(2008/11) November 2008

Lilian,
thanks! EDD is 22 April. =)

3Jems,
i am planning to go to the Titanic exhibition in Dec when I have a short break from work. believe it or not, i watched e movie like more than 7 times!hahaha...

thanks for your well wishes. ^.^

Haru,

hahha... me also... watched the Titanic several times. Always end up crying. I was a titanic 'fan' even b4 the movie. I even bot several books documenting all things about the titanic. Really interesting to read and learn how even b4 the Titanic set sail, there were already signs the ship was doomed. Now got chance to see the relics up close. Really surreal feeling. Somemore most of the stuffs in such excellent condition, you cannot believe they laid at the bottom of the ocean for 100-years.

ah lian
yes my sis 1st child.
happy.gif

its really HOT dragon year. at 4-5 pple i know are giving birth next year!
think my auntie or her mil shd be helping my sis with confinement.
u thinking of sending yr #2 to infant care ah?

Hi mummies!! Haven't pop in for a long time...
So glad to hear good news here. Congrats haru n ah lian!
I popped on 27th last month, doing confinement now so quite eng...

Lilian,
I got a maid now cos can't handle 2 kids n housework at the same time. Rachelle can be a handful at night n though she loves her sis she get jealous n become whiny quite frequently.. Real Headache when it happens. So glad she's at the child care centre in the day so I can spend some time with bb Reanne.

babybazel: i also cannot manage my no 1 super sticky, jealous and whiney like almost half the time! Go school 3-4 hrs also not enuff time to myself! Sigh...how to get a life ar..? Feel so no life, fetching kids, dun even have time to go supermarket shopping..anyone has lobang to buy meats and vegetables thru phone or online..? I really having hard time finding time to buy things..

Lilian: gong xi...dragon baby def hot and i believe a lot of babies next yr in Spore..?

Morning
Dragon still so hot horoscope! Why!?

ah Jes, no le, not intending to send to infant care, unless my mum not willing to help me. I jus happen to see the news report on IFC.

babyzel, #1 sure will jealous de lor. I think i need to do more work on preparing #1 bef i deliver.

soho, try NTUC or cold storage ?

Congrats Haru!

Babyzel, soho: Yup definitely can empathise on #1 getting all whiny -_" my boy also gets super sticky at times esp when he wants to play with me but I need to carry mei mei and he would act up. But sometimes he would sayang and kiss mei mei haha..these are the sweet moments to keep us sane rite
happy.gif

Soho: Cold storage delivers if u buy in bulk - can consider. My boy also 3 hrs preschool so sometimes when my mum need to do stuff, I also can go crazy handling 2 kids by myself whole day! But when he is not around, it is like peace time and I can do my cooking! But still need some 'me-time' if you can lor. Feel that is very impt!

Lian: I prep G immediately once i knew I was preggie! Bought storybooks with baby (mine is Topsy and Tim -New Baby) and read to him every night!
happy.gif

Soho,
Nobody else can help you? Online shopping for perishable products like quite difficult to buy so much in bulk.

Lian/glad gal,
Yup prep #1 for the arrival of another sibling is impt. I brought R for one of the gynae visit for her to witness the ultrasound scan of mei mei. During our conversation I will tell her I need her help to carry,feed or change mei mei. Whether she's going to help me with that...at times I tell her mei mei love her n she kisses my tummy. So from then on its always such talk till I deliver mei mei. Then prepare a present for #1 when u bring bb home. All the best lilian.

Hi mummies! me back. still blur from not enough sleep.

Congrats Haru! no wonder u been eating so much last month at nanxiang
happy.gif

seems the mummies here like auspicious years eh? haven't heard anybody planning for a snake yet otherwise will be one cycle after my kai.

ah glad_gal: ah, u can lend the book to ah lian now
happy.gif

ah jes: ur turn already lah, mai tu liao.

ah bbzel: hallo! ur baby is beautiful.

hallo darlest! r u still in USA?

ah 3jems: how's ur beautiful babes? i think i'm going to drop higher chinese for kai next year. otherwise my mum will complain non stop tt he is spending too much time on it.

ah soho: actually hor, since u drive, may not be a bad idea to bring the kids out to supermarket. i know it's a bit tiring but it also helps to tired them out. my kids love going to the supermarket. especially fairprice at nex, it has those cars cum trolley, they really love it. especially since ur time is more flexible, u can go on weekdays when not so crowded.

Soho,
I know that NTUC & Cold Storage does home delivery...but I not sure if that applies for perishable items. You call them and check bah.

