(2008/11) November 2008

Renting toys:
I didn't know renting toys is popular in sg. I have heard of similar thing in australia but that one is a toys library so no cost involved.
Cos of HFMD, i didn't think motehrs here would like to rent toys.

But I love the concept very much. kids grow bored of toys so quickly and no point buying lots of them.

actually i'm thinking if we can do something like a toys library too....like perhaps we can pool them together and then exchange. haven't quite figure out the details and how to go about doing it....just an initial thought.

Fruche:
Yes lasinoh ones are ziploc ones. If got enuff pple want & can meet approx US$200 (incl my friend's orders which she say not much), I can order another batch.

Baby's Poo:
Mummies whose bbs on TBF (either latched or expressed), are ur bbs poo still soft soft, mustard-yellowish type?
Bcos my fren heard my bb's poo today.. and commented that how come her poo still soft when her kids at 3-4mths on breastmilk, the poo already forming to be more solid. Am worried if my gal on constant diarrhoea??!!

Yoyosan,
my bb is on TFM since she is 2mths+ old. she is now 3mths 2wks old and her poo poo still soft soft and mustard-yellowish type also leh..

mummies,
any TFM bb's poo poo still soft and mustard-yellowish type?

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">Good noon mummies !
happy.gif
</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">happywifey / Glad_gal</font>
Happybellies is an organic cereal.. I’ve got the links below to read =)
My PD advised better to start from 6mths, when baby have got a better digestive system to avoid allergies in the future wor..

Brown Rice – USD23.49 for every 6 tins
http://www.amazon.com/HAPPYBELLIES-Contains-Probiotics-Organic-Canisters/dp/B000YSTGGW

Oatmeal – USD23.49 for every 6 tins
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YSS7EO/?tag=%20associate%20IDshomebasedb0c4-20

Multigrain – USD23.49 for every 6 tins
http://www.amazon.com/HAPPYBELLIES-Multigrain-Contains-Probiotics-Canisters/dp/B000YSQ9GC

<font color="aa00aa">Fifi</font>
Thanks for the read up about the yao lan, very informative good to know!

<font color="aa00aa">Sunshinekid</font>
I haven got to really use the Balboa, but if u wanna try it with baby you can come to my place and test 1st with baby, see how baby takes to it before you purchase =)

<font color="aa00aa">Shopping</font>
Hehe, I just got some polo Ralph shirts for aden.

*copy and pastes, and runs away!*

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2140420.html?1234426574

<font color="aa00aa">alibaba</font>
I’ve got the FFY’s card as well, you need to get the parts for freestyle?

<font color="aa00aa">Yoyosan</font>
My baby’s 3mths and the poo poo is still mustard-yellowish colour, poos abt twice – thrice a day..

Alibaba: I hv the FFY card too.. if you want I can meet you in Paragon to go shopping? I wanna get some medela stuff from them too. Btw, you should try the mum's fairy funnel -- very good! You can lean back while expressing (with the medela ones, i hv to lean forward. so tiring!)

Kindergarden: I am so ashamed to admit this but I have become a kiasu parent! I went to register my 3 month old bb for pre-nursery at Nanyang Pri. There is a waitlist of 90 people already!!!

Babypoo: My bb poos 2-4 times a day and still runny-seedy-slimy mustard color stools leh

Happy: ooops.. ok i email the moderator!! thanks!

Sunshinekid: if you can wait till our next gathering, i can bring the balboa sling for you to try. I carried the bb for 1-2 hours in it and it is pretty comfy. very padded at the sholders. i also use it for bfeeding. My bb got used to it only after a while.. so i was using it as a bfeeding sling initially but she is better at it now. It is easy to use but some bb may not like it. Hope it helps!

amooks
gathering at Bukit Batok good. I stay here too. condo too. skali same hee.

fifi
can order two tubes of the toothpaste?

