(2008/11) November 2008

The thread is moving too fast!

Haru, docs recommend up to a yr of breastfeeding. I know of someone that breastfeed till her kids are 6 yrs old. def not healthy liao. it also depends when u want to have a 2nd bb. must make sure ur body recovers from the first bb before trying for another.

Blessed mum, shall i scare u a bit? i felt my bb move at 14 wks plus.. first kick at 17 wks... hahah but i m very skinny lah...

Olwen, ok set! which days are better for u? where shall we meet to eat? hahaha.. so many choices leh.

Nov MTBs first gathering: CRAB feast!
Date: not fixed

1) Olwen
2) Bear
3) Minkybear
4) Peanut(?)

Blessed Mum-oh.. okie.. maybe I will pop in one day then.. tell him I worried.. coz that time I went see him to take mc coz of flu/sore throat he din offer to scan my bb and I also bu hao yi si to ask him scan..

peanut00-Yup but my boy name I took the risk I only got 1 choice.. luckily only need to change the chn character the sound still is wad I want lo.. hehe..

Lilian: I went to FaYeun Street to buy, stalls thatsells a lot of bibs, towels, blankets, clothings especially. Really cheap like S$3 for dresses (nicer than FOX!) How to resist...so I just grab whatever I can some designs I buy same, but different mths like 0-3,3-6,6-9 mths.

If u like Carters, Timberland, they also have quite a lot there, dress, rompers..all cheap.

pkum: Go take plane once before 32 weeks, nice place relax or shop, have BB life will be so different..pram and all..more troublesome.

JO: Went HK. Not BKK...HK nicer to shop, BKK very dirty for me go there always diahhorea, or vomit.

Fifi: Ya I look more like clothes supplier, actually I could have bought another bag and sell to mummies.
happy.gif

Olwen: I bought a few dress, rompers and nightgowns only a few pinks so okie..others are either white or neutral colors for unisex. I tink baby can play dress-me-up everyday! LOL

Alibaba, Hui: Ya, scary..but very enjoyable bcos Spore never seen so many nice clothes and rompers, nightgowns yet so cheap. Never burn hole in my pocket, so ex with I buy in Kiddy palace one rompers/ nightgown already cost me $16! So regret buying from Kiddy.

Kash: can we buy diapers now? Will sticker become less sticky? I also thot of buying and stocking up, maybe try Mami poko. S size for newborns? Yes...really enjoy shopping for girlie stuff, so no exception for little girl too. I didnt buy any clothes for myself bcos there the clothings for adults not as nice as in Spore, fashion bit different, but it's a mothers haven for shopping for BB clothes.

Let me know if anyone of u go HK i can share my experiences with u and also where to go shop and for great bargains.

I took MTR by myself to shop HB too lazy slept whole day...

Bear: u mean tax? No taxes..didnt pay extra cos weight not exceeding 20 kg, not sure if i could have bought another luggage of clothes but that wld be too SIAO..

Nikki: Yes, anyone who can go hol now shld go otherwise after birth very busy and more troublesome to go out...I made myself happie buying all nice clothing, Only problem now HK very crowded, take train, walk pavement, shopping mall all filled with people like ants, quite crazy...

Hi haru, my friend advised me to use mamy poko as it is better for new born...like wat some of them says here..it's absorbant and baby dun get rash easily.

haru,Blessed Mum-PLUS with further protection of diaper cream to prevent diaper rash shd be ok.. but so far my boy is ok with most of the diaper brands, no allergies yet. But as what some say.. different bb skin react differently so dun topup too much packs of diapers first.. wad is good for other bb might not be for our bb skin??..

bladers-You sounds like u had fun!!!

Hi Enne, I think Dr Adrian a bit wierd haha...the last three weeks, I went to see him twice for MC. One is urinary tract infection, the other is flu....but both times, he check on baby leh....so i think you should not be paisei....go for it and check....hahah

Jenn: *wave back*. glad u n bb r fine besides the rash. try to bear w it, ok? even if unsightly, just put something mild to relieve the itch & DON'T scratch! it will aggravate your stretch marks.

Blessedmum: yes, triplets. so far, they r 2 boys & 1 girl. v unlikely tt boy will become girl so i'm crossing my fingers tt the girl will not become a boy.

alibaba: u r so funnee! u must have been reading too much on breastpumps. but... to be honest w u, some babies do suckle so hard tt u will bleed after tt.

peanut: ni ni sounds v suggestive leh. no offence hor.

Enne, yah...i guess every baby differs...just have to try out the diapers and see if it works...agree that we should not stock up...

Hi bladers, i was thrilled at the number of clothes you bought for minnie...i can;t wait to buy girlie stuff too if mine is cnfirmed a minnie....I want a minnie...so does my hubby....haha HUbby says first child minnie is good....can take care of sibling and can ddress them up...

Haru, bf for 3 yrs? My hb was asking mi to bf for 2 yrs ... can save milk powder money. But don't think I will be such a wonderful mum cos got so much of food restriction.
I'm sure $2 angbao doesnt apply to the younger generation already.
happy.gif

Happy, kids bound to fall and hurt. Dont think much over it le.

