(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

hihi,

me counting to the end of my confinement. Hurray....Want to ask if any one of u using Standchart for their CDA account. Actually got any main difference of the 2 banks anot?

Actually dun really fancy OCBC but if its more convenient, will use it for sure lah..

Kam, last night put raeanne to bed at 945pm n she only slept at 12 midnight!?! Because she napped from 130pm to 5pm. They will not wake her up lor n if she fidgets on the netted bouncer they will only rock her back to sleep. I so sian to put her there sometimes cos I have to suffer after that.

See how, if can get lift from Mylife then i bring both gals. If not then Bo bian Liao. Without hubby support, also quite tough to go so far. :p

Pauline: How come it is tough to look after 2 kids when you have maid? is it because you do pumping as well? I am just curious so I can learn for myself.

Just read your blog re grammatical error, I have been reading around and many advises are not to correct our kids when they speak wrongly. It's not a good time to bog her down with complicated rules as she just has begun feeling comfortable with verbal capabilities to experiment with combining words to form sentences.

For example: when you she ask you "where airplane", you can say: "Yeah, where is airplane?" and slowly she will follow and she'll eventually make sense of her non-sensical native tongue. Don't say: No, you are wrong. It should be "where is airplane" ;-)

elmo,
Aiyo, you also got caught ah, so unfortunate. I always look out for the TP cos it's me who doesn't belt up most of the time, cos I need to attend to my girl at the back and my boy in front. Gonna be extra careful liao.

kitsune,
For me, I thought HR must have me to accompany him to go to sleep. But after my mum left, I just can't do it, too tiring and stressful for me. So hubby took over the job. Yes, HR cried for the first few nights. But hubby comforted him, talked to him, after that, he has no problem sleeping on time every night with hubby. It's a BIG relief for me, though I felt sad (cos it seemed that it's me who think that he MUST have me, but apparently daddy can do the same job) that I cannot put my boy to bed anymore (or till I can be "detached" from my girl) and I do miss hugging him to sleep A LOT!

tongtong,
This is the extract from the TP website http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Faq/seatbeltfaq.htm#size

What if my child is below 8, but big-sized. Does he still have to wear a child restraint?
>>In such cases, children should use booster seats to raise their height to the level where they can safely use adult seat belts. Traffic Police will exercise flexibility in these cases.

Thanks Kam. It says to use booster seat to use the rear seat belts issit? not in the middle right?

Kam, if HR is belted in front, then you don’t need to look after him liao n just concentrate on your gal right?

Re booster seat
my girl still hasn't reach 15kg yet, so can't use booster seat, can i check with those who use booster seats whether it's comfortable to sleep in?

pixie,
I'm interested in the CB bp. Do you know how the aromatherapy sprizter works? And which sunscreen is better? The Everyday one or No Fragrance? Paiseh hor, so many questions
happy.gif

I recently bought the Aloe Vera cream from Watsons for $29.90...so heartpain to see the bp selling at $17 only
sad.gif
We brought B swimming last week and he kena the "heat rash" again next day...we're wondering if he's actually allergic to the Coppertone kids sunscreen??

Blessedbaby yup cos I pump as well n I need to massage n press boobs very often to prevent blocked ducts. Also raeanne eats n sleeps very little. Sometimes she can wake up after just 30 mins then I got to try n put her back in bed again. :p

kam hubby was putting her to sleep initially but he always let her tire herself out n cry n scream. Before he carry nopst her to sleep usually around 11+pm. I dun like her to sleep so late lor, that's why I take over again. :p

yvonne
aromatherapy sprizter = you spritz into the air like some aromatherapy air refreshner. its good for tired, cranky or sick children (flu, haze etc) coz the aromatherapy calms you down...errr same theory as adult aromatherapy oils?