Lilian,
I did same thing as babyzel. I also will tell my older gals that bb in tummy loves them... that she wanna come out so can play with them, etc. Then when baby is born, I make them do simple things like choose clothes for baby to wear (even if it is mis-matched), help me pack baby bag, etc. But I'm lucky cos right from the start, none of my gals ever felt jealous of baby - be it when I was preggie with #2 or #3.
biggrin.gif

Olwen,
Wow! Kai is taking higher chinese? My girls can't even cope with the normal chinese class. Everday cry and refuse to do chinese homework. *faintz*
Now exams are over... so they are over the moon. Now playing the iPad and watching TV everyday. hahahah

hahaha.. olwen is right. Ah Jes, it's your turn

babyzel, K also saw one ultrasound scan of #2. But she blur blur one, she doesnt understand that fellow on the screen in black n white is a bb lor

Olwen,
Thank you. Hope your kiddos are all doing well.

Lilian,
Haha is it? Bring her to your gynae visits a few more times n she will understand.

R is getting naughtier as the day goes by.. Starting to crave for more attention from us when we carry mei mei... Foresee the days ahead are getting tougher. Hope this jealousy period will end soon.

Glad gal,
Your situation getting better? Is greg still jealous of u n hb spending time with bb joy?

thanks mommies for the well wishes.

both hubby and i are the ones feeling a lil emotional about H getting a sibling as we know that it will be a huge adjustement for her. She has been getting all the attention, etc for 3 years and I can only imagine that to share e attention will be a challenge for her. She has been a real sweetheart though, saying goodnight to baby in my tummy, and when I asked what she would do if baby is crying and mommy is busy. She took her guitar and said she would start singing to baby "baby, don't cry. Mama is coming...". She is a funny girl.

Babyzel,
have a good rest during ur confinement. I will be doing my confinement w/o a CL. Will only get my part-time cleaner to come in more often and hubby will prob take a month off work.

glad_gal,
G looks like a really loving big brother. =)

Hi Mummies,

Cold storage sells meats online but super ex...compared them with market prices like double..

olwen: i LOVE supermarket shoppping but sometimes kids in tow really hard to carry things and shop properly. Nowadays really grab and go.

Olwen: Wow..K taking higher chinese?! That sounds so difficult. Already forsee G would have trouble in Mandarin. Waiting for vacancy at Berries to start next year.

Lian: Haa she see a few more times then she probably would get it!!

Babyzel: Yes he is slightly better, so I think R would improve too! But there would always be 'bad days' when the #1 would just act up. Think the craving for attention would always be there...like a few days ago, he also want me to carry him when he see me carry mei mei. Very manja! That's why I told hb that we would have to stop at 2 kids, coz there are just 2 of us!! Hb would attend to G, while I attend to mei mei when both fuss at same time!

Haru: Tks..sometimes he is loving, but sometimes will poke mei mei..aiyoh! But your gal so sweet to say such words!
happy.gif

Soho: I love supermarket shopping too! But yeah with kids, very hard to browse thru properly. If I get a chance to go out alone, would just do my grocery shopping, or with just 1 kid in tow.

Haru,
Thanks. If u do without a CL, who's cooking for you? Or you ordering tingkat? Meanwhile enjoy your pregnancy n rest well.

Glad gal,
Yeah, I hope R will get better as time passes but the craving for attention will always be there.

R has been traumatized by 1 pooping experience where she passed out really big n hard stool that caused some bleeding n now she dare not poop on the toilet bowl or potty. Instead she asks to put on diapers n she will hide here n there, cross her legs n strain n cries to pass out her stool. What can I do to help her over this? I'm trying to bribe her with food treats to sit on potty but fails. Now I give her stool softener to make her poop easier n painless then slowly try to coax her in using potty. Hope she get over this stage soon.

Soho,
Thanks! My massage lady suggest giving her gripe water. When I gave her stool softener she was able to poo poo daily. Now I stop stool softener n gave gripe water, so far poo alternate days.. Haiz but she still scare of pooping.

hello ladies

how's everyone?
happy.gif

Congrats to Haru & babyzel! wow really got a lot of 2nd time mummies here.
think few of us become minority liao, hahaha

BUT...
lian and olwen
wont be my turn, haha. i skip skip skip. who's next?? seriously as my ah lau dun wanna too, so quite confirm close shop liao...

ah Jes
don't close shop lah... V wants a sibling
happy.gif

Whats t reason your hub don't want huh? A lot of men scared to commit t time n energy. Is he too? or he prefers to give t best to one child?

ah 3jems: wah iPad! i'm looking forward to mine
biggrin.gif

seriously, Higher Chinese is no joke. i guess u were from a mission school too, right? i was from a convent & we r only good in english, not in chinese. my husband was from MSHS, tt's y kai is there. in the end, he still made the decision - kai to do higher chinese next year
sad.gif
despite the school's strong recommendation not to.

