(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

hi mummies, sneaking a peek at the forum now while pumping milk in school. it's been a rough day. am so tired now it's not funny. dunno how the teachers with more than 2 or more kids are able to cope...am awfully behind in my marking and the mid-year exams are round the corner. gotta work full day tomorrow again because my school has a fund-raising carnival. sometimes i wish i was back in the corporate sector. can forget about work after knocking off, no need to bring tonnes of marking home, do OT can get time off or claim OT...i told my hubby the other day, u better get rich soon so i can concentrate on looking after Matty! now I'm looking after other ppl's children while Matty is neglected.

oh i bought the magmag cup last night, didn't know that mummies here are discussing about it also heeeheee. will let matty try then update u all. he seems to like sipping water off a spoon rite now, hope he will take to the cup well.

ok. back to work... @_@

re: mag mag cup
mummies, all this while i only let chloe us teat no. 2 from avent. is it okay to train her on this mag mag cup???

happy.gif

hihi,

i havent logged on for a long time since birth.. been bz getting used to new job n taking care of bb at nite, too tired to follow the threads, but now settling down n able to go home earlier for bb
happy.gif

junnie, poor gal, i nearly cried when i read ur msg.. bb needs u, u have to be strong ok?

bb can drink cup already? wanted to buy the other day but hubby said bb still too young @ 6 months so ended up not buying..

thanks for the tips tho..

TGIF!! tmr's mummy n bb day again, hee..

hi junnie! poor thing leh.. shame on dat idiot who stole ur hp! haiz, each time i hear of lance i very heartpain..

garden & bbwow, dun worie about the feeding and rejection etc.. pls dun give up! itz only a phase & i'm sure many of us went thru rejection of food from our babies too. tink u shd just stick to one type/brand of cereal dat u wan ur baby to eat and see it thru.. tink of it this way, do u change the brand of FM or even ur breastmilk evrytime ur baby rejects milk (unless itz due to allergies etc)? no right? and u are e one who choose the milk also ma.. so dun worie mummies!! u r doing fine okie?

gingerleaf,
i saw the all in one set all comes only in orange colour, no choices.

chintz,
not sure, but the mag mag cup comes with step 1 nipple top can start from 3 months onwards so perhaps chloe can try lor.

junnie pig07,
yah when i was in SGH also surf net using wireless@SG but dunno if NUH also have?

re: Mag Mag cup

My boy used the stage 2 cup when he was 5 mths.. din buy the full set since he has been drinking fr nipple teat with normal bottles. Will buy the straw top to replace stage 2 teat later on..

Chintz, I thk the stage 2 teat is quite easy to get used to.. he took ard 2 days to master it. So maybe Chloe can try to skip stage 1 as well?

mag mag cup
my boy used mag mag cup when he is 4mth and change stage 2 when he was 5mth+. i like blue colour one but for stage 3 (8th month onward). the 1 full-set that i bought only come with orange.

Re Gymboree,

bbwow & sanbebe, can you PM me your HP number?
Gymboree requested for the mummies contact no. but I couldn't find yours in the database. Thanks!

chintz.. u wanna try chloe on teat 3 from avent.. seems like thats for 3 m+..
i let my boy tried last week.. at 1st scared he choke or leak alot.. surprisingly never . think he s ready for faster flow haha..

just me not accustomed to him finish milk so fast.. last time can take 15-20 mins.. now 10 mins done

sugar nut ... thanks for yr help ... no for my trip all not confirm one .. cos hb need to check his schdule again and again one ... sometime plan liao also cannot go cos he need to be on duty ... if really cannot change den we will see how ... dun worry too much ... thanks again ... ;D

madlynette
there really is the mag mag all in one set?!! wow.. u r super fast. will bugger my hubby to get one of these days. dun have the robinson card or else i'll buy it alr. now have to depend on when he wanna get.
sad.gif

hippo
thx for ur consolation. sigh... okie, i'll try my best to perserve on... without tearing all my hair out in the process... :D

Garfield,
Sorry u mentioned which clinic or PD you visit regularly? didn't know the place..is the doc good?

re Mag Mag Cup
I started using it when DS is about 4months plus..train him to carry his own drink! haha...nowadays i tried to let him hold his milk (the usual Avent bottle), he can only hold for few seconds then let go! very funny expression he had! Like so tired & heavy to hold...hee

Childcare:
Yes..i must start looking out for it as Jurong West CC are very hot! Alot of good CC has already taken up..some waiting list like 25? urrgh!

