(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Zachary got mild fever. Not sure if due to the jab or cos he hurt his toe on thursday n got blood clot. His toe actually bled on fri then swollen wif redness. Now waiting for the nail to drop off.
sad.gif
sigh. Dunno how he play till the toy drop on his toe

Iemik0,
Really uh. Kena rashes quite bad wor. Me still thinking to go down or not... :p Tmr last day rite?

zachmommy,
The toy so heavy?

Only bringing justin I think.
This year at taka baby fair I nv see gaia and johnsons baby,not sure is it I went there on 10th
So maybe they haven finish all the set up.

Hi mummies,

Anyone interested to take over my mamil step 3? 1.6kg tin (exp 2012) + 800g (exp Sep 2010) tin. Both unopened. Selling coz not suitable for my bb. Selling at $50. Collection at Sembawang or Woodlands. Thanks!

Yoz! Finally have time to login. Really peifu iemkio n ivy, can take care kids n studies at same time. I am gog to have my exam nxt wk n this 2 wks i was so drain off. Btw any1 gog to cutie tots fair nxt wk?

morning ladies
din hav a good nite slp ydae. kayson had fever n veri cranky. now hope tt its due to post-mmr + chickepox vaccine. funni ting is he kana fever on the 9th day when d usual is 5th-7th day. sianz.

bubblepearl
jiayou!! all my assignemnts i do laz min one. hehe. burn midnite oil. lucky no exams if not i sure gone case.

u mean expo bb fair? im gg!! =p

iemik0
My Pd said fever will usually set in 5-10 days after injection leh. hmmm well at least we know sure will have fever lor.

I'll have schedule Bryan's mmr jab after after 'cos my bosses going on Vacation and I'm required to be in at all time *Sian*

marilyn.. hayden & kayson weird kids.. wahahaha

enjoyed going out with u yesterday.. kekekkee.. jayzon so funny.. why he looking for hayden?

zachmum, ocean also did the same thing last week, but he actually lifted up a 1.8KG tin Similac with plastic bag and drop on his toe. Now there is 3mm blood clot and dun know when will it get recovered too...

zach still having fever..not sure if it is cos of his swollen infected toes or MMRV.
littlevic, 1.8kg is very heavy leh.. u din bring him to see a dr?? their toe is so tiny..better check.
if 1.8kg onie 3mm blood clot, then prob zach's is not cause by toy? cos that toy is definitely less than 1kg..how can it cause the toe to be as big as a fishball? Hahaha.. scared his bbsitter din tell me the truth..sigh

ocean didn't hv any fever.. yes that big tin really heavy, didn't bring him see dr, only apply the "zambuk", the green color cream.. the blood clot now is in maroon color, but won't go off lei. Ocean toe didn't swollen btw.. ehh.. must be very painful for zach lei..
sad.gif
if now u rub it will he feel pain pain? now i rub ocean he got no feeling...

morning mommies, anyone's babies drinking Nanpro 3, i got 1 tin, unopen to give away, expire 2011, can collect from sembawang..
pls PM me..

Luthadel,
same same. I oso need to bring N for the jab. Hb not in town next next wk. Quite scared to handle her w/o hb...

zachmommy,
u bring zach to see doc? Swollen like not good sign leh... Sometimes caretaker dare not tell the truth. Tat day a door closed and "kiap" my dotters toe. The toe bled and a bit of the flesh was like hanging out. My MIL quickly tell my hb before bringing her home, in case I found out then make a lot of noise. *haha*

littlevic,
I ouch for ocean. 1.8kg sure pain even for an adult like me...

luthadel
veri high chances hav fever coz body fighting wif d new antibodies. juz tt we alwaz advise 5-7th day. lolx.

phyl
haha. tt boi funni la. when we reach carpark, he shouted "hayden! wru?" we laffin non-stop. tink he likes to play wif hayden. hehe.

littlevic, he din let anyone touch his toe..even when he walk, he will not let his toe touch the floor. tat's y these few days he kept falling down when walking..keke..

snow, ltr bringing him to see PD. need to see if injection is required to reduce the swell or not..

kath.. buy a personal accident insurance. it can cover such things. it also covers hfmd and dengue too.. so its very applicable for kids. u go check out star shield or something like this. AIA i think

phyl, thanks for letting me noe..i asked my insurance agent, i din buy PA for him. onie hospitalisation. will check wif her on the next round..

if u see dr due to an accident can claim liao. kena mozzie/insect bite and need to see dr face also can claim.

i dun think PA cover hfmd etc leh.... if like tat, how insurance survive when it's such a high risk... PA is purely accidents. very minimal coverage..& it's usually a lump sum payout...so...

btw, any1's dr skip the mmr jab for ur kids? i took mine for his pd jab + hep A. dr didnt wan to jab pd + mmr together as she wan to monitor them separately. she say we r late for pd and it's more critical than mmr wor...gng back in 2 mths time for d follow up jab

vicki
are you referring to pneumococcal and MMR? my PD also recommended not to jab both at the same time, but said that we could choose which one we wanted to do first. I chose to do pneumococcal first then MMR later, because of the supposed side effects of MMR (i know that the link between the jab and autism is not proven but still, if can delay then delay).

Vicki,

MMR can come later too.

Any one knw that now Chicken pox is recommend to have 2 doses? Last time only 1 rite?

My PD told me MMR u take now then when kids is 7yrs old need to take again.