ah BBzel: all your "investments" in R1's wardrobe now can put to good use again, kekeke
happy.gif

ah soho: if u live near to a fairprice xtra, they have those funny buggies for the kids to sit in. very very fun. put her in there & the babies can sit on the pram.

ah glad_gal: wah, berries also got waiting list??? that's it, i will sign my kids up for tien hsia instead.

ah jes: don't close lah. V will be so lonely
sad.gif

ah duckie: don't bluff, u r the 3rd time mummy izzit?

wonder if ah nut & nini r back from china?

saw Jo's FB photos with L in oz. wa-sei. & my poor kids never even been to sentosa. oops, except R going to batam, that is.

think i saw anor mummy having a tummy in her FB photo but i think i let her announce herself.

babyzel,
yup, most likely getting the confinement tinkat.

try kiwi fruits, papaya, yogurt...my girl loves kiwis and yogurt and so far her bowel has been pretty consistent. just can't get her to love her veggies!

ah Wen, why your hubby wants kai to continue with higher chinese? He must have seen t advantage in doing so right?
Who else with tummy? U mean t mummy who helped us took nice photographs during the 1YO bash?

ah BBzel, agree with ah Wen! All your investments put to good use!

Duckie, u 3rd time mummy ah?

Thanks mummies on your advice! I tried giving gripe water, yogurt, Yakut, prune juice but realize the most effective on Rachelle is actually rose hip syrup. Mil got it from medical hall. Actually can get at guardian too. Working well on her so far.

Jes,
Your hb may change his mind in near future? My hb initially also dun want no2 but I talk n talk till he relent n he's so happy bonding with the newborn now.

Olwen,lilian:
My "investments" are all over the place now cos I passed some over to my youngest sister last year n some to my sil last mar. I got back from them n passed some to my 3rd sister who is due in dec. I only got some left. Some have gone missing cos my sil only returned me lesser than what I passed to her. But I will surely still buy new pieces for Reanne else not very fair to her. Keke.

Helloz everyone!

I'm confident I will not have a 2nd child. My two nieces are staying with us (at in-laws place) now and 1/2 hour is more than enuff to drive mi crazy! I have to scold them everyday!

olwen, dun need to envy mi cos my parents sponsored us for the Aussie family trip with them.

Hi All,

Got another lobang for survey on both pasteurized (the fridge type) and the Long life Milk (the one can be put on shelf).
Date : 26th, 29th or 30th Nov.
Time : 11.30-1.30pm or 2.30-4.30pm or 6-8pm .
Incentive: S$80.00 for both group.
Require group :-
Females age 30-45yrs with kids age 4-10 or/and 11-16 yrs old, working or Housewife. All races needed.
Students (Mix gender) age 18-24yrs in Poly or University now.
Interest, pls sms your Name, Age, Edu level, Occupation to my hp at 97640028 Sally. Thanks

Olwen: I loveeee fairprice xtra. And extra always super crowded and ppl q-ing with loads of items. Do u have time on hand to slowly shop at supermarket nowadays? My MIL always ask me to choose veg, etc carefully like look, smell, touch, pluck, hiyah, where got time to do all these..i will just pick and go.

babybazel: thanks for sharing on rose hip syrup, will also keep in mind!

HFMD

My kiddo school got 2 cases last week and 1 case today! I should not send my girl to school this week to be safe rite? So scary!

ah Jo, how come your nieces (-in-law?) stay with u? Their parents leh? More kids at home definitely means more chaos. But hor, own children different lor, u will still love your own no matter what
happy.gif

ah BBzel, i also had to talk n talk before my hub finally agree to go for 2nd one. I even threatened him leh, i said i confirm close shop when i reach 35 :p

soho, ermm... since u have 2 young bbs at home, i think its better to keep your gal at home first. Stomach flu is still going ard too. Be careful mummies!

ah Wen, clearing leave ah?

Where is dear Jes?

Morning Mommies.

Olwen,
Oh dear. But if Kai is not coping well with Higher Chinese, no point pushing right? Or could it be that Kai can do well in Higher Chinese, just that he is playful now? Thats why your hub wants him to continue?

Hahahah... I've been eyeing the iPad 2 ever since it came out. Then recently I set-up a flea market stall to sell off my unused stuffs. Surprising I made back nearly $500 profits. So faster use that $$$ and buy the iPad. *lolz*

Babyzel,
Your situation is opposite from mine. For my case, it's me that dun want to have more kiddos. But my hub keep bugging me till I relent. Now, I do have my 'crazy mommy' moments. But there are also loads of time when I feel "so worth it". Especially when I look into their big brown eyes. hahahaha
biggrin.gif

Lilian: Ya, thats why i also so worried, go back on Monday...is it too soon..? like that sch should refund us prorated fees! sigh...

