(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

how long can those block type of cheese last? Dunno jr can finish eat all himself anot??? Maybe this weekend let him try ang mo style pasta see he like anot. I got the abc pasta liao.

jeelo, u just boil pasta in water n add cheese? Anything else?

I haven't visited for a while, been busy at work. A few bbs LS. Hope they are all recovered by now.

Eve
For cheese, you can try Kiri cheese (blue box - plain) or Laughing Cow mini cubes(plain). My son can finish one portion of Kiri at one go after 3/4 bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Keki
I have a colleague whose son also has the squint but with early detection and treatment, the boy's condition has improved so much he is almost ok already. So, take heart and seek treatment early. Hang in there!!

<font color="aa00aa">harlow mummies...
ooohhhh...so many to catch up with.
so many babies lao sai..could it be due to teething??

keki,
hope your baby is ok.

alien,
i gave faiq the bellamy star pasta.
boil it for about 7 minutes.
when i started giving it, i had to mashed it at first cos then he was not used to lumpier texture.
now ok liao.
i always add spinach/ broccoli/ carrot+potato/ pumpkin puree to it.
then will grate a bit of cheese on top before serving.

valerie,
the laughing cow mini cubes can give our baby is it?
i will try with my boy if can.</font>

valeriet
oh ok... thks. think i may try this since it's smaller n shd be able to last longer than block. dont think can finish before it starts to turn mouldy.

jeelo,
wah... envy envy leh. can reach home so early. at 6.30pm.. i'm still in office.

alien,
so far i've cooked the pasta twice. mix with carrot &amp; apple. think he likes it becos of the apple rather than the pasta.

alien, i treat pasta like normal grain, just a substitute to the carbo ma.
happy.gif
but i've not tried soup pork/chicken and add cheese at the same time. Usually when i add cheese, it's dry type of cooking (not soupy). So far i tink 2months back, i tried pork loin based soup, and add green peas or brocolli or some veg

bluelily, the whole block can last like forever. i oso tumpang use, but into thin slices and put on my breakfast bread. or when i cut for him, i oso cut for myself

tub,

i got extra baby cubes to sell.. used but in good condition cos i've not used them in a while. if you want, let me know hor..
happy.gif

hope all the sick bbs r feeling better now.

re: bfeeding
boohoo.. jus recently kinda ceased feeding baby. still continueing to let him suckle tho.. but really not much milk la.. mine was a gradual process aft going bck to wrk. jus cut dwn on the nmbr of feedings per day. like reduce by 1 each wk..

re: walking wings
i rmembr readin one mummy using this b4? whr did u buy it frm n how much is it?

Arvin's started crwaling.. Yippee! Thanks to all mummies for ur encouragement.. No nd to worry too much abt e right/left brain coordination animore.. hehe..

valeriet,
i'm still nursing morning n nite (yes latch on) and pumping twice in office. dunno when to stop yet. what i learn from others is that you might want to cut down the pump time. dun empty the breasts but rather pump to ease the pressure. then your body would reduce the amt produced as well. my PD does not recommend cold turkey - it's a good way to blocked ducts!
happy.gif

alien/bluelily,
like lynzi, i will also prepare the bellamy's pasta star the ang moh style, boil for 7 mins, top with cheese and served with puree.

jeelo,
you are so adventurous in what you cook for your shawn leh.. lotsa soup and chinese style hor
happy.gif
i tink mine is more ang moh style. lotsa puree and hve tried more veggies then meat/grains! eh, so far have not intro meat to kyrell yet.

mummies, is the yoplait baby yogurt taken off the shelf due to the melamine scam? cos i couldnt find it in the united sq cold storage leh
sad.gif
anyone can still find it elsewhere?

val, i'm also still pumping 4 times a day and give 1x milk powder for her cereal feed. i think i want to continue till after 18 months cos su is in infant care and falls sick quite often. but with BM, at least she's recovering faster (i think). Please do not do cold turkey too... blocked ducts and kenna mastitis. i kenna-ed b4. no joke. shiver like siao.

