(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

baby rejecting plain porridge

Can I check if any mummy little darling now reject porridge? My son nowadays doesn't really like porridge. I have put in chicken stock, fish + green veg already. All he is keen on eating is my home-made tomato pasta sauce with porridge or ABC pasta. I made 2 versions, both he also wants n even claps hands when we feed him. But I worry if I feed him tomato-based stuff every day, it will be bad for him.

How huh?

<font color="0000ff">Mom2Nat,</font>

My God! Your MIL used what to "look after" Elliot? Her "sixth" sense? If I were you, I'll be hopping mad, I tell you! Argh. Poor Elliot. Cannot imagined the shock you and your hubby had when you both realized it. *shakes her head*

<font color="0000ff">Angelsky,</font>
kao_clap.gif

<font color="ff0000">CONGRATULATIONS!, happy for you. Take care of yourself.</font>

mom2nat!!!
OMG!!!! Eat Poo????? Pengz! If i were u, i would have scream bloody murder at my MIL liao! But heng he ok huh? Did u bring him go see doc or something??

angelsky!
wow! CONGRATS yah! hehe. That time u were still saying u wan to bring her to HK??

aqua
how on earth u all know who got preggie one? hehe. If i get preggie, no one will know hahahahaha

mcfluffy
me like u, would like to try #2 only when #1 more stable cos mine very clingy and fussy. I wont know how to handle her if i preggie! Plus my mom ah, kept "threatening" me with emotional blackmail, she discourage me to get #2, say if i get preggie, she will pack up and leave, cos very stressed wor...so i must plan IF really she leave, then i must handle Rylee and my tummy!

valencia!
long time no hear from u ah! Haha. Thanks for quick advice. But my hubby complained say i love Rylee more now wor....why i scared leh...cos my mom said, last time no kid, i doted on my doggie a lot, now got kid, full attention on kid, less attention on doggie...which sadly, is true....
sad.gif

Angelsky,

Congrats!!! Take care of yourself, now you have 2 to take care already.

Angelsky is preggy mummy #6, who's #7 next..haha

mylife,
love will grow and multiply, don't worry about it!

Hi Mummies,
Thread has certainly been active for the past few days. MIA for a few days cos went to Phuket with the kids. It was Zachary's maiden trip on the plane. My #1 certainly enjoyed this trip as compared to his HK trip in May. My boys came back sporting a tan. Zachary enjoyed dipping in the sea water. It was no joke eating with the baby around cos most restaurants don't have proper high chairs for babies (no safety belt or barrier), unless u are eating at the hotel restaurants.

Everything went well until we reached Singapore, a car rammed into the back of the taxi which was ferrying us home. Worst, it was raining heavily this afternoon. Luckily, none of us were hurt. Zach cried when he heard the loud bang.

Angelsky,
Congratulations! Take care!

Mylife,
When I was pregnant, the protuding tummy seems to irritate my #1. #1 was also very clingy to me and insists that I carried him. Now it's really happy when I see how both of them enjoy each other's company.

Mom2nat,
I would have freaked out. For me, sometimes I seriously doubt my mum's ability to see without her glasses. She's highly short sighted. So I wonder how she stopped my son from stuffing his mouth.

angelsky
COngrats!!
You are a SAHM right? HOw are you gg to cope with 2 kids? YOu have a helper?
MOst of the time, I find tat working moms will have another child first, then SAHM. Cos being SAHM v siong ah.

mylife
No bring see doc. He seems ok. Actually Nat oso took poo b4. Long long time ago, Nat pooed into her clothes, then my dear hb, soaked the clothes without rinsing out the poo! Then Nat crawed into the toilet, picked up the shirt and sucked on it!! Faint hor... Haha....

Blackbatz
You brought 2 kids to HK ah? Must be so tiring.

Anyone gg bb prom today 1215pm? Me gg...

mylife,
If u r pregnant, u tell any of us, then got people know liao loh. hehe How come ur mum discourage you to have another kid 1, so bad!

angelsky,
Congrats! Take care ya.

