(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Gelato: I keep thinking about Island Creamery too cos I hear you girls talk about it here. Which flavours are nice?

gelato/suika: can always share out the cost by dividing the cream. currently my mom is using the cream. it's also suitable for women aft menopause. previously she's having difficulties sleeping cos of her asthma n body aches, aft applying the progesterone cream, she can sleep till morning, feeling refreshed. i initially bought the cream for her so jus "steal" abit from her every nite to apply lor, but still my money.

anyway, wat is impt is that health is gd n anything else is secondary, that's wat i think.

blessedmum : really ah? you've went thru b4? how's the result?

ni : how abt urs? how often u hv to go? & was the results good?

sus : i guess mine isn't that bad bcos i put on more... my lower body is basically much bigger than b4.... hehe...

Samval : i thot puting on half a kg per week is perfect? why ur gynae frown?

ju: u mean the anti-water retention cream u use is the one in the ebay link? I thought it was for PMS? Are we allowed to use progesterone in pregnancy?

ange: no prob =)

God morning mummies... I still feel sleepy... sigh... had terrible headache yesterday & was surfing the net till 3am! ;-p This morning, heard #2 at my door... so force myself up at 8+... eyes feel like shutting now... sigh...

Then just feel like getting out of the house... am contemplating going to recee the J&J sale... but couldn't find company...

My friend wants to go to IMM to get some books for her son... but as she's alone with her 2 boys (younger one is special needs), she can only do a short quick trip.... can't even have lunch there with me... sigh... poor gal... she stopped work for 6mths to guide her #2... returning to work in Jan... so for these 6mths, she went solo without the nanny to cut cost... so wei da hor... I told her I can never do what she did... cycle her son everywhere (cut cost)... and her son is bigger size than my #1! cook, clean, send son for therapy, guide elder son herself... she has lost so much weight, she's slimmer than ever before!

blessedmum/gelato: but when we are still on breastfeeding our babies, cannot go for slimming sessions first right???

oh ya, u noe what kind of liquor we need to buy for confinement? yam-ming-jiu? or dom??

Ange : it's my 1st purchase, so i dunno which flavour is nice. Shall ask cheekygal when she comes in... she recommended it to us, & i've been thinking abt it too... hehe... btw, i got mine fm Great World City. (the main 1 is @ Serene Centre)

ju : Thanks. If i wanna buy, do i hv to sign up acct with ebay? currently, i dun hv 1 lor...

sus: when we r preg, we r "progesterone machine", only when the progesterone levels drop, then we go into contractions.

basically wat it does, is to get our system back to the best level of hormones combi. tat's why u see that it has many benefits.

this pdt is flew in from US, you can contact the seller direct, she's usually quite prompt in answering qns. i'm not the best person to answer cos i've originally gotten the cream for my mom's use a few mths back.

ni : shld be ok ba? but cannot take special diet. If i go, i may try those body wraps or machine to 'beat up' the fats...

For liquor, i use Dom & Wincarin.

EmQ : I agree with u that ur fren is so wei-da, I really admire her. but, is 6mths guidance sufficient? what's her plan aft that?

Samval : hmmm... maybe she's taking her own frame & weight as the threshold.... (she quite small size right?) When i exceed target by 1 kg, my gynae still say, "I'm happy for u.. it's ok, 1kg is nothing...."

gelato: use dom more for cooking or to drink it solo like dat??? btw, for slimming, i also dunno got wad effects leh, cos last time when i sign up, i nv go regularly, but afetr delivery, i must make sure i be more hardworking man... i sign up for those machines which help to disburse the fats, make them softer, etc..also not very sure lar

gelato: ebay is jus a platform for advertising. i've pm u her contact, u can check wif her directly. jus say that Julie intro one, cos she might think it's some pp she dunno want to chat her up... hee hee..

dazed: u go where to buy the nursing bra in JB? tat day i went JB giant (didnt expect giant got sell nursing bra also). there selling non wired RM$12.90, wired RM$9.90. cheap also hor...
i have 5 pcs of nursing bra liao...should be enough ba??

ju: the progesterone cream good for menopause use ma?? i think my mum having menopause leh...
yday night we brought her go dinner, she was fine one...then later 11pm, sit outside living room and said she everywhere pain and want to die...

make me today so worried...haiz

Gelato: I'll pop by the Serene Centre one one of these days. Hehe

Ni: I've got 2 bottles of DOM @ home. But I half suspect I'm not gona like it very much. Will see what else my confinement lady needs when she's in then we'll go buy.

