(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Wow sam congrats!!!!!
You are blessed with so much baby dust lol.

Maybe you can consider to shop around for a bus to travel around with your kids next time hehe.

lol Merydith,
thanks ..

haiz. I would rather DIE than drive one of those things lor. so super ugly. And in case u din know .. those little minibuses type vehicles CANNOT enter most shopping malls cos they exceed the max ht limit of the car park ... how to go shopping like that ??!!! lol !!

Someone in my condo has an Alphard. Wa lau. so ugly. so big and clumsy looking. lol :p Sure can't speed in those things man.

Sam,

U can consider the Toyota Estima... I think it's almost the size of a bus? The malaysians with big family like to use that... ;p

Just register a company, buy a bus, then can try parking at the shopping mall loading/unloading bay or the big vehicles carpark keke.

Snowger,

Estima can seat one more than my Odyssey only. Not worth it.

Merydith, hahahah so ugly -- A BUS??!! LOL :p

LuthAdel, hehehehe!! :p

eh snow, not all big malaysian family like estima leh.. i itnk that car looks damn ugly! my family is big but we chose to go out in 2 cars rather than 1 big car.. :p
got $$ buy the merz or beemer mpv..super luxe looking or lexus oso can..dream car!

Sam,
Really??? hehe I dun know much abt MPVs cos they are too big for a small size me... ;p But i like driving them cos I will be "King" of the road. HAR HAR!

zachmummy,
It depends on preference lar. The new estima still looks ok. The old estima is like a rounder version of the van (agree it's awful).

I like the old Lexus RX300 which u can get by buying a toyota Harrier. :p Is that a SUV or MPV?

Snowger, zachmommy ..

sigh .. ya, I'm ok with my Odyssey. I don't like the Wish and the Estima. Or the Picnic. ugh.

RX300 is a SUV. I like the BMW X5, Volvo XC90 .. erm what else ... lol.My friend just bought a BMWX6 .. it's HUGE. but a regular 5 seater SUV .. just freaking 3.3litre i think. *faints*

Kris

Congrats!!!

I like the RX300, its big but not huge like the XC or Toyota Outlander but still a 5 seater. The only nice 7 seater that I love is the XC but I hear that it is a problem getting into old buildings where the car park entrances and ramps are really tight. Also tends to get rear ended quite a lot by tail gaters when stuck in bad traffic!

wah all talking about cars. lol.. my dream car is the Audi Q7. It's a huge SUV, so I can tower over all the other drivers on the road! hehe...

Echo, hahaha yes, the Q7 is a gorgeous SUV too!! I was driving behind my friend's Q7 (otw down the United Sq cp) and feeling envious. Very envious. Lol :p

Sam,
nowadays I really like the X5... And XC90 is an all-time favourite......

I prefer SUVs to MPVs .. I get a feeling that I am driving a bus when I am driving a mpv leh...

Your car is a 7 seater? Next time go out how? Better ask hb to buy you another car...

haha..all tokking abt cars..tink if got 2 kids + 1maid, definitely need a 7 seater liao.. :p
SUV is more sporty type while MPV more 'uncle' type..haha.
if i drive zach alone, i dun mind buy benz bclass

Santorini,

bo pian lar. We long ago gave up driving a saloon. Now I am driving a Odyssey - my Odyssey is the version before the latest one so it still looks like a saloon height wise. I can't stand the Picnic or the Wish or the Alphard. those are really UGLY. And mine is in black so not so aunty. Now still can seat all of us .. even if have another baby cos my maid is really petite so she can go in the last row with my 2 middle girls.

anyway, seldom ALL of us in the vehicle at any one time .. maybe weekends. that's all. lol :p I don't want to buy ANOTHER car in Singapore lar. Liability only.

Today my hubby was looking at dunno what the hell online, then he asks me .... eh, do u want a fishing boat? I am sure he was kidding .. lol .. so i said, no, I want an XC90. Then he says, but you don't NEED an XC90 .. and I said, ya and YOU don't need a freaking boat!! For what? become a fisherman?!! lol.

Sam, my colleague oso wanna buy a boat..mabbe he is planning for retirement
happy.gif
can go fishing wif u during free time..haha. but if he gets a luxury boat, then go for it..haha

Sam,

yeah I also hate driving a saloon car...especially with a baby.....gotta keep bending over just to put her in the carseat...

I drive the b-class in italy...cos i like the fact that it is higher than most saloon cars...not too big...just nice for me and emma...and besides, it's cheaper than in singapore..hehe...

My hb wants to buy the Q5 or the A5 for my next car...cos he wants to drive it....A5 is a coupe..looks so nice but emma will have to climb into the back seat herself.......not practical...

I agree that a car is just a car and a liability...I cannot understand how in Singapore pple can pay close to $500k to buy a car....cannot run fast also....piangz...

