(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi mummies,
Did you know that milk powder once open must finish with 20day more than 20days will not good.

Did any your jab hep A for your child?

paulyn
thanks for the info! so far have always been able to finish my 1.8kg tin within 20days. For mommies who can't, its a good idea to transfer the powder into glass jars for storage in the fridge

Phyl is in the current month's addition of Motherhood magazine...

Supermom! But the editor spelt her name wrongly... BLEAH...

zachmummy,
go flip flip the mag at 7 eleven lar... But it's abt Phyl's childbirth n beyond. So nice, and got phyl's family photo oso... :p haha...

We have a superstar Dec 08 mum!
happy.gif

gals, u all remember wat is the food that we must avoid when pregnant? besides cin cow n raw food..i cant recall at the moment. My bestie is preggy so she asking me..

zachmummy,
cin cow is Chin Chow huh... :p

Cannot eat certain types of cheese (due to bacteria). And also fish with high mecury content (i.e. King Mackarel, shark meat, etc). Try to limit caffine to 1 cup of coffee or tea a day.

Other stuff are just the old pple say one - i.e. cold drinks.

zachmummy
soft cheese like brie should avoid. normal cheddar cheese is okay. also avoid alcohol, soft serve ice cream (like Macs soft cone). these are what the doctors say.

what old people say are to avoid cooling stuff (in the early days) like barley, chin chow, cheng tng, cold drinks.

Echo u mean cannot eat soft serve? I rem eating lots of chocolate sundae leh... Why e doc day cannot?

E old pple got say cannot eat lots like sting Ray siting crab n even mutton! Well depends on how much u believe lor. No liang tehs.

snowger
if i recall correctly, i think it's because soft serve icecream machines breed listeria inside. but a lot of these things are just for precaution. even if you eat soft serve, drink alcohol or eat sashimi while you are pregnant, it is more likely that nothing will happen to you, than for something to happen.

Think with crabs/prawns, the general idea is to avoid bottom feeders because they tend to eat/filter waste material in the water. Foods like stingray, crabs, prawns, and shellfish fall into this category. I didn't really eat very much of these when I was pregnant, somehow the thought of eating crabs was very disgusting then, although I have always eaten them with gusto! I had a crab aversion (cockroach of the sea... argghhhh!!!!) but I continue to eat them now
happy.gif

I drank chin chow once in a while. The coffee shop aunties would tsk! tsk! at me (so irritating) also took cold drinks and ate fruit normally, with the exception of pineapple cos I do believe that the enzymes in pineapples would cause contractions when consumed in large quantities. Of course 1 or 2 pcs are ok lah

Echo,
REALLY!!! GEE! thanks for the info... Will warn my preggy friends next time... :p cos I thot it's just ice cream... :p

Tamms,
Haha... U are right abt the sewage portion. Which is why the old pple say it's "poisonous"... I did not eat crab cos I din like them very much in the first place. I did however take quite a bit of prawns. Din take shell cos of the Hep risk... I oso got take Chin Chow and same like u lor... kena stare n stare. When I add Mac Choc Sundae (my craving), got one auntie even came up and gave me a lecture!!!
sad.gif

hey ladies...

ask you ah. do you still forget things badly after giving birth still?? or short term memory.. till now im still having leh!! i can lost my ezy card when i last remember it was on my hand!! and this time i really lost it!! =( the last time i put it on the 7-11 booth and i ran back to look for it.. now.. duno where liao. T____T damn jialet. i cant even remember alot of things. do you gals like this? or is it just ME?! T____T thank god my dbs device just found by my maid.. but werid.. i find that bag for 3 TIMES.. and my maid found it at the same bag.. just 1 time.. haiz..

fabbie, when u r in a frantic mood, u cannot find anything even if it is right under ur nose..happens to me alot of times.

surprisingly, i m not that forgetful liao leh compared to a few mth after delivering. play more mind stimulating games on ur iphone to keep ur brains active etc..strategy game is good..

fabbie,
I think it is normal for us to be forgetful... esp when we dun put the heart to rem things. I rem being like tat for one period of time. I can be holding it in my hands and then aft tat it's not in my hands and I cannot rem where I put it. So land up looking high n low. tis esp bad aft I just gave birth.

Now ok liao. It's like regaining my RAM. So nowadays, when I hold on to something, I make it a point to register in my mind where I left it... :p

I have 3 ezlink cards and one is still missing. I hope someday it will pop out. Must be in one of those bags I used... *HAHA*

fabbie,my memory also very bad...some times is STM then sometimes its like deja vu...i forgot did i ask a question or not,or i think i ask but in fact i didnt.seems to be getting worse...

fabbie,

i was wondering abt the same thing 1 mth ago. I lost my driving license. Worse is.. i dunno when i lose it.. or where. Siao right? Sometimes i think cos now my brain too busy thinking abt other things like baby etc.. so not enuff RAM to register other 'not so impt' things. Ya.. i also have moments where i have things in my hand and next min, dunno where. Man.. i hate that!

yes yes aurorin
its very hard to think back leh.. im still thinking where the hell is my card still.. i remember after i scan my ezy card then black out.. duno what happen at the end liao. try to think again n again. still cannot.. damn sick one.. is like u lost ya memory sia.. haiz.. duno when will recover!! sighz anyway its not siao when u lost it.. cus im like that too! haha

