(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Jess,
I got it from my PD. After every visit, the nurses will give me a few packs, I normally collect them and keep.. useful when on tour. :D

tongtong
i also joined lei.. how come i dun haf.. hiyo.

icy
i see.. nice of the nurses to give
happy.gif
hee. i agree.. gd to keep for travelling
happy.gif
do note the expiry date wor~

been off the thread for 2 days and had just managed to catch up on all the postings.

Re: hot/cold.
I prefer cold and always love those winter clothings but yet to have chance to wear them cos had never been to countries during the snowing season yet. The most in Oct in Switzerland but not so cold enuff. Hubby cant take extreme cold and hot so he is in between. Baby perspires alot so he scared of hot bah.

Re: Salary
Any one here still got AWS? Previous job do have, after retrenchment, my current package have so add up pay increment little bit. I am in the financial sector.

I am getting scared now...my operation is nearing...next wed, on my hubby's bd. :s

Re: hot/cold
Cold!!! Can't stand summer!

Re: Salary
Hmmmm.... good idea. I shall ask hb if I get AWS this yr! Wat if he say I am retrenched from my job (sahm)? Faintz...

<font color="aa00aa">RE: Genting Trip</font>

Thinking of bringing Ian to Genting end of the year. Any Mummy tried bringing a tod before? Would it be better by car, coach or plane?

Janbb,
When I was working, of course no allowance from hubby lah. Now that I'm SAHM, hubby gives me an allowance to cover my insurance, my mum's allowance, groceries, my boy's expenses and a little bit left for myself. It's just enough only lah...but at least I don't have to touch my savings lor. And hubby takes care of all other household expenses. Now not working, I also paiseh to ask for more money to spend on shopping, etc.

Thanks, everyone for advice and concern.
happy.gif
Went to Hock Hwa and bought the 珍珠川贝 (sales lady told me it's top grade) 南杏, 北杏 and some chinese 鸭梨 (more cooling she said). Also bought flumicil satchets and the nasal spray that Yvonne recommended. Only let her try Flumicil so far cos she napped from 2-5pm. By the time, she woke up, time for fever med liao so can't take TCM. If she can nap better, hope it means that she is getting better. Fever peaks are slightly better too, around 37.9 to 38.1.

Will boil the soup for her tom. The nasal spray the pharmacist must ask her to spit out the phelgm which she can't or ask her to blow her nose (which she refuse to do) so I'm not sure how to administer it. Maybe plan B bah.

Wanted to buy the Ba bao shan but the EYS lady recommend me the Hou ning which costs $66+ for a small bottle of powder (can only take 2 times). Hubby said try other methods first. He said rather bring her to see TCM dr if fever comes down and cough is not ok.

I very stupid leh, never negotiate for allowance before I quit. Only make hubby promise to bring me on holidays, at least 1 time a year. But hubby does transfer lump sum of $ to me from time to time cos most of my exp are for our gal and I often buy from BP and overseas sprees so need to transfer $ from my own account. :p

Paging for Mom2Nat,

Hey, remember u mentioned b4 that yr #1 very sticky, must sleep with you and even when sleeping that time must be touching you still, and frequently wake up at night to check you're still there?
Just wanna check, is she still sleeping with you? How you managed to get her to sleep on her own and when did she grow out of waking up at night ah?

My girl is still sleeping with me and refuses to sleep on her own. She wakes up averagely 2-3 times a night just to check on me or reposition herself so that she is sleeping 'glued' to me....

grumpus, my gal has exactly the same prob with yr gal. She must sleep next to me or on my hand. She also spot check me in the middle of nite. Even when I wake up to go toilet, she will wail also. Sometimes I wonder did she ever sleep?

gd morning mummies

tongtong
its okie... i switched to dumex mamil gold for Javier already. Thanks
happy.gif

Violetice
i just came back from Genting 2 weeks ago by coach. not much of a problem for Javier. so just go ahead with ur plan. Have fun
happy.gif

VioletIce,
I brought my son to Genting when he had not turn 1 yet. At that time, going by coach still can survive. Cos he duno how to walk yet then. Haha. Nowadays...I really don't know. Depends on how active you think Ian is??

