(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Ni: I'll probably clean out my washing machine using the washing powder I plan to use on baby's clothes and letting it run on an empty load.

Ni, ya, my fren is the hubby. The funeral is on thursday but I won't be going cos preggie. Won't be going to the wake also. Just join with some frens to print the obituary in the newspapers.
sad.gif

ni: if u use vinegar i scare later the smell too strong wor....wad i do is add bleach & detol instead....the smell not as strong as vinegar la....so it's up to u

Ni, ya you can run empty load (or with some rags) with vinegar or you can run empty load with your new detergent, assuming your new detergent can clean off the residue. Some detergents won't be able to clean off but some can.

Bumwear is also a nappy/diaper. Actually nappy and diaper mean the same thing, just one is american lingo. The difference is whether it is disposable or reusable. Bumwear is a reusable nappy/diaper. It's a modern version of a cloth diaper, looks nicer and lasts slightly longer than a traditional cloth diaper. Like all reusable diapers, it may cost more at the beginning but over the long run, it will save u more money. The same bumwear can be used for years cos it is adjustable, and u can even use it for ur next child. But you do have to do washing!

Can find out more at www.bumwear.com

Just like the usual benefits of traditional diapers/nappies, using reusables will be more comfortable for bb (wearing cloth ma), will potty train earlier and no nappy rash.

There are many many many brands of these sort of diapers now, from my research on the internet I have come across about 50 brands! But in Singapore, it is just starting to catch on.

Just for ur info, these are some of the brands I came across for reusable diaper/nappy like bumwear. A few are available in singapore.

Bummis
Happy Heinys
Mommy's touch
bumgenius!
Swaddlebees
Sugar peas
Wonder wraps
Babylove
Kissaluv
Fuzzibunz
Motherease
Kushies
Wahmies
Under the nile
Drybees
... And the list goes on and on...

thanks pinkie and sus about the bumwear info. will go read about it and check out the retail shop! =)

sus, the oil, i have confirmed with the sales assistant already. its for reducing water retention, to be used after pregnancy...

ah. fox baby clothes are cheap and good.
so near me, maybe i can pop by.
but few years back, i went to their warehouse sale b4.
ALOT of pple ah! really have to squeeze. almost like crocs sale

Ni, ya go check it out, the designs are so adorable, and really save so much over the long term. The website got calculate and explain the cost - can save about $1000+ minimum compared to disposables, assuming you spend $0.30 per disposable (mamypoko is much more ex than $0.30)

But must do washing la... So its not to everyone's preference la.

Anyway, it will be fun when our babies are all out and we have our meet ups with our babies - can check out and share what each if us are using for diapers, bottles, diaper bags, strollers, what is good, what is not so good, so fun, hahaha!

I agree with mercsboy, FOX girl clothes are nice. Don't find the boys clothes as nice as the girls, especially because the colours are quite dull. I like Zara more though, they have really adorable kids clothes.

hahaha. cheekygal. yes i used to love brands like Gucci and LV. but not now... now i can only afford to love.... MamyPoko, Avent, Frislo, Ennfamama.... blah blah blah... NO CHOICE

ooh I like Fox too.. but aiyah.. its the East side again!!

Just got a call from clinic that my gynae go emergency delivery =p so cant see baby tonight le.

suika, dunno how many % off. think must be usual 30% off. anyway i am not fan of gucci, can't bear to spend so much on somehting made of canvas instead of leather.

sus: can try see yr bb tomo? schedule appt to tomo.
actually if i see doctor ong on weekdays during day time, he can give me MC. so i need not use my annual leave.

dazed: sorry for the late reply. the da feng cao is the same as what april1 paid for, $2.50 / pack. Each pack has 8 sachets. I was told each pack can be used for 2 x baths.

dazed: I'm going to get playpen mattress too. is your measurement somewhere around 37X26? Seems like playpens have several measurements.

Hi mercs, thanks i called ICA just now and they also said registration is very fast just go down to counter. Will prob did it within this week.

About the Mumbai victim, I was very sad when watched CNA and they reported she was killed. Even more sad that she is so young 2 years younger than me, married life just begun - felt emotional wanted to cry...was telling baby we must pray for this jie jie.

Was telling hubby why is it usually all this crazy things happen at year end? People turn mad at this time? See Mumbai & Thailand...and every time Christmas we then have reason to pray for world peace. New Year resolution - promote world peace...

