(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

hi luvvv,

your maid so clever, how she noe it cost only $3 in lucky plaza. i really think philly maid always have many request one...they always see themseleves more supreme than indo maids.

but indo sometimes IQ level can really make you puke buckets of blood....hahaha

mei,
u going for who, i'm incline towards the studio loft but theirs a bit pricey. when are you going to take? i'm planning 29th or 30th dec.

kellie,
she has sisters in sgp plus yak with my mil's maids + the maid at the pool....

Luvv
Offer her again to post office, tell her Xmas coming, u getting busy. Dun send then after new yr then go post office. Downtown nowadays jam oso.

Kellie
I agree phil maids think they higher level than indo
Ones. The prob is when the ass thinks she is the head!!!

hello mummies, I'm back from Taiwan! Had lots of fun shopping and eating.
happy.gif

Too busy the two days after coming back from Taiwan so never post in forum. Also, because too busy trying to watch online the Taiwanese drama series that I was watching in Taiwan.

Pixie you missed me? I have a post on Taiwan, can read more here http://www.anewpiggy.blogspot.com/ It's ok about the Delphin. When we touched down on Sat night, we came home and hubby instantly knew the maid had come over from MIL house to vaccuum the floor cos it was squeaky clean. Later we checked with her and she said she vacuumed then steamed the floor. No wonder so clean. kekeke. But then, it's very exp so not everyone will want to pay top $ for it. Somemore you have so many bills to pay off recently. As long as Leslie never hardsell you, and you got your porridge pot, ok liao.
happy.gif

kitsune
later i go to ur blog and @_@
btw, leslie said something made me paiseh
coz it was more than 3k (he recommended me the gold series), i was honestly thinking getting it if its lesser than 3k. so i told him and he checked ur records and cfm u got the silver series which is lesser than 3k...so he tot i will buy
buy i kept mulling over it hor, say aiyah buy liao not as though my whole family will be completely healthy from it and ive so so much bills to pay (new house, maid, x's cc fees, #2 etc etc)., so i said no...
and he very un-PR said...thats why he dun like to do daytime sales coz the sign up rate is low
i was like...WTH...u think i dont want to sign up meh...dont say this "wind breezy (feng liang hua) talk" lar, even if customers dun buy

maybe psychologically proven that human beings are more prone to impulsive shopping at NIGHT?

just my thoughts...

Luvv
Been to foto u to let david take photo for x when he is 4 mths old and last yr. Overall, he is quite ok, patient with kids, especially last yr when X is all over the place except in front of the camera, I was quite surprise to see nice photos at the end of the day. :D

Recently, I brought Crystal to baby U studio. My ger super scare of strangers so her pix mostly crying or serious look. Xavier had a better time there, even tho at first I was planning to let him take solo. That one, I like their natural background look. The photographer is korean.

re:maid
Like mom2nat, I only let my maid go post office and send by western union. She got a cheaper alternative by tt using Philippine National Bank (PNB) to remit at post office. Think the service just $5 flat, but she dont mind western union for convenience. She also start to show she really like pretty, spend her pay on beauty products, rather than sending home. hahaha..

Pixie, oic, maybe he's stating a fact lar. Daytime, everyone more 'qingxing' hahaha. But he didn't know he offended you. Did you reply him when he said that?

For me, night time sales is bad cos I want to rest and just want to get rid of 'sales pp' so that I can put my gals to sleep and rest myself. But my 'thrifty' hubby wants to get it so I was surprised too.
happy.gif

Oh ya, when I was in Taiwan. My housing agent contact smsed me that there is a real estate exam course starting this Wed. I was bugging him in Nov cos I hope I can sign up for the course while it's school hols but now found out the course is from mid Dec - end Jan and it's from 7-10pm on Mon, Wed & Fri so hubby's school hols is over. Worse, I'll end up having to fork out almost $2k for the 2 courses plus exam fee. Didn't expect it to cost so much and the course to be in weekday nights only. Don't know when I can make the $ back cos I intended to start out as part time agent first. Already told him I'll go for the course but having second thoughts again. Hiaz...

Luvv,
I am booking Hard Rock Hotel instead of Festive Hotel coz hubby said he does not like the room there.
happy.gif
I have $300+ worth of RWS vouchers so just make good use of it and book a hotel stay.
Really looking forward to it.

Your maid so demanding...? My Phil maid never asked us to bring her to anywhere to send money. She will go normally on her off day.

