(2008/06) June 2008

All,
Char is down with fever, flu n cough..It was so much faster than i hv expected..she has onli attended a day in CC and all these came in on sat..hiaz...Her fever quite high lor, 38.2 and doc gave her nurofen and ask me to let her take if her fever hit more than 38.5..hiaz..

Connie,
I tink mayb becos she can still see me ard, thats y din cry lor...

All e while my ger been takign brown rice with milk lor..I buy the brand " new rabbit" from NTUC wor..its the one in the white container with red cap one..

Eve,
Hows ue boy?

Ellysia,
wow, i hope char get used to it soon..Can see my mil xintong to put char in cc..haiz.. Ur boy need to wear uniform in the cc?

feifei

his school no need to wear uniform, unless on excursions.

actually if she is sick now, it may not be due to CC cos the bacteria/virus could be caught days before the symptons appear.

<font color="aa00aa">Tera,
I'm not too sure why especially YuJie loves tat HuaJiau soup so much, tats she keep asking for it when i boiled. But so far she had been quite good when come to drink soup, drink medicine.

Eve/ Connie,
Yes, can soak overnite, (at least 2 hrs of soaking time lah). While as i said, my gers had no problem with the fishy smell, so i just soak w/o ginger. Actually really can try to soak w ginger, but i doubt if it does help. But if boil with ginger might cause heatiness.
What i normally do it i'll soak it in the morning, and left it at the fridge. Then nite time about 2 hrs before sleep i boiled everything in the slow cooker. Turn off aft 2 hrs and turn on the timing switch which will auto on about 2.5hrs before i wake up. So by the time i woke up, i just scope the soup out and pour into thermal mug. Add some cordycep powder in.

Connie,
FuHua one is how much per liang? Coz just last week, i brought from ZTP at $55/liang. I brought 2 liang free one liang. Then over the weekend i went bak malacca brought some more. hehe....
Btw, malaysia is much much cheaper, i brought at RM35/per liang. From the look, quality wise seem like spore one more good, thicker. At malaysia very hard to find, so more shop they only stock up little nia, hard to find good one. Btw, hua jiau, the older, the price will be higher. Older huajiau is said to be easy to digest.
Btw, in my opinion dont need to add pao sheng lah. In fact i dont always add cordycep powder to the soup as well coz afraid too heaty.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Mummies,
It have been quite sometimes i have problem with YuJie when dine out. She wont sit on the highchair for long. If give snacks, she can finished before the dishes is out. Worst is if we dont give anything for her to eat, she'll start to stand up and insisted coming down. Sometimes she'll be guai guai if we give her some rice inside a bowl with spoon. But sometimes this trick dont works. We nvr had a peaceful meal outside lor. Now my MIL phobia going out to eat w us. Me and hubby have to take turn to eat. I tot this phase will pass soon but no loh,aiyo, can give suggestion how you deal with your toddler when dine out?</font>

Felicia,
Same problem u. dinning out is not at peace. If I let him eat on his own outside, hair face cloths will have rice.

Mine now don't want hold hand in shopping center liao. Headache.

Huajiao
My son don want to drink lei. Tried my MIL recipe, cook with rock sugar. Son don wan and my gal want but she only 6mths old. Can drink mah?

Today ask my maid to cook with meat n geizi n add half cup water. See whether he want it or not. Yesterday her 1 cup is more than 300ml.

Fuhua around 30+/liang.

Feifei,
I thought that one not good. Last time I buy n SIL throw lor. The rabbit one no need to precook?

montissori
Yesterday went to the open house
18-30 mths (pg) 240/mth, 2 hrs/day
3yr above (workgroup) 420/mth, 3 hrs/day
Weekend class 240/8 section.

Teacher ratio 1: 8 for playgroup.
I ask them how they jagar as 18-30 mths tend to cry more frequent and she say they will warn them n 3 warning put them on the discipline chair which is near to the class.

Is this good? School fee quite x lei.

<font color="aa00aa">Morning mummies!

Connie,
6mths only? I'm not too sure leh. But if added rock sugar better dont give her lor.
Maybe try to cook with porridge? My MIL did that during weekday for my ger. Just this morning my ger saw me pouring the soup for my #1, and she refused to drink milk, only want the soup.
Fu Hua only 30 per liang? is it the top grade one? Then cheaper than ZTP leh.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Connie,
My ger oso dont want to hold hand too! So if got trolley, i'll put her inside, rather than i keep chasing after her like a mad woman. </font>

Morn!

