(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

BBnGG,
oH NO... Josh's nail dropped off ah.. so poor thing, your heart must be broken
sad.gif

Kyrell's finger also kanna the door last week, by his daddy. Cried so loud but only awhile. Did not bring him to the doc cos he seem ok.

Bluelily,
Maybe Jr's very active? So he burnt his food fast so dun put on as much weight? And do not feel hungry cos want to play? hehehe...
Like wat dylan's mom said, give varieties of food, get him interested.
If you are still worried then have PD check on him.

Tub,
No leh, Kyrell did not (and cannot, cos his lunch already very heavy) drink FM after lunchie, you got the wrong person huh? hehe..
Now I know why I cannot squeeze in more meals into Kyrell's diet. Cos he slept alot, woke up only ard 9am+ or maybe even 10am+ on weekends :p

ok my boy's schedule:

6.00am 100ml milk
8.30am half bowl of porridge/cereal
10.00am 90ml milk
12.30pm half bowl of porridge/noodles
2.00pm 120ml milk
4.00pm biscuit/bread/fruit
7.00pm porridge
9.00pm 180ml milk

eh from this, Josh is definitely not drinking enough milk. Headache...no wonder underweight.

This is Kyrell's schedule on weekdays

930am : 255ml milk

1130am : yogurt + apple (skip if he has fallen asleep)

~nap~

1pm+ : cereal+120ml milk/pasta/porridge + 1 meat + 3 to 5 veggies + small bowl of soup (egg on alt days)

4pm+ : snacks (yogurt+apple or fruits pudding or biscuits or bread)

~nap~

6pm+ : rolled oats or M&S instant porridge + dried or fresh fruits + sweet potato/potato at times

~snacks in between but usually only biteful~

10pm+ : 255ml milk

~lalaland till next morning~

Kaylen's milk intake not a lot too. 150ml at 8am, 11am, 3pm, 9pm and 3am. She wld hv solids (porridge, rice, pasta, bread, biscuits) at least 2 times a day for lunch n dinner. She has not been putting on weight for past few mths, but guess as long as she doesn't fall sick, not going to worry so much.

I totally forgot abt 15mth MMR jab til I read this thread. Not sure if they have it here in Perth, gotta go make appointment to see GP to ask abt it. Shd hv gone before I start work. Dunno whether boss will let me take 1 day leave to bring her see doc.

Last nite saw 2 more teeth coming out from the top. Can see it filling up the gap betw the front teeth n the molars behind.
happy.gif

He cried till he choked and luckily his papa manage to distract him but I know its very very painful cos he refuse to let me see or hold his finger and we are due to attend my cousin's wedding.

And I wrap a piece of ice and get him to hold on to it on our way there. It sort of reduce the swelling but from the way he is holding out his finger, we know its hurting.

Oh yes very very heartpain when I see him wail and to pull out his finger from the door. I keep telling him sorry to cause him pain.

Then everynight I will massage his finger for him cos it swell up half it size and looks out of shape to me. ~sob so heartache~

Now I can see new nail coming out and I feel better cos was very worried that the nail will be dangling there and no new nail growth.

BBnGG

oh dear, sounds bad. I know how you feel... its so heartpain to see our little ones crying in pain! dylan's finger also out of shape when I remoe it from the door, so traumatising for us hor. Good to hear that josh's new nail is out.. shows that he is recovering. Is he now scared of the door??

Dylan's mom,

no lei he is not afraid of the door but he will shake his finger and say 'no' at the door when he is near it. I guess he is giving himself warning not to play with the door bah.

Yah its a relief to see the new nail. So far only the tip is out. Hopefully it will grow out to be nice nice and healthy healthy.

Cocoangel, how is Kyrell's finger? Hope his is not as bad as Josh.

Very traumatising for all parents to see our little ones in pain
sad.gif

BBnGG,

Oh dear, I feel like crying when I read Josh's ordeal
sad.gif
Glad tat new nail is coming out liao.

