(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Boring lor ! everyday nothing to do cos my current boss super independent unlike my previous very handicapped. Even 1 call I got to help him to make. Everyday stone here. I think I better change name call Sharon Stone ! lol

Please to see you back in action at this forum to keep it alive once again !

chaye
aiyoh, dun so formal lah

today my boy bad mood...
x1: today school close?
me: today school open; later u wear school uniform and mama bring u go to school ok?
x1: whines....i dun want wear school uniform...where is baby mei mei?
me: baby meimei and auntie sheryll at nai nai house, later after school nainai bring you back to her place and you can play with baby meimei lor
x1: whines....i want to sayang baby mei mei....crryyyyyy
me: ...... u want baby mei mei ah, but she at nai nai house leh. ok you want to watch little einsteins?

in the end, no wear school uniform, dun want to pee, want to take school bus to school when there no such "school bus" coz we walk less than 10mins to school.
then in the end, mama became the schoolbus, piggy back x1 and say vroom vroom all the way. i had to piggyback him and carry 2 of my own bags and his bag

very tough to be a mother sometimes hor

chaye,
thanks! I called & Triple 3 buffet dinner is $89++...OCBC 1 for 1
happy.gif

pixie,
wah ampoule sia...brand/type? are they better than mask? i am too lazy to even put moisturizer & toner, let alone mask/ampoule
sad.gif
my beauty regime simple...J&J cleanser is a must (since my school days till now) else my oily t zone sure act up!

eh u are one tough mama! We are all multi-task mama
happy.gif

steph
i buy from BP one de, next time pass u one vial to try. i think very watered down version leh. but who know..lemme try few more vials then review here lor

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5519986.html?1308023161
this is where i got my ampoule
BP org stays in JW leh! can self collect if u want too. she nice lady

chaye, luvv
not tantrums leh, i think he's just whiny coz he woke up and no one at home, everyone gone for work blah blah liao

then reached cc still whiny, gotta give him lots of hugs n kisses then can go off. say his classmates snatched away the crab. they got a new "pond" with the plastic water animals...

teacher feedback he nowadays abit abit throw tantrum or whine. i dunno why oso?? hope its just a passing phase lor

children at this age can be so losoh and whine whine whine hor.

Hey Pixie !
I bot masks from this songlim too ! Just received ytday ! Not bad. I bot 2 different types. Now preorder another placenta mask and eye mask too. Crazy liao. That's why I ask you guyz the other day what do u do after u remove the mask cos I dun usually mask at home. Her ampoule also good ? But like nobody buy leh

chaye
i bot her ampoule and the sheep mask,. sheep mask i haven try, ampoule used 1 vial liao
i dunno good or not coz today 2nd day apply only

she come back to my BP to buy stuff from me too wahahahah
we buy from each other BP

Steph
Triple 3's teppanyaki in the buffet is nice. Lunch v much cheaper than dinner I think. I m oso thinking of GG sometime this June.

Luvv, no leh, Dun know if you can see this map http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=tampines+central+cc&fb=1&gl=sg&hq=central+cc&hnear=0x31da3d043402eed1:0x8f0792a39afff4cb,Tampines&cid=0,0,12630295869893385232&ei=YgT3TaqVCIbqrQfy7JSoCA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQnwIwAA#bmb=1? I am staying at blk 704, quite ok, 5-10 mins walk away to tampines central cc. Anyway, the ntuc is there so I walk there to do my marketing quite often. Only problem is when it rains, cos not sheltered all the way mah unlike the RC playgroup at my opp blk. :p

Steph, r u treating your hubby for Father's Day dinner? I am also thinking of what to buy for hubby. Nowadays, cannot go shopping alone cos hubby cannot handle two kids at home unless it's their nap time. :p

Chaye, pixie, I used to buy a lot of ampoules from bp but always forget about them after chucking in the fridge. Wait until going to expire, then got to rush n finish them, very stressed. I still prefer to be pampered in beauty salon cos I can sleep while lying on the bed. :p anyone got good sleep mask to recommend? I want those can apply then sleep, no need to wash off type cos my skin quite dehydrated. But cannot be oily mask cos I am afraid of skin outbreaks. :p

hi kitsune, i heard good feedback abt elfa.i am sure RA n RL are in gd hands with them. cc is definitely better as they keep the children occupied whole day, while the nursery prog onli3 hrs nia, and not so academic driven- more fun n play.

i am so bored at work now. any suggestion for some baby girl names ? i duno what to name for my no2 coz i tot my no.1 name was the best leh...headache...