Felicia,
my boy also the same yo.. we will chopchop when dining out.. always cant enjoy food. after we left, the whole table and floor will be left with remains of rice... so paisey!
usually i will give my phone to my boy to entertain him lor. will dld all the kids educational games loh..

Feifei,
how is char? hope she is better le. shes resting at home today?
my boy still having watery stools. but not too frequent.

Connie,
u mean if naughty left on the discipline chair ah? wah. sounds xin tong hoh..umm..will it be too harsh for their age leh? or maybe its effective. but i rather not to know the method. hehe. =P

Felicia,
I have exactly the same prob as u. My girl sometimes even refuses to sit on the high chair when she knows we are going to sit down again to have our meals.

As now she's learning to feed herself, I can use this time to quickly finish my meal. If she stops eating, I will encourage her by saying "good try! U look, u r feeding urself just like mummy and daddy". When she hears that, she will continue to eat. :p

So when she is drinking water after her food, she will expect us to drink too
happy.gif

But most of the time, me and my husband will take turn to eat or i will quickly gooble down my food when she starts to get cranky.

Connie,

Did you sign your boy up for the montessori class? i'm looking around for a good pre-nursery school in Jurong for my girl . That's why I was very excited when i heard about this new montessori centre.

<font color="aa00aa">haha...looks like most of us is facing the same problem!
well, if at kopitiam still quite ok, coz the environment is noisier compare to restaurant.
When i dined at restaurant, most of the times i have to pretend nothing happen when my ger kick up a fuss and screaming and i can sense all the eyes is on our table. so so pai seh!</font>

Ladies,
How did u all log in the past few days? I cannot log in. So sian n so stressed cos my gal down with bronchitis again. I remembered the previous round she had bronchitis took her 3 wks to recover, now the time is creeping away cos I'm stuck home wif her. Urgh....

Tinkerbelle,
Did u bring her to see TCM? It might be slow but at this age,hope it can gradually recover and slower the process of reoccur.

Candice,
I only write names in weekend class. S$120 for 8 session. Keen to try out first but as what Eve said, heart pain on the discplinery part. I went New life at Gek Poh yesterday, found it v spacious. They are open for enrolment for 2008 kids. S$660/term but MOE approved them S$750. Think they will increase fee eventually when they are more stable.

I somehow quite like the place. Zuen also enroll her gal there. They have pre-nursery class but no playgroup. Have own playground, cycle area (diff sizes of bicycle). Thinking of afternoon section cos by the time he end the class at 230pm, he can have a nap at 315pm at home. Need to bring hubby down to take a look.

Felicia,
Understand how u feel. That day, my boy lie on the floor to cry in Jurong Point. Haha, hurry carry him and back to carpark. ALmost throw him down from the escalator lor.

You mean the hua jiao can cook with porridge? My maid ask me and I told her I don know. He drank yesterday and I told maid to further reduce to 1/3 glass of water. Less water can feed easier. LAzy mommy.

The ZTP not sure is trying to do sales or wat. Everything also say my ger can take.

My gal is down wif fever now not sure is it due to son having cough n running nose thus her immune system trying to fight,teething or not enough sleep. But I don't see any teeth lor. How long will fever usually last?

<font color="aa00aa">morning ladies!!!

Finally the site is up again? I’ve not been able to access our thread since mid last week, was wondering wat was going on??? Guess it is a technical issue? Anyway reai glad our thread is up again….

Felicia,
actually not too late to give both your gers English names, just probably they are not going to be added to BCs and ICs? Let me know cos I can loan you my naming book….
happy.gif

Connie,
Yes, Felicia and me will be stopping at 2. nice number… hahahahaha….

RE: Tired
Gwen develop a cough and running nose over the weekend and her cough been keeping her up middle of nites. So for the last 2 nites, she had been waking me up at 2-3am just to “chat” and there I was looking at the time ticking by hoping I can get back to bed sooner…so tired…</font>

<font color="aa00aa">kelcqi,
I have added June thread into my favourites folder, so everytime i just click on the link to straight away come in here.

Connie,
If i were u, i sure left my ger there crying alone. And i really did tat before. Bad mummy! Normally i'll see the situation, if at shopping centre, i'll just walk away. If at neighbourhood market or dirty, wet place, i'll carry her by force. Kids are very clever, they know how to test our limits.

