(2008/08) Aug 2008

happymummy, adel and phil celebrate together? else ur's and mine gonna clash! just went thru the aug list... scary leh!

huichin, urs is expected... cos i hear all my malay frens parties all super big one...

rona, CHOY! of cos 21 years u still around lah! haiyo...

snow74, my extended family is big too... and close, so no choice gotta invite...

Jen
hehehhee.. checked n replied...
happy.gif
Looking forward to c u n Phil
happy.gif

Happy mummy
WOW... til this day dunno wan 2 hv or not ? :p if ur hb ok, better not or simple 1 sud do... less the stress :p

Huichin
me also wish my guest list is not that huge... all most from hb's side n he said most of them confirmed can make it.. wa laaauuu...

languange
my hb wants me 2 speak mandarin to bb N, not English.. he said it's easier 2 learn later in school n he also wants me 2 teach bb N bahasa :p Hmmmm........

Oh yes, N also have chinese name n follow my surname hahahhahaha

update on N's party

so far guest list ard 240 incl couple n children... children n bbs itself totalling to 83 !! Headache for me cos need 2 think of something for them too...
Menu : guess wont have any pork since the food will b Padang food n Indian food.. for Indian food need 2 divide into veg n non veg too...

Cake : will b 5 kg 2 tier cake with precious moment figurine + fairy poppets figurine
flavour : undecided but mayb will go for black forest n orange for the top tier

That's about it... now need 2 source decoration, ballons, entertainment n party favour.. going to peng san soon :p

Jen
Hahaa..expected hor! I already keep it simple...

tree nymph
Yea touch wood ah! lol..

Linx
Whoa u're the champion so far! no choice rite...lol. For the amt of ppl coming, yes u still hv quite abit to do! lol..u need any contact for balloons? I ordered from this fella they only charge $1 per balloon n delivery is 15bucks. Ok liao...if u go to those party favour shops at middle rd hor, they charge 30-40 bucks for weekend leh. If u need tt lobang lemme know yea.h

rona
ya lor, that is also why i chose bb play gym kinda place....hee hee....

jen
let alone others hor, i'm #9 in my direct family.
can imagine? =X

<font color="#CD3278">rona</font>
Hahah.. Okieokie, i go with u to Celyn's place to da bao extras.. She's not too far off fr mine
happy.gif

<font color="#CD3278">ling</font>
Wahwah, urs is a huge party.. Since it's a day before Nday, you can also have pre NDay celebrations.. Afterall this year's theme is coming together!

Snow, Rona &amp; Huichin,
Mae's party this Sat also total 80+pax including children...luckily most of them know each other so it is self-entertained...hahaha

We didnt do first month for Mae so a bigger 1st party for her instead =P

hisstory
u very onz leh, i lost track of those n day theme long ago...hee hee....pai seh. =P

ling
ya lor, very big party.
what u did for #1, normally u will need to do something similar for #2 again to be fair wor. -_-"

Re: Bday Cake Toppers
Any Mummies here order cake but putting on cake toppers yourself cos you ordered from elsewhere? I abit scared siah...

I duno if i just 'poke' the candles thru the cake top to place it. Cos u know these candles are bulky n not the normal candles with the bottom stem that can hold them. Hmmm.

Snow,
Yalor, must train my stamina man...hahaha
Kept the party timing from 6-8pm although the room is booked till 10pm...coz birthday gal will be stoned by 8pm+...hahaha

hisstory
oic...ha ha...no wonder u still notice about it.

m2b
think after 8pm, its daddy and mummy party time instead liao ya? =P

Ling, yeah... I'm trying to cut down list... but scared some pple be offended... had to prepare 80 party favours for kids for #1's party last time, still quite challenging... is the FB event application useful? Can add on guests later is it? I just tested out...

Huichin, I want the balloon contact... email me, else I lose it... how much u ordered?

Snow, wah... u #9? pengz...

