(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

happie lunar birthday to ahbie's and bluelily's and last but not least to my little one oso! hahaa today i let my little choose those items. He got so stucked to calculator and chicken drumstick.

hello!! long time no come in here... thanks for the birthday wishes for my boy
happy.gif

happy birthday to all the nov babies!! happy birthday shawn, kenzie and JR!
happy.gif

jeelo, u have sharp eyes.. keke.. that was indeed dripdrops
happy.gif

jean, declan is a handsome boy and the cake/cupcakes you got for his party are so nice!! makes me very guilty for not throwing a bash for my boy... we juz bought him a couple of cakes to cut and eat at home.. but have to be fair to #1, coz she didn't have a party for her first birthday too!

jaz23, congrats!

Hi Jean,

Nice birthday bash
happy.gif
Declan is a handsome boy indeed. By the way, can I know the items u but in the treat boxes for guests? I'm cracking my heads thinking what to put in them. Any suggestions Mummies?

By the way, also can any kind mummies share where to get nice party supplies, my son's birthday is in Dec and I have yet to run any errands for his birthday.

Abit gancheong now.

ladies, i'm so upset today. brought su to the GP and he diagnosed her wif hfmd. she's got little red dots on her limbs and slight rash on her lips but no fever. if that's the case, then i'll have to postpone her birthday bash this sat. can't take it that my baby has to celebrate her first birthday with hfmd in tow. really want to bash up the parents who sent their baby to su's infant care, KNOWING that the baby's elder sibling had hfmd. they even pretended nothing happened and sheepishly called to ask if their baby had fever. DAMN selfish singaporeans! they do things just for their own convenience and implicate other people. so typical.

actually i wonder if they are legally obliged to declare if their kid has hfmd. really so upset.

jasmine,
mine was also at KKH. My gynae is Dr KT Tan. She is considered the "Queen of KKH" - by the CEO of TMC. hahaha. Dun ask me why he says that of her. hehs. My longest waiting time for Dr Tan on a Sat at the Private Suite was 30mins. Even when I'm late. haha. Dunno how come also. She push my file up first? haha. Really, I have no idea. But she's not too bad lah. No nonsense kind of gynae, if that type suits you.
happy.gif

Jean,
nice pictures!! What do you have in the goodie packs for the kids? I'm still thinking of stuff to include...

My gal's lunar bday is this coming wednesday...ask you ah...for the chicken drumstick, it's cooked one right? then oily oily, put with the other stuff?? hahaha...

tub,
oh dear!
That is TOTALLY selfish of that set of parents! If it's me, I'll be so angry, I'll be banging table and chair with the parents. I think my hb will too. I think my hb will even write to the press abt it. Embarass the parents. Now a baby has to spend her FIRST birthday ill with HFMD. That is something you can't replace! grrrr.......

wooo.. long time din log in here. Jean the bday bash looks great! Reminds me of a mini wedding.. :p How much did u spend for the hotel function room?

tub, hope su get well soon. Ya, can understand ur feelings. Now most impt is for su to get well.. then have an even better bday celebration for her when she recover!

Thks for the bday wishes for jr! We din do anything special for Jr's lunar bday leh. I wanted to cook egg mee sua.. but my mum n hb say mee sua salty.. so in then end did nothing special loh. :p This Sat will be celebrating his bday in advance. Hope everything goes well... n no rain rain!

hi mummies!!!

me too so long never log in.. busy with work and planning for mikaela's party!! hehe..
happy.gif

jean.. ur party looks like a blast! very grand leh.. and got photo album somemore.. cool cool...
happy.gif

jas23,

congrats!!! i'm also ttcing but so far got no news.. spread some baby dust yah??

attended dwayne's birthday on sat and his cake is simply fantastic!! witty.. post some pics here leh.. 3 tiered cupcake cum mini cake! all the kids were so 'wow' with the creation!
happy.gif

mikyal,
I have a total of 30 goodies bags, all wipe out on that day..Lucky got save 1 box for my boy..hehe

In my goodie box, the items are below:

1) 1 stationery pack with notebook, mechanical pencil, a pack of 3 erasers and stickers.
2) 2 lollipops
3) 2 marshmallows
4) 1 party kit (Dunno what's the exact name)
5) 1 snack pack
6) 1 old fashioned "blow bubble" kit. (U know the tube kind with straw)
7) 1 rubber stamp chop

Bluelily,

I did not rent the function room alone. I took their whole package.. My overall damage for the bash is 5k inclusive of the cake I ordered from Mong.

jean, WOW!! That's a big spending. See all the big bday bashes.. I v shy. We only planning for a small party with minimum family n frens.. just bbq and a cake. Dunno how it'll turn out! Prepared balloons n banner.. dunno where to hang in chalet also. And got no one to help up decor... have to settle everything with hb while taking care of jr in the chalet. -_-" Dun even know where to cut cake.. indoors or outdoors leh. Gotta go there see then decide. indoors scared not nice.. outdoors scared too dark photos not nice. BLEH!