like wat jeelo said, can reduce pumping time.

i think i'll reduce to 3 pumps a day at 18 months, then 2 pumps a day at 24 months and then slowly wean off from there.

claire!!! yes! got your email.
but have to take next week when ah lao is free-er. think he's super bz keying in cca stuff cos kids r getting back record books this week. thanks gal!

cocoangel... careffour still selling baby yoplait. But i kiasi lah.. wait till this melamine scam over then start buying for jr. :p

val
i have stopped pumping also. Only let my didi latch at nite. He can really latch non stop at nite. haha
My mum told me didi doesnt want to drink formula at all. Looks like i may have to restart my pumping again.

bluelily,
oic ok thanks.. i also dunno whether to cont giving.. but boy likes it leh

slimz,
no lah not scaring you hehe.. i tink too much :p
which ntuc did you get it from?

constance,
i am wanting to try n prlong this arrangment too. as in no pumping but only latch on at nite. is this possible? coz i feel tt the amt has dropped soo much. n arvin doesn't seem to want to latch on if there isn't milk gushing out... haiz...

mimeole,
I bought walking wings but sold it less than 2 weeks use. Cos Ah Pui is very daring... He is walking ard at home. This week got more confident, let go of support and walk from my couch to dining table, ard 4metres away. I bought from Moms&amp;Babes at AMKhub. $49.90. Think some mummies are organising a spree right? See from the net that it will be much cheaper to get from overseas.

Cheese
I love the laughing cow plain cheese cubes too!

Weekdays
I am pumping 1x in the morning + 2x in the office + latch on at nites.

Weekends
I latch on more often cos my boy usually refuses the bottle (he bullies me!). Sometimes only pump 1x or 2x the whole day.

However when the week starts, supply comes back again. I am still freezing a good 1litre everyday.

Ideally, I would like to cut down on the pumping frequency gradually but I don't like the 'full' feeling ... and of course I don't want to invite unnecessary trouble like blocked ducts and mastitis.

Perhaps for a start, I should cut down the morning pump.

Thanks mummies for sharing.

Tub - don't worry, I won't do a cold turkey.

valeriet,
oh, your boy refuse bottle when he's with you? mine refuse bottle/cup/spoon. he onli want breast.. dunno how to wean him off the breast sigh...

missylan,
thanks for the info. i did a search can't find any sprees. sorry blur. u noe of any specific one?

Any mummy here planning to sell ur Walking Wings?

happy.gif

mimeole,
You can get online... miraclebaby.com.sg... you do a search online. Should be able to find. Not many mummies are using Walking Wings so not really that easy to find a used one.

valeriet,

wat?! still 1L a day? amazing. does he consume all of that in a day? my yield is now 1/2L a day now on top of feedg her directly. i want to slowly stop e pumpg but yea, e feelg of fullness is v uncomfy. been dragging all my pumpg times. anyways, she also loves e neh only. nips are really battered out of recognition. muahaha..

mimeole,
about walking wings;

u can try to use a big folded towel and wrap ard bb chest to support him while he walks.
hehe..I did that and bb is ok with it.
he will lean on it and walk ard the house with me pulling the 2 ends of the towel.
I find its a waste of getting the wings leh cause they only use for awhile.
U can give it a try.....kekekeke

Jeelo
He used to be ok with bottle on weekends but increasingly, he will just sip and that's it. Very wasteful. But when I'm not around, he is perfectly fine with the bottle. Duh!

