(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

HAHA Golden pig tat's a good one !

as long as we dun bother such old wives tales then shd b fine lor... dun do already then keep thinking of negative things tat will happened lor...

hmmm... will see how is my stamina when the time comes. Don't think i wanna be her slave for the entire day. Hahahah. Maybe I'll ask her to let me look after the ang pow box and registration table during the dinner instead.

ya lor, too many old wives tales to observe... but i think if the bride n her families don't mind and u are comfortable with it... then do it. If not, better not do it and keep worrying about it.

fishia, my hubby surname also Goh(wu). i think qq hubby surname also Goh(wu). me and my hubby also very headache of the name. my hubby nephew are named Darryl, Dylan and Douglas so we thot of giving our bb english name also starting with D. Any suggestion? we thot of Damien.

x-ray frame>>
Hmm...i just remember i walked through when i was 2mths preggy. now 5mths baby is
growing very well.

mylife, u can try this website http://chineseculture.about.com/library/name/blname.htm. its abt chinese and english name similar sounding.

wildcherry i think u better tell her u cant be jie mei cos .... maybe the guys side very rough didnt kw u preggie ... wait knock into u ..... and dec time is also quite crucial timing for us ..... hehe just a two cents worth

shooting star i oso want the pics heehee [email protected]

wildberry, ya.. being jie mei also cannot. when i get married my best friend cannot be my jie mei cos she is preggy but she attended my wedding dinner. during chinese customary, if there's preggy lady ard, ask them to hide in the room and if you need to talk, do not talk face to face. even though is rude but i believe your friends will understand after u explain to them.

shooting star, i have checked my email. i didn't received any mail from u leh. what's yr email address? i drop u an email and u reply. sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Lynn
Wah piang, you fell?? Bad start for a romantic trip. Heee...
The resort we stayed abt 30min from town, so quite sian to travel up and down. Next time I will stay in Patong beach liao. Then bring my girl there, oso quite siong. NOw I itchy backside again, feel like gg elsewhere!

shooting star, include me in ur email [email protected]

Seriously, I don't think those old wives tales are true but it's really up to individual's belief. Now looking at what u all write, I did all the no no...heehee...going to have a few weddings to attend the next few mths. When I delivered #1 still went hospital to see another forum mommy who delivered 4 days after me coz we were quite close. Haha...got some ppl even tell my hb can't take me to cinema coz too loud and may harm bb. I travelled when I was 6+ mths preggie then. This time round really wanna go somewhere but looks like no chance liao..

Any of u getting backaches? I really getting it bad and feeling so tired everyday. Din even take epidural for #1, so can't be side effects from that.

Re: weddings/newborns
These never cross my mind at all and I've already attended both! Well, i don't follow such practice so I never thought of it... my mum and MIL also never say anything leh. maybe they know i won't listen one so save their breath.. hee..

Re: Ren XXX
Wu Ren2 Qi2 - no one ride. not nice leh.
Ren2 Jun4 - hb said later not handsome then how? haha.
Ren2 Kai3 - a few friends' kids having this character already but we considering too..
Ren2 Yu3 (universe) - so far hb likes this best.. i still hope to find something nicer.

If only it's a gal, the name will be settled. Gone is my peaceful little flower bud - An1 Lei3..

Joyce,
Can consider Dan or Daniel too... I personally likes Dan.

Hi all Jan 08 mummies
I am new to this forum but i do learn a lot of knowledge from here since i get to know i m pregnant.
Hi Mei,
Do you mind to add in my details into Jan 08 list:
Nickname: Tracy lazy
Baby due date: 17 Jan 08
Gynae : Dr Adelina Wong at TMC
Email: [email protected]

fishia ya .... headache hahaha ..... i like Jia Xuan ..... sakali WU JIA XUAN my husband dun like faint he say WU JIA = no home

fishia/QQ,
Invest in a chinese dictionary...easier to find characters to match and you can find out the meaning at the same time. That's what i did. My hubby surname is Tan but in chinese it is actually Dong and not Chen. Dong also super difficult to find names...either end up sounding like an old man or will also kana make fun of. But finally I managed to settle on Dong4 Jia1 Xi1. Still got 4 more months to go, I'm sure you can find a nice name for your baby.

QQ,
mine is "Wu Ren" = no people leh.. hahaha...
your Xuan is Xuan1 or Xuan2? Zi3 xuan1 sounds nice to me...

Yvonne,
I have chinese dict. a huge one somemore. I tried but "Wu Ren" is really tough... Unless i drop Ren and use something else...

I'll go flip chinese bible, like what Golden pig suggest... See if God prompt me with anything...

Hi ernmum,

But i dun c any jan mtb is with her...
sad.gif

can you all feel it ?

I juz felt the building shake again... not that I'm dizzy... Got earthquake again izit huh?! so scary leh... the building mgmt juz made an announcement to stay calm and wait for further instructions.

chaye,
I felt the tremors as well. But my colleagues didn't feel anything...thought i was having giddy spells. I'm on the 12th floor in Raffles Place.

Fishia, Goh still ok..mine is 'Siaw' as in 'Xiao1' (ppl always make fun crazy) with the limitation of the middle name to 'Yi1' as the family has a generation name. Now waiting for my FIL to think of the last word.

Christian names we are considering:
Abel
Asher
Enoch
Nathan
Nathaniel
Still flipping bible to find a name...

shooting star, i have just checked my email but i didn't receive any mail from u. So funny....

shooting and fishia, thanks for the suggestion. will put it in the list.

joyce....thanks for the link!!

Yvonne...hmmm...wei lee sounds nice but can correspond with Rylee or not har?

warm welcome to twinkle and tracy. Wahhhh...tracy...one more addition to edd of 17jan, at delivering at TMC !!
happy.gif

sobsob...cant seem to open the link leh joyce! I found my princess' name but when i clicked it...the chinese word didnt come out!

hi sorry to interrupt, anyone here a first time mummy? (or knwo anyone who is) i have things to get rid of..if you are interested please email me at [email protected]

1. Quinny wrap baby carrier-brand new (sky blue) bought at $159 this May. Willing to get rid off at good offer price

2. First few years Baby Co- Sleeper bought at $89.90 this May. Willing to get rid of at a good offer price.

3. Caesarean abdominal/back support

4. Baby signing time AUDIO Cd

5. Calm Baby 3-in-1 Integrated Learning set

6.Avent 260ml Bts

7. Infant Neck support pillow

others please see list.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
list
MOMMIES_AND_BABIES_ITEMS_FOR_SALE-977440.doc (37.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Fishia, actually the middle name is Yi2 as in 'Xin1 kuang4 shen2 YI2' (i.e. in good spirits)so finding it tough to match..so far hearing Yi2 Kai3

mylife,
Rylee and Wei Li...sounds close enough bah? Or how about Ruo Yi? Ruo as in the singer Liu Ruo Ying?

babe,
Xiao1 Yi2 XX sounds nice. Can try Yi Wen2, Yi Jie, Yi Lun, Yi Xin...

Back