Hello, mummies.

Seeing some vibes here!!
I also MIA coz pretty slow in replying here... By the time I want to type something, already moving to next topic or someone had type the comments so I ended up reading most of the time.

Pixie,
Hahaha, you being the vehicle is very funny. I won't do that for my kids on the streets. :p My girl sometimes also said no strength to walk and ask me to carry her. Then I threatened back by saying she can stay there alone while I walk back home. Then she had no choice but to walk. Hhahaha.

My girl is getting very very whining too! I can't stand it!! Most of the time is want to do this, buy that, go there... I normally just shout or scold her to make her stop whining. But I know it is no good.
sad.gif
I am trying to adopt ignore method to stop the whining. Not sure if it works.

Big news from my coy! My boss is quitting and my dept is re-org. Hahaha... Now got 2 bosses, 1 local and 1 functional in US. Not good coz might kena more night calls.
sad.gif
and the future looks bleak for us as there may be job cuts.

Already told hubby and told him must get prepared for me to be SAHM. For the 1st time, he is seriously thinking of this issue (before that is escaping from reality). I think my SAHM days are coming soon...

Aqua
I find it is the opposite leh. I find cc not so academic cos a big part of the time is meal, bathe, nap n f&e. Whereas in kindergartens, if the child goes 3 hr prog, abt 2-2.5 hrs has activities. If I can tahan until next yr, E's current sch has 6 hr prog, 3.5 hrs kindy+ lunch + daily enrichments. So GG to sch from 8-2pm has more activities than a cc in the same no of hours.

But I c them fight at home daily, I wan to peng San.

mom2nat, my girl is in church nursery now, i find them very relaxed, juz coloring, sing songs n do simple craftwrk. she learnt more when she was in fullday childcare. of course, private kindy and pcf kindy operates differently n diff cc has different syllabus, so it is bes to go down personally to see the school and their coursework before u enrol ur kid.

kry, so nice to be Stay home mummy....

pixie,
thanks for the BP link! but my fridge still got several korea masks (my colleague went Korea & bought alot for me)
happy.gif
i no time/lazy/forgotton to use them
sad.gif

Mom2nat,
tks for the triple 3 feedback!
happy.gif

kitsune,
lol...not for my hb for father's day...is for my colleague farewell dinner!

Luvv,
which chalet did u book? i love the NSRCC chalet...aiming to book 6th to 8th Jan 2012 for my boys birthday celebration + family getaway (staycation)
happy.gif

krystle
wah you sounded so happy that your coy re-org lor hahaha

my boy hardly whines leh. only these few days...i tend to check with him whats wrong. usually i validate his feelings first "i know that you are feeling ______, mummy understand how you feel. can you tell mama why you are ______?"

i know i lor soh to him but it works most of the time. he can describe to me why he unhappy, mostly childish reasons lar but at least i make him think and talk properly. after validating his feelings and setting things straight then he'll stop whining liao. but then next episode comes soon after kakakak

aiyah, bo bian, i too soft on my boy perhaps?

aqua
sorry ah, your #1 whats her name? you want same sound one? oh throw us some headstart and we'll have a topic leh!!

mom2nat
fwah 6hrs prog quite intensive learning!

Hello mummies!

Same like Krystle, I have been reading on and off, but seldom post cos out of topic liao by the time I get to it :p

RE: Learning at cc
I personally felt that if the cc can schedule in about 2-3 hours of structured learning (as in sitting down to learn, excluding arts and crafts, singing, etc) a day, that's already very good, and to me, it's the optimum a 3yo kid should take. Schedule for pre-schoolers shouldn't be too tight, should they? They learn when they play too.

