(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

missylan,
yah lorh. think i'll try soy. but which brand? Aiyoh, sekali she dun like the taste and reject...my pocket will cry...haha. wonder if they have those small 400g tin...

yup yup. I agree...manual sucking of mucus is best. I tried that a couple of times on my gal. It works...but I can't help but wonder if I got suck too hard or not. wait damage her membranes or something. hahaha *think too much*

Bluelily,
just put mouth over nostrils and suck. heehee...the sucking device ah...I find it doesn't work leh. Maybe I dunno how to use properly.

wah... use mouth! I can imagine my naughty boy wriggle under my mouth.. scary! Hope I wont have to resort to that.

soy milk, the more common one will be by Abbot.. similar to similac tin.. orange colour i think. Got 400g one. But hor.. if ls too serious.. better see doc. They'll give something to replenish body fluids. like salt or wat.. and like my serious case.. pd give probiotics to strengthen tummy and something to make the poo less watery. It works wonders! N for solids.. we just gave plain porridge.

CSI,
Think above 6 months old soy will be Abbott only. Yes, they have in small tins for testing.

bluelily,
I am giving both my kiddos their daily Child Lifes Essential Colostrum which has Probotics in it. PD give one must be the droplets, Re.... sth. But that very difficult to feed leh. Bbs don't obedient open their mouth for the droplets to enter their mouth. Not a clever design!

finger/toe nails - cut when baby is sleeping?
i never manage to do so when he's awake. even when he's supposed to be sleeping, he pulls his hands away and whine. pls advise what tricks u use.
happy.gif

missylan,
when u use mouth to suck, be careful u don catch the flu virus from ah pui leh...

That time when kayden had flu, i use my mouth to suck out the mucus once because he was super uncomfortable so my dad asked me to do it. Hesitated for awhile but in the end i did it.
Although i didnt swallow in but i still caught the virus after that. During the sucking, felt very disgusted and almost wanna vomit after that. :p

Now Kayden is also sick, down with fever last 2 days. Think there's some sort of virus in the air. So all mummies, please be careful and watch out our kiddos. Hopefully kayden and all sick bb get well real fast.

shryn
So far, me never caught his virus. Hahaha... touch wood!
Ok la, I will not feel disgusted cos hor, my heart feels better when I do blow job for him, ermm... sucking for him... hahaha...

pet n dawn .. paiseh today gotta go settle my girl's BIG business.. couldn't chat more ..
she's been having LS the past 2 days.. my mum says prob teething.. coz she is ok in other aspects ...
so pet u are signing up for the class le?

JWT trial... how is tis gg huh? r we still gg?

jeelomeelo
can i ask u 2 questions on cheese n lentils?
1) which kind of cheddar cheese did u buy and how did u give shawn to eat?
2) when u soak the lentils, do u remove the husk or cook with it?

hi slimz..

its ok lah.. just paiseh couldn't help u much either.. was wondering how come ur girl never make noise after she poo poo.. really so guai.. just sit down there and mind her own business.. hehe
happy.gif

i'm confirm signing up for the 11.30am class with teacher yim ching.. the next term will start in 1 month's time i think..

I used red Lentil, millets and pearl rice for my ah pui. All of them dun need to soak cos cooked very easily and fast. No leh, my lentils don't need to remove husk one leh. Recently introduced the Bellamy's pasta, cooks easily too. I like to play ard with the grains, sometimes mix lentil with rice or rice with millet... at least not so boring... =)
Oh, I have not yet explore cheese.

jeelomeelo,
Both my kiddos quite obedient when comes to trimming the nails. #2 least obedient compared to #1. I will have to let his available hand hold on to a toy or another nail cutter(unfolded). Distract him from there. =)

missylan
oh... dont need to soak huh? i used green lentils. btw, any diff btw the colours cos i see got yellow/orange ones too. when i soak and rinse, the husk came out so easily. that's why i remove them. dont know if any nutrients lost if i discard those. haven't tried millets yet cos the other time jeelo says a bit sticky and difficult to cook. Today, i just tried the Bellamy's pasta too. Tried it with lentils and apple. Later let him try when he wakes up.

Also tried cooking brown rice grains as porridge. It's so difficult to become mushy like white rice leh despite soaking overnite.

Jeelomeelo,
My hubby will cut when he sleeps too. I never dare to cut again after cutting until bleed once.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to intrude. My bb is 2 mths old and i'm thinking of buying either the Pikkolo or Beco for him. Can anyone advise which is better, or the pros n cons for either one that u're using?
So expensive, so muz consider carefully ah!

