(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

hi all...
happy.gif

samantha-I heard when u got craving for meat more most prob its boy and when craving for veggies most prob is girl?? wonder how true???

Snowy-I think better to be safe than sorry wor.. I also abide by those 'rules' now...

millie-HEY u stayed punggol? me at SK also seeing Dr Woody.
happy.gif

jowinbaby-I glance thru the archives but not sure what happen, how u feeling now.. do take care yea??...

LuthAdel-glad that u can see ur bb heartbeat le, I hope I can see mine too!

mrsho-how come can't squat?..

mimi-shd be ok, when I went for my last checkup, bb was 5weeks only thus cannot see heartbeat too..

Phylicia-wonder if its too early to wear maternity clothings now? my pants,jeans although can button but can feel the bloatedness and tightness, sometimes need to unbutton to feel more comfy..

and... to other mummies whom I haven't got a chance to say hello to... HELLO....... hee.
happy.gif

hi jac
i dun have alot of gas these 2 days.. but b4 that i kept burping. i get easily hungry n easily full after i ate something.. tummy bloated n tight.

I realise, evening time, i tend to get hungry faster and nauseas

hi samantha
i saw ladies start to have cravings leh,, i had none.... infact, dun really like eating though i m hungry.. just eat bcos i m hungry.. only when i was on my trip.. i craved for grilled beef n walked streets to find them.. Back in SG, none...

Hi snowy
yes. i heard abt those pantang things also.. suppose the air-con man need to come n clean my air-con today. My mum insist i change the appt to a later date in may.. not now...

Suddenly seem alot of funny funny pantang things appear.. Such as " Chong Xi".. my colleague wedding soon and wonder if i can attend.

Hi LuthAdel,

I think the EDD always shift when you can see the baby clearer, but good thing is that you do not have to wait till dec now to see your baby pop out
happy.gif

I too have a lot of bloating too. My belly became so bloated, couldn't fit into my skirt too. I went to suntec to buy maternity bottoms and the salesgirl tot I am 3 months pregnant! lol

Hi Samantha,
Same! Same! Hate the site of vegetables lately and the smell of vinegar too. Wow 8kg is alot...If I can slim 8kg then I don't mind the nausea hee.
Lol, our poor HBs....I also crave for french fries and he had to walk to Mac to buy at night lol...He says he feel like he is doing mission work these few days.

Hi Jowinbaby,
For the wedding, you can ask your colleague if she/he and her/his parents are pantang. During my wedding, I even invited my pregnant friend to be at the reception counter
happy.gif

Hi Merydith
Yes, she is inviting me to be at her reception counter. Just nice her SIL pregnant too and her parents pantang her to attend her customary in the morning but allow her SIL to attend the wedding dinner. Perhaps it shd be ok for me to be at the dinner..
happy.gif
Lets ask her again..

hihi ladies

had my scan done its morning. can see faint flickering of baby's heartbeat on screen. dr say base on baby size, mayb due on 06/12 instead of 01/12. gotta wait another 3 wks for next scan. =)

good day ladies n little babies...

hi jowinbaby, for the "chong xi" thing then must inform the other person. only if the other person dun mind then can. but also ask your parents n PILs whether they allow not.

haha.. i feel very bloated after lunch till dinner. pants always unbotton.. i bought a belly band thing. havent use yet. its just pieces of elastic.. think will be less embarassing then leaving my pants unbuttoned.. =)

Phy, I also tot of buying the belly band. Let me knw if its useful ok.

No changing of bedsheet ah.. wat will happen if change? Also for reno, if house got reno, then hw ah?

hi 2ndbaby, when reno cannot be there lor.. knocking and painting all not good.. so if reno time u shouls not be there.. if drilling also dun be there.. all pantang only la..

its 32bucks for elastics.. after i buy a bit regret la.. but.. i try on monday liao tell you lor.. hehe..

Phy, I started my reno las mth (duno preg yet), till this mth stil haven complete. But I not staying there. M staying with my mum now. But at times I still go over to have a look cos hb not in Sg so no choice leh. But I tried to cut down on the no. of times to go over to check out liao.

U bot the band from the current BP? Actually wanna buy but still cant decide. Hehe

when go there and check they not knocking then should be ok ba. but when they painting your house you try not to go.. not pantang but coz the fumes bad for baby..

sorry.. what is BP? hehe..

Phy, its Bulk Purchase in the forum. Under mkt and exchange corner, there is a thread on Bulk Purchase. Hee.. tot u buy fr there.

hi Phylicia
Wats the band use for? i had several pants which is already very tight, fitted nicely, even b4 this pregnant. i wonder how long can i still fit them in.. haha.. from the way i keep munching on the food.. Hungry again..