Yes, can cook w porridge. The soaking time still the same. Then just pour it in when cook porridge. Normal way of cooking. If afraid the fishy smell too strong, add bit marmite. Yummy, yummy!

Just yesterday i went back home, my MIL told me my #2 suddenly had fever after her noon nap. No oth symptom, only fever. Give paracetamol 4 hrs interval, but the fever was on and off. Then midnite when i feed her med, her fever shot up to 38.2 &amp; she refused to let me sponge her. This morning was at 37.3, oso dont know wat's the root cause.
Any fever last for 5days and more shld be taken seriously, normally will ned to do blood test to check on oth possible complications,. Try to sponge her if she's ok. </font>

Tinkerbelle

The last time my boy had bronchitius it took 1 month plus to recover.

Connie

Teething fever is usually low grade around 37 degrees. If higher temp then is other reasons.

I tink some ZTP outlets are ok, some r not so good in recommending i tink.

The school put young kids at discipline chair? So young can understand meh. I tink when the kids r naughty/cry etc, is usually ignore is better i tot.

Felicia,

I feed him with a little bit of outside food, then plus some of the food in the thermos i bring out.. to keep him entertained. Nowadays he want to try watever we r eating.

My hb said restaurant is no longer a luxury eating while with ah boy cos it become v rush, no enjoy liao.

I got bring along a small toy phone to keep him entertained.. i put inside the bag i always carry out. Cheap toy phone, even if he throw on the floor also not so xin tong.

If he doesn't want to sit on high chair then i will told him he cannot eat if he dun sit. If he is hungry he will listen. If he is not so hungry, he will still refuse to sit. then i will let him sit on adult seat awhile then slowly change him to high chair when he is more calmed.

My boy can't sit the trolley for long too. dun want to hold hands too. Trying to teach him to hold hands at crowded places.

Last weekend bring him to mac, then he want to drink my ice lemon tea.. bought the apple juice for him but he not so interested. in the end bot orange juice cos the orange juice is in the same bottle/packaging as the ice lemon tea so he is more happy. But he keep playing with straw, take in and out then spray water. So my hb took away the bottle then he cry. give him back n told him not to play with straw. he repeat playing again so took back. This repeat for a few times before he guai guai agree not to play with the straw.

Felicia

haaa.. got a few times if my boy dun co-operate, for e.g. he dun want to leave his car seat when we alight car, then i will tell him we r leaving leh and pretend to close the door.. then he will cry n co-operate leh.. heee.

i dare not leave him alone crying outside bec i scare he run off, didn't follow us.. bec he like to run outside then never see if we got follow or not. so cannot let him out of sight. So will carry by force if its my hb. or if myself (no strength to carry by force), i will just hold on to his hand even if he roll on the floor until he stand up and let me hold his hand guai guai.

Felicia,
normally when dine outside I will pass
my phone to char to play. Sometimes pour
some bisuits into her bowl b let her eat lor.
Mayb u wan to try?

All,
these few days hv been a tough battle btw us
n char cos she refusesed, milk n fd. We tried
to coax her to take e med, with sweets, honey,
soyabean milk,biscuits,feizai shui,yakult all to e waste.
end up we hv to hv 2 person to hold her head, hands
n legs, 1 person will force e med down her throat.
She had been screaming n crying til no voice nw. So heartpain le. Haiz. Made me regret putiing her into all these.
But I told myself it's onli e phase n e beginning. E cc teachers said it's common for new kids to be I'll for first few wks.

Hiaz, nw char's cheek no more liao, tummy also small small le. Haiz. Heartpain.

Eve,
ya lor keeping he'd Hm to rest n not to spread e virus to
other kids lor. I am quite fedup wif kids having thick mucu
n cough still goes to cc. Haiz.

Ellysia,
hi5 lor, my boy also keep playing with the mac apple juice straw. pull out and in again. so irritating.haha.
also brought fake phone for him but he simply ignore and insist on my phone.