Hi,

Someone asked me about millet right?

I use my grinder (those multi function food processor) to grind and cook as per brown rice. Also try grined pearl barely too. He seems to prefer millet and barely to brown rice..

cheers

gingerleaf,

thanks for the link! but anyone know where to get it? OG? Robinsons? Taka? aiyo..

hippo,

thanks for the encouragement. I shall perserve!!! kekeke

re: mag mag cup
I got that yesterday too! went to robinson and they're having 20% off for most brands! so got some stuff for avent and the mag mag cup. mummies, it's time to shop! ;)

yea..at least i saw for avent, pigeon & tollyjoy.

my boy woke up from his nap n who knows he secretly crawlin n landed on the floor!! argghh!! so heartpain now!
sad.gif

mummies,
me buzy buzy ah..now in office working
sad.gif
wah, so many babies already know how to crawl!! my BB is one of the fastest to show sign of crawling but after that nothing happen.. lazy bum..

saw mad's baby girl. from the picture she post lah..wow, she look so tall just like mummy! some more can sit steadily and can crawl.mm.. think her baby will be our baby's big sister..kekek....

how's Lance? sorry, can't keep up with the post..hope he has recovered...

yeah, i want to meet you mummies someday.. think we will have tonnes of baby topic to talk abt..keke...ok, me going back to work liao..

ecookie,

I have been searching for teat no. 3 and it's out stock lately. Strange, a month back it was no. 4 that's OSS.

Today i let chloe used teat no. 4, she felt strange in the beginning but it went well after that
happy.gif

hi all,

been following the tread on and off for the past few weeks but no time to post...

now at the airport waiting for my flight as it is delayed..

going to cebu with hubby for a few days and leaving baby with bbsitter. think will prob miss her a lot..
sad.gif
and on the other hand, also look forward to this trip quite a bit to spend some "lomantic" time with hb.
happy.gif

looking forward to see all of u soon at the gym class..
happy.gif

oh yah,

anyone of u had any probs feeding bb with water?
bb clare really detests drinking water a lot.. and she will always stage a war with me or bbsitter when fed with water.. seems like we r feeding her poison like dat.. been trying for many weeks and it's still like dat. any remedy???? anyone??

fed bb clare with cereals for the 1st time myself today and i must say it is really a fun experience for me! somethg different, feeding vai spoon and seeing her mouth surrounded by the cereals :p

gingerleaf: saw ur blog with e pic of lyn's mouth when fed with veg.. looked amusing .. oni today then i understd wat dat meant

would like to update u guys on the sentosa trip we went 2 weekends ago. the 2 storey suite which we booked with private rooftop and jacuzzi was rather disappointing. room was extremly small and totally unlike e picture we saw on the internet.. jacuzzi was so tiny dat it prob could oni fit one person. we "complained" to the hotel and was upgraded to the villa which had a muhc bigger open air jacuzzi. bb clare was quite apprenhensive during the 1st swim. din really dare to move at all. let her try on the 2nd day and it was better, she had warmed up from the prev day and was busy kicking away. oni let her swim for 15 min. felt so wasted soc i saw earlier postings of bb swimming for abt 45min!

on e whole, felt the villa is not worth e money, abt $1.2k a nite. so would not recommend it to anyone.

Hi mummies,

I have the same problem with magic cup from Avent. My girl just suck until the lips red red but never drink a single sip. But I like the idea of non-drip. Went to look for other alternatives, intially wanted to buy the mag mag as well but it never say non-drip. I bought the training tips from NUK both big and small but becuase it does not have non-drip function, it will get very messy esp if I want to feed her juice instead of plain water. So today, end up bought a nuby training cup that has the non-drip function. Will let her try tomorrow.

BTW, JL at marina having 30% rebate via vouchers for all items.

Cereal,
today I let my girl try the HT brown rice and I think she like it. personally I like the smell also. Tasted frisocream on friday and it is really a bit sweet.