Ooo all the car talk on a mommy forum!
happy.gif

I love all the sporty cars like the BM z-series BUT that dream goes outta window when i have a kiddo. Hahahaha.. Once you put in a car seat, you just cant get that 'forumula 1' feel liao. *chuckles*

At the moment, i am driving a Benz C-class, which with 1 carseat at the back, already dem small. But i am not giving my dream to get a coupe here (very cheap compared to SG! esp a 2nd hand one).. Will have to wait till i moved to the suburb though where there is more garage space. Staying in a city apartment comes with only 1 parking space
sad.gif

aurorin....

the SLK or the CLK? Oooooo....

A coupe is just not practical leh....where you gonna put Avery? If you have a second one? How to put 2 car seats in a coupe? How you gonna put the babies in the car seats?

I also would love to drive a coupe....but it's just not practical enough for me...unless it's a third car? but seriously, I would go for a vintage coupe anytime........not a modern one....

santorini:

Old SLK.. Ahah no OOoo factor. I call it old uncle car.. but good mileage and sturdy! I may get a bigger family car if have 2nd kid lor.. but i think can fit 2 carseat behind (max!) but no more space for 3rd kid or even a 3rd adult at the back liao. Hahaha

I meant for the coupe as a 2nd car. I will still keep one 'normal' car as family car lor. But coupe is JUST for me.. hahaha i can drive if i go work etc.. Its a vanity car.. no practical value one.. I dun spend money much.. haha but i have a weakness for fast cars and expensive holidays! :p

Santorini,

ya man. After living in the States for those 2 years and seeing the car prices there, it's just insane paying what we pay here.

My Dodge Grand Caravan there was only a few years old when we bought it and it's HUGER than the Estima here, and we paid USD12k only. wa lau!!

Santorini:

paiseh.. it's just a c-class classic. not SLK. i got it mixed up with my dad's car. :p

sam: cars in sg has become a luxury item already, prices all driven up by COEs. In Aus, pple dun change car like every 3-4 years like back home. I mean, i can get a 2nd hand 06 BM Z4 for like 70K! Okie la.. 2nd hand.. BUT its a Z4! hahaha okie.. one day.. one day i tell myself..

Sam:
U bet the price of the cars are insane over here!!! Can imagine that the cars are costing as much as it did during the "SDA" onward years... Wonder if the price will ever fall...

Any of you gals are having headache of having more than 1 kiddo with small HDB flats? I am already feeling the heat cos all my rooms at home are taken. If my in laws move in, i will have to clear out my study? *haiz*

snowger
your in laws moving in?

I tot you stay in a 5room flat...quite spacious and you had several spare rooms if I remember correctly.....

Snowger,

i used to stay in a 5rm flat with 3 bedrm. My sil and MIL stay with me. And i do not have a study rm. My common PC is in my living rm. When i have 1 kid he either sleep in my rm or my mil rm. But when my FIL decide to move in already we have to shift to a bigger hse.

End up i got a old type of EA with 4 bedrm and i actually partition my dinning rm and become a bedrm. so now i have 4 bedrm and 1 study rm. And that solve my problem. 4 bedrm for me and hubby, PIL, sil and kids rm and have a study rm as well.

Snowger

I stay in 4 rm only, so all 3 room taken up by us, PIL, BIL....
sad.gif

So poor BB has to sleep on a sofa bed which either in our room or PIL's. No space at all, but what to do........ sigh..... unless one day BIL move out n buy his own hse law

We dun even hv study room, hv a built-in study table in our bedroom n we use laptop instead.

Tara,
I dun have that many spare rooms... I stay in 5 rm... with 3 bedrooms... My ger currently takes one n my study takes one and we take one... so full house liao... Unless i move out the study (to let my PIL move in). Wont want them to share a room w my ger...

As for my PIL moving in... Tat's my hb's plan when I have a 2nd child... it will be easier cos my MIL can help me tend the child during my confinement... heh...

Jappooh,
Really shld have gotten an old EA which is huge... but din think abt rms n space b4 having kiddos... Hai... My house layout does not allow additional partition lor... -___-

xiaohwa,
Wah... ur house like v packed too! I more headache of wat to do with the stuff in the study if I were to clear it out!

Anyidea how much it is to rent those storage space?

Snowger

At least u only hv PIL, me still hv a BIL who not only use up one room, his things used up at least 1/3 of the storeroom liao.

Btw, if you really want a good confinement, my past experience is tt dun let your mil do it for u....cos end up not only i need take care bb day n night, end up i din really rest...
Cos Mil busy cooking/ washing day x, night x she said she wont take care bb for us as she need rest....
sad.gif

For us, we no choice la....... unless got ppl zi dong to move out ....hahaha

Snowger,
i was like your situation i used to have a 5rm hse and my kid dun have his own rm cos my SIL take 1 rm already. Like Xiaohwa 1/3 of the store are with my SIL stuff.

