(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Dr Esther Ng any comment? Where she deliver?

Thinking of changing current gynae, as the nurses are very unprofessional. Write appoint date on my card, put the date never put the time. Remember telling the nurse 7pm for the appointment. Then she never put it down.

I waited till the appointment date, which is 1mth after the 1st appointment!

Then a week before the date for 2nd appointment, I called to double confirm the time.

In the end, the nurse who picked up the call said no such appointment made.

Sigh... HB has to take half a day leave to fit their timing to bring me go to 2nd appointment, as the 7pm slot has been fully taken, till another month. Cannot wait any longer.

The nurse who picked up the call said I have to make appointment on the spot when making payment during 1st appointment. I was not even informed.

The nurses there seems to be very busy with chit chatting among themselves. Not very helpful.
sad.gif
I haven't sign the package yet, so thinking of changing to Dr Esther Ng.

Oppsgal, fyi my gf had stopped going to Dr Esther Ng. I heard very bad feedback... so you may wanna ask around before deciding.

Hi Lenny,

Like to ask u - does DHA (fish oil capsules) cause bloatedness? Cos i'm having bloatedness all the time since beginning of pregnancy & my previous gynae prescribed me fish oil on my first visit which i have been taking since then.. It really feels uncomfortable being 'bloated' & i can't fit in all my bottoms, have turned to maternity pants / loose dresses.

Thanks,
Blessed min.

oppsgal, u wana see east side wan huh? i m currently seeing Dr Geraldine tan from TMC, clinic at east coast... overall exp with her n nurses is pleasant n comfortable plus she is very jovial...heard dr ester is very very expensive...as for professionalism i not really sure...her clinic walking distant from my hse...

sandi, what feedback?

pinkdemoness, TMC very far. Scare will deliver on taxi. haha...

DHA didn't cause any bloatedness for me. I have taken Salmon oil all the while, until pregnant change to Neurograin.

Lenny, I just see gynae once only. Maybe EDD date will change wor...but it will be so cool if our kids born on the same day! I've decided I want to go Mt. A. How about you? And thanks for the links! Checking the clothes out now!

I am seeing Dr Douglas Ong.

gingal, other than the cramps...my other MS symptoms - smaller appetite but hunger very often. Huge cravings for milk and that's about it.

gingal, i was into toy collecting. then my friend reminded me that one doll of mine can buy 2 cans of milk powder liao! And I was like...huh!? They are so expensive now! Guess its time for us to kick some of our vices...haha...

moomooland, is your throat alright? the blood is probably from wounded gums or something...I don't know. If you still don't feel good, must check with gynae liao.

Morning TorayMe,

U wake up so early on a Saturday Morning? Me no choice, working alternate saturdays, u also working?
Wow, u collect toys ah? So Cool, and expensive as a hobby wor...

morning Gingal!
Yah...I don't know why I woke up so early today. Not working but have to put my laundry to wash. Staying with in-laws. Only got Sat/Sun to do laundry.
sad.gif

Haiz...the toy collecting is a bad addiction. My only hope is that my bb will be as cute as my friend's daughter who's also a collector. haha...

morning gals, hmmm i had a nightmare last night...dream tat i mc n woke up in tears...guess this pregnancy brought along many stress n anxiety...cant wait for my next appt n hope to hear bb growing well...

bad dreams go away...

pinkdemoness, *hugz* I hate that waking up in tears feeling. really unsettling.

maybe something warm before you go to sleep can calm you better? Warm milk or cereal...when is your next appointment? I also fighting daily fear...*touch wood*

pinkdemoness,

These days we can't sleep very well, must be due to the hormonal changes from pregnancy bah. Anyway, don't worry yourself too much. i also realise I can sleep much better with some warm milk before bed, last night i did not have it, and tossed and turned and can't sleep till wee hours. pinkdemoness you are not working today too?

TorayMe,

I used to stay with my in-laws for 3-4 years before i moved to my place in March this year. I also have a problem with doing the laundry, it's always not enough "bamboo" to use.

Everyone,

I noticed something this morning, I'm spotting a line on my tummy that pass through my navel...Oh dear..i have seen these lines on all my pregnant frens, i thought i wont have this so soon yet...U gers noticed if yours appearing? What is this line known as, anyone knows?

gingal, it's known as linea nigra or something like this.. haahha. i still have a faint one from my #1, so i not sure if mine is appearing or what hahaha!!

morning...

Different with gingal, i slept a lot these days.
I feel sleepy every now and then.

pinkdemoness,
Try to get a glass of milk before you sleep...