All,
think nowadays kids almost the same pattern huh?! im really happy to know all of you mummies.really sharing all these makes me not so kiasu and worried about my boy's behaviour. if not maybe i would have gone to speech therapist (as my boy hasnt started talking yet) or even gone to some kids psychologist for advice on his horribe behaviour. =P

Feifei,
hope char recovers soon. sigh..u must have felt bad for sending her to cc. dont worry. just a phase again lor.
I rem a cc Principal told me if kids sick must not wait till recover then send him back to CC. if not immune system hard to improve wor. so i guess parents are used to kids falling sick and still go CC bah. sigh..
btw my client who is a doc told me by 30 - 36 months is the best time for kids to attend CC as immune system would have been stronger. well...thats a doc point of view in terms of health.
but teachers think its gd to expose kids earlier to school..
so its up to us mummies to decide bah. =)

Connie
Do u know the name of the person that explain to u abt the disciplinary action? I rem asking them abt that too. One of the teachers explains that they will usually carry them and try to pacify them as they r still small. I have signed my girl up because I like Montessori way of teaching and their emphasis to learn how to read phonetically. Another most important factor is the teacher and person in charge. I find them very caring towards kids and very experienced.

However, what I feel is lacking is the facilities in terms of outdoor play. Will be better if they have an indoor playground. In fact I am looking for full day cc as my girl seldom takes nap so if she's in the cc, my mum can do her things and at the same time my girl can also mix around with other kids.

So after weighing all these factors, I have decided to sign her up mainly becos of the curriculum and the teachers. But again, have to wait and see how well my girl can adapt to this school and the teachers.

2 or 3 months ago, I have visited Centre of New Life Kindergarten. Just like you, I like the environment as it's clean and bright. My girl also likes their indoor playground very much. What I like is in the morning, the kids will assemble at the hall and books are provided for the kids to read while waiting. After a few songs, they will bring the kids up to their classroom. The classrooms are also spacious and bright. Toilets are clean too... All in all, the environment is very good.

However, I was hoping to find a school that my girl can stick with from N1 all the way to K2. The curriculum should get more academic when they reached K1. Have you talked to the principal regarding the curriculum?

Eve

Bec once u give him yr own phone, then he know he can keep insisting for yr phone. so of course he dun want his toy phone.

My colleague told me her boy only when reach 3 yr old then willing to let her hold his hand.

I read tat tts not good to expose to disease before 6 months, but its good to expose early as long as above 6 months.

feifei

Only fever then school will stop them from sending to school.

But last time my boy oough v long due to brochitus, teacher got ask us whether got see doctor or not and when can recover etc.

I dun tink is the CC tat cause the sick bec u say she is sick 1 day/2 day after CC? I read tat symptons only show up 1 week so she may have ored caught the virus 1 week before, so may not be due to cc.

felicia

Oh ya, i got also bring out a box of cut fruits along when dining out.

<font color="aa00aa">
For my ger's case, food alone cannot solve the problem, coz she'll just grab and swallow evrything. Then we dont dare to let her eat too much biscuit coz afraid too heaty.
Maybe i'm gonna try out the handphone method as mentioned by most mummies here. But my ger oso only want real hp, tats the prob. Maybe tied a string to the hp, so it wont drop to the floor? haha....

Ellysia,
My ger is a stubborn kid, much much stubborn than my #1. She'll used all kind of method in order to get what she want.

Btw, recently YuJie had this habit of biting ppl. My MIL kena once causing her shoulder with a patch of teeth marks.
Now i'm so worry she'll bite oth small kids.</font>

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

Connie,
I bot her to TCM 2 wks plus ago, den after she had her 18 mths booster, she fall ill again. Prolly caught it from my hb cos my hb caught the flu bug frm polyclinic. Someone infront was sneezing all e way, den come back next day hb sneezing all the way, n 2 days later become my gal's turn. Juz tt mayb becos of the jab, her immunity went down so the flu bug had a bigger effect on her causing her to hav bronchitis. Sigh.

One of my friend so sweet, her son oso nt well so she cooked the Wu Hua Guo with Nan Xing n Bei Xing soup and told me to bring my gal over n have it. So touched by her gesture.

I like CC with their own playground cos I feel tt it's safer for the kids. Ever since I saw a broken bottle at the playground below my mum's blk, I become so paranoid whenever it comes to public playground.

Felicia,
I've added in the thread to my fav folder also liao. Hehe. But this is my hb's pc, so I hope he dun itchy hand go n delete it.

Ellysia,
Yah, I also have the impression tt bronchitis will take very long to recover. The PD still tell me 5 days will be better. Now her medication finishing. I dunno if I should juz leave it n wait for her to recover or bring back again. The other time did u go back for more medication?