Who else is trying for another kid?
happy.gif

mom2nat
ai, u let all your kids eat poo huh. u are the champion, hands down....

blackbatz
ah, enjoy phuket more than HK?! then u wasted your $$ on HK liao ley... i think u only brought #1 to HK right? ErnMum was the one to bring both to HK.. I will be next... wish me the best!!

Angelsky
woo hoo CONGRATS.. u must be so happy to strike... long distance BD? hee hee.

mcfluffy
anymore wisdom teeth? take out all at 1 go, then your face just swell once and finish liao.

re: older folks can't take care of babies
>>> U notice that older folks tend to lose their sense of smell first? Earlier this year, so many times my baby poo in the diaper, they didn't realise it. Until i came home &amp; carried him then i smelled. Then they will be very shocked, or they will find it amusing that he poo in the diaper and the poo all dried up against his butt. AIYO.

hi, those of u who hv my hp number, could u pls send me an SMS with your name coz my hp busted and all my contact list *gone*

tks

HI guyz
can I chk, do you guyz play game in office ? I have got a new asst here for few weeks but she has been playing games cos the workload is not that heavy cos most of the ppl are on leave... shd I tell her not to play game huh? I personally find it very bad to play game during office hour... it's work ethic ma. surf net or read a book is fine to me ...

wat do u guyz think huh ?

to me, surf net, read book and play games is same hahaha.

give her work to do!! ask her to look busy o'wise she may be made redundant.

<font color="ff6000">angelsky,

CONGRATS!!! So happy for u
happy.gif
</font>

Updates...Ox Babies
#1 - yunbb - #3boy EDD Dec08
#2 - joyce - #2boy EDD Feb09
#3 - steph - #2boy EDD Mar09
#4 - Janbb - #2?? EDD Jul09
#5 - tracy - #2?? EDD Jul09
#6 - angelsky - #2?? EDD Aug09
#7 - mylvera #3 Jia You!

wendyg

But I'm also very "eng" lei .. my work is enuf to fill me for now cos most of ppl not around...

chaye
create some work for her to do! decorate the office for christmas, brainstorm for gift exchange project smthg..

Ai yo Elliot so cute *kiss Kiss* eat tou fu ....

Angelsky CONGRATSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I so excited when our fellow Jan mummy preggy for #2 or 3

Mom2nat,
I brought both to Phuket. No.2 only pay $30 for the fare. He was quite well behave on the plane.

Yep, it's quite siong. Luckily, my parents were with me. So we took turns to carry no. 2 at times. Otehrwise, just push him around his stroller. Even cry also ignore him. After 5 minutes, he will stop.

Wendyg,
#1 packed his "luggage" many days before his trip. The night before the trip, he even reminded me to pack his spades and pails. It was wrapped in a plastic bag and I almost forgot. Upon reaching, he asked for the pool and the beach immediately. The next morning, he was the first to wake up cos he wanted to head for the beach.

Both of them slept through the journey back to Singapore.

Blackbatz,
looks like u've an easy trip bringing children along for holiday. ur #1 so on ar, hehe hw old is he?

got any photos to see? upload here leh
happy.gif

luca
Yah, my #1 was a very fussy (actually still IS) newborn. Colicky, reflux, cry a lot kind. My mom is those easily stressed kind. She sees me so cham, here pain there pain, told me it's best to hv only one can liao. Cos I don't let maid handle baby. Cos my maid very stupid (I'm thinking of changing) plus I'm SAHM mah. Don't wish to hv baby preferring maid to me next time. So I tackle and hands on everything lo. And my mom see me Cham will feel stressed or rather "obliged" to help me lo. So she said if I decide to hv #2, I'm on my own, she will leave "no eyes see"! I think she meant well lah, just tat she uses wrong tactic bah...

Wendy
Nope rylee doesn't use mittens or gloves outside...it's not THAT cold yet. But this weekend supposedly temp will drop to as low as 11c. Will let u know.
happy.gif

Blackbatz
Can #2 walk already? Ur trip sounds fun. What do u feed #2 during the trip? I see many of u feeding adult food liao...me paranoid of MSG n salt leh

Luca,
Very on ah, today asked me to bring him to Palawan Beach. No.1 is 5 years old la.So can more or less take care of himself. The sad part is, my hubby and I didn't get to use the hotel pool and jacuzzi at all.