Steffietan
Since he started 2 full meals, he is drinking between 700-900ml (EBM from the bottle) daily. What I pump (1L) goes to the freezer. Every evening, zun zun at 8pm, he will start whining and buries himself in my chest.

wah! 1 L really a lot val!
i only manage about 700+ml a day but su doesn't drink a lot so still ok.

slimz, were u at vivo last sat? i think i saw u feeding ur bb.
happy.gif

still able to get the yoplait. i hv nt let my girl try on cheese yet. maybe should try liao......

happi, YES!! ...
where u saw me? i was carrying alot of things rite?
was suppose gp my fren's condo for swimming.. but during my journey there, her side rained.. so had to change plans.. so went vivo lor..
carrying her big float (wich i was lazy to deflate ...) and a big yellow backpack (wif her swimming gear, towel etc in it .. ) machim go fite war =P

one bottom canine teeth come out liao, today he oso brutal to me during latch on. wah pain ar.. i think his gums oso super pain, that why must transfer pain to me oso...

valeriet,

wahh..so good. at least his intake almost equals ur output. my chilli padi doesnt drink much i tink n she hasnt really drank fr e bottle since birth. =(

jeelo,

ya, when my #1 started to grow teeth, it was really painful bfg him..giving me e shivers now thinkg back. now, my #2 still has 0 teeth n i'm absolutely not complaining.

I am starting a new pumping schedule today. Will cut from 3pumps to 2. See if it works.

steffietan
I anticipated the need for transition from neh to bottle, that's why from week 1 already introduced the bottle. So my boy is very versatile, can switch between the 2 easily. But now that he is older, he has a mind of his own.

gloomybear
I let my son use the Playskool walking ride again over the weekend. He can control it quite well now because he is more stable in walking. Last night, he was even able to manouvre corners!! He used to just bang the wall and then stop walking. Last night, he was able to anticipat obstacles (furniture, wall) and then move the 'car' so that he won't lang-gah. Very cute. I'm so proud of him. Heehee...

sigh... i also did wat u did, val. intro-ed the bottle at 1st week but my girl decided that she doesn't want the neh and oni the bottle at 3 months.
sad.gif

i also did that...intro bottle early. my gal can take to both, neh and bottle. but a few months back, she decided she MUST have the neh when going to bed at night or when I'm around. I even tried pumping out just before latching her on, she still must have the neh to zzzzz...

how to stop bf? i also dunno...

CSI,
me too.. my girl digs her head into me wen she wan to zzzz!
but wen i'm not ard, my mum can put hr to zzz jux by patting her..
but problem is nite time oni me n HB .. HB alwys home late late.. even if he's early, he had nvr been successful in putting her to bed

steffie, val, csi_fan, slimz

alamak, seems that we all have problem weaning eh. dylan also refuse bottle and only want breast. nowadays i try to feed him earlier so by the time its bedtime, he latch on for a while and usually he will latch off and roll to one side to sleep.

but i can't seem to wean him from night feeds or make him try the bottle! plus he refuses to eat most solids so i dont know when i will be able to wean leh
sad.gif

PD says that must cut down milk no matter what. and that i shld be worried if dylan still refusing solids by the time he is 1 year old. faint!! thats not very far off leh!!

to e still direct bfg moms,

if we are ard, e bbs will def choose to suckle fr neh rather than fr teat rite? (who wldnt?) i tell u..it's e worst in e nites..somehow, e bbs will only want e moms. no one, i repeat, no one, has been able to help me put her to bed. when she wakes up in e middle of e nite n doesnt see me, she wont stop crying. even my hb cant do anythg to pacify her. it's damn tiring la..ppl say its becz of bfg, tts why e bb is like tt. so i say we bite e bullet n go thru it! they will grow out of it sooner or later n that's when we'll start to miss all e cuddling (n suckling).

when i think of weaning my baby off BM, i also dun know where to start. she has not had the bottle since she was ard 6 mths, now intend to introduce for 1 bottle feed a day, dun know how it will work out.....

my baby still waking up a few times at nite for feeding.....how to wean off if she still want to suck all nite long....sigh...so i think must wean off feedings in the middle of the nite.....anyone got any suggestions how to wean off these nite feedings, apart from letting her cry until she is tired?

haizzz.... last feed at nite n mid nite feedlings... cham cham le... i oso duno any way out then to let her cry.. wich i bo sim to do so .. dat's y til now stil like dat

Salute the mummies whoare still bfing... especially those bbs with teeth liao. My Ah Pui still toothless, hahhahaa... maybe if I am still bfing, I will not have nipples with teeth marks. kekeke...

Back