I asked my mum, she din say anything but ask me to ask the bride.. If i ask my in laws, everything sure NO.. so dun need to ask better =P avoid trouble.. haha

oh.. i was thinking along the breast pump line.. oops.. hehe.. nope.. i bought it from moms r us.. erm.. can buy online at their webbie too..

i just open the package and see see.. but it seems to work best with normal buttons.. e.g. jeans.. not too bad la.. but still will need a longer top to cover.

it comes with 3 cloth panels.. black, white and blue.. and 4 elastics.. 2 for now when only cannot button.. then got 2 longer elastics when cannot zip.. and apparently can extend the short with long too..

i will try then let you girls noe if its worth buying.. see comfy not lor.. i think maternity pants will be more comfy.. but for now.. these elastics should do..

my appetite just pick up this week only.. last 2 wks also nv eat well.. but i quite lucky.. no nausea.. yet.. i wish i had nausea.. so at least i'm reminded that i'm pregnant.. haha..

gals.. i just tried the belly band on my jeans.. erm.. not too good yet coz jeans not super tight fit yet.. cant use on some of my work pants cos the button is too big and also its got 2 buttons one.. hmm..

May i know how does u all know how old is the fetus inside? Is base on the last date of your menses ended?

I missed my menses for 1mth+. My last mth menses ended on 16th. And now i used the ClearBlue pregnancy kit to test twice (seperate days), both showed positive.

So when must i start sourcing for a gyane or must i go to gp to confirm first?

I was advsed by the chinese doc (cos i sprain my leg) to go to gp to confirm in around 40 days later. But when i read the forum, seems like lots of ppl already started sourcing for gyane and do those scanning etc... now i'm confused...

go gynae.. i calculated for you.. your baby is 4wks 6days according to LMP. u are due 20 dec also based on LMP..

but if u go now.. gynae will say to come back 2wks later to scan baby..

sorry lavendery.. i saw wrongly.. i used 16 mar.. erm.. but that the last menses end date.. you remember when you last menses started?

sorrie.. 5wks 4day.. your EDD based on LMP is 15 Dec =)

they will ask you one.. but you will only get a more acurate EDD when they measure baby..

Congrats!

last menstural period.. you are most welcomed..

google "pregnancy calculator" or "due date calculator".. some sites even have ultrasound pics of how your baby should look like..hehe..

Phylicia-I also thot to get the belly band so can still wear current jeans/pants right?? useful ma? I din get that for my first preg but this time round seems I need else might need to wear maternity clothings liao wor...

hi mummies,

went to gynae yesterday and can see the sac and yolk. Now at 5weeks +. No heartbeat yet. Will be going for 2nd check-up 2 weeks later to see the heart beat.

Hi enne.. i think the band thing depends on the type of pants you have ba. its a simple elastic with 2 buttons and 1 slit. like i said in my previous note.. the pants have to be straigt forward one. my work pants some have 2 buttons or big buttons then cannot use liao.. actually.. i wont really recommend it.. and when you go to moms r us.. you cant see whats in the package coz its sealed..

after trying with my pants collection.. only can use with 2 pants and 1 jeans and 2 denim skirts..

you din keep your maternity wear from your last pregnancy?

ladies.. very frustrating. When i thought that i shd be recovering from the discharge. ( I had a jab and med from gynae since thurs) All went well with no more brown discharge.. Suddenly, when i wiped after big business, the brown discharge back again. I am already bed rest since thurs.. lie until backache.

Perhaps i squeezed too hard when i m doing big business? Had constipation for 2 days...

sad.gif

Hi Jowinbaby,
Just to share my experience. I personally felt very stressed and scared when I had spotting and it didn't go away after the hormone pills. Everytime I go toilet will stare hard at the pantyliner or after wiping with tissue, will stare hard hard to see the colour. This got so bad, one night I broke out in cold sweat, I became weak and my spotting worsen. This week I am trying something else - "relax", dun get worked up or worried each time u see the spotting.
happy.gif
I know it is hard, but I think stress and fear will make things worse. So stay Happy & positive ok?

Another thing I want to share with all MTBs:
I just went to Eu Yang Sang - I was told we should all avoid "liang" stuff for the first trimester - including green tea, some type of banana (u can ask ur MIL/parents, they should know), water melon, etc. And of course, no more ice-cold drinks. This can help prevent cramps. :p

Hi Snowy
thanks.. i will try my best..
happy.gif

watching tv serial, shifting attention.. =P Monday going back to work already. Hope it gets well.. can't afford to MC too long..

hi jowinbaby,

i had spotting on and off also. it scared me off.
I find that bed-rest helps (no sitting). it has reduced the occurance greatly.

anyone has severe backache in the middle of the night? how to solve it?

jowinbaby, dun worrie too much.. if doesnt get better then tmr see ur gynae again.. this type of MC cannot dun take one.. rest well oh..

snowy.. haha.. i was told no "liang" foods also.. so i eat only "heaty" things.. then now i having sore throat..

this morning i discovered i'm having a little bit of virginal infection.. got alot of discharge n its itchy.. tmr will see doc.. read in my books that its normal due to the hormones.. sigh.. very uncomfortable..

hi dolphin
Yeah. i had alot of bedrest.. even now.. 3/4 lie down.. lie down totally.. i get headache easily..

