(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

Morning mummies,

Dodo! How is zq today?

bbwow, sometimes during weekend chloe can take 2 naps, about total of 2-3hr. but mostly in the weekdays, she naps once only

Morning mummies!

bbwow,
lyn normally takes 2 naps. one from 11plus-1plus and the other from 3plus-5plus. Lately she's been sleeping lesser or she sleeps longer during one of the nap n skip the other.
MIL says its becoz kids this age sleeps lesser coz more active. *shrug*

morning mummies
yday was busy to read & post.

Dodo:
read abt zq's ulcer. Like other mummies said, can try to apply bonjela or other lotion for ulcer to soothe his pain.Few wks ago,shanice oso had whole mouth of ulcer,we bought her to doc & was given a bot of lotion to apply.After applying for few days,it all cleared.

Dun stress too much, take care of urself & bb darius too.Does zq drink a lot of water? I think if he still drink a lot,it shld b ok.

ecookie:
hope yz's bruise go off soon.

re:sleeping schedule
shanice is taking 2 naps on wkdays at IC & only 1 nap on wkends

gingerleaf, ya lor, i come in before 8am every day..

u also very early today!
happy.gif

Morning Mummies...

Gingerleaf,
U are early today!
happy.gif

dodo,
Hope ZQ is feeling better today. Of coz, yourself too. Dun be too stressed out. Though it's easy say than done, but u do need to keep motivate yourself n be positive. U can do it... Oct07 Mummies are always here for you.
happy.gif

bbwow,
Jerry take 2 naps too. One from 10plus to 12 & the other 3plus to 5. However, when weekend is packed with activities, he will skip the morning nap.
I read up and it's norm to take a nap a day @ their current age.
I am in the midst of deciding whether to adjust Jerry's naps from 2 to 1.

hi mummies!

dodo, poor zq.. pls dun get too upset over it. zq will recover well under ur great care soon ya? it must be the weather as the doc suggested as pple always fall sick during such weather. plus zq is trying to adapt to the new weather too.. agree with gingerleaf on the terrible 2s stage.. dun be too hard on urself! tink of little darius as well. u want him to be as smiley as gor gor right? =P biggest hugs..

ecookie, i hope yz's fine! his bruise gone down?

bbwow, happy for u! must have been a great deal?

i'm going to hkg as expected too!! i wld love to go somewhr further but hmm.. it qing ming & i need to bring adri to pay her respects..

sleeping: adri still takes 2 naps.. =)

chintz,
u reached office b4 8am everyday? u start work at 8? Thats early. Ur office where?

doobom,
nice to see u here! How come today so free can log in??

doobom/chintz,
Im early hor. Im also surprise! Hahahah. Somemore I slept after 430am. Work up to lyn's cries in the morning and then couldnt go back to sleep coz hungry. Ate a good breakfast of fried egg and ham sandwich, and trying to do some work now to prevent myself from dozing off. Hehhe.

chintz, doobom, cherie,

thanks for sharing. J also takes 2 naps on weekends but weekdays only 1 nap! and the 1 nap only last for 1hr which leads him to being very tired by 7pm. MIL said he refused to take his day nap but I don't have such problems with weekends leh.

gingerleaf,
the SA tour got promo for 1st 5 customer of each destination 2nd pax only need to pay 30% of the package! So for Hokkaido, we paid 2.8k inc tax for 2 pax.

bbwow, ur MIL and my MIL sama2 one leh.. -___-

gingerleaf, i work at upp paya lebar, my working hr starts at 8:15!! hb will drop me here before he rush to his office, he starts work at 8am!! hee

gingerleaf! u'll doze off soon after the good brekkie.. keke.. hkg trip's end of mar.. aiyo 1 wk+ nia.. not seasoned enuff.. LOL! still got lots to learn though so can't be here for long too.. keke

chintz, itz reali early man! and here i m complaining abt my 8.30am.. haha!

morning mummies! so many posts!
happy.gif

dodo: how are you? did zq take his dinner n drinks well yesterday? hope his ulcers are recovering well. so heartache to hear him cry n slap his mouth...
sad.gif

u take care and dun be too harsh for yourself, we will bound to lose temper on the little ones from time to time, somemore u are preggy now n will be more emotionally sensitive.

bbwow: oh no, J slipped and hit his head before? lucky hes fine.
that day when my hb came back from buying brekkie, he got a shock of his life when he saw me hugging yz like a siao zabor and sobbing. after finding out wats wrong, he quickly take over and asked me go wash up and eat my breakfast. then later in the day he said heng hes not the one ard when yz knocked his head cos i surely scold him like mad. wah he made me so guilty.

