(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

oh...kampong eggs also my MIL buy one..she one shot buy 3-4 trays...so take super long to finish also la.

flo: cantonese style cooking leh...u love soup also??? although i am hokkien, but my mum cooking is cantonese style..so i follow abit also

jd just fell from her bed.. a bruise on her head...

mercs,
thank.. so can eat apples w/o steaming liao.. hehe.. great!!
i'm also doing puree for veg and etc to add to the porridge.. lazy to do it everyday..
3-4 trays.. by the time u using the last tray, the eggs might nt be fresh anymore...

sel: vege for adding into porridge usually i will chop on the day itself...then add in lor.

that is why i keep clearing the eggs myself la...eat what also add egg for me & hb lor...
my freezer is full also cos she bought all the fish and pork and now latest addition is chix...but i dunno how to reject her la. think she feel better by buying for kyler ba...
but i scared keep too long...so my meals always got the fish the pork..

flo: this is what i do, usu in the morning, i w throw everything into slow cooker to cook, except for fish, meat, veg..

fish i stil steam separately... so that the meat w stil be soft n tender.. abt 8 min w do.. then mash it up put in porridge..

for meat, i w mince it up first..use hot water to run thru it a few times... and maybe abt 30 min b4 serving, put the meat into porridge for it to cook somemore.. at least meat is still soft wont over cook..

for chicken.. same i steam it and then manually shred it lor..

not sure if correct method.. but this was wat i have been doing all these while

for apple, i also dont steam them already unless i got time lah.. jus hold one piece for him to grind and bite

ni: u try lar.... damn gds! faster some more... dun have to "jagar"... depends on ur fire, if u low heat then give as dinner lar... u try out.. since u say kyan dun fancy ur porridge haha... like that very thick consistency and tasty

flo : i don't cook over fire too, i use double boiler with 2 jars inside. 1 for porridge & the other for fish. But if cook meat, i will mince the pork/chix then make into ball form then put inside the porridge 15 mins b4 serving.

As for veg, i bouhgt the cube spinanch recommended by dink from CS, veri easy.

flo: kyan now loves the maid's porridge. wahaha. but is i teach her de lah. haha. this boy takes quite some time to like new food de... picky boy.. ok. next time i try. maybe can get a new steamer also.

blessed: u really hardworking leh. i just ask the maid to cook porridge in slow cooker in the morning, den 1 hr b4 kyan eats, i ask her put in everything. haha.

mercs: kyan like milk, followed by cereals, lastly porridge. but also ok with porridge now. he is rubbish bin, takes in everything. stomach damn huge!

ni/blessed mum: actually can try put bones inside ur slow cooker? lagi more tasty right? just a though, got marrow nutrition too

ann: ya damn yumz... ever since i did that, she finish the whole soup bowl

ni: kyler dont like milk..siao siao one. but yday i bought him to ntuc then i show him meiji milk then i tell him drink milk milk, his mouth auto open..wakakaka...

flo..im using very similar method of cooking Z's porridge like you...we use double boiled method but im concerned over Z over relying on the mashy texture of porridge though it taste really nice...

talking about yummy baby food, I discovered another yummy and simple recipe... steam sweet potato (equivalent to 2 eggs-sized), spinach, fish and carrot together, mash and mix and serve hot... yummy manzzz... I'm gonna try this weekend...

kyler no longer taking those nua nua porridge le...i gave him with texture kind..can feel the rice kind..cos i wanna him to chew instead of just swallow...
like cereal..he practically swallow...

bunny: my boy v lazy to chew one... he will chew chew, then pretend to choke and kek kek kek ... and then swallow... make me so scared to feed him texture food...

seems that the mummies here very 'goot lat'. Makes me asamed! haha....even weekends, I will ask my mum to cook & tapao frm her place. if not, will be bottled food or my superquick cook porridge. So far, Aedan has tried minced chicken, pork & beef.

laugh: the frozen spinach is super convenient right? love it to bits. haha..lazy mum here.

Flo: Aedan loves Cedele bread too!

mercs > not just urs,my crystal used to sleep at 12.30am,now i force her to go to bed at 10.30am.then she will drag draggggggggg till 11+pm.

crystal's drinking schedule.

6am - 150ml FM
9am - 150ml FM
12pm - porridge
4.30pm - 150ml FM/cereal
8pm - porridge
10.30- 150ml FM

9pm - 210ml FM

bbystarlet : wah... u feed crystal porridge so late?

Dink : yes yes... so convenient but so far only saw frozen spinach, no others veg, right?

mercs/ni: no lah, not hardworking.. sometimes dun feel liek cooking porridge... just let him eat potato..

these my mum taught me wan.. haha.. i never had to cook porridge over fire.. all thks to her mini cooker... loves it!

mercs: yes now also dun cook until nua nua liao... w switch it off when see porridge is ready...got texture... so he can chew properly..

flo: can try too!? :p i never try it b4 tho

mercs/blessedmum : thks for the info but me lazy and only cook during wkend for him cos wkday is cook by my mil, so the amount use is veri little, prefer the frozen one. As for carrot, sweet potato, pumkin, normally i dun cook during wkend becos mil already feed him all these during wkday, scare later face yellow yellow if too much.

ann01jan: start slowly. give him something soft or his favourite food to chew. fish is the easiest i find.

babystarlet: no specify schedule. as & when, esp when he eats. just sip here & there.

blessedmum: i gave capsicum to kyler...kekeke...but not much la. he eat leh. siao siao one.
sometimes i also dont feel like cooking porridge so i gave pasta or macaroni or mee sua...
cooking for babies more difficult then cooking for adults man...

laugh: yin choy is good also...can try...

bbstarlet: difficult to let kyler zzz early leh. he is like still so alert and active at 10pm...haiz...

drinking of water, as and when lor. no exact timing also..but usually when he wakes up, i make sure i gave him water. occassionally i will give soya bean, juice also

calling sperzz: i never redeem the unbrella for you.. the queue is tooooo long. u want the receipt back? or do you have the duplicate receipt w u? perhaps u can go and redeem tmr. sorry babe

laugh: i give frozen sweet peas, nice with fish but weird with pork... actually fresh spinach can just steam oso and v fast cooked liao, isn't frozen more troublesome, still mus defroze ?

flo : i dun think my MIL use kampong chix, cos she only get the certain parts fm the market... if buy kampong chix, muz buy whole chix right? BTW, if you dun mind buying whole chix, can buy those sakura or empress chix - hormones free & antibiotics free... =)

u going polliwogs tis fri? i m persuading hb to bring the kids there next week. =)

ni / Laugh : i think we discuss abt the soya beans b4 when we were preggy... hehe... but small qty is fine. =) My MIL say too much beans will produce wind oso lor...

soya beans got calcium is it huh?

gelato: sakura chix is good...less oil..when i cook soup with that the soup is not oily at all.

but well..i had a hard time chopping it...its huge

my dog jus did something gross.. she poo in toilet again. n when i wanted to go & clean up the mess, the poop's gone. where do u think the poop are now. *disgusted*

blessedmum....was just commenting abt celery to hb the other day...cos personally i hate d smell / taste of celery....so was telling him mi shd not b so selfish rite...must let Z try..hee

but thinking abt preparing it...**shiver**

hello mommies: seems like all ur bb are taking porridge v well. is there any mommy whose bb only likes milk???? cos mine dun like cereal n porridge. gives mi the puking expression after few mouthfuls and vomits all out if i insist the next spoon feed. kinds worried cos milk alone is not sufficient for him at this age. doc also says so big still not taking semi solids a bit late liao.

any advice from mommies??

Back