I think driving is faster than coach by a bit...do you guys drive up there before? IF yes then maybe wanna consider driving. More own time own target.

morning mummies!

kam, steph, tongtong
yah i was a sickly child. got well when i started sec school. but after o levels, 1 fateful outing with my classmates spoilt everything. caught in the rain. reached home fever blah blah then every yr end i will be very sick. i see tcm before leh. say must eat more meat. but im not a meaty person....so...haha just take vitamins lor. ok one lah. being ill is part of our lives right?
talking about this, i oredi missed out a lot of xmas and new yr (aka 1st jan) parties due to this liao...my happening teenager years *wails*sobz* all gone just like that

nez
i got 1 sachet and my boy dont take enfa liao. if want then i give u lah

JanBB,

I've not really been reading much of the forum, but I've seen that you mentioned you are stopping work?? How come? Decided to be a stay home mum for good?

grumpus,
30&amp; of your last drawn pay is reasonable. My "SAHM contract" also pay abt this rate. A bit worry not enuff to spend cos' don't feel good to use my personal savings, haha ;)

ylim,
Wah, you still give your mum allowance after being sahm. My allowance will cover my insurance, weekday meals &amp; transport &amp; savings if possible. The rest of the children &amp; home expenses all from hubby. Now I'm still deciding whether i shld con't to give my mum some allowance or not. Hai, now not using my hard earn $$, cannot anyhow spend as i wish. Scare hubby will nag nag nag.

violetice,
We self-drive to Genting before. If u are comfortable to travel at nite, that's the best time cos our toddler will be sleeping thru' out. Think Ian will sure enjoy the themepark ;)

Hi Hammies,
I have applied 1 year unpaid leave to take care of my kids ;) Joining SAHM club tmr onwards ;)
Giving myself a year to try out. Very fortunate that my HR boss &amp; direct boss told me that if i decide to come back earlier than 1 yr, i can juz inform them. I'm so happy to hear that ;p

violetice,
hee, i'm going genting with my gal and family this dec. We're going to drive up for the first time because i doubt my gal can sit through the coach ride.

JanBB,
what made you want to take unpaid leave ah?

I considered before but think I will die without working! And my mum won't need me at home.. she will think i'm just idling at home, distrubing her. keke.

Kam,

Can I ask how much EBM do u feed yr gal whenshe is one mth old? Cos I am thinking of bringing my gal out after confinement n leaving my boy with my MIL at times.

Janbb,
My mum has never worked after she got married so no money or CPF to rely on plus my dad just passed away. It's not much lah so I still insist on giving her.

mcfluffy,
Some unhappy issues hv happened at my mum's hse which has made my hubby &amp; i came to this decision. Anyway, on 2nd thot, both my children are so young plus hubby strongly support this decision. If i can spend time with them, why not? It was me who kept postponing this plan again &amp; again.

Actually, i myself dun even know that i can do a good job or not. There are so much fear &amp; worries at first. But after making firm decision, i'm now looking forward to the bonding time with kids ;) Have even came up with a weekday schedule for yr 2010 to ensure that i did not waste my unpaid leave doing nothing at home.

janbb
can lar can lar, we all got faith in you.
remember, all mummies are the "sun" of the family so everyone in the family depends on you to have a dynamic family. horrr........
i oso wish i SAHM but my hb's pay sure cant feed the whole family. i earn more than my hb :-(

btw, talking about mummies; yest nite the neighbours above my unit had a shouting match. i think the teenager daughter was angry at her mom for something. either 1 was so hysterical that she was hyperventilating.
to cut the long story short, this was what i heard:
D:"you dont treat me like human"
M: "you cannot say that you know, what do you mean by that"
D: "you xxxx (cant make out words from her sobbings) and then you xxx, i not human meh"
pause........
M: "when you are a mother liao then you will know why i did that"

that made me think about MY turbulent times i had with my scary mom. when she said that to me, all i wanted was MY way and not her way. who cares about when im all grown up?
i doubt teenagers nowadays wants to hear that last sentence from their mothers. i told my hb that and he said i dunno what really happened, cannot judge like that. all i know is, this is not a very constructive sentence and if i were the mummy, i would have listen to her crying and grumbling than to give this answer that no teenagers will comprehend

sorry long post again. a lot on my mind.

pixie, i also dream of being Stay home mum, but finance does nt allow. my hubby pay is nt enuff to giv his parent allowances, support car n housing loan coz i also earn more than him.

sometimes, i wish he can be stay home dad, at least my girl can grow up with his daddy love everyday...

aqua
join de club......i bet a lot of mummies face that. so for those SAHMs, count urselves very very de lucky coz not all mummies got this choice of YES or NO

pixie, ya lor..v envious! at least SAHMs no need to worry abt finances, can concentrate on their kids... wat u say is very true, they are the LUCKY ONES!