<font color="ff0066"> Pamela</font>,
Aiyohz... din get to try my bb in your balboa sling. Too busy trying to make up my mind on the Beco designs. heheheheh... *lol* My bb is now is the Beco sleeping away. Very glad I invested in this carrier.
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff0066"> Teeny Weeny</font>
ooohhhh.... so tempting. Cannot leh... must resist. Tink I need to go meditate for awhile. *uummpphh....* *tok-tok-tok*
biggrin.gif

<font color="ffoo66"> yoyosan</font>
Dun worry... BB's on TBF or EBM will have soft yellowish mustard poo. Only when they start on solids or they are on FM, then the poo will be more solid. My gal on TBF will poo 2x day (1-mega poo and 1x small poo) hehehhe..

<font color="ff0066"> Fruche</font>
Yup yup... we may have "met" each other before. *scratch head* You gave birth in Perth? Means you live there?

<font color="ff0066"> Happy</font>
For affordable n yummy cake... can try Four Leaves. Their strawberry shortcake berry nice. If you want those wz Cartoon / Hello Kitty / Seasame Street characters, can try Polar or Bengawan Solo - get those wz fresh cream instead of butter cream and add some mixed fruits in too. For expensive and truly yummy cakes... and you dun mind splurging... I would recommend The Pattisier. HTH's.

Glad..I brough 2nd hand Take along swing for $30 from the forum. Can use till 12kg.

Fifi Cereal..I will be giving EYS Si Sen Fen (Brown Rice) n Healthy Time. The rest like Gerber are very sweet.

Fifi..can get a tube of toothpaste for me? Do i need to transfer u now?

<font color="ff0066"> Karen, Amooks</font>
Looks like quite a few of us in the West area yah. I'm staying at a condo in CCK area. Berry near you babes. heheheheh...
biggrin.gif

TriAngel: Wow your bb is sure of a good weight! Hee your arms must be tired if you carry her!

Alibaba: Thks for the link! Hmm sounds like a gd offer, pay abit more than what I rent, I can own liao..sigh..if only saw it before I rented! :p

Teenyweeny: Thks for the info on the cereals! Hee may consider buying from BP then sometime down the road...

Vincy: Wow, you got it for soo cheap!

hi mummies,

how you coping with ur bb? already 2 mth plus but i still find no time to do other things except looking after bb n breastfeeding. my bb still need to be feed every 2 hr and still need feeding at 2am and 5am. i feel very tired, how to train bb sleep through the next morning? mummies can share your method?

has ur bb goes for 6-in-1 vaccination? polyclinic charge $326 while normal clinic charge $140++. Anyone knows whats the difference?

happy,

how r u planning to celebrate ur gal's BD ah? when is it? my gal turning 2 in May...me now still no idea how to celebrate for her....

i remember seeing Polar sells Hello Kitty cakes...however, have not tried it so dunno yummy or not. But quite cute designs...

pamela

wow! u really know how to plan ahead! i havent thought till so far yet!

amooks

i stay in the extreme east! but i dun mind travelling to bukit batok
happy.gif

karen

hahahaa...thanks! chop for ur gal liao :p

pamela,
what pump are u using? saw the mum's fairy funnel too, but not sure if it fits the freestyle connectors so didnt dare to buy.

sunshinekid,
think pamela is better at using the balboa sling than me, but i think its worth a shot just based on its pretty designs, heh!

dymples,
you bought the beco on the spot ah?! hahaha.. the demo must hv been really convincing! pls share your feedback!

teeny weeny,
thanks for the info, will try that once baby can eat solids
happy.gif
cant wait actually, wun be so stressful to breastfeed then..

fruche,
am in almost the same situation as u lor, so sad hor? dunno wat is wrong. hv seen LCs and they say there is nothing wrong with my latch. plus my baby weight is still very low, so am supplementing her with formula too.