1. Tell your maid to go on her off day.
2. If you allow her to go off on X'mas day, then tell her that is her off-day/mth and no more off day for Dec.
3. The taking pics is a bit ridiculous and suspicious leh... Why take pics??? Better not to allow it and they are coming to your home some more....

Kitsune,
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your TW trip. Any good buys?

If the course in on weeknights, normally by then your hubby will be back home right? Or get your MIL to come over during these weeknights to jaga your girls?
Not easy to start on a new course and a totally new job. Have to think of it as an investment loh... But for real estate, it will take time coz you will need to build up your contacts too.

Krystle, yup, enjoyed the trip very much. Oh ya, skincare and make up was cheap there, cheaper than departure hall duty free at T3 (I bought SkII for myself and EA Xmas make up set for MIL). Though the kids were sick (one coughing, one diarrhoea) while we were away. Hubby say don't call back so we didn't call in 5 days. But ignorance is bliss in a way cos we can't do anything other than worry also and ILs brought them to the GP.

Yup, I was thinking that hubby will be back by then but unfortunately, he starts reservist in early Jan for 3 weeks (his camp near Tuas) so he may be home late too. I think part of me is reluctant cos of the capital investment cos I don't know if I can be successful in this area esp since I won't be earning big bucks as a part time agent mah. By right, I will be working on those 'exclusive deals' that the agency have already signed with sellers then they pass those jobs to me (they pay for advertising etc) so I only make a small fraction of the commission even if I managed to sell the house. But the good thing about this is that I don't have to spend so much time outside compared to the full time real estate agents lor.

My hubby also lar, keep asking me whether I am sure I want to do this. :p I told him if I don't do this, how to find $ for CC, the gals' piano lessons and hopefully one day, upgrade to a bigger house leh. He said if he becomes a full time tutor, can liao. :p

hi mummies,

read through the threads and alot of you seemed to have experience with maids. really need your advice.

on sat, my Indo maid suddenly came and tell me she want to go home. i ask her why, she got a lot of reasons. At first, she say becoz the work here is so easy, just eat and play, but yet she always do things wrongly and forget, and she don't like to do things wrongly, so she think better she go back.

this is the 2nd time it happened to me coz my ex Indo maid, also work 1 yr, then suddenly say want to go back coz her mother go hospital. but there was no letter, no phone call that time, how she know her mother went hospital? I questioned but no answer, so I immediately bought air tix for her to go back the next day coz my agent told me, it was near to hari raya, they always want to go back one. And since she has finished her maid loan, there is nothing we can do.

This time again, this maid worked 13 months, then tell me want to go back. Again, my agent say there is nothing we can do coz she has repaid her loan anyway. But the so-called contract is 2 yrs, then i am always at the losing end.

i am actually quite ok with this maid coz she gets along very well with my son and so far, her work is ok although she is very forgetful. And everyday, she only mop the floor and just help to see my son. she don't even need to cook or make milk for him coz this is all done by us. i was quite upset she is so irresponsible, esp when she know my mum got back problem and cannot handle my son alone so she sort of "knows" we cannot dont have a maid to help. and next yr, my son is starting school and the school is on the 2nd floor, need someone to bring/ carry him up from the 1st floor.. so i asked her can stay and help me until he settle down? she say SHE DON'T KNOW.

then my husband talked to her, she said "If can, I want to go back. If cannot, I will stay". so now, we need to find a new maid again, and the maid agency told me, now very difficult to find Indo Ex-Singapore coz they all want to go HK , Taiwan and work where they can earn $800- $1000 a month. So no one wants to come Singapore. Then if I find Phili maids, they need to have off days and also, I heard, they always have a lot of requests and becoz of this, may not be able to get along with my mum coz everyday, i bring my son to and fro my mum's place.

sad.gif

Itok
When my maid said she wanted to go back, I din ask her why. I hate to listen to excuses. No heart to work, no pt keeping. They can't think rationally like us, so dun bother, find new one.