Soho,

I took part in the Cross Roads Garage Sale held at the Cairhill Community Centre. This flea market is held only 2x a year.

hahahah... I sold lots of knick knacks like kitchen stuffs, naraya bags, card holders, picture frames, clothes for girls, tons of books, Hello Kitty collection, etc. Majority are still in packaging, just that buy already keep and keep in store room. I din know I was hoarding ssoo much stuffs. There was 4 big "zhao-lor" bags and 2 togoyo boxes. End of day I only left with 1 Togoyo box.

But even though my things are still in packaging, I still sell off very cheaply lor like $5, $10, $15. To me as long as I can get rid of the clutter and get back some $$ I happy liaoz. Din know end of day when I count, wah seh... got nearly $500. Damn happy siah.
happy.gif

3jems: that sounds fantastic, yesh i think we women tend to buy a lot of things we simply dun use..my husband always say i keep buying things i only need to use 4-5 yrs time..how u got lobang to sell there..?

Soho,
hahahah... so true. Every time got sale, I cannot resist. Sure will go look-see. In end buy things cos I tot will be good to use. But reach home, I put in the store and forget about it. *faintz* I got this lobang quite awhile back liaoz. I started with them when I had my online kids clothes biz. But I later realised that such flea marts only good if you wanna sell 'new' /'in-packaged' things cheaply. I already participated 3x liaoz.
happy.gif

Lilian,
I also surprised managed to earn so much. Din expect to earn much cos previous times only make about $300 or less. But guess this time, got more people plus they were keen in the stuffs I had to offload. A scenario of - being at the right place, at the right time, with the right stuffs. *lolz*
biggrin.gif

hello! at this hour!!

MIA for a while cos very very busy. can't believe im still in the office. super zombified liao. wow legal firms can't work lah, can kill.

olwen, lian & bbzel
u see at the rate im working crazy hrs, how to hv more kids?! hahaha
i dun know leh, but oso really no time and energy + old liao...

3jems
so clever leh, like tat oso can make so much $$!

hi mommies,
just went for my check up yesterday and confirm that we are having a boy for our #2. Altho we were hoping for another girl, we are still happy as a boy will mean a whole different experience for us! hahah..

ah Jes,
aiyo... work until so late??!!

ah haru, congrats
happy.gif

I went to gynae for a urgent chkup today cos of bleeding
sad.gif
He found a polyp which wasnt there before. Guess what? I have to bed rest from now on till end of year.

Cane: Hiaz..do anyone of you cane your kids. Me and hb seriously debating to get one. G is really getting out of hand
sad.gif
(

Olwen: Is Tien Hsia good? I heard is more 'academic' as compared to Berries. Must do some research.

3Jems: Wow, so good! Always gd to have extra cash hehe esp with Xmas coming :D I also have tons of unopen stuff in my storeroom, wonder if shld just sell off in this forum!

Haru: Congrats! Hee indeed is a different experience when you have 1 girl 1 boy!

Jes: Gosh..your work hrs sound crazy indeed...how to have work life balance like that?

Lian: Oh no..sorry to hear that. Need any op? Take it as a time to rest well then. Take care!

Jes,
Yup. Actually it is surprising at the amount of bargain hunters at such flea markets. They even come prepared with trolley bags and all. Guess 1 man's junk is indeed another man's treasure.

Glad,
Yup.. yup.. always good to have some extra spare cash to spend. Selling in this forum is more for those pre-loved mommy/baby stuffs. For other things, I find it less hassle to offload my stuffs at such flea marts.
happy.gif

Mummies,

Now the school suspected another HFMD case...dunno when is this gonna end..? Like that we need to pay sch fees? So unfair if we keep chaild at home, we shld not pay fees rite..?

hi lian!

im gd! enjoying with my 2 kids. thank u for the concern =)
im really glad & thank God tat i didnt go for abortion. Thank you the rest of the mummies here too for the advise. =)

im sorry to hear tat but when im preggy with no.1, i also hav 2 polyp but the gyane didnt sent me for bed rest. =(
in the meantime, pls take care of yourself k.

mummies, i need help here. our nov child will be going to preschool next year rite? i still duno which sch to enrol? any receommendation in sk/punggol? i stay in SK.

Hihi Mummies~!!

Been a year since i came in, been busy with the 2 kids, time flies~ Fel is 37mths while Jav is 22mths.. hope everyone have been fine =')

Back