My girlfriend was asking what tonics I'd need when she comes visit me in the hospital. I told her: Buy me champagne! Hahaha

hello mercs! hows the young boss learning from u?? we tumm tumm so big still can go JB ah? i wanna go but scared... i only got 2 nursing bras.... =(

gelato: either she comparing to her own small frame or cos i'm overweight to begin with lah. now hit 69.8 kg liao. so this preg i put on 9.8 kg liao, which i think is ok ba.

hmm. i wanna go facial but i dunno my back can take it or not? yesterday during the 3D scan, i lie there for 45mins i nearly died wor... felt my back was breaking..

mercs: yah lor, my mum also last time... wander the hall searching for food because she can't sleep... at first i thot she's old so sleep less, but wif every day passed, she lookd more haggard so i tried massage, hot water foot bath for her everynite. have some use lah. but aft preg, cannot help her do all these things liao. talk to my buddy abt it, she recommend mee preogesterone cream. i've read about it for more info b4 deciding to get for my mum. u can go to the website http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110315788005 to check it out.

ni: today abit moody and worried coz of my mum...haiz...
so far the young boss quite quiet leh...so i on and off still come in la...but wont post so much liao lor...
i went last week to JB la...accompany hubby to pump petrol and eat supper...hehe...later part i wont go in liao lor...i thinking maybe will go in one last time...see how...since the bathing herbs cheap there...see how 1st la...abit lazy at times

samval: i went facial yday. cannot take it anymore ah! last month, when i was still 28 weeks pregnant, went facial, able to lie there for 2 hours. BUT yday, totally cannot tahan anymore. maybe baby is heavier, thats why back cannot take it anymore.. guess will be the last facial for me.. till bb comes out

ni : ya, Dom can be used for cooking. My MIL oso use it to cook 'soup' for me... she make DOM with chicken drumstick for me - throw into the slow cooker to cook for afew hours, then let me eat/drink b4 bedtime. =) sometimes use DOM, sometimes use Wincarin. If bfg, better dun drink direct, cos' got alcohol content, no good for bb.

Okie then... the slimming part, we can share info with 1 another aft we act on it... hehe...

Ange : The 1 Serene Centre shld hv more choices of flavour, but my hb refused to bring me there - he say parking is a prob.... hehe...

mo3 : not me leh... i only buy Smith & Nephew fm Unity - now on promo - $9.90 per tube. (usual $12+)

ju : Thanks! =)

suika: u can try, but by the time ur BIL comes back, u might hv delivered liao. if i can wait, i tompang u also... hee hee.. but now i'm jus glad that my feet is back to its gigantic flat size. :D

ju: ya...JB nursing bras quite cheap...cheaper than sg lor..but have to go in la..
i think i saw the biggest size is size 38/40.

xiao liao! talk abt facial, i missed my last appt, hvn't make new one, now face feels heaavy liao... i want a total evacuation!

Calling for Precious b_b!

Hey dearie... if you have been to J&J sale, tell us what to expect le....

Also, where did you gers get your baby mattresses? I need to get a new one for #2, cos graduating her to a toddler bed... the old cot will be used by #3.

I need a 52x28 one & saw the Baby Safe at Taka. It was selling at $195. Can't seem to find any other mattress anywhere... so am thinking to check out IMM... wonder what the range is like... cos if I can't find another option, will probably go Taka to get it by this week... cardmembers get extra 10% off today till Fri... so must rush to check around by Wed/Thu....

mercs: HAH!.... not sure whether will fit but anyway, going in next mth to get some bak gua so might as well get nursing bras too... hee hee.. hopefully haven't popped by then... talk abt risk-taking n adventuring! :D

DaddyToBe : I was at Mothers Work yestd, so chk out the Avent pump for u... The other Avent pdts got 20% off, but electric pump (both single & double) dun hv wor... maybe the distributor ctrl price...

wau ju! you very daring leh! wan to go in JB in January ah? steady leh. not scared baby suddenly pops out and become malaysian??? keke

mercs: what happen to your mum? dont mind / care to share? sorry i din really go back to read the post cos ppl walking around behind me, not so convenient.

ni: that's exactly what i'm afraid of lor. hey how come your EDD change leh? u mean brought forward? is it cos of bb's weight?

EMQ: u know this Kids mall at IMM? they can custom made mattress size leh.
that day i got ask a playpen size (i cant remember), outside sell $30+ but not exact size la. then the sales can custom made but will cost around $50. not very ex la...

samval: i think its bcos of baby's growth. but i not gonna get too concerned abt EDD liao. when bb wants to come out and greet the world he will lar.

ju: next mth i wont go in liao la...next week i also dont dare to go in liao...i dont want my son to be malaysian.

samval: i think she having menopause or depression. she keep telling us she here pain there pain, but see doctor liao no problem, she still said doctor dont know how to see (alamak then how they become doctor)...
yday bring her out for dinner, she was still laughing and everything looks normal, went home liao, 10+ go sleep, 11+ wake up and sit in living room and said she want to die...
alamak!! i dunno what to do...i book appointment to bring her see psycharist at IMH liao...
now my sis bring her go polyclinic to get referral for full body check...
its affecting me lor...i am already so xin ku liao...yet she like that...i dunno what to do...
she supposed to help me with confinement one...should i dont ask her to help already? supposingly if i cant find infant care/nanny, i will engage a maid and help her while she take care of my son...but now...i really at a lost...dunno what to do already..

