(2008/03) March 2008

Celia,
For me, first thing I'll choose is to pull out the tooth. But I'm advised I can't pull out any more molars as I've done braces before. Lol.
Me only left with 3 molars on each side top and bottom.

But where u do the Root Canal for 1k? Shucks, the dentist earned my 1 month's pay in 4days! My most memorable "purchase" ever in X'mas season...

The dentists never told me abt implants wor. But I tot they are worse? Its driving a screw through your gums leh. Then they screw a fake teeth on it.

Twinklestars,
Which Gymboree you went to? Megan looks very excited. Lol.

Phoebe just started her leopard crawl. She still prefers to be carried around. Lol. She will get to crawl position but cry for Po Po to carry. Tsk Tsk Tsk

hi kell

i think the market for root canal is abt 1k which include the crown ...

as for implant i think it refer to fixing denture permanently ..it very good cos u don need to worry abt the tooth decay as it never never decay.. haha
oh it need to driving a screw thru the gum ??? i don know... don scare me !!

I think you better check them out at the dentist's. :p If you didnt damage the root, the damage to your pocket should be minimal.
But I saw the implant cost at the dentist I go to and its abt 3k...

I paid 1.4k - might be my molar is big.
Better do soon so can recover in time for CNY goodies. Lol

bbpink
great to see the pics! u guys seemed to have lots of fun
happy.gif

wah all this dental talk is scary...i never had anything done with my teeth bfor but am hoping to fix a gap....anyway great way to lose weight though hahaha since it's too painful to eat ;)

abc
hmmm civic centre abit out of the way.... does My Gym have trial class??

linda
ada such a big girl already...kids grow so fast!! not too sure abt the resolution thingy cos hubby the one resizing the photos..i'll check with him..

kell
we brought megan to the gymboree at harbourfront centre....it's next to hwa xia....

You only need an implant if you have lost the whole tooth. Depending on how many teeth/tooth are missing, you can opt for an implant, bridge or denture. Implant is the most costly but looks like the real teeth, can't tell the difference after that. And yup, they use a screw inserted into the jaw bone and the false tooth is attached to the screw.

A root canal is just to clean the bad tooth and fill it up so that it doesn't decay further. It is often done together with a crown to cap the top of the tooth to protect it.

I haven't gone thru any of the above procedures myself but my mum's a dental assistant helping with these procedures everyday so have heard stories about how some patients come with no teeth on lower jaw and then after treatment, full set of lower teeth which look just like the real thing!

blue_skies is rite
happy.gif

celia, look at this..like u , i also scared..
strange..
http://www.singaporeimplant.com/implant-services.html

the clinic tat i saw the advert is this one
http://www.oliverdentalsurgery.com/
they claim is dif leh..the mini tooth implant, less pain

About Us

MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS – IT'S A SMALL WONDER

Imagine this: You visit your dentist at 9:30am, let him help you with a mini implant procedure that requires less than two hours, then you go out and meet your friends for lunch.

You find that you can eat comfortably, have a great conversation, laugh and talk with confidence.

You also recall that it was a painless procedure, hardly any surgery and the price was so affordable.

This is all too good to be true, you say. But, it is true. And it’s been happening to thousands of ordinary folks who decided to give the procedure a shot.

They have all benefited from the application of mini dental implants (MDI), whether for long-term support of structures such as crowns and bridges, or to stabilize dentures, especially loose lower dentures.

Rhys & James look so cool in their swim wear !
happy.gif

adelineL
yupz
happy.gif
long time since i last saw tommy!

isabella
have a speedy recovery !

simp
why not..hehe..let target a gathering at least once a month :p

Hi mummies, Isaac was sick (tio from me flu & cough) for about 3 days. Yesterday I brought him to see Chinese Doc, he's still taking med. Yes I still take him out (shopping) but didnt really dare let him get too near to people (scare he spread). He's just coughing and not sleeping well at night BUT overall he's still as naughty and active. Since he could crawl very well (I call it wings harden), he will object alot when we carry him, demanding to be "release" onto the floor for FREEDOM.
a mummy with arms-ache....

hi liyun...
haha u still latch on and off to ur boy... actually i'm pretty tired now... might consider to stop after 1 year... today my pump abt siao siao... haiz...

poshie
i am still bfing and still working! U hv my msn...

