(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Vernice
Have tried all sorts of methods, but he still prefer to sleep and suckle his thumb instead of taking his milk. No choice my mum and i gave up, but we will still try to feed him every 3 hrs. Just that if he not taking it, my heart will pain and pocket will get more holes. Coz need to throw away the left over lor.

<font color="ff0000">kome</font> - maybe u put like lesser amt each time then less wastage? Joel's intake also up n down so my mum just staggered his intake n feed him more frequently like 2.5hrs. Did Anver's weight drop then?

vernice
One nurse told me if BB addicted to sucking they wont like to take milk liao.
My gal also la, like to suck her thumb, last feed usually 6-7+ then by 9-10+ zzz till morning wake up also like not hungry.
but if give her water...drink like 10days never drink water like tat.

mangogal ...

Hahahaha i reply your PM liao before seeing your post ...

I usually lunch at PS cos only 1 station away for me and The Central when we feel like eating good jap food =)

Got something to share

A baby asked God, 'They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?'
God said, 'Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you.'

The child further inquired. 'But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.'
God said, 'Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy.'

Again the child asked, 'And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?'
God said, 'Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.'

And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?'
God said, 'Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.'

Who will protect me?'
God said, 'Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life.'

'But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.'
God said, 'Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you.'
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, 'God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name.'
God said, 'You will simply call her, 'Mommy.'

hi ladies, itz nice seeing u all in real person...
happy.gif

sorry for being a bit anti-social n late for e DS buffet...
happy.gif
but itz great seeing all u ladies' bubbly sides...

hope can know u all better thru e subsequent gatherings in mths to come...cheers...

hi everyone, I'm new here.
I'd like to find out about your baby's bedtime.

My baby is 5mths old. My last feeding is around 8-9pm.
He refuse to sleep till about midnight, he wake up late about 8+am though. I'm trying to let him sleep early &amp; wake early but he just refuse to settle down.

Read an article saying the best time for babies to go to sleep for the night is as early as 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. Anyone doing this? Any suggestion to let babies settle down to sleep peacefully?

Thanks.

<font color="ff0000">fatfat_junior</font> - oh issit? heehee wa ur gal can sleep so long? my boy now wakes up twice instead of once now...not sure if he is more hungry but he drank more at night instead of day time.

<font color="ff0000">kome</font> - sometimes when the BM is not enough for joel, i just quickly make some formula for him. That's 1 good thing abt formula heehee can prepare in a instant. So that help to save my BM n reduce wastage.

Anne, my bb sleeps around 9+pm nowadays. He used to sleep at 8+, then slept thru till 6 or 7am. Recently, his schedule seems messy and sometimes wake up at 2am, sometimes 4am, sometimes 5 or 6am. I'm gg back to work next week and now frustrated over his sleep pattern. I'm afraid my mum would give him yaolan, which I've been trying to not let him sleep in from Day 1.

<font color="119911">scrumpee,
dats so touching. we r the best!

anne,
my bb's last feed is at 830pm n she slps at abt 9pm+ till next day 8am, wake up play a while den drink milk.</font>

scrumpee - very beautiful &amp; nice! thanks for sharing
happy.gif

shyann - its ok no worries. we understand abt the situation.
happy.gif
thanks for offering anyway. heh heh heh. but do feel free to join us for our gathering if you like
happy.gif

vernice - joel's really cute! hee hee....

scrumpee.. thanks for sharing
happy.gif

anne.. my baby can play til 2am then sleep. imagine how panda eyed hubby n i are. i'm also having a hard time making him sleep early sigh

anne,

sleeping hours going to differ from bb to bb. my boy's bedtime is 9pm and he staerts his day around 7-8am, but he erratically wakes up once in the middle of the night - occasionally at 5 hr intervals, sometimes 4/5 hr, sometimes 8/7 hr. regarding settling down, have u got a bedtime routine so that bb knows it's time to go to sleep for the night?

if u wanna bring his bedtime forwward just be wary that his body clock will wake him up 8 hrs after that (seeing his midnight - 8am pattern). if tt happens maybe u can try dreamfeedeing him (if he will take it) at midnight so that he will sleep thru. think the only way is to trial and error. good luck!