HR's chinese teacher in his cc told me that she noticed only 2 out of 7 kids in HR's class are able to concentrate and learn well in her class. And only these 2 are speaking mainly Chinese at home. The rest of the English speaking kids are either not interested at all, or they can't learn efficiently. Honestly, if you are serious about your kid's chinese capability, it's very important to cultivate the chinese speaking environment at home. The 1 hour they get from class is definiltey not enough. Just to share.

Kam, my girl is opposite! i tink her mandarin standard is quite good,but her english so-so nia. he chinese teacher commented that her mandarin skills are relatively better than her peers and she challenge the teacher by askingm any questions till the teacher BUAN TAHAN!
she tendS to speak broken english or singlish... strezz manz. coz sometimes, i myself also speak singlish.

Pixie, i dun mind start with G, but as long as name is short n god meaning, most important! no fanciful or too modern names

Pixie,
Yes, I am happy in a way as I see it as finally a break from work after so many years of working... Sianz of working liao.
But hoh, mentally I do wonder if I am ready to take up the challenge to be SAHM. And not forgetting the $$$ issues...
So mix feelings here and there but more towards happy to be SAHM.
happy.gif

krystle, mebe u can take a short break 3-6mths, before u jon bac the workforce!

it is always good to recharge before u embark a new journey or career
happy.gif

chaye, yep. grace has a gd meaning but does it sound too biblical?

actualli, i like a few names like claire, ariel, rachel... but all names my hb dun like...
sighs..

Aqua,
You are right!
I am considering this option too.
I am thinking if by Jan next year, there is no good job that my boss can deploy me, then maybe I request for 6 mths no-pay and give it a try. While they continue to keep a look out for me...
Jan next year, both my kids will start sch. THat is another challenge for me too.

mylife: nice meeting u and ur princess Rylee.. She so cute and speaks well.
happy.gif
The next day we went to Noah"s ark and Rayden asked "Is Rylee coming? i wan to play wif her" i will upload e pic tomoro.

pixie: i luv chendol! whr to get nice chendol?

Pauline: i find dat Langham place hotel is better if u tak supper cos by 10.30pm all e cafe and shops are closed ard our Langham hotel. In e end we went to mongkok for supper.

Kam
Yup, young kids can't Concerntrate for long. E's sch only 2.5 hrs now. I always tot sahm can teach them at home, but with 3 really no time

lynn
jurong west. u stay east, not suitable for you
right now i still havent find a stall better than the one i had in jurong west leh

hmm..i think my gal has more energy than me when it comes to home learning. after 1.5hr of home learning (we did reading n counting today), she still wanted more while i cant wait to ask her to go to bed. And its almost 11pm already. I only intend to do 15min of reading to her everyday, but its always more than 1hr everyday as she asks for more.

I finally managed to chase her to go n play toys so that i can have some rest..hehhe

Aqua, is it? That's good. For me, the teachers and environment are more impt than curriculum. Eg. I gave up on the pcf kindy near me cos the teacher in charge of pre nursery class was stuck up, stern and cold towards children, I didn't want RA to pick up the bad vibes. :p

Btw, I like Gayle cos it sounds like a happy name for a little gal.
happy.gif
I faced the same problem too when naming our no. 2, Raelynn was in our shortlist when naming RaeAnne. But if I ever do have no. 3 and another little gal, choices even more limited, think only left with Raeka or Raely. :p

Lyn, you mean Langham TST is better if you dun take supper is it since shops close at 1030pm? The shops/restaurants at Langham Place Mongkok also close at 1030-11pm. But luckily, there is a 24-hr chachanteng near Langham Place and the food is pretty good. I really love the DVD player at the hotel room though, RaeAnne was hooked onto Tarzan after visiting Disneyland. We bought the VCD (though it was in Cantonese), she enjoyed it so much though she didn't understand a single word. kekeke.

