(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

CSI
Yup, the MMR can delay till 24mths..cos got reports that it may cause autism in some kids, so some parents and pd prefer to wait till the todder can 'speak' before administering the jabs

but the research has not shown a strong link between autism and MMR vaccine. Autism is more than just if your child can talk or not. I do not think it is safe to drag. Rather for me, I want to give it to my child earlier. In private you can do that, but not in polyclinics. Nevertheless, polyclinic advise is at 15mth.

me already brought jr for the MMR jab. Got slight fever for 1-2days a week after that. Then no prob le. For polyclinic schedule, 18 mths still got the last dose on 5-in-1 leh. When u gals wanna postphone the MMR to?

Gabby mum,
I just postphoned Kyrell's MMR jab to end of this month cos he's still coughing. The lady from National Health said can delay abit but not too late, she did not give me a time frame. She said still hve jab in 18mths so MMR cannot be too late.

i actually forgot about susu's mmr and chicken pox jabs! but she's still having a cough... so may have to delay. :p

mmr contains egg. so those bb that are allergy... parents will drag the mmr injection loh... I will give mmr injection when my ger is abt 17+ month to 18months old. then 6 in 1 ard 19month. anyway we just gotta make sure that they take all the compulsory jab.

and my sis did saw in the health book that mmr can take at 24months.. this one i never go and check though. hehe

MMR jab
Took Ryan for his this jab yesterday morning. He's short of 2 weeks to be 15 months. PD said it is fine. For me, I gotta catch the window period when his right ear skin infection has healed. So, no choice lor
happy.gif

However, today he's down with running nose. Wonder if it is due to the jab?

Today took him to Kidz World at the Zoo.. He could only watch his cousin and friends play
sad.gif
Poor baby.

One more word to his vocabulary. It is Pong4! Haha, from Mahjong
happy.gif
Oh, he knows where we keep the tiles and keeps wanting to open the bag to get the tiles.

Tub, wow, skipped the training har? Hubby and I are lucky this term. Able to take leave so thus have not gone back to work/meetings to date. So, we've been packing and throwing things.. then create more play area for Ryan to roam about in the house.

phy,
I was at the zoo the day before! hahaha...quite crowded...probably coz it's school hols lah.

re pneumococcal jabs, I'm wondering, how long in advance should they take it? I mean, e.g. if the bb is going to CC next mth, when should the bb take have the jab?

sr's PD said mmr and autism is not true de .. anywayz sr took last wed.. till now ok .. no problem.. *cross fingers*

CSI< at our baby's age, there are 2 doses. Declan's 1st dose is 13 mth and he just took his 2nd dose on Monday. Preparing him to go CC in Jun.

hahahahaha ... no lah i din drag my gal mmr also. she oredi taken. initially wanna schedule in the flu jab but then flu jab got to take 2 so if i do now the 2nd jab will crash with her 18th 5 in 1 so only give her flu jab after her 5 in 1.

sr took her 1st flu jab 1 mth b4 mmr.. 2nd flu jab taken tgr with mmr at 15mths ..
next one would be the 5-in-1 jab at polyclinic at 18mths ..
dun intend to let her take chicken pox

YR supposed to take mmr on 5 march but she keeps falling sick so till now still haven't gone to take the jab yet. next sunday will be 16mths liao. Dun wanna drag too long
sad.gif

Jeelo,

I usually buy the 900g ones. My boy can finish about 2 tins in a month. Actually works out to be the same price for Gain IQ. Think I use coupons to buy the 900g ones so no point buying 1.8kg ones.

Also, Abott gave me e-voucher which I used. 2 tins of 900g free 1 tin of 900g.
happy.gif

CSI,
Ya, kidz world is crowded during school hols.. But we went early lah. Arrived Zoo around 8.45a.m. Had breakfast then went kidz world straight. We left there when the crowd started coming in around 11plus.

Hmm, anyone on leave tomorrow? Wanna go Fidget?

jeelo,

ya me also finish 2 tin in ~1 mth time. me will compare price see which one cheaper than get leh.
i also got e Gain IQ with abbott evoucher else I will get 1.8kg cos it s slightly cheaper compare to getting 2 900g. Tat day i saw at Guardian having promo selling 1.8kg for $49+. I should be cheonging to get this weekend.

Gabby's mum,
I didn't check out the price at Guardian. Haha, guess I will cheong too to get the 1.8kg if it works out to be cheaper
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing the info ya

last week i received an email from abbott. I am able to make 1 time purchase of 2 x 900g gain IQ and get 1x900g free. Somemore free delivery. But seems like not everyone will get the email. I think they random pick bah. You also have to be their member.

Gabby's mum,
I went Guardian yesterday leh, Gain IQ 1.9kg still $54++

Gosh, now I'm the other having bad flu
sad.gif

Congrats Jeelo,
I was preg with Clarene and I continue to bf my elder one until 2 months later. I stop because of the drop in milk supply and my elder one was hungry and kept sucking throughout the night. My gynae also advise me to stop bf but actually i had wanted to cont. It took me 1 week to wean my elder child off my breast. I put her with my MIL at night and don't offer her my breast even when she show signs of rooting. She was 17mths when I stop her. The younger the child, the easier to stop.

Congrats to the rest of the mothers who are preg. We plan to stop at 2 but I really like babies, they are so adorable. It's a bit early to request but do post the babies pic after they are born. I simply love newborn babies blur blur look.

hi all, we're thinking of having a short family trip, by coach to genting highlands. 1 quite big problem, thought i'd get some of your advice...

my son is allergic to cow's milk so we have been giving him soy milk. no problem in that. but we hv been making homecooked meals for him, making them into the ice cube trays and microwaving when it's meal time. congee is cooked in the morning for all 3 meals of the day.

obviously that cannot be done during the proposed short trip. and we dont wanna give him table food (not that he's ready, at 15 months) cos of salt, seasoning, etc...

what would u ladies advise?? anyone had similar experience?

mummies

GAIN IQ is having promo at Watson's
1.8kg @ $49.95 bundled with 3packs of Guardian wipes.
if you have posb card got 6% rebate

phy,

they replied saying offers end on 18th Mar
sad.gif

mayb now got to cheong to watson to get liao

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your email!

The promotion for Gain IQ ended on 18th March.
Our promotions apply to all stores.

Have a good day!

Best Regards

Customer Service
Guardian Health &amp; Beauty

Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte Ltd
21 Tampines North Drive 2
#03-01 Singapore 528765

Gabby's mum,
Ya, better quickly go get at Watson. Seems like a great bargain to me. I would have bought some more if my hubby didn't stop me.

Tub,
Ya, I'm going through cold turkey.. Heart palpitating, shivering uncontrollably, sneezing, coughing, tension headache... You reckon I should seek professional advice? LOL
happy.gif

Think I 'played' too hard this week lah. But super happy that I need not see to relief schedule next term! Yippee!

yayaya... got the 6% cash rebate if you use the posb everyday card now til 25Mar. I went to buy today. bot 2cans nia.. hopefully my boi won't turn against me not drinking it! Tonight we served Gain again and he drank most of it. :D

tub
how do you guys get su into cc before you get to school? today was my first time sending my #1 and it was so tough coz she's terrible in the mornings. When i dropped her off at 7am, she was crying and didn't want me to go off. Last week when i sent her to school (my sch hols) she was ok leh. Feel really bad about having to leave her in school so early
sad.gif

Back