sorry i grumble too much...

ni: my EDD is 23rd wah, so still got time. anyway first time mum wah, so need longer time to deliver... c lor... think it'll b fun 2 give birth wif hb as midwife... ahahahaha... dun think can b malaysian one lor cos hb n i r singaporeans n birth registration is in SG rite?

gelato: My friend will have to get back to work... financial constrain... actually her son has been attending therapy sessions since 18mths... just that he's of kindergarten age now & therapist felt that progress not ideal for entry to main stream primary sch... so friend decided to take 6mths off to help speed up his progress... during this time, she suffered a miscarriage, went on to conceive another, but decided to abort & liagate eventually... otherwise, she'll one of us here... hers would have been been Jan/Feb 09.

Felt so sad for her at that time... tried to talk her out of it... but finally realised that it'll be her responsibility, not mine.... so I've no right to 'force' her to keep the baby... I wanted to adopt her baby, but she felt that she would never be able to give it up if she brought it to term... and she'd rather abort then face other difficulties later... just in case it turn out to be another special need... although her eldest son is healthy and perfectly normal, I think for a mother with a special need child, the fear is always there... sigh...

So all the more, I just count my blessings... I thank God that I've 2 beautiful & healthy princesses... and another coming along...

mercsboy : sounds scary leh.. no wonder u so worried. Is she going thru menopause now? otherwise, is there any other cause of her going into depression? anything happened lately that affects her?

gelato: wow thank you so much. yah the distro probably control those electric pumps
sad.gif

Guess OG's special price of 650+ for the electric duo is good for those who wish to buy the electric duo.

Will be busy so won't be chking in the forums so much. Have fun ladies!

sperzz: cannot meh?! i've been doing it for the past few years liao leh.

mercs: go IMH!? so serious... is it only happen at nite? if it is, jus pay her more attn at nite. sometimes going thru menopause, their mood swings very extreme one but will taper off once their hormones more stable.

mercsboy: Thanks, I was trying to locate Kids Mall... it was previously near the restaurants before the revamp, rt? Then there was another at Suntec, but that one has 'disappeared'... I used to meet & talk to the boss when it was still a very small shop at IMM... she was very friendly, but after the expension, all the staffs CMI... so I kind of stop patronising the shop... hahaha...

$50 is very cheap le... cos the Babysafe one is $195! It's a standard size cot mattress so I dun think I need to custom make it...

I dun really like to custom make where size is concern... cos it'd mean that everything else need to custom make... covers, etc... similarly when the sales person suggested getting a longer bed when we upgraded ours to King (cos HB quite tall), we decided the normal one will do cos HB's leg not that long la... still can fit... if custom make... I won't be able to use all those pretty bedsheets liao... then every time I need a new set, I'll need to custom make... kind of troublesome... hee hee...

gelato: ya i am worried...its adding mental stress to me..yet i dunno how to help...
i dunno is it menopause or depression...
i already made appt to bring her see psycharist liao...so lets see how lor.

gelato: my mum somemore just strike 7k last wednesday leh...

ju: i dont stay with my mum...my sis only can call me at nite and scream/cry over the phone...but what can i do??/ i am so stressed also...

mercs: i can understand your plight cos i have a "live" person living with me also (my MIL). only thing my MIL is the violent type lor. firstly, u did the right thing by bringing your mum for assessment at IMH. secondly, i think it is NOT a good idea to let her care for your son. sorry for being frank, but i'm sure what is important is the safety of our babies. i'm not saying that she will do anything lah, but we dont want to keep thinking also "what if this, what if that", rite? the solution now is to either get a maid (then again you have to be prepared to jaga your maid + your mum). if your maid knows of your mum's condition, will she take advantage like do funny things etc? the other solution is to put your bb in infant care. that way, u will sure have a peace of mind that bb is in good hands with professionals and they wills ure get adequate care + mixing around & developing thier motor skills faster. but of course need to fork out a bit more $$. i think ultimately what we want is someone to take care of the bb. sorry if i'm long-winded, but this is how i look at things lor. cheer up & hang in there. come in and talk to us k?

EmQ : oh dear, so sad to hear abt ur fren's story. But, i must say she's very brave. & she truly loves her son soooo much... i guess she's afraid that she can't give her special need son so much attention that's why decided not to hv any more kids. You're right, we shld all count our blessings.

DaddyToBe : no prob, "shun bian" only...

suika: isit?! still hv water retention aft delivery... haiz... ok lor... think i see my case how then i 见一步走一步. anyway the cream is gd for balancing out ur hormones so it's a gd to hv, especially for pp who always go thru very bad PMS n menopause. there is also a male version, but i'm not interested as the males in my family r ok in health, only my mum abit problematic.

EmQ: Later will be going to kidzloft. Have you seen their website if they have the mattress you're looking for?

Will be dropping by J & J sale too. Wife wanna go Daiso to get stuff.

Back