hi mommies, sorry to interrupt. I got a brand new baby GAP rash guard swimwear. It's authentic with UPF 50+ protection. so am selling at $25.
suitable for 6-9mths. pl PM me if interested.i can provide a clearer pic.
2746359.jpg

anne - it will take a bit of stamina to try to train now... but if u r determined, im sure you can do it... you have to get a routine going... previously kirsten was also like that.. she wld either be awake frm 12-3am or 4am-7am... really horrible! i guess we slowly got a routine for her... her day is such... she wld get up ard 6-7am for milk... then go play abit.. and go back to slp.. then wake up 9-10am for bath then feed... and play... day time she does takes naps in btwn but very very short ones... ranges from 15mins - 1hr depending on her mood... then she wld play n cackle away... then ard 6-7pm... wld bathe her again and then feed her... then she wld slp... til ard 10pm... wake up for feed again... sometimes she wld wan to play... but we try not to at this time... if not she wldnt sleep... then she wld sleep... at times she wakes up for feeds at 3am... but sometimes she wld sleep thru... depends... sometimes she wld wake up and whine at night but jus pat her and she wld go back to sleep...

one thing to note is the environment... b4 bedtime i wld use a small lamp... i wldnt on the bedroom light already... and make it as quiet and dark as possible... then tell her its sleeping time... then position her sideways and hug her bolster and pat her... it doesnt work all the time la.. sometimes she wld wan to play... then jus play awhile.. nothing exciting... then when she is tired she wil KO...

like what areya says, all babies sleeping patterns differ... u jus have to train them and have a set routine so they knw whats next... plus keep talkin to them... they understand somehow...

Srumpee~ tat's so sweet.

This morning i saw a article on "Today" papers-a mom ate her own 3wks old BB.Alamak its so so sad
Dun understand y she was send down to earth and died tis way juz after 3wks?

anne / kris
My BB sleep pattern same same as kris. Usually she ll be outside in e living room till 7-8plus then we ll bring her to e room and on Orange light then make her zzz.

hi missycandy, hv dropped you an email about my doidy cup.. You mentioned weekday is better to collect my cup, let me know the timing ok? thanks..

vivien - i cnt confirm timing for now becos im all ovr the island. hai. if its possible, maybe u wana drop by my office at shunfu to collect it? i can let my colleague knw. she cn pass it to u.

Occasion ~ 6mths Babies Bash
Venue ~ Bishan Loft Function Room (Seabreeze)
Date ~ 5th Sept 09
Time ~ 1230pm onwards
Food ~ Catering from Am Chef (Thai Cuisine)
Cost(per pax) ~ $14 ( would require you all to transfer funds POSB Savings 022-35787-5 )
Programme ~ 1. Talk on Weaning by a PD(confirmed), 2. Cooking Demo (tbc)(working out stuff with sponsors =P )

Note
~ Mummies who are driving, kindly volunteer to bring along playmat for our babies to lie on. Thanks! (Seabreeze / Scrumpee)

~ Kindly let me know names of your babies &amp; if HB coming as well.

~ if u have decided to move yourself frm confirmed to KIV list or vice versa, pls pm me.
for those who wish to add on, kindly PM me... im not online 24/7 sometimes thread moves tad fast.. though i do scroll back to read, wld prefer you to pm me with contact as well
thanks!

~ do bring extra cash! Am inviting some BP sellers.

Baby Food
~ Mummies keen to buy from www.healthytimes.sg kindly pm me(missycandy) your orders. Will ask them to deliver to us during the 6mth bash.
If we can collate more than $250 worth of orders, will be entitled to 15% off. Kindly refer to web for items available. (deadline by 20th August 09

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>No</TD><TD>Nicks</TD><TD>Babies Names</TD><TD>HB</TD><TD>Others </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>missycandy</TD><TD>Kirsten</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>asura</TD><TD>Charlene</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>alfafa</TD><TD>Grace</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>daphne kang</TD><TD>Ugin</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>starflower</TD><TD>Keenan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>jtho</TD><TD>Olivier</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>minnie24</TD><TD>Andrique</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>cindy</TD><TD>Trishelle</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>lenny</TD><TD>Brianne</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>p3pp3r</TD><TD>Ziv</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>sportyger</TD><TD>Marissa Ann</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>Shao Han</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Pei</TD><TD>Mikaela</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Jo(mickeymummy)</TD><TD>Eddric</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>HoHo</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>sun96</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Keron&amp;Jeris</TD><TD>Kayla</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Ida</TD><TD>Akmal Rizqin</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Annmelody</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Kris</TD><TD>Kerryn</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>babe(kazooie)</TD><TD>Shayna</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>prosper</TD><TD>Kayle</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>scrumpee</TD><TD>Eames</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>yiyi123</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>lingmama</TD><TD>Destinee</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>babydreams</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>pinksorbet</TD><TD>Kyan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>queenie</TD><TD>tristan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>janbebe</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>lizy</TD><TD>Vera</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>maddy</TD><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD>#1 kiv </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KIV List</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>pumpkinseed</TD><TD>Alaia</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>vivienpg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>princessindreamland</TD><TD>Ian</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>sassybaby</TD><TD>Ryken</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>pinkdemoness</TD><TD>Elixir</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irene06</TD><TD>Zac</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>jaszho</TD><TD>Javen</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>vernice</TD><TD>Joel</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>jasminenbc</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>sung</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>fatfish</TD><TD>Cadence</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mangogal</TD><TD>Caroline</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>babywee</TD><TD>Eugene</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>corene</TD><TD>Elijah</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>blurjen</TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>agneschew</TD><TD>Clayton</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>devil</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>No</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>blurgal79</TD><TD>Davis</TD><TD>kiv</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>wintertime</TD><TD>Wilber</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