sunscreen = everyday is more popular but no fragrance is more for sensitive skin because it contains no fragrance

fyi, my sis says that the spritz is quite popular and she receives feedback from mummies that its quite effective.
she is OOS for the calming one but overtired & cold she still got stock

maybe can use to calm B? since u getting pek chek liao hoho (*j/k)

finally managed to talk to boss. She respects my decision ( yeah!!!), but asked me to train the new person first then go. so all in all i got to stay for 3 more months.. dunno whether i can tahan or not...? Another way is to continue taking every friday off..

tongtong,
WOW...congrats! so yr boss accepted yr resignation & after 3 more mths u'll bid bye bye? Though i am not sahm but hopefully one day i can be given a choice to try out too! *big fat dream*:p

kam,
huh..not sure leh...me confused...so tongtong gonna..
1) take LONG no pay leave after 3 more mths or
2) QUIT after 3 more mths?
and she'll
1) look for new opportunity (new job/manage her own business) or
2) be sahm temporary?

Steph/Kam, thanks! Not taking unpaid leave liao. Just wanna leave clean, without any commitment to the work. Cant imagine how high the mountain is if I were to take a few months unpaid leave and come back!!

So I can only leave 3 mths later because HR needs to source for replacement +/- 2 months. Then I got to train him/her for 1 month. So total 3 mths!

3 mths later, SAHM temporary while looking for new opportunity at my own pace.

ACTUALLY I TOT SHE WILL ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION TODAY AND I COUNT DOWN 1 MTH TO LAST DAY!

pixie,
Thanks! Maybe I can use it to calm myself...hahaha! Will you be able to pass the items to me next wed or should I post my order in the bp??

yvonne
i dunno if what you want are all ready stock so u need to post in bp and i let my sis know that i collect yours from her this weekend then can pass u wed
else need to wait for stock to arrive then i pass u

we stay near so sure got chance to meet lar

Thanks pixie. I want to get the No Fragrance sunscreen and spritz for flu and colds
happy.gif
I will post in her bp later.

hi sorry to interrupt
I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Prices nego. Thanks

kam, elmo,

forgot to mention, just now lunch went with my colls to The Big Mattel Toy Moving Out Sale at Lok Yang Way. We were disappointed cos all four of us walk away empty-handed
sad.gif
This time the toy sales is located indoor area (non air-con abit stuffy) unlike previous yrs which was in the outdoor with canopy or portable shelter.

Toys featuring Fisher Price, Hot Wheels, Barbie, Matchbox and other international branded toys from $2 onwards BUT mostly very dusty, dirty, damaged boxes/packaging etc.
Participating products include:
- Collectibles
- Arts & Crafts
- Action Figures
- Educational Toys
- Infant Toys & Accessories
- Fisher Price Baby Gear Display Sets
- Casio Calculators
- Earphones/ Headphones
- Hand-held Electronics Games
- Sony Camera Accessories
- Electronic Keyboards
- LCD TVs
- Teaching Aids
You will mislead to think that there are alot of variety to choose from but mostly not really suitable for our tods, more for babies i guess. Some products/toys are not really cheap & the box already badly damaged (dented & torn) but they are still selling it for $50 or $70! They are oso selling display items like bouncers for $40 & all were so old & ultra dirty...i wonder who's willing to buy it home for their baby...erkkk. Not worth it to make a trip in my opinion. Spend your precious time doing some fun activity with your family instead! or go to Taka bb fair, at least the air there is so so much better & fresh! Gosh my nose still itch till now leh...all the dust!

Hi Steph,

Aiyo....then can forget about going liao. No point wasting time to travel all the way and come back empty handed. Thanks for the updates
happy.gif

steph,
Thanks for the update. Oh so bad ah. Cos I heard some Sep09 have got some good buys and some even went back again. But ya, they all said it's super dirty and dusty. That's why I am still thinking should I bring HR along or not. Ok, think I shouldn't go. Buy from kiddy palace better. They are also having 15% (non-members) and 20% (members) storewide sales.

tongtong,
No more liao. Expired.

Oh forgot to tell you. I got the fruits from BP already. Ordered $60 of fruit to qualify for the free delivery. Fruits are ok.