Drugstore Batch 2

First Teeth Enzyme Toothpaste - USD4.49=SGD6.96 before shipping
1. Karen - 2 tubes
2. Vincy - 1 tube

Lasinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags 25ea - USD6.49=SGD10.06 before shipping
1. Fruche -> how many?

GNC Fenugreek 610mg 200ea USD12.99=SGD20.14 before shipping

Other Items

Pop in to say "Hello Mummies".

fifi,
I'm interested in getting bb shampoo &amp; bodywash, looking at California Baby brand (now on discount at drugstore). Any other recommendation on shampoo &amp; bodywash for eczema &amp; sensitive skin? I like to order from drugstore.

rent-a-toy:
My cousin used to rent those activity stn. Mostly are in good condition. Good idea to change one every mth and bb dun feel bored.

Dymples: Oh yeah! i also forgot cos I was so busy deciding which design!! I can't wait to use the carrier again later.. hope baby likes it!!!
Tell you what, if you head down to town or wanna go shopping, call me.. I bring it out for you to try. I will be free until 24th when i return to work =((

Happywifey: i am using the medela PIS. The funnels fit very well. Now I just wanna buy the connectors from online/FFY and then use it with the mum's fairy funnel. It really is way more comfy. Not sure about their claim to increase milk supply though --- cos my supply still the same leh =((

kash: I think it's peer pressure! hahah 2 of my friends suckered me into it. Sides there doesnt seem to be any kindergarden arnd my area &amp; my nieces/nephews r in the school right now. Oh and the monterssori KG just outside my place cost $1500 per month!! WAH MAN -- i never knew sending kids wld cost this much!!!! So mommies, if you hv a school in mind, go call them and enquire asap.

TV:
All the while, bb seems to enjoy Ch8 programmes. I juz play Barney VCD for him and we left him on the rocker watching Barney but he cried in less than 5mins. Now switch back to Ch8, he only made abit of noise but still continue watching.

Pamela, Dymples - ya man, i wanted to try the sling too! *forgot* Also forgot to take a look at the pouch! *short term memory siah* haha we were all too busy trying on the beco. &amp; guess wat? Joan fell aslp in the beco too! *smilez*

Haha, bb love to watch BABY channel, but now i tried to turn the boucner with his back facing the TV. Baby watched until i also know how to sing the songs.

Jynnsan,
Guess my boy like me, dont like cartoons. That's why I also dunnoe how to sing children song to him. Sing with wrong lyrics. Haha.

jo> same as me.. i dont know how to sing nursery rhymes!! so shi pai! kaka... always sing main part den the rest duno liao.. haha.

btw i wanna get those ABC poster..or 123.. any idea where to get?

pam,
yaya im so tired of leaning forward while pumping.. getting backaches now.. i tink the fairy funnel is a MUST buy! i start work aready.. couldnt go shopping during the weekdays -_-

wah. seems like beco is really a good buy wor!may i know how much izzit? missed the demo cos i need to work liao ...

those who have beco &amp; balboa , pls share review of this two carriers.. Comparison..

vincy: I was told by friends to try the EYS one too..Guess I'll give it a shot.

Slings v. carriers
I am shopping for a carrier for baby...not sure if baby can still use carriers now at abt 7 kg?

How was the BECO carrier demo..can mummies share their experiences? Baby getting quite heavy so wld be gd to own a carrier/sling..just not sure what to buy.

<font color="ff0066"> Happy Wifey</font>
Yup. I bot the Beco on the spot. I've used the Ergo and several other carriers before, so more or less, I already know what to expect.

<font color="ff0066"> My feedback on the Beco</font>
I was really delighted by the 'feeling' with the Beco.
1) Bb was 'lighter' in the carrier
2) Like the Ergo, I like it that it is an ergonomic design. Meaning, bb is in a 'sitting' position whilst in the carrier versus being 'hang' by the crotch area. This helps to ensure proper spine development. This is an important feature to me as I dun wanna 'squash' bb's spine cos I tend to use carriers over an extended period like up to 4-5 hours per day (especially if I bring bb out).
3) The ergonomic design also helped to alleviate any strain my shoulders,
4) The shoulder straps are not as bulky as the Ergo. Yet still nicely padded.
5) The Major plus point... the overall design is berry nicer. Simply irresistable. End up cannot decide. *lol*
6) Most importantly, bb likes it lots! hehhehe...