I did had backache too. tried on n off putting a small pillow behind my back... but cannot put too long as i try to lie straight bcos of ths spottings.. Ma Fan hor..=P

Hi Phylicia
Yeah.. will show face in office if possible.. i m seeing gynae on wed. For the infection, gynae told me its quite common as pregnancy bound to have discharge regardless more n less.. he asked me try not to wear tight pants but skirts
more airy..

hi jowinbaby,

agree on the 'ma-fan'.. we have to bear with it till its over.

let's list out what one can do during bed-rest.. i am running out of activities
- reading
- listen to music
- write diary...

maybe others in the forum have more creative ideas..

phylicia,
The doc can help u with this.previously, they give me something to insert to get it clear up.
drink lots of water and keep that area airly and dry..

haha!!
- reading
- listen to music
- write diary...
- surf net n chat using lappy
- watch tv

ya.. got to bear it over...
happy.gif

Jia you

Hi everyone...

I'm new to this forum!
happy.gif
Just found out last weekend that i was expecting...had gone for my 1st gynae checkup 2 days ago. I'm currently 6 wk 4 days preggers!

This is my 1st pregnancy & the EDD is 10 Dec 2008. My gynae is Dr Chia Yee Tien...right now, i live in AMK.
happy.gif

Hope to get to know all MTBs here better!

Hi Corrine, sore breast means its SORE.. so sore that walking up and down the stairs hurts. sleeping and turning hurts and also very very tender to touch.. think sore breast is my main pregnancy symptom..

hi dolphine, i always get yeast infection.. so quite use to it.. but haven have the time to go see doc to get the pessary.. maybe later after meeting. Thanks

Jowinbaby,

I also always have brown discharge after doing my big business. Although i already have a jab and taking 'An Tai' pills daily. Now i got phobia going to toilet to do business...

hi mummies,
I'm from Feb 2008 thread.
I've the following to sell:

(1) Chinese Herbs for bathing (Da Feng Cao/Da Feng Ai) - 29 packets. $0.70 per packet paper packaging removed for easy storage
(2) BN Medela PureLan 100 nipple cream, 37 grams - $13
(3) BN Pigeon Milkbag, 20 pcs - $13
(4) BN Lansinoh Milkbag, 25 pcs - $11

Pls PM me or email to {[email protected]} for fast deal.
Thanks.

paulyn, i puked after my bus ride to work today.. got a yeast infection, a sore throat and very sore breast too.. jia you oh.. :0)

paulyn, yeast infection is vaginal infection.. erm.. it makes my little sister itchy, red and there is tofu like discharge.. very uncomfortable.. its probably due to my increase in CM..

morning mummies to be! ^_^ Paulyn me too man.. Yday woke up like 3 times to go toilet =S and after that i can't even sleep. i keep tossing n tossing around my bed as tummy keep jiao-ing =( feel so tired now. Haiz.

These days my appetite seems to be good! eating quite alot. do you gals? Hmmm

another thing i keep looking at my tummy telling myself when would my tummy be bigger??? hahah only i eat things nor drink water my tummy bloated. but other than that. WHy my tummy is still not bigger! I still can wear my jeans. hehe anyone still wearing jeans? Do you gals started to have backaches? and neck strains?

Yippe next week is my 2nd time to see dr adrian excitied man! and i left 4 more weeks(1month) for my baby to be stable. prays...

Oh abt pantang they said never touch painting stuffs(cus baby come out will got one patch) or cut anything on your bed. (they say will poke your baby)

LuthAdel so when is your next check up?

hi fabbie.. i'm a bit ba ba type.. not super skinny type.. so i very bloated at my tummy area.. i wouldnt say i'm showing.. but its just got tummy lor.. din have b4 pregnancy.. i can fit into most of my work pants.. jeans still ok.. but gotta unbutton after meals.. i probably have backaches coz my breast is very heavy n full..

Paulyn, i'm seeing baby on thurs.. cant wait!!

Morning ladies,

I'm so tired today and i've been lying on my couch over the weekend! The bloating is getting worst and so is my hunger!

Somehow, I craved for vegemite/marmite on Sunday as I really don't have appetite for anything and my poor HB has to go round looking for Marmite! Thereafter, I had porridge with it and my strenght just bounced back. So I carrrid marmite to work today
happy.gif

Fabbie,
My next checkup is on 30Apr. Hey did any of your gynae pass you stacks of papers to read about the various test?? My did and asked me to bring those leaflets along for my next visit. So scarly to think of all those test!!!

Back