Photos?? Let me figure out how to upload.

The resturant staff are usually quite nice. Will carry and play with the baby. So the guests can eat in peace.

Must take turns to look after kids. Managed to squeeze in 2 visits to the spa. Phew!

Mylife,
#2 cannot walk yet. I got to hold his armpits and let him step on the sand. I feed him all the Heinz food and milk on the trip. Silly me brought 10 bottles there, scared that cannot find. Turned out they have a huge Carrefour at Patong Beach. Can get anything and everything u need.

Why are u changing ur maid?

eh Chaye .. I play game in office leh .. cos my GM say hor .... u finish your work whatever u wanna do he bo chup de as long work is deliver heehee

mylife,
i can understand how ur mum feels. but not all kids are the same lar.

Are u the health conscious type?

My maid is too "clever", she often suggests this and that s if she's the employer, sometimes i juz bo chap her, but cant stand her at times. Anyway, her contract is ending soon in 5mths time, juz bear with it for the time being.

Blackbatz,
Are u on facebook?

Congrats to all preggy mummies!!!
So nice.... Sorta miss being preggers... heehee
Can u imagine, a year back, we were all huge and abt to pop! :eek:)

Congrats to all preggy mummies!
happy.gif
Miss being preggie too.
happy.gif

Steph, Yunbb's baby is still mouse. Not ox yet.

Wa, mylife, 11 deg ah, never mind already bring long johns for RaeAnne, kiasu.
happy.gif

hey Kitsune
i read there was a recent strike by HK cabbies affected airport area... hope things are fine for u this weekend... ENJOY your holiday!!

Wendyg, Wah, lucky I kiasu, taking hotel-airport transfer instead of own arrangments. Thanks, will see if I survive this trip. hohoho.
happy.gif

violetice
Well, tats why pple say if other pple look after your kids, you gotta close 1 eye. Actually, she doesn't really look after my kids, more like "look" only lor. Now you know why I rather be SAHM, but sometimes no choice I need mil to come help me watch over maid and bb.

blackbatz
I wanna travel, but feel bad to leave #2 behind. But bring him really slows down the journey. Even gg to taka to watch the show I already so tired out. This weekend again a packed weekend for me. Did you bring your maid to Phuket?

Mom2nat,
True la. Cannot have an eventful day. After beach and pool,must bring them back to hotel to shower and change. By then, they are tired and gotta let them sleep. That's when I go for my massages.

Then when they wake up, No. 2 would be hungry and got to feed him first. So our lunch is usually around 2 plus.

Initially wanted to bring maid along but my hotel doesn't allow additional bed. If bring her, must book 3 rooms. Very expensive. So left her with my MIL.

blackbatz
Yah lor, everytime I think abt travelling need to bring maid I sian. You had your massages in the hotel or the shops? which hotel you stayed in? I went Phuket last Oct, I was preg then, so din massage.

On leave today to do my x'mas shopping...so much to catch up here.

wendyg,
Same here, my in-laws (whole family) alo cannot smell his poo until I come and fetch my boy in the evening. Once I carry him I will say he pooed and they still ask got meh?? faint.

Anyone's baby has dropped the last milk feed before bed?? My boy has been rejecting his last feed, usually around 9pm, for the past 4-5 days. He usually has dinner around 7.30 to 8pm but normally just yogurt or cereal. Eversince he dropped his last feed I try to give him something more filling for his dinner. His bedtime routine also sort of changed liao. Nowadays he will play with us even though he's tired and will only sleep when we off the TV and lights. I tried giving him the bottle after he sleeps but he also reject.

blackbatz
dont even get me started on my maid's problems...next time then poe bah.

luca
yah, sometimes too clever also no good...haiz...get good maid like even more difficult than strike toto like dat. What do u mean by health conscious type? Admittedly, when Rylee was first born, i think i was a bit scared, everything also must clean properly. Very paranoid. Cos brought her to HK mah...feel guilty cos here pollution very bad. Now i'm more relaxed liao.

MOm2nat
then bring #2 along lah...now more grown up liao, shd be easier

kitsune/wendy
taxi resolve liao lah. They on strike cos govt wants to raise taxi fare, they scared if raised some more, no one wans to take cab liao. I was telling my sis, only in HK these things happen. If in Sg, dan gu gu. Raise taxi fare, taxi drivers will be happy.