I Beco-ed my bb the whole afternoon and she slept soundly in it from 4-6pm. Then now she's back in the carrier again (and sleeping soundly) after fussing away from 8.30 till 9.30pm.

<font color="ff0066"> Pamela &amp; Mummy</font>,
hehhe.. now worries babes. Guess we were all too busy trying out the carrier and deciding on the designs. But I dun mind meeting up again for "coffee" before you go back to work?? Then can chit-chat. *lol* Btw, I'm so happy wz my Beco. Totally no regrets wz the design I selected.
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff0066"> Alibaba</font>
You can get those posters from any Popular bookshops. Got lots of designs and diff types to suit your needs.

Fifi,
My friend intro the brand "Bellamy" to me. MAde in Australia. www.bellamysorganic.com.au He say it's good. Can go read on it to find out.
I will probably try it when my gal is ready for semi solids.

Yoyosan,
My gal's poo is still runny and mustard in colour. She is 90% on BM and is 4 mths now.

Teeny weeny,
Hey, guess i will also read up and do a little research on semi solids. Thanks for introducing another brand to me.
The Balboa looks really nice. I'm so into buying stuffs like u, dymples and pam. So much cool stuffs to buy. I've already got 3 slings, MIM, pupsik and beco. But this one also look gd, let me know ur review on balboa after u use it? Thanks.

Amooks,
I stay in the north but bukit batok is still pretty alright for me.

Dymples,
I also like my beco, very pretty to carry. Hehe. I first use it on my bb when she's 6 weeks old with the infant insert, then she grew bigger and she wasn't comfortable to sit crossed legged in it and i stopped. I recently reintroduce it to her and she likes to sleep in the carrier. Although it's ex but worth to buy as my shoulders are not tat tired from the carrying.

Drugstore Batch 2
*pls try to confirm by end today as my friend needs her stuff urgently &amp; hopes to order soon

1. Karen - 2 tubes
2. Vincy - 1 tube
3. jo15 - 1 tube

1. Fruche -> how many?

Other Items

Dymples: My husband is australian but working here. To avoid citizenship complications (my baby is a boy...) so decided to deliver there. Went in sep and came back after confinement.

Happywifey: How heavy is your bb? I take comfort that my bb's weight is ok...somehow i feel i dun hv enough and he deosnt drink much but the weight seems to be pretty ok. In fact my father in law once commented if he over eats! I was thinking to myself I don't have enough to let him over eat man!

Re: cakes
Thanks ladies! I still sourcing and tinking wat to get.I need 2 cakes. One for my gal's cc and one for the home party.

dymples,
I wan to order The Pattisier but my hb dun wan.He said too exp for a 2kg cake which nt very worth it.Not within our budget too.They quote me $230 for a simple 2kg 3YO cake.

Kash,
My gal turning 3yo in 1 wk time.I will be celebrating at her CC next fri and gt some bag goodies(some sweets and stationary) for her classmate.Then,hold a small party,invitin a grp of close buddies to my hse next sun.
I bought polar hello kitty cake for my gal's 1yo.It tastes ok.

jo,
Califonia baby products are gd.My gal used some of the product since birth.My boi is using it now too.I love it.Normally i gt it from BP organised by Ima.The price is reasonable and collection is convenient.

pamela,
Wow... you steady! So fast bk the prenursey sch.
But i do knw some sch need advance booking,like st james.And the waiting list is LONG! It takes at least 1 yr to cfm the slot.

karen> ohh, which one do u stay in? mine is at Hillview Ave.

