(2008/11) November 2008

Good Morning!!

Thanks mummies, will take care
happy.gif

Fifi, now using HL. After HL finished, have to take unpaid leave lor unless boss let me work from home

Nuts, yes i think has to do with age leh... So, if u really considering #2, pls dun wait liao, its for the sake of bb's and your own health.
Yes ah... 2 more mths of bedrest sounds boring. But time flies faster when i stay home leh... Not so bad yet, and i do not have to really stay in bed lah. In reality, i also cannot stay bed whole day cos i got no maid to 服侍 me, still got hsewk to do lor

ah Soho, no medication lor, only more rests and prayers.

Zeal, interested in Left Right thingy?
Its like this.... If u want Girl, turn and stay on the Left after sex. Opposite for Boy
happy.gif

Btw, your #2 is girl or boy?

mummy zeal, trying for #3? this left-right thingy really sounds amazing. so far the few mummies(glad, liv, lian... who else?) who tried got the gender that they wanted!

ah lian, y do hsework? thought u shdn't do too manual work. ask hub to do lor. are u still using PT cleaner?

ah jes, hubby already got his hands full liao leh.. He takes care of K most of t time now.
No la, i don't wash t toilets or clean t windows lah... Just laundry and getting my irobots to work and cook my own lunch
happy.gif

Not using PT cleaner now.

good morning!

ah lian
ok, good to hear you are not exactly doing much, hehe. yr duty now is to rest and rest.
happy.gif

what will be yr plan when #2 arrives? will u be getting a maid?

ah jes
still considering abt maid. If possible i hope not to get.
Wondering where can i get those day-time maid (钟点) ? Anyone here knows?? Or anyone knows any local aunty who might b interested?

Hi Lilian,
Where do u stay..? I had one who cleaned for me before and her cleaning is superb but she quite picky about location.
She is China but citizen if i m not wrong..
I have maid now so no longer use her.

ah lian
think now 钟点 very hard to get, no demand also as most pple go for FT maids. why dun you try those PT helper see if anyone wants to do this kind of day time job? but suspect will be ex, as they normally charge by hour.

ah lian
ya lor, not worth to pay that kind of $$ for day time helper. maybe just get PT helper for hse cleaning lor. then order tingkat meals, then yr mum won't be so busy.

Morning all!
happy.gif

Zeal: Hee good luck!

How's everyone planning for CNY? So many things to do..cleaning and buy new clothes, and i want to bake! :p hope next week can take leave to do it..

glad_gal: Okie...bit sian. Dunno why ley, maybe bcos still BF-fing so go out feel quite inconvenient esp long hrs outside.

Bought cutlery, clothes already but never buy goodies...leave it to parents-in-law to buy..every yr i buy also end in dustbin..no one eat.

wow wat r u baking..? any nice recipe to share?

I am also bf and expressing. Hmm must think how to do it..

I tried pineapple tarts and peanut cookies for 1st time this year. Not bad :p Using the Happycall pan! Recipes provided in the Happycall group. If u want, can send you. Btw, are you in my FB..can add you
happy.gif

Hello Mummies,

How is everyone?

My Nat finally goes to school! I think she's the last kid in our thread to attend school. Thank God she adapted well. First day at school, she wave goodbye to me and ask me to go home. I was the emo one, hang around and peep at her. Now I hv 3-4 hours of me-time every morning, and I'm loving it!

Soho/glad_gal,
Wah, bfing still got energy to bake ah? I salute you! last time when I bf my girls, all I want is sleep whenever I can.

Lian,
How u doing? Be guai guai and rest ok. Do minimum during this period, the housework not important lah. You n K are blessed with such a hands-on hb/dad. Btw, how's little K doing? Now that #2 is coming, hv you thought of becoming a SAHM?

Jes,
your job sound very busy hor? But ok as long as u happy doing what you are doing, ya?

Mummies,
I'm looking for home based job. If anyone got lobang, do let me know.

I didn't hv time to go thru the posts, but Olwen/JJmom/kiki.....like all disappear liao
sad.gif

good morning
happy.gif

ah lian
hope things turn out well with you.
is K still attending 1/2 day CC? are you intending to change her to full day?

gladgal
the HCP really can do wonders! i haven't got round to buying it! where did you get yours from? Zel told me she bought from Gmarket which is cheaper.

alynat
long time to hear. good to have some me time, right? haha... what home based job are you looking for? haiz.. my job sian lah, just work for the sake of working lor.

alynat: yes 3-4 hr is so heavenly rite..can do some things at least..

gladgal: dunno how..to bring pump out or what man...sianz. during CNY.

is happycall pan gd..? the korean one on TV?