When it happened to Kyrell, he was just out of the room and smiling happily at me who's in the kitchen. Hubby wanted to close the room door and din know his fingers is between the gap. The next moment, his expressions changed and cried then I realised his fingers (middle and ring finger) got caught!! If my hubby had closed further, he could have been hurt more
sad.gif

dylan's_mom, jr will pui carrots if given alone. pan fried chicken or fish he'll choke leh. He still dunno how to bite his food (except biscuits), I tried making scramble eggs for him. He almost choke.. pui all the way also. So I give up trying new pattern for his food liao. At least porridge he'll still eat after some coaxing. In between meals he'll have some fruits/biscuits/bread lah.. but only tiny amts.

tub, u put the food in slow cooker n on it all the way till night ah? Wont all the vit c be lost?

cocoangel, you are right! He's very very active. Can keep moving non-stop throughout the day.. everytime whole head wet with sweat.

bbngg, u very hardworking leh. Feed so often. I notice that most of our bbs feeds are 2.5-3hrly. 4hr too long hor? Unless sleeping.

Talking abt accidents, jr's arm got giap by his stroller 2x. The first time till almost bleed.. can see the internal bleed.. cry till so kelian.

BBnGG,

Compared to Josh and Dylan, Kyrell's alot better, he just cried for awhile and there's marking on the fingers but not out of shape or anything. He continued to play and after a while, we all forgot abt it.

bluelily,

hah i have same problem as u. that's also the reason why i haven't given dylan those things yet. he will pui out the food or dunno how to eat those things. porridge ok, and biscuits ok also but anything else, he seem to reject!

i have tried steamed egg also, dylan loves that. but his #1 favourite is still sweet potato!

is steamed egg = chawanmushi? (dunno if spelt correctly)

sad.gif
Must be really painful for the kiddos to get hurt
sad.gif
Hope our kiddos all happy happy and healthy healthy
happy.gif

K here's Ryan's feeding schedule

8am. - 180ml FM
9am - cereal/pasta/rolled oat/steamed bread with cheese

10am to 11.00am - morning nap
11.30 p.m. - porridge with sweet potatoes/potatoes/carrot/green peas/egg/fish/pork

12p.m.- fruit or yogurt

1.30p.m - 180ml FM
Nap till about 4 to 4.30p.m

4.30p.m. - 180ml FM

7 p.m. - porridge with sweet potatoes/potatoes/carrot/green peas/egg/fish/pork

9p.m - 180ml FM

He snacks on biscuits during weekdays. Weekends at times I prepare steam carrot or apples for him to feed himself.

LAla land thereafter

bluelily, actually for weekend, i'll dump everything into the slowcooker in the morning. if u want to retain the vit c, can add the pureed vege later just b4 consumption. the rest of the chunky veg like carrot and potato, i'll just leave it till night. usually colours are still very bright when i scoop out for dinner so i assume should be ok.

bluelily, no choice lah Josh is not drinking or eating much, so must be hard working lor. Weight him 2 weeks ago and he is finally 9.3kg but his doctor still says he underweight.

I think he is too active. Esp now that he is walking, he is patrolling my mum's compound and even when her neighbours come back or go out, he will walk to the door to greet 'hi' or 'bye'.

He got the criteria for great PR-ship.

His head is soaking wet most of the time
happy.gif

Cocoangel, good to hear that kyrell's fingers are all right. No babies or parents should go thru the same thing. I hope all babies are strong and healthy and all accident-free
happy.gif

yea steam egg is a hit. just steam n kiau kiau with the rice. like tat oso a meal for my boi.
happy.gif
bluelily, let him try high calories food like more chhesy stuff n more avocado. i oso think jr has high metabolic rate... that's why he burns off the food so fast!

sayang all those babies... i read oso heartpain
sad.gif

sharing sr's schedule, at 15mths she is 11kg, 78cm
weekend:
630-7:latch on
1000: brown rice paste with 120mls FM n fruits
1230: snacks like cheese, yogurt, crackers..
130: latch on n zzz 3hrs
5: Porridge
730: fruits, snacks etc
830: latch on
1030 before bed: latch on again..
am sure she's taking < 700mls a day

ratio is 1egg to about 160ml of water (that's a lot of volume). beat until fluffy. sieve until almost no bubble. then steam in porceline bowl.
smooth but sometimes still got bubble marks like moon crater