Enne, yah think I will ask shifu to count the "bi hua" one better.
Before my DS and gynae visit last week, I also dun feel much baby movements which was so worrying. Ever since I visited them, I feel my baby kicks everyday and more often. Hehe. Dun worry too much bah.

Blessed mum, yup I have a cushion behind but doesnt seems to help.
I went Mothercare and saw tat they have swimming costumes for pregnant ladies. Can try.

Bear, I jus know my entire lower back aches. My hb say must be due to my sitting position. When I walk, I feel perfectly all right.

Peanut, we can always order a whole fish for u! wahahaha... U can watch us eat the crabs.. Who else was craving for crabs ah? Alibaba? Jo?

Enne u wanna join us for the crab feast or not?

Bladers, woweee... looks like u had fun! can stop shopping liao...

Blessed Mum-Yup maybe by that time if need be, we can also exchange a few pcs to test out lo.. I mean diapers..

Jo-I am SO SO looking forward to my DS but it seems such a long wait..

peanut00,olwenlim-haha.. so funny.. or maybe call XIAO NI lo..

Hi bear, you really scare me.....i shall wait and wait...maybe my fats too much so even if baby kicks...i can;t feel it..haha

Crab feast ah....cool! but Can we eat crabs during preggy...my mum and frens ask me not to eat....maybe can try a bit no harm right.....

Hi Olwen..wow1 really triplets... first time, I encounter a mum with triplets! you are so blessed! one time get it done with three...hahah save yourself another two more rounds of pains....
How i wish I can have a twin or triplets.hahaha

Hi ailbaba, I was contemplating between ameda and medela...in the end i bought ameda...heard the engine is better than medela

Bear-Dun think will makan that but see if time permits will pop by for a gathering!! Else when tummy big liao think hard to gather.

Suddenly I thot hor.. if we all happen to give birth ard the same time at TMC.. we wun be that bored.. can find each other chit chat.

Hi Jo, yah maybe it's really the way you sit....must try to change your sitting posture..soemtimes it is just a weight thing..the extra weight gain adds burden to your bag...as long as no major pains even when walking..should be fine lah.....Bear, I am interested! guess I will join peanuts for a fish feast...Peanut, Dun worry I join you!!!!

Thanks Jo, I will take a look at mother care....

Bear....you set the date and I see if I can make it....really sounds fun...seafood is my fav!

Blessed mum, enne: thanks. yes, i'm a christian, tt's y i chose all the saints' names. for example, novena church which is having the exorcism trial? the church's real name is actually church of st alphonsus but not many ppl know tt. haha, i want my sons all to be named after churches in singapore. but there is no st gerard's church.

wtan: papaya milk v good for constipation
biggrin.gif
but my sinseh said must take sparingly in the last mth cos can cause diarrhea & thus early labour.

guru Bear: fridays r always good. especially this mth, my ante-natal class is breaking for 3 weeks
happy.gif
no need to wake up early on saturday for the time being.

bladers: wow! u bot all this from HK? so nice & so cheap! but... so many. i think my 3 will not even have as many clothes as your one.

Blessed Mum-I think I shd be earlier ler coz I will be opting for c-sect coz my first boy is c-sect due to low placenta thus for 2nd one, HB say better to c-sect too for both me and bb sake. But hor still got chance la.. who knows maybe ur bb grow fat enuf inside u liao wanna come out early?.. Maybe we will be roommates too!!

olwenlim-ohh.. Alphonsus sounds nicer than Gerard maybe coz more unique.. but well like u say nid to see which one ur HB able to live with it too.. till now me and HB never see eye-to-eye on a mickey name yet.. kekeke.

Nov MTBs first gathering: CRAB feast!

1) Olwen
2) Bear
3) Minkybear
4) Peanut(?)
5) Blessed mum

Eh, if other ppl dun wanna eat crabs then we can always change to something more neutral lor. :p are u guys keen or not if we plan for something else other than crabs?

Actually when it comes to food i m lousy. may be somebody can suggest a place!

Blessed mum, Enne, both of u can try shouting for each other in the delivery suites! hahahaha

Bear-I was thinking do u think its easier if u upload the mummies ctc list maybe to a blog or google grp or yahoo grp so that whoever wanna update can update themselves and saves the trouble of sending an updated file to all??

Enne, olwen, hui, happy - Thxs!

Haru, glad that I've got a princess too. So lovely when I see her in the DS today! Most impt that everything is normal and well.

Peanut, I didn't get to see Dr Wong today too & was also informed that she's away. Dr Khi just ran through the DS report. Previously saw Dr Wong & EDD was 18/11 but today's DS report shows 14/11. DS report should be more accurate? Didn't notice till back in the office. But most of the time it'll be earlier. Haha, will check with Dr Wong in next appointment what if 2 mummies deliver at the same time! Maybe Dr Khi would help?

Yen, ya a few of our EDDs very close!

Names: Wow, gotta start research on names now!

