(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Kam,

Where is ur house near to? Mrt can reach or not? Cos i not driving but keen to join in the playdate. With 2 kids and helper will be quite tough if too far...

新年快乐,恭喜发财!

Looks like quiet here again, maybe many mummies are still having holidays?
I can't believe my 5 days off just came and gone!

Kitsune,
So RA and RL's CC is closed today? Can just let her play at home... Or can go Marina Bay to check out CNY Celebrations there if you want.

Krystle, end up never go anywhere. Raeanne rather stay home n watch smurf movie n ask me to cook noodles soup for her lunch. Sometimes, I think she is really like my hubby, a homebody... :p

Kitsune
Nat no Sch, hb no work. So I din let Elliot go to school. We went fren's place. CNY really passed v fast. Tmrw all go to Sch, I can R&R...
happy.gif
wonder any post CNY sale hor. So tempted to go ION.

Mom2nat,
Why do u like to shop at ION? I've only been there twice last year, one time to window shop another time was just passby. I heard that the foodcourt at basement having nice variety of food? Haiz...it has been a long long time since I shop at Orchard! Mountain tortoise me:p

Kitsune,
Both my boys back to CC today:) This new year holiday was indeed too short
sad.gif
I report to work today liao! U can bring both gals to the Bird Park if it's not too far for you. Both Z & R enjoyed the new wet & dry play area aka Birdz of Play:)

Btw, any mummies keen to bring yr child to watch the three little pigs musical by SRT at DBS Arts Centre from 2nd Mar to 15th Apr 2012? I am keen to bring my boys for test run since they love 3 little pigs characters v much & the play is only 45mins.

Steph
Oh yes, I was thinking of buying tix for a few shows, including 3 little pigs. But haven't gotten down to do it.
There are a few shops I like to go to. Ion has them, like m&s, new look n Zara next building. Also parking quite easy. I like the beef noodles at the food court too. I often go taka or raffles city too.
If u seldom go orchard, then where u shop?

Steph
I brought my girl to watch jack n the beanstalk by SRT previously. they're good, entertaining for the kids. u'll see lots of schools n cc bringing the kids for excursion to watch the play

mom2nat,
1st & 2nd March almost fully taken, even 9th March 10am slot oso fully booked!!
sad.gif
Gosh really need to buy tickets so early...no KS also cannot:p
Re:ION
parking at ION shld be quite expensive? justifiable for the things/clothes that u may buy? I shop/frequent Jurong Point/IMM most of the time. If robinsons got sales or if i needed sumthing, maybe dropby centrepoint outlet else Taka/marina sq/orchard area will be once in a blue moon de. See...i am so neighbourhood aunty liao
sad.gif

grumpus,
thanks for sharing about the gd feedback of SRT
happy.gif
So all the play are acted by the real adult performers, not puppets hor?

Good morning mummies~!

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR~! indeed the holiday was too short, hubby went back to work yesterday too.

Steph
Ion parking cheaper than taka or paragon. Free parking for 2 hrs if u spend $50 on Amex oso. Taka n paragon really zap zap my cashcard. Easily $12.
Later I go online n check. I have sso card so some shows got priority to buy, but I no time c. Oso sometimes these shows v exp. Each time I go sistic, $200+, I wan to cry Liao. So I cut back on these.

grumpus,
Is the theatre (DBS Arts Centre) big? I bot my tickets for Stall Center but is last 2 row best avail
sad.gif
wonder if my views will be blocked etc?

Steph
nope the theater is very small. shd be ok just further away. there r usually many kids watching, fewer adults so view shd be ok

hello, a quiet Monday again for the mummies? :p

Steph, been wanting to bring RA to Jurong Bird Park and esp the water play area but keep procrastinating cos of the distance and ticket fees. Already brought her to Snow City on her birthday, the ride was quite long for her and she fell asleep after asking why so far many times. haha. :p

Kitsune,
I went to Jurong Bird Park for my girl's birthday but unfortunately it rained very badly that day, we could not visit the waterplay area. Sometimes there are deals in deals.com.sg. We got our tickets at 30% so you can consider too.

hi mummies, happy cny to all! gd wealth and gd health to everyone
happy.gif

anyone got good recommendation which brand hair tonics is good? i am experiencing lots of hair loss now...