Good Morning!

aly_nat, ah jes,
K just switched to 3hr kindy program last wk and is still adapting to t new environment & routine.
SAHM? I've nvr really thought abt it... I prefer not to lah coz i rather i earn my own money and i know i m not t 'material' to stay home n look aft t hsehold, i will go crazy. But if there is a need to, or i kena axed, then bo bian lor :p
Aly_Nat, your little Nat is so independent! Even asked u to go home.
Ah Jes, my mum turned dwn t idea of tingkat
sad.gif
Old folks still prefers piping hot home-cooked food. aiyoh...

Alynat: Great your gal adjusted well!
happy.gif

Jes: I bought fr the spree in SMH.. Think gmarket cheaper but wasn't sure which seller reliable hehe

Soho: Guess we have to limit our outings! I plan to pump once in morn b4 go out and come back home ard 3pm. Not many places to visit luckily..

Lian: so your mum plans to cook? My mum also same.. She prefers to eat home coook food so she try to cook simple dishes now.

Glad_gal, how is your mum coping? Able to handle 2 children and cook as well?
Ya, my mum prefers to cook leh... N most days she has to cook for a family of 7! Hai.. i know its hard to convince her and also satisfy my dad's tastebud.

ah lian
old folks mostly like tat, they prefer to cook and they think tingkat meals are not as healthy (most MSG, salt etc.). is yr dad working? else can talk him into staying at home full time to play with grandkids too, hehe.
wow, cooking for 7 is alot leh.

gladgal
me too, dun know who to buy from. got a contact in FB selling too, more ex and need to self collect somemore, else hv to pay additional for courier. aiya

re: cc
y'day mil told me V's cc is undergoing a staff rotation. it sounded strange to me why they are doing. now the teachers swop classes on an alternate day basis - eg. mon & wed PG class, tue & thur N1 class etc. so now the kids are cared of by different teachers. and y'day V cried when she couldn't see her usual teacher. is it a norm for cc to practise rotation? frankly i wouldnt like it if the kids are not adapting well due to this.

I have some coupons for Gmarket expiring on 12 Jan 2012. $5 off $25 & $10 off $50. can use for HappyCall. If you want, pm me ur email. First come first served hor... and limited to only regulars of this thread so those non regulars who happen to chance across this thread, DON'T pm me.

Lian, so far so good. *cross fingers*
G also attending 3 hr kindy in morn, and 2 hrs pcf in afternoon. But my father is around to help fetch so that's why my mum focus mainly on J. And she is able to cook simple meals for dinner :p She prepares when J is sleeping.

But it gets noisy when G comes home from school, he always clamour for attention as well.

But at night and weekends, then quite tiring with 2 kids..

ah jes, my dad is manning his own biz so not possible to get his help.. n i can't support t hsehold financially! haha
glad_gal, I think it gets more tricky when t younger one gets mobile n need supervision.

hi mommies,
i am gonna enjoy this CNY feasting before #2 arrives. hee..

glad,
wow, i salute you. U still plan to bake even while u are bf-ing and with 2 kids! i have been wanting to order the HCP too!! looks so amazing. Planning to get one for my mom who always complains of the cleaning up after frying fish. =P

aly,
my girl also just started school last week. it went really well including the school bus ride. she was really happy to go on e bus and to school by herself. really proud of her. you are right, we mommies are the clingy and emo ones.hahah...

oh ya, does any of the mommies any other recommendation for confinement meals? I think there is Chillipadi now? Is that a new company?

Lian: Yeah true...but just take one step at a time till bb grows to be more mobile!

Haru: Ha..yeah bake while my enthusiasm can last me..but after that will die down hehe once CNY over. But the pan is indeed quite useful and very fun to try diff recipes!
Eh, Chilipadi is a peranakan caterer rite..not new..but not sure if it provides confinement food.

I saw rates for confinement food before like super expensive..?

Actually confinement food just add sesame oil, ginger and sometimes vinegar. Can use the confinement money to buy lots of good meat and ingredient. got maid can ask them cook too.