Steffietan and bluelily,

Ya lor..5k, the buffet itself already 4k plus, the cake 230 bucks, some decor I self provide cos I want it to be my way, plus booked a room for that night $250, plus miscellaneous..So total is ard 5k lor..

wah Jean, thats a big spent. i want to tell my hb that too... hahahah

Mikyal, you can get it from Middle road. i just went there to purchase x'mas stuff... that's 3 shop there... but AZ trading sell more stuff like stationery set. if i remb correctly they sell it at $8 for 6 box (incld pencil,eraser etc)

go check out lah...

steffie
I need around 5 goody bags...if you still have some to spare after passing to BBnGG, do let me know. Tks!! (Having only a small gathering, so not gg to specially get the bags.)

steffie,

did you get the putumayo cds already? mailed to you on saturday
happy.gif

actually wanted to ask you for 3 goodie bags but yr place to far for me to collect so think cannot liao. haha

tub, hope that su would be all right soon. Ya, i would damn mad too if knowing the other party behave so sheepishly still send the kid to daycare!

csi, i put the chicken drumstick in a ziplock bag. no oil liao lor!

hi,
thanks to all... just went for scanning today... i just pop into a clinic... did a scan... m 6 wks preggie...

haha... spreading my bb dust to all (whoever is ttc-ing now).. gd luck...

dylan's mom,

i just rec'd e cds today. alamak, hvent paid u also..hb still in china n wont b back till wed. will tt u once he returns. if u really need e bags (i also dunno if there's extras)..i can pass them to u when i go to my gma's place (v near ur home)..but i must go n count again la..dylan's bday is on e 18th right..i still hv time..will let u know..

bbngg & steffi,

i'll b goin to HK tis fri (28/11) so it will b great if u can pick up e bags before i leave..i will b back on 6 dec if u can wait (more for steffi?)..if really can't pick up, i will leave word at home..just tt i prefer to b at home when u pick up. =)

jasmine,

congrats!!! i'm sure many moms here abit gian gian already..hehe

Jasmine(jaz23),
Congrats! But I will "siam" your bb dust... siam aah!

Jean,
I enquired poolside buffet before, one pax also need $50 for their sit down buffet. *faint
Think mine plus party favours, buffet, entertainers and cake etc not exceeding 3K.

haha... think sme mummies in dec thread r also preggie right??? we shld combine 'power' and spread the dust around... haha

oh, regarding the goodies bags... i rmb someone mentioning to me can get it at chinatown... which part of chinatown ah???

wah nowadays hotel pool side buffet so ex? I rem my ROM at pool side, 4 tables, buffet, 1 nite stay.. + decor.. whole package only $999! Cheap cheap.

Btw.. wanna ask for suggestion. For those having bday party outdoors... do you have the cake cutting ceremony at nite or day time? Mine is bbq.. wanted to cut cake b4 sunset.. but many ppl cant make it so early. Was affraid at nite the photos wont turn out so nice le..

Jas23,
Congrats!!!! aiyoh, never tell me you are preggie keke...

Jean,
Your party looks like wedding bandquet leh.. so grand and nice!
happy.gif
And yes, Declan is so handsome! Where did you get the goodie bags (box) from?

Wow Jean! $5K for Declan's first birthday .. subsequent years how? Spoil market already.

We're only planning for immediate family (total 12 pax including ourselves) to come to our humble home and we da bao food for dinner
happy.gif
Entertainment will be provided by the BD boy ... haha.

Original idea of having dinner at restaurant got thrown out of the window cos we felt that it would be very impersonal and non-interactive.

Tub
I think you should complain big time, write to Forum Pages and embarrass those irresponsible parents to no end! I feel very angry too.

Hope Susu will recover real soon and have a great birthday bash after that.

My dilemma
Since I got bitten by QJ 2 weeks back, I haven't nursed him. When I pumped, the injured side will bleed. It will look at little better during the day and deteriorate again once I pump. So I reckon it will NOT recover until I stop altogether. Meanwhile, my supply has plummeted like the stock market.

Should I stop bf-ing now? The other side is still functioning normally and I still latch on.

thanks...

valeriet,
y not pump out n let ur bb latch on the other side first??? let it heal first prevent infection ma...

btw, any gd confinment lady to recommend??? my mother cant cope wif 2 kids now liaoz....

steffie,
dun worry abt payment, take yr time
happy.gif
. Yah if you can spare the goodie bags, great.. if not, no problem. Dylan birthday celebration not until 13/14 Dec so lots more time to go. I only invited 2 other kids so its a really small party. No goodie bag also can! hahah

Jaz,
Yeah, congrats to u! So happy you strike!! but like missylan, I also wanna siam babydust! Kekeke now my hands full with dylan, dun dare to try for another one until he is much older.

Val,
Oh dear, 2 weeks already and yr nipple still bleeding.
sad.gif
well if you planned to wean him already anyway, then this is a good time. But if you had plans to bf QJ until he is much older, then try to 'tong' thru this period. I'm sure you can try to kick start yr supply back when yr nipple has recovered.

Jean,
Yah 5k is alot leh. I dun dare to tell my hubby cos wait he also shock! He already forbid me to spend much on the mini party i'm having. If he had his way, dylan will be eating pandan cake for his birthday!?!?!?!

steffi,

i made a booboo! i hv a total of 28 bags only and after passing 25 to bbngg, there's only 3 left! =((((( so sorry leh....so how? u still need them or not? really paisay..

cocoangel,

my goodie boxes are from my korea trip in sept..Hehhe..saw them in Everland and bought it.. Not sure whether s'pore got sell the same type..

Cocoangel,
Ya except that there's no "ang bao box" at reception..wahahha

Valeriet,
haha, subsequent years not so grand liao la..Cos as I mentioned before, hubby and I think that dunno must wait till when then can have big bash again (Maybe 5 years old) else very odd ma, so decided to have something grand.
happy.gif

besides, we dun intend to have a 2nd child so soon, or most likely Declan will be our only child, so that's why we want some thing different for him.
Dawn,
Ur description abt ur hubby so funny..dun think he will go to tat extend la..haha

Back