I hate the idea of my gal being on medication cos when she sweat, it smells worst than her usual sweat. From a distance I can smell it yet now sick cannot bath so often. *Yucks*

U are really a "Er Shi Si Xiao" mummy leh. Still bother to bring along cut fruits. I really look up to u. Nowadays my bag is becoming smaller n smaller cos I find it so troublesome to bring so many things out. A few occasions I kanna nag by my hb cos I only bring 1 feed of milk out n when my gal cries for 2nd feed n I dun hav, my hb hav to look for supermarket n buy new tin of formula, so kanna nag n nag by him. Haha...

Feifei,
It's a passing phrase. Speedy recovery to Char! My gal supposed to be in CC this mth, but at the rate she is sick, I think she can only admit CC next mth. I told my hb I dun intend to start work until 2 mths later cos I know chances my gal will fall sick when she first enter CC is very high. Sometimes I just hope there is some jab tt can prevent our kids from falling sick all together. They sick they suffer, but we suffer n we heartpain somemore...

Tinkerbelle

When he had bronchitius, the KKH hosp doc say the medicine will last 5 days so if 5 days got any wheezing then have to go back.

After the med finish, he still have some mild cough, we didn't bring him back to KKH. We bring him to see a normal GP. But the GP medicine is v lousy, he took and cough even more. So we stop after a few days, then bring him to see PD. After he finish the medicine from PD, cough become mild. Then i went ZTP to buy the cough tonic soup. My MIL brew and let him take for whole week. After tat no more coughing, so we let him eat watermelon (its his fav but we stop giving him when he cough), but maybe he ate too much so he started coughing again. Then we bring him to see PD. PD said is due to bad weather, haze. So give him some medicine to relieve. We then give the tonic soup also. After around 1 week he recover, when the haze lift up.

The PD we bring him is at night at SBCC at AMK.

Btw, i still bathe him as per usual even when he is sick.

Eve,
haiz. Tks alot ger! Really? I tink after her fever
subside, mayb will bring her there again on
thurs lor. But fri e cc going to close for teacher
seminar lor. It's really tough to feed char med
like dat lor, so heartpain n I am worried dat
later on char might be afraid
of med cos we use
force on her. Haiz,

tinkerbell,
u hv to be prepare lor. How's ur get nw?

All,
how do u feed ur kiddos med ?

feifei

no other way is either just to coax or by force lor.. those taste he dun like he will vomit them out.

Even the cordycep powder i have to coax him to take everyday. sometimes he not happy he will vomit or push away.

Feifei,
have u tried given char the sishen powder from eu yan sang?supp to improve appetite?
Medicine.. Umm my boy weird one leh. He seems to like medicine will go open his mouth and go arh and ask for more. But previously I also force by making him lie down and open his mouth. Very heartpain I know but still have to tk med in order to get well.
Another way I did was to let him watch his fav show then feed him raisin plus medicine lor. Maybe u can give a try?

Ellysia,
Thanks for sharing with me. Hmm, think I should juz let it be and monitor? The cough tonic soup u were toking abt, ur boy is willing to drink?

How is your boy's appetite during tat period of time, my gal's originally poor appetite took an even greater dip lately. 4 mouths n she is done. I was so fed up and kept her very hungry after 2 rejections of her cry for milk, before she guai guai polish off that pathetic bowl of porridge. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if her fm caused her to have more phelgm or nt...

Feifei,
My gal used to resist medication also. But ever since I gave her the spoon to hold n feed herself water with the med*with me holding the spoon also*, she is more willing to take. Mayb u wanna try this method so it makes Char feels more in contol?

I used to do it the forceful way oso. She see us taking the med, she ran n hide behind the rubbish bin, n cry all e way n spit out all e med. Only lately the new method of self feeding med den she is more co-operative...

My gal still coughing leh. Sian. Think tml I wanna try going to tampines mall to get the soup ellysia is toking abt. Hope she gets well soon. Urgh... I hate it when our dear kiddos fall sick!!! To think my hb still tell me babies need to fall sick to grow up when I am the one handling her n he comes home n tell me why I am so pek chek. -_-"

Morning ladies..

Today me back to office le..but char is still havign a fever of 38deg lor..so worrying leh..cough with phelgm is still there lor.. haiz..