T&amp;P, dylan's ma, tried steam eggs a long time ago. Add in toufu and some tiny amts of brown rice paste. Outcome = Pui all! -_-"
I also tried paste with chicken, then blend to nua nua. Still can eat... reluctantly. Maybe this weekend I try again.

tub, that's what we did loh. Add in vegy cube just b4 consumption.. but only for the 1st meal. after tt will put all in thermal flask. When take out at night, porridge still hot, but sometimes will have the spoilt smell.

jeelo, cheese he can eat. He can say 'ceeeese' when I take out his cheese haha. Avocado, pui! tried once he had diarrhoea after tt.. pd say dun give exotic food like avocado?!? I dun dare to give any more after tt.

oh jeelo, my steam eggs din add water. Maybe shd try adding the smoother.

coco, just saw kyrell's zhi zhi zou video yest night! Very cute leh! He can really talk!

Hi mummies,

Have anyone tried to feed half boiled egg to their todd ? My mum kept telling me it's good for my ger (my ger is born in dec'07 ), but am skeptical abt the idea.

I also dun dare to give half-boiled egg to my younger girl. Only just started to give my older girl (37mths). If not well-cooked, got risk of salmonella infection.

<font color="ff6000"> same as u deerdeer, i gv Stef almost all type of food too, and she is turning 15 mth this cmg 24th. Bt unfortunately, she allergy to half boil egg. aihh.

by way, any bb start to self feeding? i tried, and is reli ALL MESS
</font>

share with everyone my ger routine,

6.30 - 7am wake up and milk 210ml

9am - breakie (usually bread, cheese)

11am - lunch (usually mee, bean stick, bee hoon, mee sua, guo tiao, all soup with fish / minced meat/ chicken / vege/ egg. sometimes porriage

12.45 to 1pm - milk 210ml then nap time

3pm - wakey time and take some bread / biskit etc.

5.30 - dinner (rice with vege meat etc or sometimes porriage)

8pm - milk 210ml and sleep

wah crystal, this period she eat alot leh.

11am - lunch (usually mee, bean stick, bee hoon, mee sua, guo tiao, all soup with fish / minced meat/ chicken / vege/ egg. sometimes porriage

12.45 to 1pm - milk 210ml then nap time

U gal can eat noodle type of food? Cut it up into small pieces ah? Does she chew?

sunshinesummer,
my gal likes to feed herself. Sometimes when we try to feed her, she'll refuse to open her mouth. Then ask her to feed herself, she'll happily eat up everything and big mouthfuls too. hahaha.

Yes, it can get quite messy...but after a while, they get the hang of it, not so bad lah. My gal so far, quite neat. heehee...*phew*

<font color="ff6000"> oh man, admire your gal leh CSI_FAN , Stef still learning to putting food into her mouth. Starting quite ok, but abt haf of the meal she will start to play. chammmmm

oh bluelily, I train her incase she go CC on this cmg May09 and no one available to feed her when she is hungry lor.
</font>

sunshinesummer,
oh, my gal will also play halfway kind...hahaha. but when she self-feeds, I dun leave her alone. I'm ard. So when she starts to play, I'll remove bowl from her table, then she can play what she want...and then ask her again, "want to 'uhm' some more?" then she'll remember and she'll go 'uuhhm, uhuhm...' then I'll put the bowl back in front of her, and tell her to scoop herself. heehee...

re cereals,
i started with giving Healthy Times and Earth's Best. Now I'm giving her Happybellies. I seldom give cereals lah. It's only beginning stage, and now, when I'm lazy or no time. hehs...

bluelily,

i oso feel that she eats alot during that period.. but i got no choice... cos she needs to nap at 1pm... and need her milk to sleep... last time did try to give her milk after nap... but she quite cranky during nap time. so now let it be and slowly change loh... no choice.

