(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

eRnMum,
me done detailed scanning at KKH. gave pics ah? hmm...they took quite a lot of photos but i only took home 2. = ) have fun.

good morning ladies,

Jacelyn,

I'm going for my detail scan this friday also,

eRnMum,

NB clothes buy one set not enough right? BB needs to wear for at least 1 month?

All the best for your detail scanning, i'm also worried each time when i see my gynae, like don't know how is baby doing.

Luvv,

Where is ur detail scan at? I am doing it at NUH.
Actually i am also excited and worried for each check up.Excited as can go and see how is BB doing? Worried as is he growing healthy. Like my last appointment Dr say i have low lying placenta and low red blood cells!! This make me kinda worried.

Hi mornie to all,

Re: Scan
Will be going to Camden Medical for detailed scan this sat. Heard from the nurses that they will give us a CD after the scan & the cost of this scan is $250. A bit high hor... Hope everything will be ok & really worth the $$.. pretty excited to see BB pics
happy.gif

Re: Weight
Can i know how much weight u all have gain since preggie? Can do a quick check? Thks.

<font color="aa00aa">Me now into wk 21 - gain 3kg only</font>

My gynae say ok cos i lose weight during 1st tri & now put on plus bb also growing well..
But was a bit worried i dun eat enuff & over-eat too much..

Luvv, i only intend to buy a new born set for him/her to wear when he is discharged from hospital...after that, at home can wear bigger size...no need wear pants. airy ma...

Then 1 month that time another nice set of clothing...haha

JanBB,

Not to worry about ur weight gain. As long as ur BB is growing then is fine. Me too gain approx~3kg and now i am at 22 weeks.

jacelyn & ernmum,
thks... glad that i m not alone ; ) My appetite not huge but eat many small meals in between.

Jacelyn,

i'll be doing it at Glen E, don't worry too much, just follow the Doc's advice. Take more red meat and green leafy vegetables to get more iron.

Everytime go sure excited + worry, the 1st thing i aleays look out for is the bb's heartbeat.

i can eat....i supposed to take small meals...but i still take my three main meals...then 1 small snack (apple or biscuits)

never mind la...third trimester will gain more ah

my last weighing of weight i gained is only 1kg which is on 25 july ..... gynae say no prob abt it as long baby growing
happy.gif

my last measurement on 6th aug, already gained 2.5kg
sad.gif

deerdeer,
start to feel bb's movement more since sat, especially more after meals, normally when i'm sitting down.

JanBB,
wow, i am heavy then, i am now at 21 weeks, and have gained 4kg
sad.gif

Deerdeer,
I think I saw that at Robinsons, was thinking of getting that. Basically, they detect if the baby is still breathing.

<font face="comic sans ms">Gd morning (",)</font>

<font color="0077aa">Re: Constipation

me too, 2 days never poo & finally just now managed to push 2 hard stools (dia abt 50cents coin) and many loose stools that has accumulated during the past days i guess... the initial push was painful, i think my piles recurred due to hard pushing
sad.gif
Anyway, i felt all toxin in my body all flushed out
biggrin.gif
. Drink more apple cranberry juice helps in constipation too!</font>

<font color="ff6000">Re: NB clothes & hands me-down items

Woahh seem like alot of you olreadi stock NB clothes huh...
So far, i onli bought a set of infant (0-6mth Barney's clothing during Taka bb fair, that's all. Have not shop for rompers yet, will check out Mothercare
happy.gif

I think hands me-down items are okay if they are not too worn out/dirty. Only bb cot i get from my sister, the rest of the bulky items (stroller/playpen/sterilizer), we prefer to buy brand new cos they are either too old (pass down from relatives or frds & by then, dunno how many 3rd or 4th hands liao) Most of my frds are still using these bulky items for their toddler so it is difficult to ask from them unless they volunteer to give them away to u loh.</font>

<font color="119911">Re: detailed scan

hey i am excited & happy that most of u olreadi went for the scan & some going soon this week...seem like i am the last to go leh...wait till neck long long liao...but do share with us yr experience after yr detailed scan okay
happy.gif
</font>

deerdeer,
try to talk to bb & bb will respond ; p Saw an article that bb is able to recognise mummy voice from 5 mths onwards.

Deerdeer,

oh yah hor, i forgot, it's either breathing or heartbeart. Was quite expensive. But i dun really remember wat brand and etc. Heh. Will post again when I go Robinsons and check it out again.

Re: kick
For me, at first, is tickling feeling & sometime like bubbles in tummy. Then now, really can feel the gentle kick.

Steph when u gg for ur scan?

for NB clothing i have alot passing down oso but i bought some new one for my baby heehee ....