Thanks in advance for any advice given!
happy.gif

jeelomeelo,

usually cut my girl's nails when she's in her IKEA high chair. LAst nite tried new trick - got hubby to sit on floor while hip carrying her. Let her play toy with one hand and attack the nails of her other hand! also attacked her toenails too hahahah! haven't been able to cut so many nails at one go for so long!

re nail-cutting
Surprisingly, my girl will sit there and let us cut the first few nails. She'll stare at us and then at the clipper and back again, like asking us "hey, what're you doing to my nails???" Then once the initial curiosity wears off, she cranks up again. So it'll be done in a couple of sittings.

wa.. all the mummies here so creative, give so many different kinds of makan for the babies!! Can get all of these (lentils, millets) at super markets izit? any particular brands to buy?

just to share, I recently gave my twins bread with cheese and they love it! it is so easy to feed them that as compared to cereals or porridge, haha... I gave the normal slices of kraft cheese.. ok or not??

lhy
there is an infant insert which u could use when bb still cant support his neck (sold separately). I started using ergo when my boi was abt 4mths old i.e without the insert. Now he's 10.5mths old & it still serves me well

eve,
so far i tried Monterey jack cheese, mild cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. I buy those block cheese that you can get off shelves at Cold storage and ntuc. I cut them in green peas size. I put them on his high chair table to let him practise fingers picking up small stuff. For cheese dinners, I cook pasta and use a butter knife to grate the cheese off the block and add flaxseeds.

Lentils - i dun soak nowadays, cook with brown rice, barley for about 45min-1hr. Typically, i'll cook about 1tbspoon of brown rice + add some barley and add one type of bean (like kidney beans or black beans). Then add one veg or egg yolk. For kidney beans, need to presoak, coz it's veri difficult to get it soft even after 1hr of cooking. If i were to cook kidney beans as part of dinner, i would soak in a covered tupperware the night before, put in the fridge. Then morning time, i'll boil water put in the brown rice and kidney beans to boil for about 15-20minutes. Then transfer to the Tiger food jar. When we get back in the evening, i just need to boil/steam veg or tofu and add to this. Sometimes just cook green bean and barley for dinner. like dessert... :p

jeelomeelo
thanks.. yr description is so detailed. will try out the cheese on Ethan. Your meals sound so nutritious... all the good beans. Lucky Shawn.

dodo, i got my lentils from the organic section from NTUC.

lhy, i use pikkolo. i find it comfy and has good support... especially when baby gets older and bigger.

re: cutting nails

*blush... i NEVER cut my girls' nails since she was placed at the infant care. tat means since about 3 months. the trs there cut for me. so i'm wondering what happens when she turns 18 months and has to leave the infant care.
sad.gif
i have phobia cutting her nails cos i cut her flesh twice. sob sob. any advise?

dodo,
i won't advocate giving kraft cos there's a lot of work by NGOs against kraft wrt their manufacturing process. their cheese is also too "plastic" like. better dun give baby.

ankh,
I saw quinoa before, ooh... I thought that was barley! Hahaha...

dodo,
You can try millet, quinoa, lentils etc in Cold Storage or NTUC organic dept. I found most of them in either Cold Storage or the NTUC Extra... Those normal NTUC will not have bigger ranges. Kraft cheese think sodium pretty high. Best is those block cheese. But expire very fast.

jeelomeelo,
Wa... I don't dare to try beans. I am afraid he will reject it. Good idea, will try next time too.

tub,
wah good le, caregivers cut for you. I have to struggle under perspire! :D
i grew up on kraft cheese but am not planning to give my boi that coz it's salty le. din know there is some campaign going on against them

eve,
tell u the tiger thermal jar really does wonders, come back the porridge really thick and nua and the beans really soft. it's tasty le if you cook the grains with kidney beans and you add carrots even better. When I go out whole day on wkends, i'd cook something in the morning, then put in the jar. then lunch it's ready and by dinner time it's still piping hot! btw, you might want to get split peas (for cooking dhaal) to add to his porridge.
happy.gif

dodo,
pasta - bot the pasta in vehicle shapes (in a red bag one), boil until cook may be 10-15min ba... then it's easier to mash it. or oso can use super small ABC pasta. Supposed to have bot whole grain pasta (cannot find). Aiya, just make do la.
happy.gif
As in the taste le, i tried weird stuff, like boil tofu and frozen green/garden peas as soup base then add the pasta in. super bland but he likes it wor. or green veg/brocolli and wolfberries soup, with pasta as the carbo. He recently seem to love soupy stuff. If I am lazy i dun grate the cheese, i'll chop them in cubes (pea size) and just put in the pasta and serve.

i cook rolled oats for dinner as well (it cooks very fast!). then add a fruit - kiwi, apple. Sometime add green veg/carrots. Sometimes if nothing fresh in the fridge, add Cheerios. If whatever dinner i cook doesn't work for him, i'll just give him whole avocado or 1/2slice of bread with cheese and fruit. There had been occasions when he totally rejects what i cook. sad... anyway mY kid is back to vegan diet for the past one month coz i didn't buy meat to add to his meals, so got to resort to eggyolk/beans for protein source

is quinoa like millets? shawn hates millets.. i ended up barter trading with my colg, my millets trade for brown rice.
happy.gif

missylan, the kidney beans skin come out in the poopoo. :p

jeelo,
the thermal jar sounds good. i'm using the food jar... the one that most of us got from Linda. good but can only contain 1 meal portion. thinking of getting the endo thermal cooker so that can cook 2 portion in the morning for lunch n dinner soon. btw, u cook using brown rice grains? today i tried and it's not as nua as the normal white rice. my porridge ends up a bit watery. can we give wolfberries? never thought of it leh. how does split peas taste? i tried using corn bits to add to porridge. supposed to give a sweet taste but i don't feel so.