CSI,
i oso tried to let my ger self-feed... but aiya... she prefer her fingers.. keke

Here's QJ's feeding schedule

6am - 180ml FM
8am - cereal + cheese
12pm - porridge + veg + fish
(I'm not sure whether he drinks milk on weekday afternoons or not, but he usually does on weekends)
4pm - snacks (biscuits or bread)
6.30pm - rice + soup + fish + tofu or egg (this is all table food, i.e. what adults eat)
9pm - 180ml FM
3am - if he wakes up for milk, he won't wake again at 6am to drink

Some weekends, I will give QJ whatever food we eat - pasta, soupy noodle, fish&amp;chips, fries, etc. We're more than happy to feed him whatever he wants to eat cos on weekends, he is a rebel when it comes to feeding.

Oh, and for a while now, he has gone on a fruit and yoghurt strike.

Are most babies sleeping through? QJ is still not. And recently, he's been sooooooo difficult. Would wake up in the middle of the night and refuse to let me leave his room until he falls asleep again. Panda leh.

Valeriet,

couple of kiddos here still don't sleep through I think.
Mine sleeps through since 3 months old.. Guess I'm very lucky
happy.gif

So you sleep in his room when he wakes up? Poor you, can imagine the panda eyes...

bluelily,

maybe add some FM to the steamed egg to make it more fragrant? seems to work when i do it for scrambled egg. Emma LOVES avocado, so far no prob with it.

sunshinesummer
am feeding Emma those instant oatmeal in the mornings. also add in scraped apple/banana/papaya. She wants to feed herself but aiyo, the aim not quite there yet. In the end give her one bowl with a bit of her food and spoon to play with so she'll feel "grown up"? Then quickly feed her as much as possible before food/toys/feet(!!) start leaving the high chair

valeriet
Emma slept thru' last nite! first time in a looooooong time! cross my fingers n toes tonite will be the same

bluelily, can you sneak in avocado with his mashy fruits or spread onto bread? may be he won't notice it. for dinners, shawn eats like 1.5-2scoops (about 6-8tbspoon) of rice, about 1/4 to 1/2 a fillet of cod fish or 1tbspoon of minced meat and 1-2tbspoon of veg. or i use 1/4cup of pasta and add mozarella cheese and butter and mix to serve.

I recently get complaints from school that he isn't drinking well. Lost interest in my EBM !@#^&amp;*. They had to add a few honey stars and spoon fed him 150ml of EBM! Night time i give 150ml of Gain now.

sunshinesummer, i only give cheerios at home. No other types. In school they give honey starz

val, my shirui not zz thru yet =P
she will wake in the middle, comfort suck ...
to date i'm still zz-ing with her .. sometimes in our room, sometimes in her room ..
cant wean her off yet coz she is still quite reluctant to take FM..
duno issit she dun like to take it from bottle or she dun like it totally.. anyone feeding FM from straw bottle? I'm thinking of letting her drink from straw if she really dun like the bottle n teats =(

mummies feeding rice or harder foods.. ur kiddos will chew huh?
Sometimes i tried giving shirui out food from our adult food, she would phew out if those r tough. And i used to chop her veg into small pcs for her porridge.. recently i chop into bigger pcs, realised she dun chew coz the veg comes out her pooo .. how to train her to chew wor?

slimz
i think they actually select the food they want to chew! my boi also like dat, will phew out the meat chunks and carrot etc. but when it comes to biscuits and fries, he will chew them

Phy
You're so lucky! When QJ is awake, I'll have to stand next to his cot (sometimes pat him gently) or just sit on the floor (so that he can see me) until he KO before I can crawl back to bed.

Ankh
Way to go! Hope it stays like that from now on.

Chewing food
I don't think QJ chews his food very much. I always see veg in his poo, but don't see the fish, meat or rice. As for biscuits, I know he sucks until it melts or becomes very soggy before swallowing.

Back