Cindy, thanks,
Linea Nigra...Wootzz...not sure if can rembr the name of the line. I went to the ladies again just now to see the line...It is more obvious below my navel...about 6-7 cm long...

Greenisfresh,
I can sleep long hours too, but on/off in between sleep will wake up 1/2 hours before falling back to sleep. Very "Xin Ku", not soundly asleep all the way like i used to...
Becos of this "non-quality" sleep, I look like Zombie, colleagues who dunno i'm pregnant thought i am very sick...and I feel sleepy all throughout the day, esp. at work....
sad.gif

Re: Linea Nigra, I think we will all see the line...keke

hi gingal, me nt working...tat line is called linear nigra, which will darken with the days... think its due to hormonal changes in a pregnancy ba...seen one of my frd's recently who just gave birth...really like black marker drawn from navel down...

torayme: my appt on tues...hope all's well n ok

re:milk
i used to like milk but with ms, seems like i cant accept the taste cos scared will puke..

Mine line only appear if I sit too long. Yesterday salesgal say my tummy so small, wonder I am even 2 mths pregnant. haha... Trying to buy some maternity clothes, but I think I wait until my tummy bigger yet.

Every night seems to wake up in the middle feeling hungry. But I didn't eat anything and try to get back to sleep. Anyone also like me wake up in the middle of the night feel hungry?

My HB say stick back to my old gynae although the nurses there are unhelpful, he says as long the gynae is experience and OK. Wonder should I call the clinic again to check if they got take down my appointment, in case mess it up again.

Arghhhh...Linear Nigra...I started seeing it first, means mine will be damn dark loh when time comes...

Morning Oppsgal, seems like alot of more of us waking up
happy.gif

welcome greenisfresh!

Re: DHA

My gynae prescribed to me on my 1st appt and said I can start taking it. I'm taking the soft gel type, so can be easily swallowed. MS seems to have curb a little since now that I'm in my 8th week, or yet to peak? Saw bb yday @ 16mm long. still can't really see the limbs, going back to see bb again in 2weeks time. I'm still on duphaston 3x/day and taking weekly jabs. sob sob, so scared of the needle now. had taken 3 jabs so far.

fairymoss

Why doctor give you weekly jabs?

I am scare of blood test! Going to do the triple test soon on down syndrome, so scared.

pinkdemoness, think positive thoughts. distract yourself by reading comics or watching tv. My next appoint is a week after you, also on a tuesday.

oppsgal, i dont think my stomach is showing much either...though my HB said its bigger...which earned him a super angry stare and he stopped commenting after that.

gingal, we can't have our own place anytime yet...*sob*...my situation very bad. Only 2 bamboos...lucky my MIL automatically let me hog on weekends by clearing the rest of the family during the weekdays.

oopsgal,

Cuz i got spotting, so the jabs are to stabilize. After jab then there would be a few good days which I won't spot, till about it's almost a week again, the spotting would be back, that's when i need another jab. was given 2 weeks of rest.

princess,

Congrats on seeing the bb gender!!! when i was having my #1 who is a boy, i got to know at 11weeks too, before i went for oscar test. usually boy boy know earlier. so using the calendar, is the prediction accurate?

fairymoss

Anyone travel by MRT to work or shopping? Air seems more smelly, with body odors. Guess pregnant women's nose more sensitive.

Re: BD
BD is generally ok, except when advised otherwise by gynae due to complications etc. But note that during the 3rd trimester, BD may cause early contractions and i was told that fondling with the breast and nipple would also. so scary.

oppsgal,

my sense of smell become more sensitive also during preg. I can even smell cigarette smoke when my neighbour is smoking in his own hse, with his windows open. But what to do, he smokes in own house, i can't say anything mah. I drive, so dunno abt public transport, but when the aircon in the car is turned on, i kind of dislike it, so i would wind down window a little for fresh air. Oh...i find citrus smell quite refreshing and it's proven to raise mental alertness. So those of you falling asleep at work, see if you can have an orange, even without eating it, the orange peel smell is good enough. I find it useful for me as this is one of the very few scents that i can tolerate without puking.

good morning gals....

how's everyone been??? so gald to have read so many mummies can hear and see baby's heartbeat...
happy.gif

gingal...yes i have the nigra thigie on my tummy...my elder sister said it'll appear more and darker in the later stages and on the armoits and neck..but don't worry it'll fade off after labour...hehehe...now i am only afraid of stretch marks..at the moment( croosing fingers) nothing yet...haha

enjoy the weekends and relax more mummies...
happy.gif

hugs

fairymoss

Oh.. shouldn't it be LM?

Neighbours also smoking. Even if not smoking, walking outside, people also smokes. How to avoid 2nd hand smoke then?