Liyun
mine oso refused to be carried but wan come down to WALK! My boy is already walking without support for few steps and with support, either with things or holding jus one hand, he can walk steadily!

BF-ing:
Now that baby have teeth.... I would very much wana stop! Its very painful when he falls asleep and accidently bites me. Worse that he's not feeling so well for the past few days, to keep me next to him for confort, he latches and refuse to let go but biting when I try to let loose. PAIN ar...

Baby walking:
I am already very stress now that he crawls... I can easily put him into a playroom (as long its FULL of toys to entertain him), and walk away, ya... he will not look for me (unless suay suay he falls lah). Mummies who think that u envy babies who starting crawling, standing, jumping, walking fast, don be... envy the fact now they cannot anyhow run and u don have to worry about this small guy's next dangours move!

abc

yr boy so clever .. can walk without support...

must be the very special moment that he can walk at 10 mths...

quick go and video-cam by using mobile .post and let us 'envy' leh....hee hee

celia
where got time to video? we will be busy pulling his hand and takign care of him so as to avoid accident. Wan to see har.. date me la.. then can see in person.. hahaha...

thermal food jar
I bought 1 recently and used it to store alex's dinner. recently I was about to serve his dinner n found his dinner smelled slightly sourish. the food has gone bad. I tot it's my cooking method. then on another occasion, I went out n brought his lunch out in it. his lunch was fine coz freshly cooked. when I went home in the afternoon, I took out the jar to wash n find the remnant has gone bad too.

I dun think the food shld go bad so soon nor its my cooking method. Is there something wrong with my thermal food jar??? any advice?

clover
so far i dun hv such problem. i am using both thermos food jar and tiger food jar... in fact for tiger food jar i find it better though much heavier. could it b u din close tight? Did u warm up the thermal food jar before putting the porridge in? when u open the food jar is the porridge still warm/hot?

abc, the brand i'm using is endo. it's closed tight, i'm sure. even if not closed tight, the food shouldn't go bad within half a day?

I never warm up the food jar. should I??? the food is warm (but not very) when I opened it. yt also bought the same brand n find the heat retention not that great.

clover
usually before i put the food in, i would put in hot water for 15min, like warming up the flask first before puring the porridge in.

so far, i also do not have such problem with the thermos foogo flask series.

Hi mummies

My boy is coming to 9mths soon. Can give baby bites biscuit bo. He only hv 2 small tooth below scared will choke. any mummy can advise

cuttie
i have been giving baby bites since 8 mth...

clover
same here as crystal. usu i heat up 15 min with warm/hot water before putting the porridge in. No problem with thermos or tiger brand.. not sure abt endo cos err... dun trust these cheappo brand..

crystal u mean u immerse the food jar in hot water or pour in hot water?

cuttie yeo, u can break up the biscuit into small chunks and test if he can take it.

Sigh andrae is only slping once a day of 1.5-2hr.. really worried he not enough slp. But lately he woke up a bit later at 830am and sleep at 9pm.

Clover
no. jus put boiled/warm water inside like how u keep porridge. Not immerse in hot water. close it.. purpose is to warm up the food jar.

clover
there is a bp for thermos. selling at $30. a very gd buy. ALternatively bp of tiger jar at $47. Tiger jar is gd investment cos it works like magic cooker... also next time alex appetite may increase then the thermos may b too small for him.

The baby bites biscuit is quite soft once it gets into contact with saliva. It should be quite safe, I didn't have problems giving it to my boy previously. Just be careful not to break up the biscuit into too small pieces because he may not know how to handle small pieces and may put the whole thing in the mouth. If it is a big piece, the whole thing cannot go in and he'll have to bite.

Other interesting snacks I've come across are the Organix range of baby snacks made from corn and rice which I thought is slightly healthier :p But it's still a snack... Only managed to find them at Tanglin Mall Marketplace, not sure if they sell it elsewhere.
http://www.organix.com/Our-Foods/Food-For-Babies/Rice-Cakes/Organic-Orange-Rice-Cakes

clover
yah, it's pour hot water into the flask. not immerse the whole flask into hot water. you try and see if this could helps?

i got thermos food flask at $28.80, from a BP but that organsier got a further discount. but $30 also not too bad. i haven get a tiger one yet cuz it's very bulky when i went to the departmental stores to see. so for now make do with the thermos one first.

abc
think i am xing fu de..
Kathlyn sleep from 9pm to 830am and after that 10 to 2pm. then awake till 9pm then sleep.
Her standard routine for sleeping.