Btw, are you taking your RES course? I just did my exams last Sat & Sun, questions very tricky even though it's MCQ and short questions. Hope I can pass. :p

Kam, miss you lots, can post more mah. I also often post at night mah after putting my kids to sleep at 11+pm. They have been sleeping later n later since we went maidless.
sad.gif

Agree with you, when I was having my Real estate exams, my gals were parked at my ILs house on and off from Fri to Sunday, they spent 1-2 nights there. After that, RaeAnne came back and switched from bilingual to almost pure Mandarin. Tonight, I was looking for her half finished pack of uht milk and asked her. She said, 我放进去雪柜了. Can tell MIL's influence on her is very strong cos I always call the fridge 冰箱 and not 雪柜, kekeke.

Oh ya, thanks so much again for the HK sim card, I used it to call and sms Mylife. But sadly didn't manage to meet her. As Rylee has no school on 9 June, she changed plans to go to Disneyland with Lyn but 9 June was also our only free day. We spent 2 days at Disneyland before that. Lyn was having dinner at Disney and Rylee was having dinner at home so dinner was out. It was inconvenient for us to travel out of my hotel to meet for dessert cos both Rylee and my gals need to sleep by 9+pm plus we need to pack up to check out early for our morning flight home. I forgot to ask my hubby to check how much was the balance amt, my iphone cannot fit the normal sim card. Do you still remember when it expires? Maybe I can pass to another mummy going to HK.
happy.gif

Babyshannon, RaeAnne too. She will make me read her fav stories one after another at bedtime. Her favourite now is Tarzan after we visited the Tarzan treehouse at HK Disneyland. But she has no patience with Kumon or Sesame street activity books (even those cutting, pasting, & colouring ones), can only do 1-2 pages at most.
sad.gif

I am back! I didnt manage to meet mylife too but I meet up her hubby Ryan hahah and her sis cos they came to my hotel lobby to collect the kodomo ..... sorry Fennie our schedule tight cos of the rain
sad.gif

kitsune,
I missed having chats with all the mummies here too! I try to post lah, but not easy. By the time I put the kids to sleep and done with all the chores, it's already close to 12 midnight, and I would be dreading for some me time to read a few pages of books/magazine before turning in. On most nights, I don't switch on the PC at all, just use iPhone only. Even if I have the mood to on the PC, to do a blog post is the first priority loh cos I want to keep my blog alive.

My kids also the same leh, take forever to finally fall asleep. It's about 30min of reading (I ask them to bring 1 book each, but usually they end up bringing 4-5 books each, record was reading all 10 books in 1 night!). Then light off, and continue with another 30min or so of story telling and singing and talking. When I am tired, I would just read 1 book to them each and switch off the light despite them protesting fiercely. As much as I love this precious bonding time, but sometimes just too tired loh.

I couldn't remember the expiry date for the SIM card leh. Oh yes, please pass it on to whoever may need it, anyone.

Pauline: i met up wif Fennie on 10 June for afternoon tea, they didnt join us at disney. We left disney ard 10pm cos aft watching fireworks then we do our shopping. Both Langham TST and Langham Place Mongkok r abt e same in terms of room size and location. My sis got corporate rate for Langham tst so we tried out. my course starts on 22 June but gotta miss 2nd lesson on 24June cos gg to Sentosa wif Ray. Organised by e sch Parents and child Bonding. My hb out of town so no choice, i hav to go... How was ur no.2 during e flight? Mine was v cranky flight to hk, lucky coming back was gd he was sleeping. as for Ray, he luv e onboard entertainment and e goodies bag. Inside e bag: soft toy,memory card game, puzzle, caps, playdoh coloring activity bk and stickers.

pixie: to mi Jurong is far but for my hb is not.. Fr Pasir Ris to Woodlands also consider not far for him. He always said "Only singaporean will complain far, how big is singapore?"
do u hav e exact add at Jurong west? Is it near to city harvest church? maybe i can go tomoro.
happy.gif

krystle: Welcome to sahm!

wah positive attitude chaye!

kitsune, i agree gayle is a very nice name. aqua, can consider! i heart this name!

today im gonna snip off my hair. before i went japan i went to dye and trim. it was a horible trim, until very layered, dun like at all...must go back to my usual hairstylist n beg him to save me!!

Back