Rona, which are Celyn is at?

M2B, after 8pm is "pack up time" till 10pm... wahaha...

Re: N-Day
Talking about N-Day, anyone going?

Jen

I used evaporated milk by mistake and got a very good texture for the chocolate topping. Before shimmering I whisk in the cocoa powder first, den as I continuously stir with a hand whisk until slightly thicken.. Very easy to spread leh!

Bcos the cake is too moisture, so it releases vapours even after the second day. So the fondant will slight down lor... soo said..

RE: Balloon

If I'm not wrong, Huichin may have gotten the Balloons from Kidforte.

http://www.kidforte.com/

I got mine from them too! I went to the warehouse personally to get. Cos I know the boss.. hehehe.

Huichin

if you scared, trying spearing a toothpick into the base of the candle, leaving a long end for inserting into the cake.

Another option (but a bit ugly) is to insert the candle onto a mashmellow, which serves as a stand for the candle. But this also depend on how big is you candle.
happy.gif

m2b &amp; snow74,
yah yah. my hubby say dont want to celebrate 1st birthday for yu ze but i want. so i plan loh. then all the guests are my colleagues and friends and my parents and fil, sil only. i already had the min liao and he still think its too much.

huichin, snow74, m2b,
i busy preparing for audit leh. can only come in and see see look look when COO not in. then today no chance to come in at all cos he is around. :p

jenjen,
maybe you can ask them loh. for my muslims friends, they are no so particular. as long as no pork can liao. no need to be halal halal one.

what you want to ask me?

rona,
i also not inviting relatives, only friends and colleagues. too many relatives to invite.

lingling,
wow!!! you really got lots of guests leh.

rona &amp; hisstory,
serious is it. i call you 2 to come and tabao if i got left over. if its not from manna pot, you still want to tabao or not? :p

Huichin
hehhehehe ya lor.... :p Yes yes want the balloon contact.. still giddy here heheeheh

M2B n Huichin
me also didnt have 1st month celeb... still trying to cope that time plus me bit lazy hehehe, now it's combined celeb :p turned out huge !!

Rona
hehehehhe, wait let me check the list but I think ur hb also one of the invitee lehh :D coming ? huahahahaha

hisstory
u r good ! I dont even noticed the theme.. but ya lor mean almost like pre N day liao... Anyway the 1 having bday also has N lol

Snow
u r # 9 ?? Me stunned .... can imagine just ur direct families numbers.. can form a clan liao heheehe
yup told hb, if we do like this for #2, mite have to do also later for #2.. was thinking is it good or waste ?
sad.gif
but what to do leh, he does have huge amt of ppl to invite.. old bach mate ard 25 plus partner n children, work mate, badminton mate, MBA friends.... Hmmmm.... to think he doesnt even born here... :p

Celyn
me also wanna ta bao.. hahahah

Jen
share share... me now have to go thru putting party favour for 80+ children plus gift also for them... think I'm going to shacked now... :p

Celyn
not me hor... mostly hb's but yes if I'm in my own place, I mite also have huge lists lor hehehhe but mayb I wont do ... think relationship point of view is bit diff for Malay n Indian uh ? :p

hi everyone,

happybirthdays to babies of july!

aug coming liao..i guess all the mummies must be very stressed

im very very tired....maid left all of a sudden and now im maidless....completely bburnt out...

and now 1.30am already....been trying to order cakes and balloons online for my son's birthday since 11.30pm...im freakin tired...Husband didnt want to do a big family and friends party so in the end i have to order three cakes...one for my parents one for his parents and one for mark's godparents...in the end i have three parties to organise...IM SO TIRED
..next year im putting my foot down..one party only...one cake and one time one place....

oh something to share with mummies who havent choose birthday theme yet and cant decide..let ur baby chose for u

today i was looking at cakes online with mark...
i was trying to choose a design for him from the bengawan solo website..looked at pooh..baby disney...cars and all the boy themes....but

when we finally came to mickey mouse..he pointed excitedly and shouted aye aye aye...

