(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Steph, speedy recovery to both R and Z!

Krystle, feeling better already? I also down with flu. This time i really fell sick, i think i caught it from my brother in KL. And so suay, i fell sick when we were on our journey back to SG liao and my mum would be going back after staying for 2 days only. No one is helping, so I took medicine so that i can recover quickly and wont pass the germs to S. My mum said if i fell sick earlier in KL then i can recover on my own without medication.

Today i'm ok liao, after taking med yesterday. But i felt very "home sicked" after my 3 weeks stay in KL... sob sob.. i miss my parents liao..
I told hubby about myh homesickness, he said SG here is not your home meh? he sounds disappointed. Then i realised i might have said something wrong, so i told him of course this is my home, but i think i miss my KL home when i fall sick.. (when we are weak )

tongtong,
maybe your hubby feel that he can't make you feel at home when you said that, so probably disappointed with himself. Next time, just say you miss your parents instead of saying the word "homesick", not that sensitive to him in a way ba.

luvv, shaun is diaper free when he goes out, but becos he is a boy, so it's easier for me to bring him to pee. I think some of you may condemn me ( oops) becuase i let him stand and pee on the basin and quickly wash it off. If possible, i will still carry him and let him pee, as it's easier for boy but tiring on my arms.

Thanks, mummies for the well wishes! I hope to get well soon... Hopefully cough to go away by tmr. But today still got so many work to finish and just now kena arrowed by mgr to attend a big boss meeting... sian...

Ya loh, actually I never reprimand my girl coz she is already very good. Just that we thought why so heng I never put diapers at my home (y'day was the 1st day) then she pee. Haiz... poor girl, she was hugging me tiedly coz scared I will scold her.

Luvv: Not sure if you can buy this:
http://www.haggusandstookles.com.au/For-the-outdoors/Kids-Health-and-Safety/2875/

I bought one for my girl and I dont have to worry about the public toilet seat. It's foldable and carry easily in your handbag. ;-)

Yesterday my girl's diaper is dry throughout the night for the 1st time. I dont think I will not take the risk of waking up at night to change her/bed. I just take it as if she is ready and keep monitoring. ;-)

Krystle: just to be sure, put on mattress protector on your girl' bed so whenever accident happens, you can just take the sheet off. I heard a lot of mummies here out few layer of mattress protector for their kids even when they are 6 years old.

i simply put the kind of disposable waterproof sheet from pharmacy for the bed.. something like wat the hospital use when we deliver :p

blessedbaby,
thanks! i saw this toilet seat in BP, will get and try it out. I'm not sure how long can my girl hold when she needs to go, if we're in the car, don't know if she's able to wait till we get to a toilet also.

mylvera,
i'm using that kind as a changing mat, just throw when it gets dirty :p

Luvv: if she is toilet trained, she will be able to hold her pee when you ask her to. ;-)
My girl can hold her pee up to 2 hours. There was incident when we are on the way home, she told me she wanted to pee. I told her can not because we are in the car, on the way home.. ask her to hold till get home. In the end, she felt sleep and woke up 1.5 hours later to pee. ;-)

I still have 2 big packs of diapers at home. Maybe just continue to let my girl wear diaper when sleep until the supply ran out. Then maybe get those waterproof sheet to lay under the bedsheets.

Krystle: those waterproof sheet, better that you put on top of your bedsheet. So when your girl has accident at night, just simply remove the waterproof sheet instead of changing the whole bedsheet. Save time for everybody.

Hi Mummies,

I could get Karihome's Goat Milk step 3 at Bulk Purchase price of $38.50 a can (min 5 cans) if any mummy is keen.

Collection pt Tampines
Kym

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">For those who shops at JB</font></font>

Saw the ad in Jusco Tebrau City yesterday that this Wed and Thurs will be the MEGA J Card member sales, discount up to 70%!!!

Kam , yea you shd go grab something for ur gal, becuase J card member will entitle to 10% discount if you spend RM 100. just buy diaper enough already wor!

