(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Steph, yes, I want! Thanks! Will pm u my address.
happy.gif

Steph,
I did a basic health screening at Raffles Medical (Ngee Ann city branch) last year, it covered blood test for diabetes, cholestrol, platlets, urine tests, eye sight and pap smear. Although I got it FOC from insurance coy, but I think the package around $200.

Think needs to see how comprehensive you want it to be. Your budget looks alot to me.
happy.gif
Should be enough bah...

Krystle
If there r say 50 spaces left for phase 2B n for that year 60 pple apply. Wat will happen is those pv, grassroots blah blah within 1km get first. If this group say take up 45 seats. They get, the remaining 5 seats ballot. Then... If 60 are all within 1pm, all go ballot! So if u wan to pv, u better be within 2pm at least or else might not have chance if the sch v popular.

kitsune,
ok! will post out tmrl
happy.gif
foc postage lah!

krystle,
thanks! ya my sis also recommend Raffles medical or from any private hospital. Company paying for it but capped at $500 incl gst
happy.gif
my long overdue screening...

i am looking at mammogram, pelvis+abdominal ultrasound, liver+kidney function test & cancer/tumour markers etc. Usually such test package easily cost $600 to $700!

Steph
Mine is at raffles hosp also 200+. U choose i think 3 out of many area u wanna focus on. Skip the pap smear, go n attention on other area. Pap smear bo hua, can do in clinics mah

RE: GATHERING
Date - 11th feb
Time - 10 to 12noon or longer
Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - SHLD BE OK/fingerfood
2. Pixie - Confirmed/finger sandwiches
3. Tongtong - CONFIRMED/juice or salad
4. tubao -
5. mcfluffy - 1th feb right? CONFIRMED! / fingerfood

Krystle,
If rent a property near the school, there is lock in for a period of more than 1 year, meaning rental must start when child is in K2 till after P1. Must show rental contract during registration

Blackbatz,
Thanks for your comment.
But I wonder if I can hold on to my current HDB flat, then go and rent a property near the school. Do you have any idea if this is ok?

Kry renting a flat is not cheap, can be 2-3k monthly, r u sure u wan take tis option? I tot u hav relatives stayin 1km near mbs?

krystle,
Don't think there is any restriction for renting a flat.

But as aqua said, the rental is very expensive these few years. easily 2-3k, even for a 3-room HDB.

Date - 11th feb
Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
4. tubao - confirmed/ rice ball

Aqua,
Yes, I have.
So I am thinking if checking with that relative to rent a room or something. At least relative, so the rental can be negotiable??? :p

Kam,
Ya loh, rentals here are exp hoh.
I roughly checked the rental around that school, maybe $2k. I have a coll who used to rent there but now she went ahead and bought a resale HDB flat within 1km from Maha Bodhi.

Krystle,
I think your ic must reflect change of address too.

You also need to assess whether the chances of getting into Maha Bodhi is high if you rent a flat within a 1 km. If stay within 1 km and still have to ballot tooth and nail with many people, then this is not a viable option. Just take a look at Nan Chiau in Seng Kang, every year must ballot even within 1 km and competition is intense.

Blackbatz,
Ya loh, need to change address in NRIC.

Maha Bodhi used to be competitive last time but based on last 2 years' balloting results, only 10+ out of 100 will not get a place by phrase 2C. So like the chances are still there...

Really need to think seriously about it.
If I opt for buying pte property, the risk will be even higher than flat bah coz I will be stucked with it for 10, 20 years??

Krystle,
You need to 'analyse' the breakdown..like no of pupils within 1 km, no. of pupils within 2 km and no. of pupils beyond 2 km..key thing is whether there is balloting beyond 2km..

Are there many new condo developments around the area?

Blackbatz,
How to know no. of pupils within 1KM?
Currently I am within 1-2KM dist but that is not good enough because already need to ballot for those within 1KM. So my current location won't stand any chance.
sad.gif

Got new condo, euHabitat but too exp liao.
A 3-room apt is $1.2M. Haiz... And the top is end of 2016. Cannot be in time for my girl's Pri 1 reg in 2015.
Other than those, no other condo, only landed property around that area.

Tongtong, yours is direct hdb or resale? MOP starts from your second appt date when u collected the keys. Your hdb lease start date.

any mummies here wan to do PV for their pri sch choice? i am reali in dilema if i shld join pv and yet chances may nt be high too...

i wont be doing PV for the school of my choice coz never need to ballot...hurhur...the school not popular at all....

finally my browser view is fixed!! last few weeks seeing the replies all jumbled up...

anyone got good feedback whether sealy or simmons mattres is better? any lobangs wher to them at cheaper price

Aqua,
There is no PV for Maha Bodhi so no need to do.
But I am considering if I should do PV for the 2nd choice school, in case I decided not to go for Maha Bodhi... But I think last year no balloting even for 2C so I shall see how first this year.

But still not keen in doing PV. :p

Aqua, u moving house? Sold your place already? I am using Sealy, good for the back but heard Simmons is the most comfy, have not tried so not sure.