Better not to smell essential oil. Might affect bb. So now I won't burn any oil.

oppsgal...

hello...i am seeing esther ng...well besides waiting for a long time if you have no appt with her, quite pricy..i have no negative points..infact i find her nurses quite friendly and when i called regardig constipation she gave me the right advise and when i was spotting i was urged to see esther immediately and not to delay..they have shown concern to me..Esther has been my regular gynea for pap smear and my sister's 2 babies doctor too...
her prices are consultaion $65..ultrascound $35 1st time visit only...medicine range $20-$30..
Esther....i find her assuring..she always make the mummy feel proud and give prasies to the growing baby inside..makes you feel very good..esp i go to see her alone...hubby not in sin always....
sad.gif

Oopsgal,
BD = Baby Dancing - sounds cuter bah...keke

Daphne,

Oh yah, about darken armpits also...i am starting to worry....Will it really fade? I see my SIL armpits still black....
sad.gif

fairymoss...

you too went for the jabs for spooting,..has it stopped??
i went thru 3 jabs totally too...and con't on the duphaston thur out my 6th -8th week of preegy..but i think my gynea did tell me to stop after he next visit on the 19th and start with the DHA bah...hehehee

Gingal,

Would update after my tues appt.... Cant wait to see bb... keep wondering how is little fella over the past 2 weeks. Heh... still thinking whether i want to have another appt at wk 10, instead of wk12 to get to see bb again.. hb think waste money if dont need to go but ok with it if it is cos i am worried.. heh... so still thinking.. maybe voice it to gynae and see what she says.

Kome,

Not yet online shopping.. was too tired after work... Today staying at home for the whole day... so would start to select. U got ur delivery yet?

asura79...
tell hunbby for the early stage of pregnancy is called the "kaisu" stage...spent alittle money to ensure baby's safety...i think coz at this time we dun get to feel anything except the gynea's magic tv..hahaha....
my gynea always put me on 2 weeks visit during this period until the 2nd trim. it'll be 1 mth once..hehe

gingal...
dun worry...my sisters' darken mark has lessen infact didn't even notice it anymore...

oppsgal....

the gynea has to be the one you are most comfortable with..you can tell all your signs and worries..and she can ease your worry mind..i go to esther coz she always make me feel at ease and know baby in safe hands....hahha...coz this period we are the most vulnerable...moody, confused...
sometimes i can get angry and frustrated for no reason..but i try to control myself..coz i know it's jut the thing we have to go thru...and not to hurt pple around us for no reason...hahaha

mummies who can't sleep well...

i have tried couple of tricks...milk, read and tired myself..but the most i have a straight throughout is to munch on biscuits before bedtime..that'll stop hunger pan and will sleep shortly if you go to pee in the middle of the night...coz the hunger always keeps me awake..
sad.gif

but it works few times tested...so i always place a tin of biscuits next to bed..hehhee

Daphne,

Thanks for the suggestions...but for my case, i can't sleep well or go back to sleep due to restlessness, like got ants on my legs etc. very funni feeling...not hunger though....*sigh*

Fairymoss,

Some essential oils are not very good for expectants and may result in uterine contractions. Best check with those selling whether the scent is suitable before using.

How's everyone's bb bump?
Mine is growing upwards... Dont really protude outwards. Cant wait for the fetal movements from wk 20. Am like less than halfway through... heh

Asura,
Mine bump like no changes for the passed week. After buying Bra extensions, feel more comfy, but still tight...
MS is bad, coming back this week...approaching week 10...keep feeling cold...hate working, so restless...

BB will only move from week 20? Sometimes i will have some small little cramps, and i imagine it's little bean hopping again! Haha

Asura
Me still no BB bump, no signs of pregnancy except very bad MS and sore breasts.

gingal
I too have small pulling cramps, guess it's BB "moving" or my uterus stretching. I dun feel cold, instead i'm feeling so hot and warm. Even in aircon rooms, body temp always ard 37.3-37.5C sleep in aircon rm dun need blanket. I used to be afriad of the cold b4 pregnancy.

gingal & misscandy,

Am intending to order from the taiwan website kome recommended this weekend. If you are interested in tompanging and dont mind getting the goods from me at AMK hub when it is here. Send me the pics of the clothes (in the intended color) u want by tomorrow? heh.. Sorry for the short notice, am quite eager to start buying.

Gingal,

I no longer feel cramps. Read somewhere that the cramps means that the uterus is streching. BB move everyday but most of us can only start feeling bb from wk 20. My colleagues told me that its very exciting to feel the bb move... i cant wait.. At least by then no need to rely on gynae to feel bb. heh.

Back