Mom2Nat,
she always ask her sis to come my hse to get the $$ to send, this time she told me her sis not free to come by. I already gave her options, she choose not to send via post office, i will not ask her again. I can't be going all the way downtown especially for her and lugging my 2 kids.

icy,
i told her about the Pnp alternative at post office, she told me neither she nor any of her family members have the bank account in phillipines, so can't use.I told her to ask her brother or mum to open an account then she can send the money at any SAM which i happen to have 1 just opposite my house.

krystle,
She hasn't take any off yet till now. Cos her 1st off day was suppose to be in October but hubby asked her if she can don't take cos my #2 just arrived, she was okay with it. i won't be letting her off on xmas day cos i'll be having a party with my family, asked her to go on boxing day, she was okay with it too.

itok,
if the maid has no heart to stay, i will let her go. wouldn't want to take the risk of her doing anything funny / silly just to make you send her home. Try to get one now ba, phils are hard to get now since it's coming to xmas? what about getting fresh indos? best alternative i would say.

Icy,
thanks for the feedback on David @ Foto U! Do you plan to go for photoshoots every year?

Re christmas presents
what are you getting for your phil maids?

Luvv & Mom2Nat,

My initial thought is also like yours. Since you already say out that you don't want to work, then I also don't want to keep you. However, my mum need a pair of hands to help her coz she can't bend over too much eg. bathing him, going up stairs (coz my mum's place is undergoing lift upgrading now), she cannot even carry him for a short while. that was why we thought of asking her to stay and help for the meantime.

Do you have any maid agencies to recommend?

itok, long time no see. So funny hor, our kids are almost 3 years old but until now I have never seen you though we stay 2 blocks away. keke.

Luvv, I'm giving her a t shirt and some hair scrunchies cos my maid is the 'hiao' type. Also giving her a $50 bonus as Xmas pressie lar. Cos she takes good care of Raelynn. Next Mar, bringing her to Phuket somemore. But maids are the 'fan lian bu ren ren' one so I just hope she can work properly while she is here. If she really want to go back and don't want to renew contract next Aug, I'm also mentally prepared liao. :p

Itok
I go to JPB maid agency. So far ok. Sometimes not really abt which agency but ur luck. I went maid shopping, go Katong shopping centre then c which maids available at each agency. I prefer bigger agencies cos more systematic n more maid choices when u wan to change. They oso have proper training procedures, though most maids hAlf past 6 standard oso.

Kitsune
Welcome back!! U gungho leh, can dun call home!

Next week I was thinking of GG explorer kids or polliwogs on a wkday am. Anyone keen?

Mom2nat, everyday, I hinted to hubby that we never call home leh. But he feel that we call also no use. Wait if we call and RaeAnne throw tantrums or cry after hearing our voices, his parents won't be happy cos we make things difficult for them. So, I got to respect his decision lor. Also difficult to call also cos they hang up the phone in the afternoon when the children are napping and they often forget to put the phone back. :p

itok
No point keeping the maid if she had no heart to stay. My maid from phil, no off days but she no exp.. so tt why she don't mind no off. I try to bring her out as well whenever I can.

luvv
Yes, i plan a photoshoot every year. During last yr, there is some BP going on a foto u thread so I join in. With the photos, i make them into a photobook including some casual photos taken by myself.

I don't intend to buy any present for my maid this year, cos bringing her to cruise this friday with kids and pil. Something like a bonus for her.. hope she think so lah.. mine also worked with me for like 11-12 mths.

Re: Christmas presents
Not giving my maid anything too, coz we don't celebrate Christmas. I don't even give presents to my own family, let alone her. :p

Itok,
I also think better to just let her go rather than keeping her. Qns here, since she serves less than contract 2 yr (even though finished the loan), if let her go back to agent, do you still have to pay for the airtix back if the agent decided to let her go back?

Mom2nat, I was planning to go Polliwogs today and use the POSB coupon but RaeAnne still coughing so hubby say don't go first. :p

Then Wed, she will start new school liao. But everytime, tell her about the new school, she said she don't want to go new school, hiaz...

Hi krystle

My agency told me bring her back to agency also no use since she has already finished her loan. Then tell her to pay for her own air ticket back to Indonesia. They washed their hands off as long as e loan is paid.

itok,

tell u another "shocking" news... according to MOM, we are not allowed to ask the maid to pay her own tix back to indo even if she asked for early termination. I called MOM n that was wat the officer told me. i, of cos, made noise. the officer say if i insist, then i m violating the law. haiz.. the govt protect the maid more den us.

Hi Mummies,
Sorry that I MIA for such a long time. Had disappearded to Gold Coast and prior to my departure, I was swamped with work. Then went for LASIK op yesterday. Too many pages of thread for me to run through.