srumpee
thanks for sharing .. is so sweet ya.
happy.gif

pigpig
wha such things happened in us? faints. very sad to hear that.

oh dim sum today is an another success makan gathering. thanks for all mommies turning up.
happy.gif

hope u all enjoyed urself. hehe and we are glad to have VIP-pumpkin to walk in too! keke
oo ya, nice to see new faces like babe(me nvr c her b4), tusky and vivien,and hoho who else ah? hehe aniway, hope to c u all again.. and tkcare.. im going to start revisions again.. alamak. ok ciao..

Tusky,

No worried, pai sei no chance to talk to you much as me gotta rush wiht the other mummies for the class.

RE: Sewing Class
Believe all the mummies enjoy it so much and BB Jayden so cute!!!!!!!!!! i managed to complete my 2 big scottys for both my darlings but my son treat it as a gun....sigh!!!!! N my girl prefer her brother one as it's brighter.... fainzzzzzzzzz

Dim Sum Lunch,
The turnout is overwhelming and me busy eating b;se rushing for class later so no choice to speak to some mummies over the other table...apologies....

Mummies who wanna tt me...details as follows:

$25.65
POSB Savings 007-26878-5

Please PM me once you tt so that I can check...but me takes a few days to check.... hee hee

Alfafa,

Let me know for the stuff after the lunch n cab and I will TT you accordingly...Think I would only be able to do so on Friday or Monday, if you dun mind :>

Hell mummies...

Dim Sum...
yes this kinda gathering is nice..although many mummies didnt come with babies..but have seen alot of babies grown..it shows that we have been through a great journey together...hehee
wow....next is the 6mth bash....cant wait...
happy.gif

obsession...hehehe
MILK intake....recently ugin's intake is erractic..esp when he's out..that is distraction i know...however...
1.does any mummies still feed babies in the middle of the night or baby sleeps through?
2. do they cry like as if have been skinned off when feeding time?? aiyah ugin sometimes can cry so badly when it past feedin time (4hrs) esp in the middle of the night...
sad.gif

3. does baby's head moves alot while feeding..keeps turning one side and back to the bottle while feeding???

champagne...

haha...i have told jtho and starflower that i will pop a magnum when i stop breastfeeding sometime when ugin turns 6mths...hehee
then of late....my milk supply has increased..( well lesser then initial stage but more then the last time when i fell ill)
so i guess....the magnum has to wait...i will provide ugin BF for alittle longer bah(no sahsimi still)..but will definitely lessen ...as of now..he has decrease his milk intake when he increased his solid intake...
so jtho...."tong" for awhile more then we POP the magnum okie..hehhe...."slurp'slurp"...hehhe

hi mommies,

can chk with you all wat brand of rice cereal or brown rice cereal is good to start with for our little one? my gal keeps waking up at nite... dunno if she's hungry or just can't sleep well
sad.gif

thks scrumpee for the reading. so sweet
happy.gif

i share with other mommy frenz okie

read that most babies here can sleep thru e nite already... haiz when will my gal be able to sleep thru...