So i guess...mark chose his own birthday theme..mickey mouse it is...so im going to order mickey mouse balloons for him too...

haha...so cute...

MrsTeng, oh! You actually tried putting fondant? Hiaz... I had hoped to use this recipe...
sad.gif
Thanks for the experiment! You spread the frosting all over the cake? Got a lot left over? Eh, you know the boss ah? Then got special discount or not? wahaha...

Celyn, nothing lah... I wanted to ask Rona if we can gate crash ur party and da bao ur left overs... hehehe... personal joke... but I re-read my question to Rona, dun make sense... hahaha... paiseh huh...

Ling, I had different things for different age groups... very tired now... share with u tmrw in FB...

morning mummies
been so busy with the party stuff preparation..

babyemma,
ya bernice chose her own theme too.. i put elmo and mickey mouse in front of her and she picked elmo...
happy.gif

ling,
wah ... major party
happy.gif
stress man .. i tell u.. then again i think i abit backside itchy cos i making some of the stuff myself, my hb say i too free. yesterday he help me label chocs till 1am. hahaha

morning mummies.

celyn
ur seat in office sounds abit challenging ya?
normally i open lotsa appls on my desktop, all half windows 1.
so my desktop very colourful with all small small windows, no 1 will be able to see what each window in particular is lor.
=P

can tabao har?
hey, u celebrating yu ze's bday b4 the bb bash rite?
ha ha..... *evil thought*

linx
ya, me #9...thats why #1 1st bday gotta celebrate in hotel, that alone 5 tables liao. -_-"
when it comes to #2 hor, its very bz with 2 kids le and u still gotta do all those planning lor.
so best is 1st 1 dun over hoo-har, 2nd 1 ur life will be easier. >D

Celyn,
Found your caterer? Can try Kim's Kitchen if you want, comes with buffet settings. I ever tried twice, but some dishes are nice/some not so. If you want, I give u list of the dishes I find nice :p

<font color="#CD3278">celyn</font>
hahah, no lah.. Joking only! Ask ur colleagues &amp; frens to help da bao. And ur FIL &amp; SIL too.. hee

<font color="#CD3278">Victoria</font>
Oh so cute!!! Just the other day I was discussing with my baker on the cake design, and then she asked if Ashley had any preferred characters etc.. Unfortunately nothing seems obvious enough! hahah

Eh i thought ur maid was quite gd all along.. Why did she leave?

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
heheh, u sure M2B can still party aft the bday party anot.. ma bok oredi

celyn
actually what cuisine are you looking for yr catering ? just those normal type or specific type eg thai / nonya ? maybe u can try to decide what type of food you want then shortlist the caterer easier.

snow74,
my seat is very open hoh. this 2 weeks, i'm working in meeting room in another office cos preparing for audit so i can spend time here if COO is not here. :p

i celebrate yu ze's birthday on 2nd aug.

hisstory,
haha.... yah, will get them to tabao if got left over loh.

sam,
i haven't confirm yet. i will shortlist a few then get hubby to confirm the final choice.

celyn
so....i suppose ur coo is not here today?
hee hee....

oic, then u really need to prepare some boxes for ur relatives and friends to tabao liao. =P

snow74,
my direct boss tell me, he is coming later. so if suddenly i disappear for a long time means he is here liao. heheh...

Good Morning Mommies!