I also feel sian to be PV though the activities listed On the application form sound quite interesting. Will mull over it n discuss with hubby then see if really need bah. :p

kitsune, yes i m moving. my new plc reno lot of hiccups, i hope it can be done by end feb and i can mov by march.
happy.gif

i jzu saw the new ec launch near tampines poi ching, how nice, too bad i m stuck 5 yrs , cant move liao

Aqua, oic, good luck! Yes, the new EC we went to see showflat last Friday but disappointed with the layout (2 big balconies, the 2nd balcony behind kitchen, Living room v small, MBR also small) n distance wise, further from my house to interchange. Pricewise, not much cheaper than condo cos Sim Lian bid the land too high. Hubby doesn't like at all so not applying in the end... :p

Pauline,
nowadays new developments have big balconies and small rooms for don't know what reason! Waste of space lor

Luvv,
Agreed. The last few times when I visited the launches, the agents always told me that I could relax and enjoy the view at the balcony.

New developments do not have any yards to dry the clothes. They give you a space to install they dryer.

Luvv, blackbatz, i dun mind if balcony joined to living room cos still can consider as guest area if there is nice view but having a 2nd big balcony behind the yard is too much, not so rich to pay so much $$$ to put bamboo poles leh...

Kam
Ur hse have toaster /oven? I think I will make some muffins for our gathering one day ahead instead. No time to prepare finger food on the day itself. Then just need to warm the muffins before eating
happy.gif

How many children & adults?

dearies,

anyone of you keen to share orders with me for OPI nail colors? email me at [email protected] if you wanna share orders with me.

Go to ohbeautyshop.blogspot.com for the website and look at opi.com to see which colors you wanna order.

or if you girls want to organize an opi nail spree here amongst ourselves, can i join in then i just transfer the money for my nail colors to one of you.

SY (steph77) >>> a bit late for this reply but ION food court's food not so yummy. I think standard has dropped quite a bit since they first opened. Fishball noodles used to be good but nowadays not so anymore.

i like the taiwanese mee sua place at the basement 4 level called xiao bar wang. It's on the same row as the bak kua shop. their mee sua is nicer than the shih lin mee sua i feel.

Date - 11th feb
Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
4. tubao - confirmed/ rice ball
6. Mandy - Should be ok

Will be having gynae checkup in the morning. Will call Kam if u guys are stil around after my checkup. Can?

Pauline, what about the other way round, ie already bought DBSS, can buy foreign after that? think it should apply right. So you mean for DBSS, no MOP? ie can buy DBSS and buy private at the same time?

tongtong, pixie, steph, mcfluffy, tubao, twinkystar,

Send you a message via FB about the gathering. Hope you received it? Cos didn't hear reply from anyone :) Anyone else is interested, please PM or SMS or FB me for details, okay!

Date - 11th feb
Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - fingerfood
2. Pixie - finger sandwiches
3. Tongtong - juice or salad
4. tubao - rice ball
5. mcfluffy - muffins
6. Mandy -
7. Kam - jelly, yakult.

Kam, yea received your pm! I will bring salad, cuz i think the fresh juice will oxidise if I juice from home and bring it to your place...

Kam
I received ur MSG too
happy.gif

The mummies not swimming right? The pool is baby pool? The kids can play by themselves hor?

So excited!

Tongtomg, DBSS is still hdb flat, just that it is high class HDB flats with built in wardrobes n air con constructed by private developers. Keke. So, MOP still applies for DBSS but after 5 yrs, u can buy pte prop.
happy.gif

aiyah i want to go leh, but i have so many weekends of bring either x1 or x2 out for activities alone eg birthday bashes, housewarmings etc that my hb not happy liao, he say weekends are for family why i always sidetrack to my own personal agenda with either 1 child.....

i try to chor chor him again ok...i so wish to attend leh...
unless i bring both then let him have some rest then i think it makes a more attractive proposition to him kekekekekek....which means i will be octopus mummy

btw, happy 冬至!!!! issit today ah?
i went specially to supermarket (need to take 2 buses each trip kind; total 4 bus rides in all) to buy glutinous rice to make 汤圆 just now ler...
but happy happy buy, spent $100 on clothes (again)...going out is poison!

Pixie, today is 元宵not冬至leh. Hehe, I think your hubby doesn't like to socialize. If u bring the kids n your maid along, u won't be octopus mum.
happy.gif

pixie,
it's 元宵节 not 冬至 (冬至 is before CNY...keke wah your supermarket real far! take 2 buses to reach is troublesome. Now my place here has almost everything within 5 mins walking distance (except MRT). Told hubby if we move, have to be places as convenient as my current place, else no moving!

Kitsune
My maid likes to stay at home n chiong housework coz if we are at home she will focus on x2...feed, put her to sleep, cook her meals etc. shes very happy that we bring x2 out on weekends lol.

Luvv
Only proves my chinese is terible to d core even applicable to festivals!!
Giant@imm is 2 buses transfer away; ntuc xtra is 2 mrt stops away, got ntuc at central but i dun stay near the central so its also 2 bustops away. That ntuc v small so i didnt go there today. I wanted some retail therapy heeheee

Last time mall was just opp my blk. Cross diagonally opp nia.....sighsssssssss see the big diff now

Pixie, keke, it's ok. Your English better mah. haha, last time, my maid more happy to go out with us, tell her she stays home with baby, her face falls immediately, she needs retail therapy more than me. :p

hey mummies,
aiyah wish I can join the gathering on 11th. I already hv another gathering on tat day
sad.gif

u gals enjoy!

Hi Kam,

Dont think I will be able to join you guys cos the gynae just called to change my sat appt to later so I have to give it a miss. Enjoy....

Back