Anyone has any good PDs to recommend?cos the PD in SK really too good biz, this wk all appts FULLY booked =(.

Eve,
haiz, we on her favourite barney lor, but when we go near to her, she run away and say NO NO liao ...Each down aft force med to her, she will pat her chest n say scare =(...

Tinkerbelle,
tks for sharing ya..Maybe i shd try wor...

Hi ladies,
Had MIA for a while..the past weekend was a horrible cos Lucas vomitted around 5 times on sat. He also had fever. Brought him to KK and he was given some meds and we could go home as he managed to hold down 2 milk feeds prior to that. After we got home, he started throwing up again 2 times and none of the medicine went in.

So we went back to KK at 1am, intending to admit him. When we reached there, the doc told us to let him try the anti-vomitting medicine, wait 1 hour after that then feed him this glucose drink every 15 min to see if he still throws up. That 2 hours was a nightmare cos we were surrounded by other vomitting kids and we also had to coax Lucas to sleep for that 1 hour and then struggle to feed him the glucose drink which he hated. Haiz...anyway, the good thing was he did not throw up after that, so we could go home. BUT, as we were about to leave the hosp, he started to have diarrhea!
sad.gif
By then it was 4am, hubby and i were both concussed.

Luckily by monday, his diarrhea has stopped and today his stools returned to normal. He has also gone back to school today.
happy.gif

But on Mon, I was infected by the stomach flu. Threw up my dinner and had stomach cramps and fever. Then yest was hubby's turn. This stomach flu thing is very contagious. My fren told me that her entire family was also infected when her daughter had it. Apparently, its important to keep washing your hands with soap, basically up the hygiene level should there be cases of stomach flu in the family.

feifei,
i can totally empathise with you. Lucas has been falling sick very often ever since he started cc. in fact, he just had fever 3 weeks ago and then this weekend again. he has already been on 2 rounds on antibiotics. and now he's still having runny nose and cough...
sad.gif
but i take it as he's building up his immunity cos the pd told me 1st 6 months will fall sick very often. sometimes i think 6 days of childcare leave is not enough lor, need like 12 days!

for feeding med, i usu resort to force. he's selective about it, he likes the cough and cold one (thank goodness) but hates the antibiotics. he will usu use his teeth to block the syringe. so no choice lor, maid will use cheese to coax him to take but he will still struggle. once he open mouth, we will pump the med in. sometimes, we also pinch his nose to make him open his mouth.

hope char will recover soon.
happy.gif
maybe u can try coaxing her with her fav food? either feed the medicine a bit by bit and give the food or feed one shot and promise the food. is she drinking well now?

Eve,
Spenser ok le ma? As in the watery stools? Sorry i din reply u cos too tired le this weekend.

felicia,
my boy will also not sit in high chair for long, depends on his mood also. but usu once he's done with his dinner, he would want to get out. the phone can only delay it slightly but doesn't work all the time leh. after a while will get bored, hehe. my boy also dun like to hold hands when we are out, just like to run amok. and he will not hesitate to lie down when he's outside so got to carry him by force. quite a nightmare bringing them out now.

feifei,
if AMK is not too far for u, i think the SBCC there is quite good. so far, the 2 pds i saw are good, Dr Puah (i think) and Dr Goh. there is also a dr vella. the good thing about this clinic is that they are open at night. u can call and make apptm first, that's wat we did the other time.

Yest MIL say her gynae called and said the recent report is not so good so today she need to rush to clinic. So we told CC that today is full day instead of half day. The school charges $35 for tat! So ex.. cos if take full day for whole mth just need to top up $50 nia.

Tera

can fully emphasize with the stomach flu incident. When my boy had LS and vomit tat time n end up dehydrated n have to admit to KK + fits.. its a nightmare lor. Till now tink of it still v scary. Tat time also spread to whole family including in laws family.

feifei

agree with Tera, the docs at SBCC at AMK r quite good.

i feed medicine with spoon. he no longer like the syringe.

Tinkerbelle

his appetite is bad during &amp; after the 5 days medicine. I even resort to giving si sen powder after he finish the medicine. Maybe need around 2 weeks for appetite to recover.

The cough soup is sweet taste. so is ok to my boy.
Simple and easy to cook. $3 per packet nia.

Ellysia,
Oh yuzhe had stomach flu before...yes, very scary lor.