Last time we have the pc in the living rm all other things like books are in my wardrobe.

My old hse layout also does not allow me to have partition thats why when i look for 2nd hse we get something that can partition out a rm. But that rm is small lar.. So i still hope my SIL married off and my 2 kids can take over her rm and the current small kids rm can be of other purpose loh. Cos it really quite small for 2 kids. 1 kid is ok.

U knw i have 2 shoe rack in my study rm. My study rm is just beside the main door. My sil alone used up the whole rack cos she have over 20 pairs of shoe

Confinement:
agree with xiaohwa if wan to have good confinement dun get MIL to do it. U knw both my confinement is done by my MIL. I look after the baby myself from day till nite. She only help me to cook food and the food i take very simple one only 1 dish either fish or pork or chicken with seamee oil and ginger thats it.

xiaohwa,
I actually quite scared of clearing out a room cos my BIL is looking for a place to stay. Now he stay with my PIL and is unhappy. If he know my house got room, he sure wan to move in... then siao liao...

Jappooh,
From wat i learn from u, must start moving stuff out of the room to other rooms liao... *haiz*

Confinement Lady:
Ya... I can still get my previous CL to do but i think i will be driven up the wall by her AGAIN. She makes me mad cos she will keep nagging (it's my MIL's sister lor) abt doing a proper confinement...

Anyway my PIL will move in only aft CL leaves. Cos I do need an extra pair of hands when the CL leaves. My previous experience was quite horrid, cos I only eat once a day for almost 1 month (aft which I din use up all the confinement leave n instead went back to work. cannot take it lar). BB always cry n wants to be hug during lunch time n will only settle down at abt 4pm... by which will be close to dinner time, so I lost a lot of weight...

snowger,

oic.. for me my 2nd baby is quite a wasy baby when he is young. Drink milk and sleep. So other time i either be with my elder boy or pump milk.

My elder one have the same problem with your gal. He sleep very little as a baby. And sleep late at 2am hor.. Headache.. Till now he still sleep late at 11pm.

u knw my birthday wish yrly is hope my sil gte married soon..haha..

Jappooh

Me too....wish my BIL to get marry but hor, he no gf till now, so no hope la

But actually, single can buy a hse w parents de if they not yet 35... if 35 le can buy own self.

My bb also a wasy baby, till now she sleep at 1am at night cos mil alway allow her to sleep till 11+ or 12 noon in morning
This wk, i just start her on PG, n she can sleep at 9+pm liao cos she wake up 7+am for school
happy.gif

Snowger

Never ever let your BIL move in, cos once in, difficult to ask him get out la...
I also regret to be a good guy n allow ppl to stay w me.... now no choice liao
+ usually ppl only think for themselves de, they wont Zi Dong n move out themselves

jappooh & xiaohwa,
U can match make each other's BIL n SIL!!! ;p then they will MOVE out... haha

Anyway I agree tat if he move in confirm wont move out liao... Then we'll be stuck. anyway cannot cannot... I buay tahan him and his jokes... So no no no... ;p

tamms,

wow i like it.. hee..

xiaohwa,
even my SIL can buy hse herself when she reach that age i dun think she will buy lar.. Now she stay in my hse so comfortable lei. Wont move out one unless married loh

my hse dun hv so many ppl yet i stay in 5-room i oso feel cramp!cannot imagine so many ppl living under 1 roof, i will go crazy cos i cannot stand too many ppl in a small 'box'..so i kept telling hb we must really save $$$$ so that we can afford a penthouse but must be near where zach is going to school in future..but a hdb mansionette oso not bad..haha

Jappooh

Yalor, cos they dun need pay anything meh. I told hubby tt, by latest when BB gg Pri 1, BIL has to move out, else bb dun hv a proper room n area to study (even if bil not yet 35 by then)...

Image my hse so cramp, how to plan for 2nd one... Ask Baby sleep in living room meh

Talk about room space, I also have the same problem as japooh & xiaohwa
I wish my SIL get marry soon….the problem is I have 2-3 to go….
But, my hubby thinking is different lor…he don’t mind our kids sleep with us till they grown up…(me faint)…

zachmommy,
I WISH? haha not preggy la, where got so fast when we not hardworking leh.

Just doing general concensus and planning with hb... dun wan like the last time... nearly killed myself+bb in the process... haha... ;p

I like u lar only 3 pple niah (incl baby) and I feel the house like v small lor...

Xiaohwa,
Ur BIL can sleep in the living rm? Esp if the house is u + hb buy one... ;p

antzpls,
yr hubby is a "Rare" species... all my male colleagues dun like having kids sleeping with them. Seems like I'm the luckier one w/o PR BIL/SILs to content with at home... ;p

Back