Pixie,
Yes, agree. Sometimes "No Choice" is better than "Given options to choose". Dun need to crack our brains to make decision... life will juz goes on. This is lucky too!! If my children are well-taken care by caregiver, i think i will still prefer to work.

Your "teenage vs mum" convesation has reminded me of my past... was at this rebellious stage before... So scared that next time our children will treat us like this..heart sure broken until chui chui...

janbb
now times changed liao, we say this sentence to our kids next time, they dunch care you at all. nowadays parenting method cannot use the old tricks liao. very tough hor?

Kam, thanks! Hopefully my boy will be willing to take the EBM.

I wish to be a SAHM too! Too bad, hb says we have too many liabilities to pay, so cannot.

TT also very glue to me ... she even tell us where to sleep .... now my hubby is sleeping on her mattress (by order from her) hahaha and both of us on the bed *LOL*

unable to be sahm (but want to be):
pixie
aqua
shannonbaby

bo liao hohoho
actually sahm very tough job. but i dont mind no off day, no mc, no pay etc just to see my kids grow up

qq, my girl also insist to sleep next to me on bed! my poop hubby been sleeping the mattress ever since she was 6mths old! sometimes, my girl even grab my hubby bloster coz she dun like her 'small bloster' . she prf to use our adult size one! hohooo

Pixie &amp; Kam,
thks for your encouragement;)

QQ,
J also very demanding... so much so that we can only sleep at our original position (i.e left side - hubby, right side - me &amp; in between - J) Faint!! My hubby can't even help me to carry my bag. He will keep saying "ma's bag" &amp; make me carry my stuff myself ;(

Re: Birthday Bash
Count on the rest of you like pixie, grumpus &amp; kam to coordinate oki... Msg my HP if got any changes, thks. I have prepared the labels &amp; hopefully no more additional. If last min got some more mummies &amp; toddlers, we will juz write on the label ba. If possible, muz remind me to bring along too, so scared i forget, haha ;)

Is it something wrong with FB?? Can't upload any photos. I have tried to do it the whole morning. Need help, anyone? Thks ;)

Janbb, hahah we use to sleep like this ..... ever since she hurt her toe hubby say let her sleep on the bed with me ... from then she so use to have her papa sleep on the floor and both of us sleep on bed. funny thing is we have so much space le she still sleep on my pillow beside me so close to me somemore ... sometime i wanna make a turn I must be careful haha

Hi mummies
Xavier is having a fever now. In what condition then I can send him to KK? I actually brought him to the PD yesterday and she say he had viral fever.

Last night, there is a point of time where he is shivering and the thermometer measured 36.7 only, which is impossible cos his head and neck very hot and legs and hands very cold.

His temperature hover around 38-39+ even after pandol and burofen. I search the guideline for emergency at KK but his case doesnt seemed to be it. So kind of worry now. oh ya, and consider the fact that we were overseas 1 week ago...

Icy,
Viral infection usually cos high fever (>38.5C). Is he behaving normal? Still active? Is the temp going down after feeding med? If your answers are no to all 3 questions, better send him to see doc again.

Icy,
Suggest you bring Xavier to KK now. They will do a check on his BP &amp; let him take med there. You will need to stay there for at least 1hr to sponge him &amp; monitor his temp there. The doc will allow you to lve only if temp reduce. If still persists, they may do further test. Is a one time payment of $80.00 nett.

Thanks Kam!
I think I better monitor somemore before deciding. There is some improvement, he is actually better than last night.

Today, He is crying and fussing a lot. Only active for a while, but now he only sit down at the sofa and lean against me, refusing milk and take some porridge. The temperature did drop but never below 38.3 yet. But he is sweating a lot now, hopefully it will make his temperature drop somemore.

JanBB,
Thanks for the info. Fortunately hb can take leave today, both of us have sleepless night yesterday. I let him take some more porridge first then monitor again. Will send him off to KK if the temp can go up 39 degree.

Jess,
Shag ah.. he fall sick when my pil and sil is out of sg for the first day. I just hope it is not something too serious until I can't take care of him myself.

Anyway seemed like when preggy, immune system seemed better.

Back