Went for review, kathlyn belong to above average for height and her weight 8.5kg @ 9 mths.

Birthday celebration.
I am now planning kathlyn's birthday celebration liao.
Already booking aranda chalet on feb. Doing early celebration if not it will clash with my uncle's death anniversary (same day, mth and year). so cannot celebrate on exact day.

blueskies, my boy loves tat.. rice cake. abit sweet i feel. so i seldom give.
my boy eats a mixture of biscuits
- Hipp brand ruskits
- Gerber brand sweet potato stars
- Healthy Timez brand apple cinnamon teddy puff
- Organix brand orange rice cakes

i get my supply frm cold storage centrepoint or HV organic shop.

blue skies, can get at vitakids @ united square. i saw this brand there.

abc/crystal, thanks. maybe it's my method to store the food. if i buy another food jar know, my hb will sure complain. haha.

abc
i am doing fine. just that very busy and tired lately. but still dunno gender yet. see next month scan can know anot.

birthday celebration
i also started planning le. got the supplies and all. the party is held at my home. will be holding on the actual day. but most prob doing lunch else disturb people to celebrate v day. hee.

birthday planning
most prob no major bday celebration for andrae...

clover
well ask him.. would u wan yr son to hv spoiled home cooked food, unhealthy outside food or fresh home cooked food... hahaha...

Crystal
how nice to be V'day baby! hahaa..
I cannot hold at home so usually i book chalet so can play and mj also hahaa..
So excited for her birthday!

abc
did arielene had celebration?
kim had a major celebration for her 1st year so i wan fair lah.. so i doing for kathlyn if not i really tired to organise but only for 1st year lor. subsequently just family eat thats all.
I know she wont understand but have photos ma :p

birthday celebration

I hv also booked the chalet at tanah merah safra. But my hubby may be away n we might hv to cancel the chalet n make it a small one. Hv bought all the goodie bags n deco already.. Praying hard that we can hv the celebration.

adeline
seems like you more excited for the mj session. lol. jk la. how to play mj when still need to look after her lei ? i don tink i will got time to play. would be busy attending to guests and friends lei and also busy with her.

yah i too agree it's cuz it's 1st yr so i made it a major event. subsequently, would just be an immediate family dinner for celebration.

Crystal
hehee.. ya lor. can can.. can play mj de..
LAst year kim's birthday hor.. hubby and mom look after then i play. we took turns! this year also can de.. cause kathlyn have kim to entertain.
Now at home i also dun need look after them anymore. just feed and bathe. other then that they self entertain.
Hubby tell me can plan #3.. Omg!!! fainted! wait till they bigger.

Adeline
wow! thats so cool that you don have to really look after them now. my cheryl is probably very lonely so she always wants someone to look after and play with her, else she would keep calling out to us asking us to entertain her.

your hb very brave !!!

yes arielene has a major bday part but it is very tiring la... anyway wil ask hubby and see how. if wan i prob book sentosa chalet. hahahaha...

MJ
no more MJ for me cos arielene love being at MJ table... and now worse.. Andrae wun let me go. he nd me to make him slp how to MJ?

Adeline
u stop bfing already?

Playing with sibings
the two of the love playing with each other... but cos andrae love to walk cannot jus leave them on their own...

Crystal
ur #2 coming next year! Cheryl will have a partner liao heheee.. just grind ur teeth and go thru this period of time and u will taste the sweetness and the result
happy.gif

Although tough at the beginning but i never regret both age gap so close! haha..
But kim temper getting worse.. OVER jealous liao.
My hubby ah.. he used to it liao lah.. from bathing to washing poo..
Nowadays, sunday i can sleep till late late like 11am.. when i wake up, everything settle for the kids liao.. hehee..

abc
ya stop long ago. so relaxing now. can shopping, yoga.. do anything i like! even weekdays now i can go out in peace.. and kathlyn is much much more well behaved after i stop bf-ing.

Back