Blessedbaby,
I thought of it but the problem is my girl has very bad sleeping postures. She will roll from left to right and from top to bottom. So if the waterproof sheet lay above the bedsheet, it will surely go out of position (maybe on top of her head??).

tongtong,
Cannot lah, not enough leave already lor. Last Sunday grabbed 10 tins for Enfapro for my gal, cos the sale person said Enfa introducing new packaging, so the price will increase from RM72+ to >RM80 from June onwards. So I kiasu grabbed 10 tins, plus another 3 at home, should be able to last till she is 1 yo, then can switch to Enfagrow already.

krystle,
Haha, funny to imagine the disposal thingy covering her head and she still continues to sleep :)

Luvv, I bought the travel toilet seat from BP too. My gal 'ren' matong one, still refuse to do it at other toilet. Hopefully the travel toilet seat will be something familiar and she can start to use shopping centre toilets to wee wee.

Krystle/Luca, just got my Palermo PM from aunty today. She used cash, ex rate is 1.91 so my bag is also $1200+ after the tax rebate. :p

Krystle, I used waterproof mattress protector bought from BP as well as Naforye Sheet &amp; Mattresses Protector to protect RaeAnne's mattress http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3704564.html?1274017478. She flips around a lot too but the protector mat is quite thick so not as easy to flip over.

Morning all!

Aiyoh, only Tuesday leh, so many more days to go......

Gymnastic class
Will bring Hao Re to try out the Raffles Gymnastic Academy (http://www.rafflesgymnastics.com/) at the Salvation Army off Upper Bukit Timah Road. Anyone interested to join? We brought him to a play area that day and there was a trampoline-like thingy, he jumped so well and he certainly like the actions!

tongtong,
Trial is expensive. $75. But if you sign up, then it'll be part of the course fee, which is $330 (or something around this figure) for 10 classes. Plus have to pay one time member/joining fee of $100. We choose this because of its location and they seems to be quite professional. For our tod, they said will be under recreational program, which they get to learn the basic moves, eg, somersault.

Morning, mummies!

Kitsune,
Hope you find Palermo PM bag useful. We really got a good buy, I think. So heng that now Euros are so low.

Hehe, Krystle, I am going to be hiao n bring it to my cousin's gathering this weekend. Ordering a base shaper from bp too. My aunty very nice, gave me discount, told me to just give her $1200.
happy.gif

krystle
u can buy those waterproof sheet that is LIKE a bedsheet, cover the mattress at 4 corners...then u still cover bedsheet on top. Tat's what i used for my girl...then again, thats cos my girl sleeps with me.

Kam
I've been meaning to tell u this...bt kept forgetting. I rem u said something about getting a trampoline for HR. I got one for Rylee cos she loves jumping too in the trampoline at her gym class. There IS a mini jumping one sold in ELC in blue and pink that u can buy and put it at home for HR to jump. It's safe cos they have a handle which he can hold onto when he jumps and it doesnt occupy so much space. I'll post a pic here if i have the time later.
happy.gif
Or i'll post it in FB later

iPhone Pics
Anyone knows how to import iPhone pics to the Mac cos last time i shared it with the Fuji digicam software but now change to Ixus, it doesnt work leh, and i realised iphone no software to import the pics over to the Mac. Tips anyone? Thanks!

mylife
hellossssssss
did you got my sms yest?
btw, i still never receive your email about the CB stuff, my sis is getting the stock soon liao

iphone pics
you should be able to browse your iphone pics in your mac

Pixie
erm....I stll hvnt email u yet. :p cos I hvnt check my inventory to see how many bottles I shud order but I jus found out my fren prob can't bring for me cos he oredi left sg! He's in shanghai for a 1mth internship then he'll come to HK via shanghai direct
sad.gif
Now I order also dunno how to bring over, must check who coming to HK

kam
I uploaded 2pix of Rylee on the trampoline onto my FB album liao. U can see from there, Rylee LOVES jumping on it everyday at home. This one really good buy, my hubby concurs!