<font color="aa00aa"> Hi Mummies,</font>

Thanks Kam for the email update.

JanBB,

You going ar? Bringing Jayden and Jayna or just Jayden?

Steph,

What about you?

Steph haha so qiao. I just went n came back here. Bought a display infant to toddler bouncer for $30 n a fisher price leraning home for $150 n a Barney radio for $5. Condition of bouncer was quite good cos it is wrapped up in plastic n material Was not faded. But still got the maid to wash it once we came back.
happy.gif

Violetice,
U are refering to the gathering at SOL cafe?
Yup, will be joining but will reach there later cos' Jayden got class until 11am. Only bring Jayden alone, can't handle 2 kids by myself ;)

U joining?? Take leave lah...so long never see u &amp; Ian since last yr rite??

Steph,
U not going ah?? Join us ah... we can share cab, kekeke ;)

Kam,
I will be taking cab... where is SOL cafe exactly? Inside Turf City?? Anybody going from the west?? Sob sob..most of u can go together... so nice... STEPH STEPH STEPH...dear neighbour..u ONZ??

Btw, Kam why not we go &amp; take a look at the sale @ lok yang after the gathering? They will replenish stock every few day. I got many good buy from there every yr ;) If u free, scroll down my blog.. every yr we bot so much stuff (mostly FP) from there &amp; up till today #1 is still playing &amp; passing down to #2 too ^.^

Ya, true..there are some stock that look dusty...but some are really CHEAP &amp; Good loh... box dirty never mind.. as long as the toy can work... Some more we can buy new toys for our #2 since steph mentioned some are for babies ;p If can't get anything also fine as Lok Yang is in the west...can detour back home anytime ;)

violetIce,
yoyo...welcome back!
happy.gif

Gotta give 24th Mar gathering a miss cos my co having exhibition at S'pore expo &amp; it happened to be the 1st day of the event so i can't take leave
sad.gif

kitsune,
ahh..i know the FP learning home for $150...i've been eyeing that since the last Mattel sales! It is the only decent (clean) packaging that looks pretty new &amp; acceptable to me
happy.gif
The rest either the price too high still or too dusty/dirty liao:p But the learning home is too bulky &amp; hb sure nag cos living rm &amp; store rm already packed with full of toys...cannot imagine another big addition...RA &amp; RL really xin fu woh! Next time invite my Z &amp; R over to yr hse &amp; play can...hehe
happy.gif

Dear janbb neighbour,
sob sob...wish to join but couldn't
sad.gif

hey this time the mattel sales is abit different from previous yrs leh (all my 4 colls agreed). Of course there were acceptable condition box/packaging but price wise not very cheap though...i remembered i saw a FP potty at $35 while another potty that c/w musical cost $50 leh! To me still ex...me cheapo mummy:p
But ok lah...since Lok Yang is in the west, can drop by &amp; hopefully u get to catch gd buy again
happy.gif
But don't bring the kids cos the ventilation really not gd for them.

Steph, I see, yup, for us it was a very long drive from Tampines to Lok Yang lor and it is our first time there. I thought hubby wouldn't allow me to buy the Learning Home too but surprisingly he didn't complain. He just said you want to buy then buy lor when I told him I think RaeAnne will enjoy it. Welcome, welcome please feel free to bring Z &amp; R over. Here are pixs of the gals with our FP loot.
happy.gif
http://anewpiggy.blogspot.com/2010/03/mattel-toys-warehouse-sale.html

kitsune
we're renting a Toyota Altis so shud be ok to fit u in...discounting the baby seat that Rylee is going to be in. But both ur maid and urself will need to sit behind (prob a bit squeezy with the car seat Rylee is in) since both of u will be carrying a baby each (RA and RL) cos front seat wont allow baby rite?

Steph
Aiyah...will miss u again!
sad.gif

Violetice
come come! I have not seen Ian before!
happy.gif

mylife
come back soon~~~~ heehee
yesterday was only telling my hb "my hkg friend coming back again, yay!" he rolled eyes at my exuberance LOL

Morning all!