Date - 13 Dec 08 (Sat)
Venue - IMM
Time - 11am
Cuisine - yet to be decided (mayb cafe cartel?)

1.Ange
2.Suika
3.Blessedmum
4.Piyobaby
5. Ni

confinement....mi getting blurz abt so many diff type of dates - blue, black, red and now still got unpolished rice / brown rice...phews!

aussino fitted sheet - only ni & cheekygal so far...will be buying tomoro..

Hello MTBs, I work near IBP so quite familiar with the place...The J&J sale @ Atrium is located near the round-a-bout with huge fountain, Building about 2 stories high, should be easy to spot, cus the words on the building is quite visible...I plan to go tomorrow..will try to update prices (if I can remember)...

Chere, congrats!! Enjoy motherhood..soon it will be our turn to pop...

I will be 34 weeks this week....I feel so excited and daunting at the same time..duno what to expect in the coming weeks..duno when contractions will start..abit gan cheong and feel that life will soon never be the same again...any first time mummy feel the same too?

Pinkie, yah its sad that this kinda things happen, dunno what these people are thinking, killing the innocents..

Miaiko, when is your EDD? Should be quite near to mine..

I also haven pack my hospital bag, been procrastinating too..but have started washing baby's new clothes & towels..next to wash are the bedsheets..so many things to prepare for the arrival of our little one ! =)

piyo: ok, can i have the fitted sheet? color is blue, if no blue, yellow...thanks..
happy.gif

ni: can you collect the fitted sheet for me? i can go to your house and collect...thanks...
happy.gif

willting....sure no issue...=)

just to confirm...
ni - light blue / yellow
cheekygal - light blue only
blessedmum - light blue / yellow
willting - light blue / yellow

sperzz: you bought the blue dates is cheap...$4/kg...my mum said the blue dates is expensive, don remember how much she bought...asked her again...

sus: after u due, no longer have GD...if u scared, put less red dates and longan...just a bit of taste...

suika: the IC application should have an expiry date, i remember mine have put in the documents they sent to me mentioned expiry date...you can try to find your previous IC photos look presentable and the looks not so different...i used few years back photos, which is my favourite...

bluen16: mine is done at the ICA building too, very fast, can collect on the spot...

babystarlet: I ordered my glutinous rice wine from an auntie who know how to make the rice wine...i don know where is selling the rice wine...

Hi gals, how many bottles of rice wine do we need?

Chere: happy to hear from you and your bb are back home...remember to have more rest during confinement period, dun overwork yourself (taking care of bb)....take care...

yan ling, mine is about 41"x27" wor... i can't remember what is the dimension for the seahorse mattress, just know can fit...

dtb, then the one i bought is different lor, is 1 pack for 1 time use...

sperzz, piyo, suika:
i oni managed to buy 40 pkts of the da feng cao at RM1.30 each, sweep clean of the stock, hehe, so sperzz and piyo can have 20 each. me will get my mom to buy mine when she go in again. suika, sorry, me bought early morn liao, and also oos liao at the medical hall i went to.

sperzz, luckily managed to find 1 bra at the RM15 and right size. the jb store so different from kl one... they have another non-wired pattern at rm19.90 and rm25.

piyo, miaiko, the lace one nice! but not very padded lor. also limited size but manage to find what you wanted. 1 black for piyo and 1 pink for miaiko. rm25 each.

piyo, also bought the pigeon nappies liao. RM28. me bought anakku brand printed ones RM23.80 for myself.

dazed....thanks a zee for ur help and for going thru the trouble...so nice of u to sms mi...u joining us for the gathering on 13th? otherwise mi will arrange to pick up from u at ur place...thanks again!

Ange > e ginger wine from Eu yan sang very ex sia,abt $50 sia.

daddytobe> where u buy the da feng cao?that's cheap.
i ask ZTP medical shop,they selling 2 packets at $3,ex ex.

willting > think we need abt 3 bottles leh.how much u pay for a bottle?

dazed > can help me buy the da feng cao also when ur mum go malaysia again?
can help me buy 20 pkts also?

ladies > me got the admission letter from TMC liao.so sad to see is 4-bedded.i hope they gt free upgrades.but now worry that if they dun have 2 bedded by then if i wan to upgrade.

Back