Hi! I'm a mom staying in Clementi....
I used to be an instructor for a popular right-brained school. I'm thinking of setting up small groups of 6 for babies 4months to children 3 years old. Lesson plans are a little similar to the lessons in those in right-brained schools.
Can email me at : [email protected] for more details

Hi mummies,

I just received my order from babycenter, and it's too loose for me @ the
underbust area.

This is the Original Nursing Bra -Plus, in S.
On the product info, it says that S is good for 32-36, C-D. But I think it's
will be quite loose
for 32 (i'm a 32).

You can view the product at
http://store.babycenter.com/product/maternity/the+original+nursing+bra+-+plus.do?

Designed with care in Canada, Made with pride in Mexico.

Would like to sell at SGD$50.

morning mummies!

After a week of trying cereal, I'm almost at the verge of giving up.

I've concluded that he HATES cereal. Why?

He takes apples & pears. He will keep asking for it. Or whenever he sees us taking fruits, he will make noise and open his mouth.

But when he sees the cereal and spoon, mouth close tight. sigh...

garden_dreamz,
how about you? any luck?

bbwow
have a v.slight improvement perhaps? i noticed that mornings, he can take 1 tbsp of HT cereal mixed with milk, but when afternoons, he simply doesn't want. dunno is it morning more blur so can take, afternoon more alert,so refuse?!!

i tried making his cereal so so thin, its like water n he took some. so mayb u can try tat?

my boy also like urs, when see the cereal in the bown n spoon, he will twist his face n like wanna do anything he can to worm away but unfortunately he can't coz he's in the highchair! :D

haha... at least ur boy takes apples! :D tot bb take to sweet stuff like fish to water, but when i give him some apple juice, he gives a 'yuck' face, as if i'm giving him something sour to eat. n he takes v.little also. tried to put into cereal, worse, everything dun wan liao.

bbwow
i also managed to finally find heinz 4mths n above cereal from ntuc, so will try tat out if HT really really can't for him... have ur boy tried heinz?

madlynette & garden_dreamz,

yep. Tried that too. Tried Heinz & Healthy times. Mix with milk / water / puree / creamy / watery but still don't take it. Saw spoon and bowl, mouth close liao. Saw apple, orange, pear, mouth open big big. I even tried to let him suck on the apple then while he's sucking, quickly change and put the cereal in his mouth. But his actions very fast! hahaha

garden dreamz,
yah i also see the heinz 1st rice cereal is back in stock but too late i have bought the organic one, ok since my ger is already 6 mths.

bwow,
aiyoh, how like dat, so clear your boi dun like cereal one. hehe! just give puree lor.

Sigh, really no time to follow thread! Can only "pop" by and read a bit..

garden_dreamz, bbwow,

Mine also the same! Dun like cereal at all.. Mouth close the moment he sees the spoon with cereal.I think will give him puree mix with cereal.He is okie with puree.. It's oki if they dun like cereal can always substitue with other foods. Very soon they will be into porridge.
happy.gif
dun fret so much!

jojer,

so now you only give puree? I only worried like garden_dreamz that puree don't have the sufficient iron like what cereal have lor... cause fruits still don't have the nutrients that cereal has ma...

Boys are really very naughty...hmph

bbwow,

ya, will stop awhile.I intend to let him try puree first and will mix the purees he tried into cereal and let him try again.. Just give him more variety of taste.
Boys more fussy than gers ah! hahaha..

Hi gingerleaf sorry i need to use the hotmail a/c instate of the yahoo one ... hmm as for JB no nothing is confrim yet ...

Last Sat Carlson got his 6 in 1 ject ... so he is having fever since den hmm pengz dun want to eat or drink only want me,hb,jie jie and maid. can also see him slom down liao ... he was 8.4kg and 69cm at 7th mth ... doc say good size.

bbwow/jojer/madlynette
my boy doesn't like apple puree leh. i steamed then mashed the apple until like applesauce like that, actually v.yummy to me but he doesn't like it at all. but when i grate the apple n squeeze the juice out for him to drink, he gives a yuck face but still manage to swallow it eventually.

agree with jojer, boys more fussy than gers! :D

but i dunno if i should dilute the apple juice that i'm giving him now. wonder if its too sweet for him.

Back