If take MMRV when kids go P1 dun need to take MMR jab already. Is that true?

So i am thinking wanted to bring my elder one for MMRV anot. Cos he have taken 1 MMR and 1 chicken pox when he is 1+. Dunno is the chicken pox still effective since now the pd say better to have 2 jab. Confuse.

phyl, wow i always tot PA only really for accident...such small cuts, mozzie bite didnt koe also can...sure not cheap the premium

viki, got insurance that covres HFMD....i cant rem which one..maybe GE? dun rem if ntuc got or not...

Wah lao... I din noe some vaccination is FOC leh... Haha shld I be cheapo and go polyclinic to jab the MMR huh? Any of you gals went polyclinic to get the free jab? I heard the nurses do the jab and can be quite horrid?

What type of vaccinations are given free to Singapore Citizens by the Polyclinics?
1. DTPa - 3in1 (Diphtheria + Tetanus + Acelluar Pertusiss)
2. MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella)
3. BCG (Tuberculosis)

Snowger,

i give my elder one HpB at polyclinic. THe nurse is very rough. So from then onwards i bring him to PD liao. So this young one we never go polyclinic again. THough we knw is free. The PD that i visit she jab very gentle loh. Wat to do i see the way how the nurse hold onto my boy i was like "Huh!! so like also can? Havent jab my elder one already cry till very jaolut liao"

Jappooh,
Thanks! Like that I rather bring her to PD too... :p dun wan her to have bad feelings towards immunisation since MMR won't be the last...

Immunisation:
MMRV - 1 dose (@ 15mths) + booster (either @18mths or 4-6 yrs)
MMR - 1 dose (@15mths) + booster (@7yrs)
V (chicken pox) - 1 dose, no booster? (@15mths)

Calling for Iemik0's help, so if take MMRV is total 2 dose then MMR and V seperate is total 3 to 4 dose?

all these immunisation thingy is really driving me crazy..so many.
3 mths later gotta send zach for some booster shot, dunno wat is it oso.. i tink is dpt?

zacchmommy,
I oso v confused... I know my ger is lacking MMR (or MMRV)and the P jab...

Then to make it EVEN more confusing, the websites and PDs have different recommendation on when to take the vaccine... :S

snowger
MMR + V will be 4 doses in total. V booster at 18mths.

zachmummy
at 18mths, they hav to take 5-in-1 booster.

i follow d schedule tt is recommended by my infectious dx dr. =p

ya, feel so painful for them....now u all tell me mmrv oso need 2 jabs in total ~faint~ d panic tat come with every injection (will he has fever/rashes?) aiyooo....

btw, i saw d bb fair ad tat's upcoming on 19-21Mar10 at sg expo has gaia booth

Fabbie,
Every baby diff reaction to jab... I hope N oso "soon soon" for the MMR/MMRV jab.
happy.gif

Iemik0,
thanks.
happy.gif
I want to let my ger taken V cos got other kids at home... Safer to take plus sending her to CC either this year or next...
happy.gif

Sorry Japooh, wrong info... keke..

Immunisation:
MMRV - 1 dose (@ 15mths) + booster (either @18mths or 4-6 yrs)
MMR - 1 dose (@15mths) + booster (@7yrs)
V (chicken pox) - 1 dose (@15mths) + booster (@18 mths)

xiaohwa,
I oso dun mind the PD to recommend. But some PD is everything oso wack one lar. Cos u jab once they earn once. So i rather see wat is mandatory, my ger's risk exposure and see if can take later lor...

hi sorry to interrupt
I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Prices nego. Thanks

Snowger
The last 2 x my gal go for jab, i too busy to take leave, so my hubby go w MIL...think he just sign as per recommended by PD....hahaha
Think i will try to go next x so tt can ask the PD myself.....hee

xiaohwa,
tat's the thing lor. My hb oso lidat one. My PD still ok lar, she will say u want to take? Not compulsory but good to take... Then my hb will go "huh". When I leave liao then I ask hb, he say "anything lor. If good then take lor." So if I ask him go, the doc say take 2 or 3 jabs tog, he sure ok one... :p

Jowinbaby,
Ask u something leh. Ur ger took Hep A right? Hep A is not mandatory hor? Any reason why u let her take?

Snowger..
No reason. Went PD for MMRV.. PD asked, i thought its good n let her take without research.

Like xiaohwa said, we listen to PD because they are professional .sometimes PD wanna earn tat extra $$ from us anot, i dun know. Just only blame myself for not doing any research n let her jab..

jowinbaby,
Ya, actually i oso swayed when my PD say take this and tat cos good mah. But I realised some are quite $ faced lor...

But Hep A jab is oso good cos apparently hep a can originate from food contaminated by sewage materials, etc. And hey Ash can eat "hum" and "lala"s... :p

i oso need to go take hep A jab liao cos the antibody is running low! i hv natural antibody against it but dr say will go low.

anyway, i realise the PD in Rivervale mall is very money minded..not to mention her charges r so much higher than the one zach is seeing now. most dr will always ask parents to let the child take alot of jabs for prevention. but i feel it is generally quite safe lar to take jab.

echo, if u read the papers abt 1 or 2 weeks ago, they alr threw out that claim linking mmr to autism and that dr that wrote the paper has been expelled. so no worries. if u delay the jab, it will be too near to their 18-mth booster jab.

Back