Jen,
Yaya, I’m scared of many gifts to bring back…plus we are shifting a few months time so imagine…hahaha

Celyn,
Relatives only my side coz all close cousins…mostly friends and colls…such things, once in a blue blue moon enuf liao, very tiring and stressful…for #1, we had a party for her 1st birthday and subsequently all just with families…only 5th birthday, let her celebrate in Mac…

Snow &amp; Hisstory,
Think I just wana rest after the party liao…so tats why I choose Sun instead of Sat celebration…heehee

m2b,
i know, its very tiring. think i also tired. i told hubby only do 1st birthday for yu ze. subsequent one, no need to celebrate liao.

celyn
hee hee....understand, my boss also just walk away nia. =P

same here, celebrate 1st bday only.
subsequent, buy 1 cake and blow candle at home can liao.

m2b
oh, u celebrate on sunday.
the next day on leave? =)

Snow,
Sorry Sorry, shd be I choose Sat celebration rather than Sun so I can rest on Sun and dun need take leave on Mon =P Blur me!
happy.gif

Celyn,
Yalor, 1st birthday party bigger, subsequent 1 just small scale will do...will let Mae celebrates in Mac when she is 5yo too...

Good morning mummies : )

Celyn
My fren used Kriston for her gal's birthday party.. the food is quite good.

Snow
Haha! Same like you lor.. I also open alot of windows.. then everyday busy hit "alt tab" when ppl lurking around... my seat also damn open

Re birthday party
Will be doing a close family and frens for darwisyah at home, same like for #1.. hehe. But small small number of guests also come up to about 60ppl, excluding kids and maids! Dunno how to squeeze inside my pigeon hole flat.. haha!

Jen
Dun worry I also very nua.. alot of things not done yet.. I cant even decide what cake I want!!

morning mummies :I

Talk about the b'day celebration, me too haven't order cake &amp; food yet. Me can't choose the caterer as the chalet has appointed the caterer, strictly no outside caterer lor
sad.gif
At the end, decide to do BBQ beside the buffet... more preparation but it'll be fun!

I only invites small group of ppl like relatives &amp; close friends, around up abt 40-50 pax only. Lazy to entertain ppl, so better not to invite too many ppl keke....

celyn
oh oh.... =(
nvm lah, log in again when coo is out. =P

m2b
ha ha....thats why me blur liao also, u mentioned sat then now sun.

medusa
ya, small small windows not easily see from behind cos too colourful le....hee hee....

maybe u can "schedule" diff group of guests to come at diff timing?

mel
me too, ard 30+ adults nia.
to me its quite alot already also, cos else no time to really talk to each and everyone lor.

Rona

Cheril is still having flu but the fever is gone.
Clara's fever also gone but got rashes all over her body lor. There's signs of subsiding and I suspect it's heat rash lor.

Jen

The frosting just nice leh, no left over and I spread a rather thin layer.
happy.gif

Jen
ok :p me also have huge age groups....

Babyemma
hehhheehe cute uh... N reacts like that the obvious one only if she sees balloon... :p how 2 make the balloon theme uh ? so decided as I wish lor huahahaha

Cat
ya lor.. but u r good man... having big party still can make things urself... me want nia but no more time n strength :p

Snow
hb said, hv it like this also later 4 #2 lor.... What ??? well anyway like everybody the rest will b more relax
happy.gif

M2B
agree with Snow... celebration over the succesful party LOL..
we also choose to do on Sat so next day can just nua nua
happy.gif

Tigg3r
but the website said it's an attack site... Ok meh ?

Tigg3r
Oh that's reminds me.... I also want the recipesss... hehehhehe..

Glad the gals r getting better n fast also, else mummy will down cos too tired...

Hb insist I better find a maid to help me out.. hmmm.... still considering.. dun want 2 feel like having 2 bbs to deal with..
anybody got good agency contact ? thanks hor..

Hi Mummies!

Jen &amp; Linx
I've PM-ed u both the website/contact liao.

Mrs Teng
okok i will go try the method u teach me bah...i oso waiting for the candles to be delivered then i can gauge mah. Haha.

Re: Balloons
Oh Mrs Teng in the end I din order from kidforte leh. I was looking for a particular sesame st balloon n they din hv it, so in the end ordered from the one you ordered helium gas from. haha.

Back