Ivy now u give birth 2nd one is it worst than last time mah? ya memory already all machiam give ya kids liao.. lol

Kath, tat hello kitty nice nice. I thought of getting the flip cover for my iphone.. but thought its just very ex at the shop.. the one i saw is $69

Kath.. Nice nice.. But i got too many covers liao.. 2 pink 2 red 1 white and 1 blue.. Also got a hello kitty glitter on that i nv use..

fabbie,

me too memory is super bad. Sometime after i get of the bus i cant even recall did i tap my ezlink card before i got off..

now i have a small booklet with me to joint down important stuff from my kids.. If not i can just forget lei. Very jialut.

jappooh
wahhh use a small booklet somemore.. i use to do that. when i breast feed.. now no more.. haha damn mafan sia. lol

fabbie,

no choice cos i keep forgetting my elder boy school activites and event loh. so have to write down watever important from those letter he bring back or comm book.

ivy
u say like that. then people give birth to no3 even more jialet liao.. hahha

jappooh
is there anyway to improve our memory? i feel like im getting abit bai chi.. everything also blur... forget and topid like that. LOL

fabbie,
U can try memory exercises lor... :p i.e. can be in the form of games where u open the cards and try to match 2 together.
happy.gif

Nowadays, I will oso put my appts in a diary else I will surely forget one. Then land up the person msg me then I gotta call it off. :p

Hihi everyone...

It's been awhile since my last post...
Taking abt memory, mine also become poor le... Keep forgetting where did I put my stuff so end up searching high n low, n even ask my hb where did I keep those stuff... Last time only my hb ask me n i've never need to ask him one now the other way round... Worst thing is my hb even more forgetful than me so I always hav to find on my own lor... Jialat!

Jappooh,
nowadays I also tend to forget abt my boys activities n events so must always write it down in my iPhone if not got to wait until ppl call... Hehe

everyone talking about losing their memory.. i think it's normal as we become mummies, because got more things to worry about. my husband is even more forgetful and i always have to remind him to do things. and he didn't even have to carry a baby for 9 months wor! :p

but what snowger said is right, that it's about practice. i always play a lot of silly games on my ipod touch, so maybe that helps! also, writing down stuff helps a lot. i record all events or things to do on my online calendar, so that i don't miss anything out. got so many things to remember - for work, myself, husband, emma, home. writing it down is the only way to make sure i don't miss anything!

WHERE?! littlevictoria? i very high when i see FOX but wait.. for adults or kids? hehehe

Sian lar.. i today go reg N1 for ZY.. and guess what my 1st skool say usually need to wait 2-3yrs!! wah lau.. so long. meaning when 1 give birth i must reg for her liao lor.. sometimes i dun wan to be those kiasu parents also NO choice got push by them that i must learn to reg damn early! arghz hate that when i need to wait for 2-3yrs and now 1 yR!!! omg....

echo/Jess
my hub also very forgetful leh.. ever since zy is born.. i feel so jialet like that. is like i die.. he also die.. Hahahaha they dun HELP one lor! just like as if they give birth too! lol

fabbie,

wow my 1st skool need to wait for so long?

i am sending my younger one this sept. So last mth went to book a place at my elder cc cos only left 3 seats loh.

Hey everyone,

Yeah, my memory RAM started droppin since I was preggie with Jonas.. Then got worst after delivery... Amazingly, like Fabbie, my hubby also got more forgetful... when he isn't the one who lost all the nutrients for the brain...

But I think Snowger is right.. we need to stimulate our brain to get it optimal again.... Mummies are known to be powerful, to remember and know all things! When to eat this, What needs to bought, etc, etc...

jowin,

i am a MJ fan. But after give birth to 2nd one i seldom have time to play liao. When i only have my elder boy i still play once a wk. But now i think 6mths one. Maybe my memory become worse cos no more MJ session for me.. Ha..ha..

jowin, i oso using back my old flip cover cos zach likes to 'throw' my phone everywhere..so funny at this sight "both father and son lying on the bed playing wif their individual iphones. Hb playing strategy game, son playing wif Angry Birds..

Fab,
yalor need to wait for 2-3yrs so long? But I tell u sometimes these CC hor... They can tell u they r full at this moment then next moment they can tell u tat they still hav slot avail... So got to keep checking with them one sometimes...

Like recently I was hunting new CC for my elder boy n I mentioned tat I went kinderland YCK n was told they r full at all level esp for K1 which already hit e max of 25 students... Then yesterday I tried to call them again n this time they told me they got slot now... Heng I made effort to call them again, hehee...

But my1stskool at ur side so popular ar? The one near my place like not many kids in their playgroup, think less than 10 only, guess it's bcos they only hav full day session...

fabbie
I was always forgetful before but now I think I'm a lot worse... all my appts are stored in my phone now, otherwise I won't remember them at all!! It also doesn't help that I'm quite a messy person as well.

stayathomemum,
WELCOME! Don't think we're arranging for any bb playdates at the moment. The last time we tried, it was the weekend b4 cny and surprise surprise, everyone had to spring clean! I guess when we set the date that time, we didn't realise it was CNY week. hor ladies?

Back