the milk.. then carry him for a while and he'll burp before continuing to sleep..

is it too early to start rice cereal??

amk_gal, I think it's fine to start rice cereal after 4 months if your son shows signs of readiness. U can check with your PD on that when u see him tomorrow.

Yeah, teething could affect his appetite as well.
U may also want to spend a bit of time with him at the nanny's to observe what happens during the day for him. My boy is also with a nanny and I drop by a couple of times to spend some time with him there when I can. It's mainly to understand how his day is like there and if there are things I want the nanny to take note of. Some times, I stayed longer there when I went early to fetch him and chat with the nanny while observing her managing my boy lor. I did tell her not to feed my boi shorter than 3.5hr time frame, preferably between 4 to 4.5hrs when I realized she fed him earlier. Reflux for him was worse than usual for those few days. Of cos, I didn't immediately tell her that but spent time to observe my boi over the weekend and advise her what to do based on my experience with him over the weekend. She is usually ok when I share these with her, cos I take the angle of helping her to manage my son. So there might also be something that happens during the day that makes him reject milk that u may need to find out as well.

BS, my boi is 8.5kg at 4 mths. So no worries!
happy.gif

BS
My boy is 8kg at 4 mths, now 4months 3 weeks about 9kg close to 10kg. My boy also cannot flip yet.

Will babies lose weight or gain weight more slowly once they start crawing?

Anyway to reduce colic rather than putting ru yi yu on tummy? my boy is sensitive to the oil and his whole body will become red( heat rash) even i use the mild oil given by the hospital also no use.

hi ladies

i have a new tin of frisocrem wheat-based milk cereal bought at $6.90 willing to let go at $4.50
PM me if interested
thks

jling, I heard that baby massage and tui na can reduce wind in stomach. I m not sure where such service is avail. Maybe can google for it???

amk_gal,
my gal was taking bottle 2 wks b4 i went back to work then suddenly when i m back to work, she simply refuse bottle and want to latch only! it took her 2 - 4wks to accept the "fact" and now she is back onto bottle again. during the period of rejecting bottle, my maid did the same as u ie feed her when she is asleep else the minute she see the bottle, she refuse to drink and scream! another thing u can do is to stretch the feeding duration ie feed 3.5 to 4hrs. i also checked with a few mummies here and noticed that some bb hit 3+mths, their intake will drop esp those bottle feed baby. those who are 100% latching doesn't seemed to have this problem.
happy.gif
so just try to stretch the feeding duration to see if it helps. no need to waste $ to buy another bottle cos apparently it is not due to the teat or bottle. i nearly wanted to buy the nuk bottle until i told my maid to feed at 3.5-4hrs duration & bingo, it works! :D

Genieve started teething liao and also manage to flip from back to tummy on her own effort once! Yest i place my finger at her gums and felt a little ouch, den i realise her 2 bottom central tooth are out! She is 19weeks. Any baby also teething?

jling, u can try to give bb colic drop easily found in pharmacy. U find yr bb colicky keep crying?

Tubbymummy, thks for the info. I will check it out in unity den.
happy.gif

Hi, sorry to disturb your thread. I hv a pre-loved FP rainforest Jumperoo for sale at $160/-. Condition 8/10. come w box. Interested pls PM me. Thanks.

New Mom: No worries! I didn't talk to the Pigeons sales person, just grap those bottles and teats ..haha So I've already bought those S, Y and M quite a while ago
happy.gif

Anyway, if you are refering to the toothpick like little tool, I've them too cos it comes with every Pigeons bottle. Thanks anyway!

dear mommies

i was told tat we r to replace our milk bottles after 3 months & as i using avent is it still a need to replace it even though i washed & sterlise twice a day.

halo mummies
have been reading but never post :p
my boy has been flipping 1 wk b4 he turned 4 months.. drooling and losing his appetite too.. so nanny oso suspect teething.
sorry cant join the gathering.. a bit far.. i am 'western-er' hehe
still losing hair, got my 2nd dym today and my 1st pimple after 1yr+ of zit-free face *cry*

for those interested,the avent combined steamer + blender is currently undergoing the approval checks before it can be displayed in the store. so will be available soon. it's priced at $199. currently i've got 20% off so for those interested, can come down to the philips experience showroom but it'll have to be during work hours. for those who can wait till dec, there might be more discount as there is usually a yearend sale for staff. got news that there will also be a philips carnival next month so you can also come down and check out the discounts then.

bbjun
thanks, will go and it find

creamer
hmm my boy don't cry when colicky, recently he has been vomitting out his milk even before i can burp him so i tap his stomach and realise its quite bloated and alot of wind. I tried to burp him more but no use. I try not to use colic drop or gripe water unless he cries and really very uncomfortable.

My boy has been drooling alot and sucking his lower lips, is this a sign of teething?

tubbymummy,
thanks for the info! shit man, i think J has had 2 pneummo jabs le...think stil got only one... should haf implemented this earlier mah, den i dun haf to keep topping up the cda account...

btw, anyone of u mummies still using hospital glass bottles for feeding? need to change them after hw long ar?? i've been using them since J is born until now.... dunno whether can use the glass btls for so long mah?

Tummymummy, thanks for info!

eh.. pneumococcal vaccination compulsory only 3 doses only at 3,5mth & 1-2yrs. Aisha took/taking at 2,4,6mths &1-2yrs. 1 dose abt $160-180, take 2 times in a year can reach $300 limit already. Then the rest cannot claim ah? Medisave is we contribute from our pay rite? Those SAHM or no medisave use hubby's medisave ah? I rather pay from baby bonus coz half the money from govt. Wonder how much polyclinic will charge. Now already have at polyclinic or must wait 1 Nov?.. hehee.. so weird leh.. they want to support pneumococcal vaccination but like half-hearted coz its expensive. Those country also with compulsory pneumococcal vaccination, claim from where? Medisave also ah? ahaha...

i also use pigeon premium teat M size. so we dont need try L move from M to Y is it? thought Y is for cereal for above 6mth..?

ahnetsan i was told glass can use forever :p dunno true or not.. was told it will go blur but it's ok to use.

huh 1 nov!! mean jayden will ganna 5th mth (born 3 june) nov must go jab is it??? alamak had thought can wait till 1 yr old tk a dose. anyone used medisave at polyc? i saw need to fill form not sure if imd approve? aiyah can use CDA or medisave also no help what, unless govt say subsidise can useful right...

Back