Aqua,
Hair loss due to after giving birth??
I experienced that 4 months after giving birth to my boy. Saw my hairline receeding, around the 2 edges of my fringe.

Try to take in more protein (like meat), and try some hair loss shampoo and conditioner. I used Pantene then and it did improved gradually. Now my hair is back.
happy.gif

hello mummies

happy new year!!

went to bird park on saturday. i very jialatz mummy, heres why:

i thought x1 bday is 28th and kept thinking his bday is on sat (when is actual date is 29th on sunday)....in the end took birth cert out to check...i dunno why i kept thinking its 28th leh??!!

then 29th x1 got swimming lessons so we went to bird park on 28th, brought copy of BC along, asked the lady if she could make an exception to the date as "we are having the birthday party tomorrow 29th and my son really wanted to visit the bird park and so here we are"...

failed lah

we got the bday badge, 10% off retail (didnt buy anything anyway), and foc ice-cream
water play area nice, the dry playgroun just beside the wet playground, unlike the zoo...if theres as many kids as there would be in the zoo i think it would be very crowded for the kids to enjoy the wet & dry areas all in 1 location...

but i like the dry playground very much. x2 enjoyed it as well
happy.gif

no rain....not very sunny either. the good thing is hb finally OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK to let x1 play on his own without shadowing him around. my hb likes to watch over x1 like a hawk everywhere. too kancheong at the wrong timings >_>||
he literally would stand next to x1 and fold his arms like a bodyguard, but will not join x1 in his play

Date - 5th of 11th feb

Time - 10 to 12noon or longer

Venue - Yishun (kam's new pad [her condo is not whisper, laurier, sofy ok....]) - hahaha, very funny. Don't want to say it here cos may still have strangers reading this thread leh.

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - 5,11 ok
2. Pixie - 5,11 ok
3. Tongtong - 5,11 ok
4. kitsune - pls cfm if you wanna attend if we move this to AM?
5. tubao - 5, 11 ok

Aqua,
Yes, so accurately will start hair loss from 4th mth onwards!!! I did not had that bad condition when I was having my girl. It was during my girl's Jan birthday when I saw the pics, I wanted to faint...

Anyway, I started to use Pantene from then and I think 2 mths later, the condition is back to normal. I had friends who said the usual brands are not workable for them and they used 霸王 which seemed better. Only thing was the smell was not as nice.

Pixie,
You are really cute leh. Hahaha... at least you still can enjoy the birthday perks at Jurong Bird Park. I did not know about that leh. Haiz, should have been more aware of and brought my girl's BC. And that day, my kids kena very bad mosquito bites (despite putting mosquite patches on them) until it left bad scars on their bodies and faces.
sad.gif

Hello!!

Came back liao but not back to work cos having very serious gastric flu. MC for 2 days. So will only starts work on 年初十.

My kids love the kampung life so much! Lots of space and lots of freedom! XY had HFMD on her last day of school (but no other cases at their school leh). So the first few days were quite terrible taking care a super whinny toddler. She only recovered on 年初二, still not so bad lah, and despite for not eating anything for almost 5 days, she didn't lose any weight. Hao Re was basically gone out of control - continuous munching on CNY goodies, can drinks, late nights, gaming, DVD, TV, etc. He was so happy to eat and play that he gained a lot of weight, past the 17kg mark for the first time! While for us, everytime this year, we will be thinking if we should move back to Malaysia.

Pixie,
Didn't manage to buy ba kwa for you leh. Totally sold out when I reached Ipoh on Friday morning. Next year must ask my mum to buy in advance. But I have a pack of opened one, given by our relative, if you don't mind :)

RE: GATHERING

Can we fix as follow:

Date - 11th feb

Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - 5,11 ok
2. Pixie - 5,11 ok
3. Tongtong - 5,11 ok
5. tubao - 5, 11 ok

Jacelyn,
Not near to MRT, but have bus stop just right beside, 3 bus-stops away from Yishun MRT.

We will just do a simple meet up, so the kids can play and we can chat for a while.

kam
nevermind lah, haiyoh, the effort you put in to buy bak kwa for me is oredi a surprise for me, if dont have i oredi v thankful
the unopened packet can tahan until 11th feb? or spoilt by then liao? refrigerate it, we all mummies share?

do you want us to potluck something over?

Pixie,
:) To make you happy mah. 施比受更乐也!

