(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

valeriet,
Nope, not heavy based. You must look for toy ride which either can stop or go slower... Mine can stop, there is a stopper.

gloomybear,
Ya ya, papaya!!! So clever.... mine this week just head down to the mat. Mine know how to climb up the sofa but dunno how to do what yr ger did. So clever!!!

Missylan
I was referring to the toy with wheels which JK was pushing till it hits the balcony glass door. What is that? Is it heavy? I am looking for something heavy to let QJ push around.

Tks for the pic of the walking wings.

gloomybear
she's so clever. did u teach Arielle or she just did it herself?

re potty training,
what type of potty did u all get? i'm clueless how to go abt doing it.

Mummies who tried the Gymboree trial. Anyone has signed up? We went for a 2nd trial at Tanglin today. The place there seems bigger but Harbourfront staff are more spontaneous & engaging during the class.

missylan,

Ya, I did get the kiddo toilet seat..hehe, my boy's butt is big but not so big to fit the adult's size..hahah

Urine dish? Huh? Mine dun have leh, just a normal kiddo toilet seat to be placed on the adult toilet seat cover when using it..

eve, i taught her about 2 months ago.. keep pushing her butt to the corner first. she learnt it within a day. but that time her hands not so strong yet, so still got "accidents". now she does it effortlessly.... i sometime regret teaching her u know... keeps climbing up and down, up and down... hehehhe very busy leh

anyone has good recommendations for photoshoots? thinking of taking my twins to do it sometime close to their one year birthday lei... ;P

Jean,
I got mine years ago at Toysrus... It has a detachable urine dish for boys so that when they poo poo and urine at the same time, it will not shoot out or onto caregiver. =)

Gloomybear,
Clever la, better than mine right, head down like aeroplane. Hahhaaa...

gloomybear,
we were teaching shirui how to get off her platform bed last nite .. my HB saw her doing it the other nite... so he wanted let her perform for us last nite .. but somehow she prob forgot how she do it liao.. and ended up crying for me to go n save her .. =P
shall try again tonite =D

eve,
u went for the trial last wkend? haizz.. i haven bring sr for trial yet leh .. jialat.. veri lobo mummy here =(
so did bb enjoy himself more @ tangling or @ harbor?

mummies,
noe where to get nice piglet, winnie the pooh cakes? tinking of getting it for shirui's bd .. dunno got time anot .. jialat..

slimz,

i got my pooh cake from bengawan solo, they managed to squeeze out the 2kg cake for me in less than 2 days. good for last minute orders.. keke.

Slimz, I brought him there yest. He enjoyed more @ tanglin cos he slept until bao bao b4 going. Still undecided whether to sign up. U on npl now. Got more time to go since more classes on weekdays 4 u to choose.

slimz, keep teaching. they very fast forget one. then when they do it correct, keep praising them
happy.gif

missylan,
when is your pui pui's bday? He's really fast. I tried to get my gal to stand, but she always prefers to get down on the floor. Tried to put her on a pushing walker, she'll sit down instead. I've used walking wings, but I ended up carrying her while she floats in the air...

how did you teach ur boy to stand and then walk?

valeriet, that's the walking ride i have also. no issue with it being light-weighted
happy.gif

sometime arielle even push her walker (the one with 8wheels ard! roll very fast lor!

Jeelomeelo, i don't think it will be worth it to buy walking ride from overseas. it's bulky so shipping fees will be enough to kill.
the walking ride i bought from robinsons during sales less than $50 i think

gloomybear
Arielle has no problems using the walking ride? Seems like she's quite zai ah? Maybe hb and I worry too much about QJ going too fast with the walking ride. When hb not around I will try again. Haha ...

jeelomeelo,
those ride too bulky liao, no point get fr overseas like what gloomybear said.

Rachel Wee,
His bird day aah, 30th Nov.

valeriet,
Ya, heavy or light not an issue. Best is to get adjustable wheels. Meaning can go slower and faster, some even can lock the wheels.

<font size="+1">Julia Gabriel's Mandarin PlayNest</font>
Any SAHM mummies want to join? I am thinking of enrolling PuiPui in Evans 11am(weekdays) slot but got to find out what are the days available. Any mummies want join can pm me ok. I remember their PlayClub pricing is $800+ for 10 weeks and twice a week. So each lesson is ard $40+. Hope I don't rmb wrongly. PlayNest might be slightly cheaper cos 1½hrs only where PlayClub is 2hrs.

bbngg haha. Ya.. I also find it v cute. Then yest so funny. The moment he see me back from work... he do the orr orr shui jiao thing again. Somethings machine spoilt.. he'll do gong xi gong xi, orr orr shui jiao, yao tou.. all one after another. lol

Hahaha... yah so cute.

My boy will also do the shake head, nod head and bye bye things over and over again. Machiam like machine spoilt liks that. Hahaha...

ya valeriet, arielle has no prob with the walking ride. although light, the wheels are not very "slippery". at the most fall down nia mah... lol i don't worry too much. *bad mummy*

BBnGG/Bluelily
Your boys r so clever... can shake head, nod head and do all those things. Mine still doesnt know. Showed him and he either just stare blankly at me or laugh out loud.