Re: breast pumps (BP)

Anyone has bought Tollyjoy electric breast pump? or have used b4? Izit user friendly?
I have got a 3rd hands me-down from my sis & wonder if i shld buy a new breast pump cos the rubber cup is yellowish olreadi. I oso got a 3rd hand Pigeon manual breast pump. But they all look so worn out & dusty, wonder if i shld buy new BP? Is Medela / Avent / Ameda good ? Pls advise, thanks.

QQ,
my scan on 10Sept.... my last scan was on 13Aug.

NB clothing i oso have alot of pass down so dun nid to buy new ones....maybe can buy for 12mths & above....kaisu ma
happy.gif
keke

My life,
Yup, we also need to look extra nice during pregnancy.. haha
happy.gif
Totally agree. infact should look prettier.. haha.. Think normal facial should be ok, though me still hesistating.keke. Just my nose got plenty of blackheads these days. cant wait to remove them completely. Just need to be careful of what type of cream they used. Cos afraid they use Retin A which is NO NO in pregnancy..

Lynn,
So Elias Road does ring a bell to you huh? I really loved that name too as has a very meaningful meaning and nice too.. keke. You? Have you tot of BB christian names yet?
happy.gif

hmm, my detailed scan's gonna cost $400 at Mt E... I hope that place's got fantastic machines when we go there on 12th Sept;P

gained 3kg liao... now at 19+weeks. I'm not working, and quite sedentary, no need to cook, wash or anything around the house coz now staying at parent's place (hubby's overseas on biz)... but should be ok hor?

felt little "blops" just before baby turned 4mths anywhere below the belly button, now the kicks are a little harder... sometimes when I sit down eating, reading or surfing web, i would smile to myself coz I could feel baby's kicks... so cute...

Hi Serene,
Wow, 400 is really ex lei. mine only 200 plus plus mediciation. keke. AT Tanglin shopping centre. I am also not working.. haha.. taking a rest till I deliver in Jan. Also very senang. no need do any house work as mum in law stays with us and I also have a part time maid but getting a full time only end of yr. Cool, knowing somebody not working like me... Why stay in parents house? U dun have own house.. keke. Or cos need company when hubby on biz trip.

<font color="0000ff">mummies, if u know if anyone keen to buy xbox 360 (original full package + 6 games), pls do refer me to the person. tks tks.</font>

Hi Fern and Serene,

I also not working. Haha. But need to do housework as I dun like to employ maid. So what do you do everyday? I think it's becoz of my not working, that I feel the whole pregnancy process is very slowwwwwwwwwww......... Cant wait for baby to be out
happy.gif

Hi Nexyanne and Serene,

Cool to know that you pple are not working? At least I am not the only one
happy.gif
Are you going back to the workforce next year after delivering? I am as I am really bored stiff at home. ONly can surf net, sleep, eat, and msn.. terrible! hoho. If working at least got extra maternity benefits. lol. HOw come you all not working.. keke..

Jan BB,
I still lose an overall of 1kg on my checkup on week 18 on 23th Aug. :p But bb growing well.

mummies,
I am counting down to my detailed scan next monday... I dun even have clue on boy or ger from my gynae.

Btw, like what other mummies advise, dun buy too many NB clothes, my newphew at 10 weeks already outgrown quite a few NB clothes.. that's very FAST.

mylife,
Yes Uniglo have baby section, but japanese friends comments that because it is made in China so the quality wasnt that good. I only manage to see a small section at the Uniqlo branch at Ginza.. just 1 rank of the baby romper only, all wrapped up so I can feel the quality. Anyway the selections at Ginza for adults are really a lot, and at an affordable price. :D

Baby sections are available at the following branch.
Ginza - Chua Dori 'Street'. opposite Ginza Core, & Ginza 4 Chrome Intersection. http://www.mapion.co.jp/c/f?ino=BA587905&grp=uniqlo&uc=4&scl=10000&exm=0&size=450%2C450&sfn=uniqlo_info_00&pg=1&edge=1&

Shinjuku - "Seibu-shinjuku" station (Seibu-shinjuku line), near Shijuku Prince Hotel
http://www.mapion.co.jp/c/f?ino=BA717564&grp=uniqlo&uc=4&scl=10000&exm=0&size=450%2C450&sfn=uniqlo_info_00&pg=1&edge=1 &

Ikebukuro - Near/at Sunshine city. B1
http://www.mapion.co.jp/c/f?ino=BA371877&grp=uniqlo&uc=4&scl=10000&exm=0&size=450%2C450&sfn=uniqlo_info_00&pg=1&edge=1 &

I hope this helps, let me know if u need other locations. :D

ICy,
ME have always been buying for BB at most of his clothes 3-6 months and some 0-6 months. Should I buy even bigger clothes since BB seems to outgrow them realli fast? Me bought 6-12 pants for some cos feel that pampers will make him fatter at the backside area? SOme advises please?