<font color="aa00aa">sung
i'll use the thermometer on my boi. thanks!!!

st
i'm using the 'M' size teat when my boi turns 3 mth old... so far he's ok with it =)
u still using 'S' size teat?

vernice
yr boi looks diff w botak hairstyle... cute n round... but still more handsome with hair... kekeke
i'm bringing my boi to trim his hair short 2day, dun tink will shave for him as love his hair too much... hahaha</font>

Dim Sum,
hmm..didnt really hv a good time to mingle wif u all, hv to rush back office. I realise everyday is a rush for me, place to place, shack!
I actually lost 2 or 3 kg within 1 month after I go back to work n I find it unhealthy to lost so much cos scared affect my BM quality
sad.gif

Cos during ML, I lost 1kg per month gradually.
That time after gym trail class, also gt to rush to some other place.
I hope to hv more bonding wif u all and get to understand you all better, I envy some of you mummies are so close becos of often mini gathering/lunches and bonding time.
Realise I need more support after back to work, feel losing touch rather than hi/bye touch &amp; go kind of conversation wif our thread mummies cos I find all of you are so friendly and nice frendship to build up....sorry for my morning grumpling this morning
sad.gif

So feel free to jio me for lunch at vivo (harbourfornt mrt), central (clarke quay mrt) &amp; plaza sing
happy.gif

Scrumpee, thks for sharing, it is so beautiful, God's wonder creation
happy.gif

SEabreeze, oh central, alot of good foodl! Walking distance for me only, hee jio me when u come to central for lunch!

Ann, tt to you tonite &amp; will pm you
happy.gif

Queenie, when ur last paper? Jiayou and you can do it!

Daphane, wah glad ur bm supply had increase
happy.gif
U hv been a very good mum to Ugin and I can witness your love yest at lunch
happy.gif

My gal also love to shake/move her head being distracted during feeding time, hiaz...

BTW, anyone of your LOs shake the head side to side before sleeping? My gal will and signal us she is tired and need to pat her to sleep, so cute when her eye half close and shaking head at same time,hehe!

mummies,
just 1 day leave, was swamp wth emails... ARGH!!

anyw, nice mtg all of u!!!

Ann,
What about taxi? :p
i TT to u wkends.
Or u have ocbc acct?
PM me hor..

Hi mummies, had been so busy at work, no time to log in!

You gals must have enjoyed the dim sum, yum yum!

Just to share, I have booked my holis for the year end
happy.gif
. Going to bali in november and Japan in dec. I dont know whether I am being very ambitious in bringing baby to Japan cos its winter then. Anyone knows where to get winter clothings for babies?

Morning

Yes.....yesterday was so fun. Can chat alot to all the mummies. Actually yesterday was abit upset as i heard some bad gossiping worse still was from my previous manager which i thought she was nice person but think i am wrong lor. That was why last min decided to go for the dim sum. Felt so relieved after seeing all the cute babies and busy chatting away. Forgot all the unpleasant things.

Mangogal
I envy you lor, cannot see your tummy and so slim some more. Maybe you are too stress that is why you lose alot of weight very fast.

Morning mummies

Daphane
3. does baby's head moves alot while feeding..keeps turning one side and back to the bottle while feeding???
ANS- YES YES YES YES YES
seems like she doesn't like milk anymore!sometimes take up to 1/2hr to feed her or simply ve to throw.

Mangogal
My gal not only head shake, hand and leg also flying everywhere when she wants to zzz at nite, she ll grab her bean pillow and hit her own face and chew her fist.anyone who gets near her get boxed/kick by her! haha

Wah Sportyger, that is so nice gng overseas wif Marissa
happy.gif

Did you do her passport?

I think winterclothings can chk at BB Gap/or children dept at shopping centre? THey shld hv some thick clothings for winter season.

Pigpig, haha ur baby so cute! Did u video her in action? hehe:D

Kome, ya very stress at work so scared my bm quality is affected, so always hv good dinner at my mum place, nw I try to drink more brew soup.

Mangogal
Don't put too much stress to yourself coz it might affect your supply. Not to worry about the quality of your BM, as long as you have a balance diet and eat well, i sure your BM will be very good.

Kome,

I am staying at Sengkang, maybe I can go check out at wintertime at hougang mall then. Thanks gal
happy.gif

Mangogal,

Going to do her passport soon. I just redeem my tickets first and will buy marissa's tic when her passport is done. Ok will go check out gap, but wonder do they sell now cos its not the winter season yet.

Wonder how I would have to gear marissa up leh? omg must have sweaters, jackets, pants, hats and etc....think I will have to spend a bomb and she will probably only wear those once!

Kome, hiaz..ok I try not too cos stress is frm the demands of public. I try ot eat healthy liao.
Nw looking fwd to next friday as I am on leave and the long national day weekend to relax!

pigpig,

I love going on holidays so dont care lah just go hehe. Although I know its not going to be easy bringing a 10 mths old baby along. somemore gng to be winter lor.

mamgogal
haha mayb i ll try one day,so for e past few days i ve been pinning her down and askin my hubby to stroke her head while singing.

same for feeding time - i realise her hand /legs cannot keep still one

Back