Gloomybear,
Now i know why u say regret teaching Arielle how to get off the bed. Today i decided to try by turning Ethan backwards and slowly let him touch his legs on the ground. By evening, as and when he remembered, he turned himself tummy down, then start crawling backwards trying to reach the edge of the bed. The moment he touched the ground, he gave me that satisfied look. Now i'm very scared when i see him crawling backwards cos he just anyhow crawl backwards to feel the edge. Sometimes, he just crawl until the edge of the bed but at the wrong direction down.

cocoangel, go see ba. haha.

eve, diff bb master different skills 1st. Mine slow in motor skills, cant cruise yet. Legs still abit jelly. Jr like to crawl towards the edge of the bed everytime. But my bed super high.. even if I teach him how to climb down properly.. we wont be able to reach! But it'll be gd if he can climb down the shorter mattress.. cos this bad mummy already let him KonK 2-3 times head down 1st liao. Heng that one not v high..

Anyone's bb likes to knock his head? Mine loves to knock his head against his playpen top, his cot, hard toys... V jialat leh. He like cant feel the pain.. can knock till forehead red. Everytime we tried to stop him or scold him, he cry. Hai...

bluelily
mine opposite leh...will cry at the slightest knock..even when he hits himself with the toy accidentally.

steffi, i think mine got tie tou gong. If he hit himself with a toy accidentally, he'll hit it again n again. Seems like he enjoys it! I've read online that this head knocking thing is does happen in some babies.. n is normal. But... it's getting frustrating. Wish I can stop him from doing that.

bluelily
i also read that babies sometime do that cos they enjoy the attention and reaction from the adults etc. They may be thinking that its funny..

steffi, that's right! When we scold him or tell him not to, he'll knock even more! So maybe we shd ignore him for a few times n see if he'll stop it? Think my boy will grow up to be v naughty.. tell him not to he purposely do it. Hai...

long time never log in here...hehs...

wah...the babies all progressing so well.
happy.gif

Mine can't nod head or shake head yet. When she wants her things, she'll just scream. Ask her "this one? or that one?" she'll scream. If she dun want, she'll also scream. And push away. Think I have a screamer. And she screams all the time. when giving her a wipe down, changing her clothes...aiyoh. Maciam we are torturing her...

bluelily, my bed plus mattress also super high, when he is reversing down my bed, it is super scary to see his leg dangling there. I always rescue him when I saw him climbing down.

Steffi, my boy will pretend to cough or laugh out loud to catch my attention.

it's soooo farnee reading all your posts. my little eshan is also starting to walk. He holds things and walks but is a little scared to let go. he loves to sing tho....will always sing along when i sing nursery rhymes. very very cute..he says mummy, daddy, mama (uncle in tamil) mum mum (food) and amma (grandma) and ba ba (byebye) he loves to watch his learning DVDs but he absolutely refuses the bottle... so my mum feeds him milk by spoon...can die man. poor fella looks so skinny now.

was wondering if any of you have gone on a long trip with your babies yet...cos I'm going to melbourne in year end and want some advise. eshan went on his first plane trip to kl with grandma and grandpa but tt was just a short trip..

PB,
That is fast. All mine do is shout. Shout when he wants his toy, simply shout when he wants attention. He is still saying "Baba baba... ah ah ah ma ma baba"...

PB, I brought my boy on 5 Day trip to Yangtze 3 Gorges last week. Lots of things to bring: clothes, milk powder, diapers etc. I used sterilising tablets during the trip.

It was an easy trip for us coz we were on a cruise, so just dump everything in the room. And my boy lets everyone carry him, so we had lots of help from other passengers.

During flight, remember to give baby water periodically. The air is very dehydrating, and when the ears get blocked, sipping water will help to equalise.

re: baby getting down fr sofa/bed
i taught mal during the genting trip since got nothing to do in the hotel room. he did that himself after a few lesson. i think babies really can learn very fast, but also can forget just overnight. never underestimate our babies haha..

re: pushing ride
i have one FP but also find it light. mal doesn't like to push it but he likes to "eat" the handle.. sigh... so end up he will bend down his body and "buah" the handle left to right.. his molar teeth came out before his front teeth. abit like vampire now plus he likes to laugh until mouth wide wide, aiyor....

alien!!! My boy also! His top front teeth bo gey, but his canines came out already, machiam like vampire!!!

Everyone says he is so strange. So now I know he is not the only one...

My boys bottom teeth also very funny. Usually people will have middle 2 incisors mah. His is 2 left insicors, so he's vampire with crooked smile!

HI mommies,
Just want to ask if any mommies is using Pampers Active Baby(purple colour packaging) L(38pcs) n XL(34pcs)? Cos I have a few Ls and XLs to let go at :
L(38pcs)-$20/-
XL(34pcs)-$18/-
Int, pls sms or call me at 91451454

mummies,
need some advise.

can we mix the FM for Step 1 and Step 2 in one feed? I've been supplementing my gal's feed with Mamex Gold Step 1 (0-12 mths). Now I plan to switch to Mamex Gold Step 2 (6-12mths) - cheaper option mah. But I'm wondering how to do so...

TIA!
happy.gif

PB,
i've brought my gal for a 9 days trip to Japan. It's not that difficult actually. You've got to bring a lot of things tho. Stroller( to be used as feeding chair in the hotel), lots of diapers and wipes, clothes, bathing necessities ( bring along your non-slip mat in case bath tub in hotel doesn't provide), toys and things to entertain your baby. You really need things to entertain your baby esp when you're on the plane or on bus or train rides. On the plane, feed your baby during take off and descending (it's not so much the landing, but descending time that the pressure is high). Baby food is available aplenty in Aust, so you won't have problem with that.

Hope this helps.. Just enjoy..your baby will be a year old by then..so it's a little easier.

Back