Steph,
Aiyo, I have to bring HR to go leh, is the Mattel place really so bad? Maybe drop by for a quick 10-15min, would it be bad for HR?

JanBB,
I think I would go. If you want, we can go together, cos we are the "Westerner" mah, if no good buys, then we just go home lor. I can drive you there and drive you home (if Luca and tongtong don't want to follow me :))

Morning, mummies.
happy.gif

Very happy that I managed to watch a Jap movie yesterday! Finally!!! Coz finding hard to squeeze time out, especially at this time without a maid. MIL was not too happy lah... she joking said want to be like CC, charge us $1/mth for fetching kids late. :p

LOOking forward to my leave tomorrow! Have not taken leave for the past mth! Also Disney on Ice! And tomorrow is also hubby's birthday.

Pixie,
I watched Kaiji @ Downtown East. Not bad lah. Now I suddenly into such storyline drama. Also watching Jap drama, Liar Game, online. But the cinema is pretty small. We managed to grab the last available couple seats and only $6/pax.. Cheap cheap.

Kam,

For awhile ok lah, HR very guai so no prob. If Z then cannot cos he will very sure wanna touch all the dirty &amp; dusty toys that are placed on the wooden platform abv floor level &amp; is within their reach!

ksrytle,
Wah, so nice, couple seat somemore :) Last time we can hug hug and hold hands while watching movies, now each of us have to carry a kid when we go to cinema, so hold and hug our kids instead :)

pixie,
Thougth a lot of furniture shops everywhere. Sungai Kadut for wholeselling/factory outlet price? I don't know much cos we got ours from JB :)

Steph,
Thanks. Sure he will touch here touch there also. Have to remember to bring a bottle of water/wet tissue to clean his hands after that. Nowadays bringing him to KP is such a chore, he would glue to the toys, and refuse to leave. But somehow hubby is able to presuade him :)

I am actually looking for some play pretend kind of toys for HR. Those in M'sia very cheap, but I don't like the quality. See can get some good ones from FP or not.

The $150 set that Kitsune bought, what's the normal retail price huh? Do you know? Since you have been eyeing for it.

tongtong / Luca,
You wanna tag along to go to the Mattel toy sales on Wednesday?

Kam,
My hubby not romantic one. NExt to us, there was this couple where the girl practically leaned on her bf and they hugged thruout the show. So I thot "nan de" have couple seat so I moved closely to hubby... He said"why sit so close to me?"... I was like .... Then I moved back. Sian... Just watched my show. Cannot imagine he is a Pisces like me loh. Not romantic at all!!!!

krystle
ur story very the funny
my hb oso not that romantic.........
eg i call him "laugong" he will say "yes?"
i need to call him 3 x laugong (purposely) before he will remember; "oh, laupor!"
he cannot remember to call me laupor

Kam,

hehe Z would also glued to the toys at KP. I bought an electronic keyboard ($13.90 made in china) from KP for him last wk cos i saw him playing with it (display pc)...using his fingers to explore the differnt note that the keyboard can produce (the bigger version of the electronic keyboard which cost $49++ type) but too bulky for beginners like him so i bought a small one of different model that has got no display pc to try out the sound it produce. Went back home try it out...hiyo...the notes produced from the electronic keyboard was out of tune leh...volume were so loud (can be adjusted BUT once u off the keyboard &amp; on again, the volume is set back to default mode...that's superb loud...i hate it (irritating) &amp; i think it's pretty bad for our tod's hearing! Hmm...bad choice but luckily it's cheap!

Oh the FP learning home i think i saw fr somewhere the retail price was $199? So $150 consider "can buy" la...that's why i think n think n think till now...haha
happy.gif

hey LOL at krystle...my hb oso said same thing to me, "why sit so close to me?"...that was many many yrs ago in the cinema! Our last recent movie was Avatar. See..so ke lian
sad.gif
Is Sagittarius supposed to be romantic?

Back