Hope that everyone is enjoying their holidays.

Iok,
Sorry to hear about your maid issue. I have a similar problem with my previous maid. After working for about 16 months, she said that she need sto go back cos her sis ter needs to transfer school and her father did not know how to do the transfer.

My hubby spoke to her sternly and said that it was utter rubbisdh, can get neighbours to help ro relatives to help etc. Hubby reminded her that when she need money to send back to Indo even though her loan was not repaid, we lent her the money to send home. Now that everything athome is settled, she cannot turn around and said she wants to leave early. My hubby said taht she cannot inconvenienced us as we need time to find maid etc. After all, we helped her not only once but twice.

Most of the maids want to go to HK and Taiwan after working here as the pay is a lot higher. Weather cool, can dress up also...(my previous maid even asked me to help her to order a scarf also before she went home)

kam,

have absolutely no idea what's the contract for. perhaps it is to entice the foreign workers to come to sg to work (iron rice bowl for 2 years?)

kam,

not mine. my sis's previous maid. kept asking to go back so end up my sis change maid again lor. she quite "suay" or mayb cos my parents quite niao? my sis had to keep changing maid till she can find 1 tat my parents like. she is going to change a maid again tis mth. cos the current maid cannot make it. few mths here, broke few bowls, cups, n don't even know how to cook. everyday only ask my mother for more rice more rice.. only eat n does nothing. when they go out, she will onz the tv n watch. asked her feed my nephews, she watched tv with them and forget to feed them. imagine, she can eat 3 bowls of rice per meal!

Mylvera,
Really ah? Then no point for us keeping the 2yr contract right? No wonder when we told our agent we intend to let go my current maid after 1 yr, they also never make noise.

Your sis's maid also one kind. Can eat so much...? Gosh.... I won't want to keep either (apparantly not your parents' problem).

Cannot agree more that maids working in other countries seemed to have a better life... But this is the maid employment culture here... We would want to treat them nicer and yet scared that they may not recipocrate back the kindess... Never ending cycle....

mylvera
agreed. i wonder what the contract is for. once they setteled their loan, they are FREE to go....leaving us in the lurch

its funny and frustrated coz im supposed to pick up my maid right....today aunt called me and say dun need. coz yesterday body checkup, maid = PREGGERS!!

winner lor...............................

its fate. i just laffed and move on bah

mylvera,
lol ur sis employed a 饭桶 ;p

pixie,
omg!!! hw can the maid not know? still come all d way here. sheesh!

Pixie,
Wah, big time winner leh!!! Can have such thing happening???? Like what Luca said, came all the way here and now cannot work? Dun know should say pity the maid coz she took loan liao and still cannot work to repay....

Then you just have to move on and find another maid.

luca,

she is still growing lor... tink her actual age is less den 21? cos she jz grad from college? but she lied tat her age is >21. haiz...

pixie,

take it as a blessing in disguise lor

luca, krystle, mylvera
this morning, i dunno whether to laff or cry....
actually im secretly pleased. coz to me, she came at the wrong time when im still unpacking n all with the messy house

like what mylvera said, its blessing in disguise. it all happens for a reason. my religion says its "mystic law of cause and effect" hahahaaaa.....errr..ok a bit cheem here for a bright tuesday morning

pixie,
Wah, like that also can ah!

Aiyoh, all these maid issues I read also felt so headache. I sincerely hope I would never have to deal with one, ever.

Krystle,
We also don't celebrate Christmas at all, and no christmas presents too. I thought we are the odd one out, glad to hear your family also the same :)

kam
we dont celebrate christmas too. cept my mil will have everyone gathered in her place and eat dinner (as usual) but we will have log cake and turkey n stuff. thats the only thing special

Kam,
High Five!

I also hope you don't have to deal with any maids issue in the future. I personally think you are 10x, 20x more efficient and hardworking as a super mummy and I think you will not be able to tolerate a maid's laziness and slowness in work. Hahahaha. :p

maid's schedule t

mylvera: Dat time my maid run away e embassy also told mi to buy airtix for her to go back phili.. so i bought e cheapest Jetstar tix total ard $120 wif tax.
happy.gif
In e end, i didnt pay her any salary cos i told e embassy officer dat her dental bill cost... if she stay for 2 yrs,i will pay but since she run away then i will deduct fr her salary.