Haru, when are u due? Ya I agree sometimes it's us, the mums that are clingy ;) glad ur gal is adapting well to school
happy.gif

How much does the happy call pan cost at g market? v tempted to get one too!!

haru: u can explore Melrose cake house for confinement meals, never tried them but their full month goodies are superb.

soho,
we do not have a maid. My dad prepared the confinement food for me when i had #1, but he is currently recuperating from a surgery so I think I want him to tire himself out..thanks for e recommendation!

haru: so sweet of ur dad...must b a good cook!

JJMom: how come office ban..issit a lot of mothers in ur office going SMH forum..?lol

Hi Mummies,

For your kid who attend morning school, what does your kiddo eats before going to school?

Nat wakes up at 6.30 and takes 210ml of FM. Thereafter, she refuses any food, and leaves for school at 7.30. She also does not eat what is served at 9am by the school. I'm getting worried as I see her losing weight(already quite skinny).

She eats a big bowl of porridge when she comes back at 12.30. Can see she's VERY hungry. Any advice?

Aly Nat: Maybe 6.30-7+am too early too eat because not hungry. My girl eats at school at 9am and then lunch 1pm.

Maybe you can try biscuits or honey stars (without milk or with milk). Or if school allows, pack her fave snack, biscuits or sandwich.

aly_nat,
K wakes at 630am too and takes only 150ml FM. She will take a few munch of biscuit/ bread/ cereal at my mum's place before leaving t hse at 815am. School serves snacks at 10am. And yah, she usually arrive home VERY hungry too!
Since Nat just started school routine, maybe it will take a lil while before she start eating school's bkfst. After she observes what her friends r doing, probably she will follow soon
Or like what soho suggested, give her honeystars. Kids can't resist honeystars!

soho/lian,

thanks. Nat not picky with her food, but she doesn't hv a 'favorite' food either. Honey stars are fine, but she she would rather busy herself looking at other kids eating then putting food into her mouth lor. Jialat, this CNY sure all the relatives will ask is it I 'starve' my girl
sad.gif

Since this is the first time she goes to school, hopefully the 'novelty' of having so many friends wears off and she will start to take a interest in her food. Meanwhile, mummy here is so worried she might develop gastric due to insufficient food intake over 6 long hours
sad.gif

Nat, i think when its too early, kids don't have the appetitie to eat... My gal also like that, she needs at least 1/2 hr to get up for breakfast.. Very slow in the morning. She likes cereal and biscuits, if bread then must be nutella spread or butter (very unhealthy!) honey stars, Milo crunch, cococrunch all works. She drinks regular milk now, refusing FM. Dunno how to make her drink FM.....

Hi mummies!

My boy this year has upgraded from playgroup to nursery class.

However, this few days he has been telling me he don't want to go to school.

We checked with the school, and the form teacher replied that as this year they are learning more and less playtime, this could be the reason that my son is hesitant in going to school.

Any mummies had this problem too?

i agree with Lilian if your gal just started school she will need some time to adjust, soon in time she will follow what her classmates are doing and eating.

aly_nat, dun worry ... If Nat is really hungry i am sure she will take t bkfst in school.
K is super skinny too, nvr gain weight de

Karen, my K also changed her behaviour last Dec. I think during that period, many new kids come in. Many cryings and probably new parents hanging around. I asked t teachers if she changed classrm or form teachers, they said no.
Maybe u can asked your boy's teacher what had changed? I dun tink less playtime is t cause.

Lilian,
Yes, they shifted to next blk for class and his Chinese teacher also changed. Perhaps too much changes for my little boy.

Nat: Don't worry, think if she is hungry, she will eat, since you said she is not a picky eater. Maybe some girls are just very small eaters??

Btw, on weight, what is the weight of your 3yrs++ toddlers now??

Karen: Yeah, agree maybe your boy need time to adjust. Think change of teacher always the most impactful coz they were so used to their own teacher. My boy still ok with going to sch, but he seem to prefer his last yr's teacher, me too, coz she more caring :x

glad_gal: my girl is 14 kg..the weight has quite remained the same not much weight increase..maybe metabolic high.

Hello mummies.

HCP, am keen wor, but somehow my friend told me about the cleaning part abit concern, hmm...still holding back :p

Hugo had started his new school @ new CC Nursery 2 class, the 1st week keep crying, refused to sleep and morning sat at the sofa and told my helper,"I don't want to go!". Stood outside the school and refused to enter. after 2 weeks, he had adjusted and settled down more or less. Hope this will continues smoothly. If this is fine, I will be enrolling his sister in Apr pg.

I still somehow prefer his ex-CC @ Admiralty.

Back