Fern, Serene & Nexyanne,
Me also not working. :p Are you all planning to be SAHM?

Over here, this is a serviced apartment, so I only cooked & iron. Back in sg, i suppose mother in law will do most of the housework, me normally just helped out in washing dirty dishes or sweeping the floor.

I think i can't return to work force even tho' my mil is a housewife becos she had to go Msia every school holiday.. which means i would be alone for that period. Unless I go change job and become teacher or childcare teacher etc.. which doesnt need to work during school holidays.

HI Icy,
YOu are not a singaporean are you? How come stay in serviced apt? Me will be gtg back workforce next year as mil and full time maid will be around so prefer being a career woman instead. haha. What line are you previouly in? Without mil or anyone helping can be quite hard hor? How abtt getting a maid to assist?

Me have msn: [email protected]

add me in. Whats your msn. so me can add you on my side too;)

Hi, for those who are not working.

Any good part time jobs that will employ us huh when preggie? a few hours in a week will be good.
Yupz
happy.gif

Icy, Fern & Serene,
I was already not working since last June. Was in civil service, and the pay and job sucks! Hah, my hubby says I suffer so much for little pay for what. I also damn sian of my job, so i quit loh. Now preggy, think I may stay at home to look after my baby for the 1st few years, then see how. My mum and mil are busy, so I will have no help.
sad.gif
Anyway, i always wanna look after my own kid. I see how my hubby's 2 nephews are brought up by the mil and fil, i oso scared. Juz not in tune with their ways and methods.

Fern,
I think I will mostly depends on hands-me-now clothes from this baby newphew. :p Only going to buy new ones for discharging out of hospital, CNY and Full mth. Perhaps also some general white tops from this distributor at Bugis. I heard 8 bb tops for $10. Sizing wise, I will wait & see, still dunno BB would be on the petite side or bigger size, have to wait later stage then know. :p Cos me quite petite but my hb big size lol.

I am singaporean, I quit my job ard 1.5 yrs ago to join my hb overseas. My hb will stationed in Japan until march 2008 then this expat program will be over. I stayed in a serviced apartment in Tokyo. But I would be back by Nov.

I would also prefer to go back to work, because I had always been staying with mil after the wedding, we are on nice terms but then don't think it is nice to keep "facing" each other everyday. I am previously in the advertising & designing (website) industry.. so can freelance if I wanna. With mil in sg, actually I dun need maid, just need help during school holidays because my fil also not working in sg. My mil would go and be with him. lol

My msn is [email protected].

nexyanne,
I think it is a good idea if you can afford to take care of your own bb... definately a differences in shaping bb character. I am now hoping then my hb get another expat program for 2 yrs then I can take care of my bb just on my own. :p My mil spolit my sil (14 yrs old) too much, I also get worried.

Nexyanne,
Civil Service that bad meh? Wow, you didnt work for so long. hubby didnt say anything? haha
happy.gif
Wats your hubby doing. If he can support us. good enough rite? Me just stopped working in Feb this year. Wanted abetter job. but found out preggy so decided take a break till after delivery. Me dun intend to be full time housewife as me got mil and maid so good enough. Rather work and get extra for my bb extra needs, haha
happy.gif

Hey, you got msn, me online now and quite free after lunchie so can chat. OK?

Heh, depends on which part of civil service u r in
happy.gif
was in banking for 2 years plus, before switching... managed to stay on in civil service for nearly 3 years before i finally decided enuff was enuff.. haha...

yah me on msn, [email protected]

Icy,
Yah, if hubby stationed outstaion for that long. We definately follow. Heh
happy.gif
But tokyo is a nice place though. My hubby also travels to eurpoe quite often but sad only couple of weeks. If staioned there a a year or so, i will surely follow
happy.gif
hahaha
happy.gif
Me in secretarial line, really hope to be able to get something after delivery.

My MIL also stays with us. We are ok, But I guess seeing each other too often and we bby around, I reckon that conflicts will slowly start to arise. haha. thats what happned tomost of my friends.lol. thats why me rather go back work force full time.
happy.gif
We decide to get a maid cos I feel mil cant cope with everything. Imagine, housework, cooking, babycare.. not easy. lol. FOr me I cant cook nor do housework one, YOu know what i mean.. hahaha;) bby care, me need assistance also.. haha
happy.gif
yupz
happy.gif

Woww, so happy to see many of the MTB going to join me. The SAHM club. SAHM is definately not an easy job. Can be tougher than working. But it is so rewarding to witness your child every stages of their life. Eg, 1st flap, 1st crawl, 1st step, 1st word, etc. Its so tiring and no $$ in return. But till now, I hv not regret my choice. And I consider to be blessed to be able to be a SAHM.

Back