<font color="ff0000">RE: ZOO, BIRD PARK, NIGHT SAFARI</font>
Just received a mailer for 1-for-1 discout voucher for bird park, zoo and night safari. PM me if you want the voucher, I will forward to you, valid for the month of Feb 2012 only.

Thanks, Kam and Grumpus. 1-for-1 really a good deal, too bad it's only from Mon to Friday. Hubby can't take leave. :p

Kam, hope you are feeling better. Something you ate back home that caused the gastric flu? Sorry, don't think I can make it for 11 Feb gathering.
sad.gif
A bit too rushed for me since still need to feed the gals' their lunch before RA's music class.

Can we fix as follow:

Date - 11th feb

Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - 5,11 ok
2. Pixie - 5,11 ok
3. Tongtong - 5,11 ok
5. tubao - 5, 11 ok
6. mcfluffy - 11ok

Date - 11th feb

Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph -
2. Pixie -
3. Tongtong - CONFIRMED
4. tubao -
5. mcfluffy -

Guess what?!!! I have submitted my PV form just now!!!

Supposedly PV is now opened for year 2007 kids, but for Chongfu, PV for 2007 already closed for quite some time already, and they started to accept applications for year 2008 kids already. Meaning I would have to wait for 1 year before I hear from them. The office lady told me applications for year 2008 might be closing soon also if they have received enough applicants.

So, for those who plans to do PV, go check with the school, give them a call to enquire, before it's too late.

Date - 11th feb

Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph -
2. Pixie -
3. Tongtong - CONFIRMED
4. tubao -
5. mcfluffy - 1th feb right? CONFIRMED!
happy.gif

Yup.. potluck? Finger food? I can contribute fingerfood

tongtong,
If within 1km is phase 2C, but if do PV, then is phase 2B (hope I am correct). PV also higher chance cos usually the school will only accept the required amount of PV (not true for all school).

tongtong / mcfluffy,
Okay. Potluck would be good. Simple one would do. I won't book the club house since it's just a few of us. So can come up to my humble home for a quick munching after they exhausted themselves at the pool.

mcfluffy,
Why you have to run 2 places? The 1-for-1 deal meaning buy 1 ticket free 1 ticket for the SAME park, meaning 2 persons pay for 1 ticket to enter zoo/bird park/night safari.

Kam
wahahahha... you know what I was thinking??? I thought it was 1 for 1 PARK!!! Lolzz..
hahah.. Grumpus must be thinking why I asked such a stupid question. Heee

I wonder if any mummies heard about renting a place near the school of your choice so that you can be within 1 kim...?
I am thinking if this works... rather than buying a property?

I checked nearby properties of Maha Bodhi, all above $1M...
sad.gif

Kam, so no more vacancy after the 2B phase, then 2C phase no need to ballot liao?

FOr gathering - I'm thinking to do something simple, like fresh juice from my juicer, or salad.

Tongtong,
If no more vacancy after Phrase 2B, the registration for that school will be closed and the school will tell those in Phrase 2C to go and look for other schools. Don't waste time liao.

Krystle/ tongtong
There is equal number of spaces for phase 2b &amp; 2c. So if 2b u can't make it, U can try 2c if u within the range

ya, that's what I understood about phase 2B and 2C. Just that for 2B, the eligibility is based on PV, grassroot, etc, while for 2C is based on distance. Phase 2B a bit higher chance as not as many people are eligible and most schools do limit the number of PVs.

kitsune,
i have a coupon that entitles you to purchase up to 5 tickets at 50% discount to any one PARK entry. Valid till 31st Dec 2012. If u want, i'll post to u. PM me yr addy
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">RE: GATHERING</font>
Date - 11th feb
Venue - Yishun

Who would be interested:
1. Steph - SHLD BE OK cos my bro in law having hse warming at his Bishan condo! Yishun to Bishan...later hb nag me...run here n there:p
2. Pixie -
3. Tongtong - CONFIRMED
4. tubao -
5. mcfluffy - 1th feb right? CONFIRMED!

potluck...no time for me to prepare (rusty hands...too long never cook/bake/fry etc), can i buy fingerfood to contribute?

<font color="ff6000">Re:Health screening aka full body checkup</font>
Anyone knows/recommend any private/govt hospital for comprehensive women's health screening? Budget S$500 (inclusive gst). TIA
happy.gif

Back