steph,
Thanks! Happy Zander! Yes, I remember Z can do somersault very well and I saw him doing it before :) I taught HR the other hand, he laughed but no courage to do it on his own.

mylife,
Thanks. Saw the pix on your FB already. I actually saw it at ELC, very ex compared to the one at Toys R Us, but definitely looks nicer and more child friendly. Haven't got the green light to buy a trampoline yet cos it's bulky. Probably after the gym class and see if he really likes trampoline.

Kam
If HR loves jumping like Rylee does, shud really get. My hubby also always grumbles at the toys i buy for Rylee, but for this one, he really thinks it's the best buy. Even when we dont take Rylee out to burn her super high energy (she's always running and jumping around), the trampoline is suffice for her to burn it out at home. I actually dont rem how much i bought it for, but i got it cheap cos i went to the ELC warehouse sale and all items were like 50-60% off. I dunno if SG has got such sales, perhaps u find out from them? I like that this one has got a very firm handle that she can grip on tightly while she jumps on it.
happy.gif
Tell ur hubby it's not bulky lah. With the Sg wide housing space i tink it's ok! If a HK house can fit in, then Sg house no problem lah

mylife
noleh, i SMS your HKG HP worrrrrrrr, unless you change your HKG HP#?
u lemme know about the CB again ok. if i have friends going over i'll let u know soon

about ur iphone to mac
there is this app you can purchase in itunes called "iphonetomac"
else, in your mac, you open your iphoto should be able to detect your iphone photos when connected via the usb cable

mylife,
Appreciate your input. If can get 50-60% off, I immediately buy! I will see how after he goes to the gym class lah. HR still loves hid puzzles most. He is doing 63 pieces (Thomas the Train) now :)

tongtong,
How many more days to bid farewell to your colleagues?

pixie
i searched the iTunes store for the apps u mentioned. Dont have leh.

Also, nope, i didnt recd ur sms in my HK phone...errr...did u get it right? Got ur WhatsApp msg though.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Can I check whether does breastfeeding mummies drink coffee?
A bit worried nw cos my boy dont really nap during the day, then at nite also always wake up, need to be pat n carried before sleeping again.
Dunno is it due to me drinking coffee during the day. I only drink one cup a day, might switch to 2 cups a day soon cos im very tired, need it to keep myself awake yet worried it will be bad for my son who is drinking my breastmilk.

shannonbaby,
Could it be due to teething? My girl slept very poorly and woke up many times and need to be pat and carried. After her teeth have cut, she sleeps through!

shannonbaby, I don't think so. For RaeAnne, I totally cut down coffee, just ocassional tea but she never slept through except when she is sick and taking med. :p For Raelynn, I take everything white coffee, kopi o, nescafe canned coffee, and so far she can sleep better than cheh cheh. :p

mylife
sorry its phototomac
drop the "i" infront pls
paiseh

shannonbaby
i abstain from tea, coffee while bfding. just to be kiasu

kitsune
thats a good experiment hahaaaaaa

Kam,
He is drooling but i didnt see any teeth coming out le.

kitsune,
wow, then i will continue my coffee session everyday..keke.

pixie,
i dont think i can totally abstain fr tea and coffee. I can hardly open my eyes if i dont drink coffee.

I need some motivation to continue breastfeeding. My hb is asking me to stop everyday / everytime when he sees me pumping milk. Feel so stressful..

kitsune,
Haha :) Same here. Not that I want to bo chap, but it's that I don't have enough time, and must drink coffee to keep the energy level up :) But I limit to 1 cup a day, or max 2 cups on a real bad/tired day.

shannonbaby
motivation ah...whenever i wanna give up i tell myself its foc and my child benefits lor. my perception was, every drop is like liquid gold.
then i will be very onz...hahahhahaha

Back