Pixie: Remember to keep all dental bills, if one day she left without workin 2yrs for u then juz deduct fr her salary. i dont hav maid schedule cos my previous maid fr phli, my frz told mi they dont like schedule. For mi, vacuum & mop alt day and wash toilets also alt day
happy.gif
every morning 7am start work, 9.30pm sleep. If we went out late then she can start work late e next morning, will definitely give her 8hrs of sleep.

Maid Xmas gift: We r Christian so i got present for all maids, my sis"s maid and my mil"s maid.. now my inDo maid too.. bag, belt, clothes, nice hairband etc..
happy.gif

pixie,
Is your hub and MIL same religion as you?

krsytle,
Hi-5!!

No lah. At times when I was really tired, I really wish I could just sit there and someone will do the chores for me. But I just cannot see how can I fix in a maid into my household. Cos we won't be possibly leaving the kids at home with the maid since we don't have elderly to supervise. So they still have to go cc/nanny. Then at night, I only need to do cooking and washing up, and laundry once every 2 days. I couldn't be having a maid and she only needs to work one hour per day? And on weekends, we go out almost every week, and I would be so unhappy to lugging a maid along for family outing and we have no place to deposit her. So no choice, have to do things on my own, and wait for the few months when my parents would come to stay with us to enjoy my "holiday" :)

Kam: How is Ubin now? Pram friendly? Cos my last visit was last yr May wen i was pregnant wif Serg went there to cycle... wanna to bring both babies there
happy.gif
cos i luv e place there, i was a kampong girl. i stayed wif my grandparents in Tekong during wkends wen young..

mylvera: my previous phil maid also eat a lot of rice cos i told her my hubby overseas so no need cook his dinner but i got a shock wen i open e rice cooker, i thot maybe she forgot my hb overseas okie never mind told her if she cant finish then tomoro we cook fried rice but nothing left..

pixie: omg! maid pregnant??!

Lynn,
We didn't bring pram. Cos we cycled, and the kids were seated on the child seat. It's nice! We love it too cos we are also from kampung. And we are glad that the kids love it too! The cycling route/road is okay though have to go up and down slopes, and the strech leading to Chek Jawa is rough and bumpy and pretty challenging. Lots of mosquitoes! luckily only HR got it, XY didn't get it, cos we forgot to bring/apply repellent. I only realised last night that we were tanned!

Some photos at my blog - http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-first-trip-to-pulau-ubin-and.html

pixie, omg, your maid is preggie! You r really lucky to discover early before she is officially under your charge.

kam, krystle, I am not Christian but I asked hubby to buy a christmas tree after Raeanne is born. cos even schools n companies have Xmas parties n exchange pressies so to me Xmas is a social event, not a religious one. After all, who doesn't like pressies ESP it is year end n got bonus. hehe.

Btw, decided to defer the real estate course to end dec cos that intake is 10-1pm on tues n thurs. hubby said better for us cos can just ask mil to bring raeanne home after class on tues n thurs.

Just brot my kids to the dentist. So glad Elliot is receptive and only consultation, cos his teeth ok, no need cleaning or filling.

Pixie
Wah piang, preg maid!! Then she waste her airfare.

Blackbatz
How's goldcoast? My fren just came back on Sun.
Ay, you just lasik, pls dun use computer, v glaring, not good. I did mine last yr, such a blessing!

kam
nope, im the only soka person in my hb's and my own family. my hb very anti-religion (all sorts)

mom2nat
huh E is so young, need filling mehhhhhhh

kam
i have exactly the same thoughts as you about the maid issue
thing is, my hb n mil dont like my children to be in cc (x is exception because of the 2 newborns), so a maid makes more sense. its just the $$ paid for infant care = maid fees....

i oso asked my hb yesterday - if we go out, we must bring our maid along ah? i super sianz leh....dont like at all. heng i'll be facing her at night for few hours, morning 1 hour, and weekends only....

mom2nat (our official maid consultant)
go out bring maid along or let her stay home better?

Pixie
My fren's kid 3 yr old, already got tooth decay!! This dentist at least not so costly. the previous one I brot my gal to, each time $200+... imagine 3 of us see, peng san!

My mil used to believe in Soka for v long, but now we all christian liao
happy.gif

mom2nat
omgosh u r scaring me...i oso very scared X got tooth decay leh....on sunday, he ate oreos and refused to let me brush his molars (stuck with oreos). i only managed to half them out after much struggles and kept asking him to gargle and drink water before bed

Back