just curious... what time do u reach home from work every day? still got time to cook for him?

dodo,
u can also try Bellamy's brown rice pasta, thosed in star shapes. Cooks real fast and it's small enough.

jeelo, thanks for the pasta recipe! so, its quite soupy izit? is it difficult to feed in this case? my girl like to spit out her food everytime and play with it!! headache!! my maid needs to carry her in the sarong to feed, else she will make the whole place and herself very messy!!

anyone here has similar problem? any advice?

jeelo,

apparently it's about genetically engineered ingredients that they have allegedly added to their products. some pple develop allergies to that. not sure if it's true but better to avoid la. and yes, think it's quite salty too. better don't give.

slimz, pet

I'm not going for another trial - discussed with my buddy liao, we wanna sign up together. I just called up kindermusik today and asked to be in the 11.30am Friday classes when it starts the new term.

The lady i spoke to said that she will need to call me back next week to confirm vacancy!
happy.gif

eve,
for brown rice, need to use much more water (compared with cooking white rice) and must cook for longer time too...it took me several tries to get it right...hehs.

Wah, jeelo, you add so many different kinds of beans ah...my gal dun like lentils. Sianz...she'll almost always spit out whatever I cook for her that has lentils in it. I tried rolled oats and millets over the weekend. She quite likes them...

eve
i reach home latest 6.30pm, then quickly boil/cook the grains/beans(if i hadn't prepare in the morning). He takes his dinner late at about 7.30pm.

Csi, nola not that many, so far succesfully tried black/mung(green)/kidney/split peas/lentils. as for grains, i have tried brown/white rice/oats/barley/millets (shawn says yucks!). My fridge full of bags of beannies and grains! takes forever to finish. so sometimes trade with my colleagues for other stuff hehehe

Dodo, Sometimes when the kidney beans are too hard, shawn spits them out. i dun have any solution for playin with food. you might want to distract your Dot with giving her finger food (e.g. cubes of pea-sized carrots or peas) while you feed her main course.

morning! Monday blues...

Talking abt food... my picky eater nowadays pui everything. Eat a few mouth of porridge/cereal then dun want liao.. gotta distract him and play with him while he eat.. till i v tired liao. Ur bbs can eat so big pieces of food? Mine will gag if we feed him bigger spoons of porridge.

tell mi about it. we switch on the singing babies vcd for her to watch so she would eat her solids. sigh...

nowadays, su won't suck from the bottle. have to spoon feed her after she drinks 40ml from the bottle.
sad.gif

tub, jr drinks from bottle.... only when viewing his own videos/listening to ring tones from daddy's hp! My MIL bought a toy hp for him... he dun like!

tub, shawn oso reject bottle liao.. since like 2-3months ago! the school spoonfed him, then i decided to try the pigeon magmag cup step2. he didnt' like it. I tried nuby nonspill spout one, oso he din really like it. he drink his milk like over 1hr plus, play n drink in school. Then now, i started him on straw, he's learning to accept it but still spilling everyone from the corner of his mouth, coz he doens't know how to coordinate yet.

Jeelo,
you gave cheerios with the cooked rolled oats? hmmm, it's the yellow box cheerios? Coz I saw that it has sugar in it, not sure if the amt of sugar is ok or not for babies. heehee...

bluelily,
the babies are very smart one...they know which is toy and which is the real stuff...hahaha

csi, ur bb ls ok liao? ya loh. I tot that top hp v real le.. motorola toy phone... maybe must get nokia toy phone for him? :p Anyone knows where got sell? Need 1 for my mum to use for feeding him cos she dun carry a hp!

bluelily,
erm, her poop is soft soft now, but not watery anymore. The past few days, it's been BM all the way. Totally cut out the FM. (shiong on me). and the frequency is less now..so, I think she's getting better lah. hehs. Still super super active.

eh, instead of looking for a nokia toy hp, ask ur hb change hp to motorola lah...hahaha...

jeelo,
juz a quick question....when u cook barley, u use those normal ones that we used to cook barley water? as for brown rice, do u use powder form or the actual grains? thanks!
happy.gif

wahaha... hb cannot change hp ah. His hp is the most effective tool to feed jr! At my hb ard hor.. he can drink 150ml in less than 30mins. Without hp.. my poor mum can only feed 130ml.. and takes forever. I'm thinking of charging a real spare hp.. then teach my mum how to use!

CSI
ya yellow box one... i dun add alot la. like may be one handful nia. not the whole bowl cheerios. sometimes i give as snack for him. i gerber stars more sugary than cheerios le...

serena, i use pearl barley. dunno what's the difference from the ones we cook barley water. i tink one is chinese barley and one is angmoh barley. brown rice, i use actual grains.

dodo
am still selling playmat. can PM me.

jeelo
shawn has tasted alot of variety liao! so good! i have yet to cook pasta for mal. bought bellamy's very long liao, still figuring out how to cook, hehee... pasta must cook in angmor style izit? i will cook pasta with chic/pork then add some cheese, ok boh?

Back