Blessed mum: errr.. but the last 2 mths will be quite difficult lor. like i was telling the rest last week. i need to take 8 weeks MC before maternity leave. not sure whether i will still have my job to come back to next year.

peanut: fish is seriously v good for baby's brain. whenever i tell colleagues i ate a lot of fish when having my son, they say my son must be v clever. but... he still fail chinese leh.

wow guru Bear, so evil, ask peanut to watch us eating crabs, hahaha.

bear,enne,
Thanks.Hb oso say nt my fault but dun knw why still feeling guilty and sad.My gal got countless of accidents too but tis time round... haiz... feeling so useless.Cant even look after her well by myself.

olwenlim,
The names you choose all so 'chiam'.I dun even knw hw to pronounce them.

Bear, if you all not purely eating crabs only, I will join. hehe. Scared you all jus order crabs only. haha.

nikki-nikki is ur name?? if it is, would u have something like a jap name for ur minnie too??

happy-patz patz dun feel so, maybe this time hormones acting up makes u feel bad..

olwenlim-next time I think I will call ur kids by their chn name.. hehehe coz I also dunno how to pronounce.

olwen. ya lor.. i tink too much.. somemore the blood is like alot type.. scared me!!

bear> crab feast oh... if i go eat it, cannot let my ah ma know de wor.. hehee... i dun mind but provided date & time i can make it.

happy: haha. i read the names off my church calendar. tt's how my husband chose my son's name too. we checked the church calendar & found st ignatius feast day in may so we chose tt.

don't worry abt your daughter. cannot beat my son, he even broke a tooth when he was 2. after tt, i stopped being obsessed w every injury tt he suffers.

enne: maybe this time u choose a name from troy, hahaha!

olwenlim-the names inside too 'muscular' feel liao.. I don't like too big muscular hunks. haha.. hope to have an easier pronoucing name this time round.. aiya see la.. if change to minnie then I no need headache liao lo.. kekeke.

Eh how old is ur boy now??..

Wow... I wld like to join too ley.But cannt make it till sept.I love to go gathering.PLs take alot of photos to make me drool...

Bear *arrow*, pls organise another one at a later mth ok? hehe

Jo: definitely will not be only crabs. becos if Jenn is going, she cannot eat crab when having rash. reminds me, she came in, waved once then kept quiet again. is her rash too itchy? poor girl.

alibaba: don't worry. it's v rare tt babies suckle until nipples bleed. my son never caused me to bleed. but he did bite me a few times when he was teething.

so haru: take note hor. babies like to bite u when they r teething. if u manage to suffer thru tt, then u may actually go on to 3 yrs like what u planned
happy.gif

Enne -- bish!! haha..

names:
more japanese name, i had a colleague by the name of Naomi..ur can consider?
i have tot some aready.. but i passing the job to my best fren aka bb's godmother. haha. let her tink ^_^

yeah knock off soon... later gg buona vista to eat duck rice!! got influence by ur la... haa.. btw u gals still drink lime juice... i v long nv take lime juices .... can i drink?!?

alibaba-hehehe. Lime Juice is ok ba?? I got drink also ler... I know orange juice must take moderately only.

Nov MTBs first gathering: Seafood/ western food/ zhi char/buffet?

1) Olwen
2) Bear
3) Minkybear
4) Peanut(?)
5) Blessed mum
6) Jo
7) Alibaba

How abt this? we have a mixture of food.. got crabs, fish and other seafood.. may be we can go to somewhere with gd seafood? compromise so that this crab-starved Bear gets to eat crabs.

What are the dates u can make it? Please gimme some dates leh.. i m only with all dates except 12th and 20th of jul

Happy, let me plan the first one first then talk abt the 2nd one. will def take photos!

dun worry u al wont be able to tempt me by eating crab in front of me cos i'm not crazy over crabs tsk tsk.. but if hav a choice i prefer steam crab rather then chilli and pepper ones.. not so messy and sweeter
happy.gif
Another choice is steamboat!! Chongqing huo guo.. yummy.. but mayb some may tink its not v hygenic lor

nikki, congrats ya..

home? everything settle down liao?

RE: Birth at TMC: its would be fun if most of us is there....it wont be boring liao.heehee

alibaba: then we will be eating the man tou bear up!
biggrin.gif

enne: my son is already 7. much much older than yours. but he's v good w younger children. so no problems playing w your son.

but even if minnie, if u don't choose arwen, what name will u choose?

blessed mum : my hb friend also said v. good guay and future can take care of siblings, i quite agree too...ya the clothes are overwhelming, the shops are even more ovewhelming my eyes can pop out.

Bear: i'm ok w all the fridays in july so i suggest 11, 18 or 25 Jul.

enne: haha. actually the "lego" part is quite funny. i have an aunt who can't pronounce her grandson's name. ryan. so she always calls him "lion".

bladers: now u give me idea. i asked my husband to take my son for trip to hk disneyland in december. i must take down the name of the street u went so tt he can also go there & buy back lots of clothes.

olwen, i'm here~ back at home with my mum while my hubby go for his project meeting.. in fact, doc say anything also can eat even seafood coz e rashes is due to pregnancy de =P I will love to join u all just give me a venue n date k =D

Back