Mom2nat,
I stayed at Holiday Inn at Patong Cos they have the kids club and kids pool. It was recommended by friends too. Although Patong is very glitzy, I stayed for the convenience. Can find food easily. Don't want to drag the whole family around to search for food. Two years ago, I stayed at Karon Beach. Very deserted.

On the second day, I had my massage at Aspara cos I couldn't find the decent one which my friend was talking about. Then I realised it was right behind Holiday Inn. Std is comparable to Aspara. Very clean and zen. Definitely, cheaper too. 1200 baht nett for 1 hr of aromatherapy massage. It's a stylish building squashed between the other funny "spa". The spa is called "Let's Relax". How would I know it is spa.

Blackbatz
Oh, I like HOliday inn there, stayed there loooonng time ago. I stayed at Laguna, inconvenient. My fren recommend, but I still prefer Patong area lor.
Hahahah... "let's relax" sounds a bit sleazy in Patong leh. hoho...

husband also massage? wow.. like Chaye's husband meimei *whistle*
i can never go couple massage coz i dun like other women to touch my husband... unless it's his mom. haha.

yvonne,

my girl has done that before. Last meal of the day is dinner at 7pm then nothing after that. Then very difficult to sleep cos usually she will suck milk from the bottle then sleep on a full tummy. But she also never fuss and can still stay up with us to play. Think cos bigger can tahan sleepy.

I guess she was teething or what not much appetite. After abt 1-2 weeks she was ok, may not finish the milk but at least did not totally drop the last feed will at least still drink some then sleep

Kam,
Hope that Hao Re is fine. Though time for you.

Kitsune,
Enjoy your holidays in HK. Seems like everyone I know is there or on their way to HK.

Mattel toys sale @ No.1 Lok Yang Way, Dec 5 to 14, 11am to 5pm

here is my loot from the Mattel Toys Sale. Thank u to JanBB for giving me the info. Bought total 5 items for my son. He is enjoying his toys now:

1955256.jpg

I love the magnetic erase board, (bottom right) which was selling for $40. Original price was $109. If $109, I will never buy it. =S

I also love the ocean wonders fish bowl. (Top right) Selling for $20, original price $44.

Little people set (top right) at $25.

The turle hammer set at $13 (top middle), orig price was about $18.

Musical potty (bottom left) at $50. Didn't know the the orig price was only $59.90. The least savings of all the toys.

Nevertheless, it was a good trip down to the sale. All these will be my son's early xmas presents =P

If any mummy is free, do drop by. Some items are worth getting. =)

hi all,

have not logged in just a few days and so many news!

angelsky
congrats to your #2!!! Still remember the smses we sent to each other while at TMC on 30 Jan 08? looks like i wont be "accompanying" you this time round
happy.gif

Mom2Nat
Elliot is so cute neh! Poor thing- ate his poo poo.. i think it must have tasted OK still if not he wont wanna eat rtg? Anyway, glad that everything is ok now.

mei
is our bday bash still on at 20 dec?

lyn78
potluck@east still on right? but i can only reach earliest 6.30pm

AhCapp
so many toys!! sigh,,,, too bad I cant go coz Gerrard is still sick

violetice
saw your post re the boxes for keeping toys.. i think i know what u r referring to... is a square cloth like box rtg? got winnie the pooh, mickey etc. i think i saw at kiddy palace before.. but it's not big to keep a lot of toys rtg?

for me, i keep his toys inside plastic toyogo boxes.. or the "Pampers active" boxes coz we always buy. he treats it like a game too by taking his toys out one by one then putting back in. if spoil already, we just replace with another "Pampers active" box

itok
Gerrard ill? My #1 gana flu. Sigh. Fever now lor, keeps sneezing. This long weekend is to stay home look after her liao.
Oh, I like the pampers active box too! I store my kids toys in toyogo boxes too. And I dun bring all out, or else they will get bored. Best to rotate periodically.

Ahcapp
Wah, so many toys.
Now Metro got 20% + 10%, I tempted to buy oso. But no place to store liao. HOho...

Back