Re cc
Can u pay $50 instead so that if any other days need to extend to full day it is also covered?

Hi girls,
Aiyo, so many kids seem to fall sick recently wor. Lil ZuEn was down with mild flu but receovered already. I read all the fever and LS and vomiting, I scare liao. I can imagine Lil ZuEn gg thru' those and howcranky she will be. -.o"

connie,
So you signing up with New Life? They already sent me notice to pay school fees. I will be enrolling Lil ZuEn for the morning class. The afternoon timing clashes with her nap time.
happy.gif

Tera,
Oh dear..hope lucas is recovering well too..haiz, both you and your hb must be to tired le..haiz, when kids fall sick, they xinku, parents more xinku lor..

Haiz, now when char saw us standing up and all looking at her, she get scare and standup all ready to run..she will tell us NO NO bery loud lor...then i try to say mummy hug u, she said MAI and wan to beat me =(... I used her fav sweet n biscuits to coax her, but cannot lor, she kept crying wan the biscuits onli...hiaz..then laogei til whole head all wet lor..hiaz.. When we give her water in her mug, she will look bery logn into e mug cos she scare we add e med into e water..hiaz..Anything with colour she dun wan to drink, ribena also dun wan, soya bean milk also dun wan, even her fav yakult also no no..hiaz... so really no choice hv to force feed, hold her nose..

Now i hope her fever will go down and then she be back to her normal food and milk intake lor..thats all I ask for now..so worrying..hiaz..

tell u hor, I really kinda of regret to send her to cc cos it seems like I am putting her into this kind of phobia of med lor..Before she went cc on thurs, she was perfectly ok and lively lor..Now everyday med med n more med, can see she look gong gong liao =(... Hiaz...But I know its a stage they hv to go tru lor..hiaz..

How are u feeling now? Hope u hv recover ya...Must rest more leh..

I dun mind AMK cos its less than 30min drive frm SK to AMK lor.>Can sms me the details? Tks ger..I still monitoring lor..If by tmr char still hv fever, will bring her go see leh...Its a PD clinic? Need to make appt?Long Q one?

ZuEn,
hi there...Hows this mummy doing? Today on leave?

feifei,
thanks, me better liao, but resting one more day today before going back to work tmr. the thought of the work piling up is making me super duper sianz.

poor char, sounds like she has a phobia of the med just like my boy. see already very xin tong right? its like so young must eat so many med, haiz. Lucas has a phobia of syringe, when he saw the syringe, he started to gag. so for his other med, we feed using spoon. i cannot use spoon for the antibiotic cos if it spills, we dun have extra as the antibiotics is prescribed with a specific amt.

dun beat yourself up over the sending to cc cos like what ellysia said, it may not have been due to cc, it could be purely coincidental. i am also trying to trace the cause of lucas' virus and some reports said it might take a week before the virus acts up so in my case, he could have caught it in bintan but then we cannot confirm this also. so dun feel too bad ok? soon she will build up her immunity and her body will become stronger.
happy.gif

Zuen,
hb wan to take a look first. have not make appt to view. My hb sound to me like I making my boy suffer lor. 1 moment CC n next moment pre-nursery. haha. what to do, he kept disturbing my gel n MIL kept nagging at his mischeive, no choice but to throw him into CC first.

They said the approved fee is 750 lei. so eventually they will increase to this amount when stablilise. Plus material etc, not cheap too.

Candice
I only write to test the weekend class since my boy attending CC now. The class not confirm yet. Not keen to keep switching him since he is adapting well now. He only started the CC last mth.

Think is the princile who told me abt the discipline chair. When r u starting the class?

Tera,
oh no. hope Lucas get well soon. i read liao makes me so scared.sigh the kids get sick really makes all mummies very xinku..
u must take care ah.
i think partly also due to the bad weather. one moment super duper hot, the next moment rain for a short while only.

my boy not having watery stools le but dont know what happen he kept having nightmares recently. wake up like 5 to 7 times a night. then keep asking me to carry him and want to leave the room and stand near to the window. look outside window then fell asleep loh. i suspect maybe tummy ache lo. but he kept patting his chest meaning hes scared. dont know what happened..sigh.. will monitor.

Feifei,
dont feel bad k. guess all kids will go thru loh. its a matter of time only. like what tera mentioned, take ut as building up her immune system. take care k!