Kash> aiyah, nevermind lah, how far can SG be?
happy.gif

Dymples> wah, u also very near leh, happy right?
happy.gif

Pamela> u registered liao at Nanyang liao ah? how to register huh? how much are the fees? i also feel like registering leh, not far away from my place.

Hi gals

I have 1-2 boxes of Playtex milk bags to give away, as I dun have enough BM to freeze..

anyone keen?

Pamela/Teenyweeny/Happywifey...
I am still thinking about the Balboa SLing leh.. this is my #3 baby liao.. will definitely close shop, so hor.. trying hard not to splurge on unnecessary things, unlike Dymples *wink wink*.. who may be trying for #4... Hohohoh...

Hi mummies,

Those using avent teats, need your advice. Teats no. 2 seems too small for my bb, but teats 3 is too big for her. Any advice?

I cant seems to find the right size for her. Even Nuk one, she find it abit slow at time
sad.gif

Karen> oh, i think it's quite near, i at Chantilly Rise.

mosh> my baby is already using teat 3 from 2.5mths. i tried the teat myself and i still thinking it's very difficult to suck. as long as they dun choke while sucking, it's ok to change. dun have to have follow the age.

dymples

i am going back to work only in April... if u organising any coffee, please remember to jio me along hor...hehee

happy

for CC, must cater for every children in the CC or juz ur gal's class ah? parents allowed to join the party? My gal shd be in CC liao when she turns 2 as well... so maybe i juz hold it in a CC? no wonder needs 2 cakes.... 1 week later very soon...u better book early leh..

mosh

i heard from frens that kiddy palace sells teat hole puncher or something. I have nvr seen it before...but maybe u can try to punch the teat 2 hole bigger?

pamela, amooks

can i ask is it if we register primary school very early, means we have higher chance? or do they still go by the siblings, 1km etc priority? I dunno how long i will stay in my current place..always hope to move nearer to my mum...so hard to think of a primary school. Also, how to find out whether the primary school is good?

Morning mummies,

Amooks,
yeah, your place is great for me, **happy**.. Actually there are quite a numbers of mummy staying at weat area.

Happy,
the cake from The Pattisier is really ex.. but it shd be very yummy right? didnt try before..

Fifi,
I would like to order 2 more first teeth, so total will be 4 tubes for me. tnks

Drugstore Batch 2
*pls try to confirm by end today as my friend needs her stuff urgently &amp; hopes to order soon

1. Karen - 2 tubes
2. Vincy - 1 tube
3. jo15 - 1 tube
4. joyce - 2 tubes

1. Fruche -> how many?

Other Items

Lovedog, mosh,
yes, kiddy palace do sell the hole puncher, they have 3 size in a packet. It is under Farlin brands, ard $6+ or $7+.. But u think the hole puncher is not suitable for NUK teats.

<font color="17aaa7c">Hello !! Popping in really quickly while cooking! Anyone knows of a good dentist, preferrably female that charges reasonably? Me got toothache
sad.gif
</font>.

<font color="aa00aa">Balboa Sling</font>
Will update more when get to really use it! heheheee...

<font color="aa00aa">Glad_gal/Happywifey</font>
Your welcome !!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Jo</font>
I've got ezcema and i'm bathing my boy with California Baby Calming Wash, i find it pretty good, although a little pricey. But so far i've used since birth, up till now, still 3/4s full!
Really Worth it! I also get from Ima and she's really friendly, she will attend to ur queries and explain the different products to you.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Babyzel</font>
^5! Hubby used to wonder how come i'm always home but always got new things to buy! hahaha~

amooks,
she choke on teats 3 and milk keep flowing out of her mouth
sad.gif

Kash, Joyce
Can punch hole on avent teats? anyone tried b4?

primary school
Hmm, but why can't let your babies go to your primary schools? Then we will have priority, right? Then don't need to be so troublesome.

Back