HP
He have being throwing my hp v frequently lor. iphone somemore. u might want to buy original protective cover from the phone shop to protect. My cover cost $60 n can protect v well. no scratch after a yr with all the dropping throwing etc. now no warrantly liao. time to buy new one. haha.

Tera
most impt is to wash hand after change diaper after poo. Imagine my dog can also kanna the LS. so deadfull disease.

Tinklebell,
Your frien so sweet. My frien all stay rather far from me lor. The one who is nearest is single man who find lots of things to clean after cooking so rather call for delivery.

Good that u go TCM, hope can recover n booset immune system.

Felicia,
the hua jiao need to cook for 2-3 hrs but if cook wif porridge only half hr, ok meh?
My boy seem to like the soup lei, give it to him with rice at nite since he don wan meat n now got cough thus no fish.

Now can give dong chong chao?

My ger is down with fever last nite 38.9 and jst now 39.2. the pd say might have fever for 4 days follow by rashes. tmr have to do urine test. I down with cough n pheghm. Now understand why got the mother hao song. We are sick n not taking the medi cos need to take care bb when they are sick. Haiz. Not dare to let MIL n maid take care when she had fever since fever can be dangerous if beyond 40.

Not sure how she get it, might be from my son ba. Wonder should stop his CC or not since he kept bringing back disease. whenever he kanna, I will follow then my ger. But he seem to enjoy a lot there lor. If stop him now, he like v poor thing too.

connie,
oh no, your poor dog. yah man, it is a dreadful disease.

same here, when my boy gets fever, i also dun dare to let my maid take care. she always seem to feel the temp differently, when his forehead quite hot, she will tell me not hot and when not hot, she will tell me hot. cannot trust her.

my fren is also in same dilemma as u cos her daughter keeps bringing home some virus now and then to her newborn. very headache.

Eve,
thanks.
happy.gif
the night waking could be due to stomachache. are his hands cold and does he like curl up? my boy had that a few nights back when he was having diarrhea.

Tera,
tks so much for the console =)...U must take care ya...I just called home, mil told me, char just wokeup frm nap and eating some bread now, no more fever liao so I am keeping my fingers crossed lor =)...

Eve,
when your boy started to hv nitemares? Is it after Qingming starts?

Connie,
oh dear..got let ur ger take nurofen?cos its consider high fever liao wor..Poor ger...U also must take care ya..Duno y, quite alot of kiddos and mummies sick in this thread leh...

*Sweep away all the virus and germs frm the mummies and kiddos here*..
Saying bye to virus and germs..
kao_byebye.gif

Tera,
umm..didnt touch his hands leh. but now u mentioned he did curl up and hug tight to his bolster. when i put the ru yi oil on his tummy then alot of gas loh. i think tummyache bah. =( he woke up for 3x milk plus few times warm water. maybe to soothe his tummy.

Feifei,
Thats good, hope char can return to CC the soonest! =)

Umm..when is qingming huh? i think he having nightmare since last friday night. is it qingming?

<font color="aa00aa">HI Ladies,

i was at home today, taking one day MC. I think due to lack of sleep as taking care of YuJie, then i was hvin headache plus sore throat n coughing.
As her fever was up again to 38.6 yesterday afternoon, so my MIL brought her to see doc again and was given nurofen.But yest nite still consider high before she sleep and i was totally knock off and forgot to wake up at 2am to feed her med. But luckily the last feed of nurofen was effective, no fever when i woke up at 4am.
So far her temp is back to norm, just hope it wont come back.

feifei,
like what Tera mentioned, is not neccessary Char's illness was from CC coz YuJie oso dont attend CC. But of course it might oso pass from my #1 whom attend CC, but so far she's ok lah. Looks like most of the kid is hvin fever or oth sickness, so it might due to environment , the air as well.

Tera,
i can understand the situation when at KK. Remember last time i was a KK 'frequent visitor', is either twice in a month or sure a monthly visit. Everytime need to pass thru all the 'test" (urine test, glucose), the waiting time is the most terrible thing.
Well, as long as our kid is ok, i'm sure that's the most great gift for us, as a mummy.
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Connie,
wat u use to cook porridge? My MIl is using the slow cooker, which need about 2 hrs. Coz my MIL still cook till almost mashed type for my ger.
Else, u can boiled the hua jiau 1st, then only pour in the rice grain?</font>

Back