chintz: really early! make sure you sleep early cos as u progress with pregnancy will get more and more tired so must rest well!

gingerleaf: 430am! if im u, now will be like a walking zombie liao.

bbwow: wow GOOD deal! ur mum damn ON leh, 2am go queue up!
happy.gif

but good that she secured the good deal for u!
J is going japan! so happy!

re nap time:
yz sleeps ard 11-12+noon and 3plus -5plus when he's with my MIL on mon-wed. my parents struggling to let him nap on thurs n fri but will manage to do so for 2x a day still. come to weekends, his nap time all screwed up when with me cos always bringing him out. so most of the time nap once. in all his sleep time is ard 12hrs only. is this enuff? cos he slept late ard 9+ but always ard 7am normally!

chintz,
Thats really early sia! Then gotta wakie so earlie to send chloe to MIL's!

ecookie,
wah, what ur hb said sounds like what my hb will say to me. If its him who made the mistake, I'll sure scold him like mad.

hippo,
Hehehe. Dunno can shift in by then or not. Also dunno when can collect keys.

Yesterday my frd told me to go google my new place, see got murder or not. Freaked me out manz. Apparently, there was a murder case in a condo in holland, whereby a maid was murdered by a bangala and stuffed into a box n stuffed into a cupboard. Somemore it was a new estate thats not even completed! The owners so suay! Bought a new hse but didnt even get a chance to stay in it.

ecookie,

opps. you just make me feel guilty. we're not bringing J along cause it's a package tour.
that time J slipped and fell and hit the back of his head at the bathtub. I was so worried the skull internal bleed or what leh. I scold and hit my hubby so hard while crying cause J was crying like mad. so far he's still ok la. *cross fingers*

hippo,
can we go celebrate our birthdays together and gingerleaf's new place? kekeke I'm so thick skin

gingerleaf: wah thats a scary story sia!
eh yah, housewarming at ur hse leh, then yz can go n play with lyn's many many toys!!

bbwow: haha u still hit ur hb somemore!!! maybe i'll do the same if in ur shoes, cos hit head really no joke. but dun worry for J, its been so long and he still his playful self means hes totally fine!
happy.gif

so whos taking care of J for u when u are away? MIL?

ecookie, gingerleaf & bbwow, so we are the abusive wives? ha! datz wat i'll do too.. will surely scold one.. tsk tsk..

gingerleaf, spooky!

bbwow, i was tinking of u when i typed dat leh.. and junnie too! hahaha.. ok, let's all celebrate @ gingerleaf's.. LOL.. super thick-skinned of me too lor! kekekeke...

hippo,

hehehe..then can we have a jul baby bash? :p gingerleaf can loan her place? hahahah buey tahan myself

ecookie,
ya. J will stay with my MIL. We're only going in May. CAN'T WAIT! Actually wanted to go Europe but have to be away for so long.

So any mummies got tips on Hokkaido? I only know the crabs!

bbwow: hokaiddo seems so fun!! hb actually suggested there but i insist on europe heh. let me know more what is good to be done there when you are back. then i can start pestering my hb to go in Q3 this year. hiaks

dodo,

relax... our bbies have more than enough fats to burn. Try to get him to drink water when he is just awake... abit blur blur.. maybe cab get some water into it.. if not, try to wet his lip now and then. Is must be v painful on him..

Brig also sick.. down with the stupid flu again.. i seriously think he isa llergy to something.. but still no choice to go for allergy test as he never out of med for 3 days..

U may want to consider allergy test for him>>

Good afternoon mummies.

Ecookie,
Oh hope YZ's bruise is better today. Guess falling and knocking is part of growing up. Just glad that it seems not serious.

Dodo,
Don't be too hard on yourself. You are doing great Maybe you can try making the juice into small ice cube ? So that it's sweet and cooling ? Is he able to drink milk ?

YL,
Was just wondering when you'd given birth. How old is baby now ? Maybe can try 'ru yi you 如意油 ?drip a few drop on your hand and rub to warm up. then place you hand on baby's tummy.

Can add me into your facebook too. [email protected]

Bbwow,
Caelen usually naps once a day. Sometime as short as 30 mins, sometime as long as 2 and half hour. At night normally sleeps from 8.30pm to next day 8.30am.

Gingerleaf,
Congrats on your new place. Don't rush and hold Hippo's BDay lah .... hold in Sept for our babies 2nd birthday bash better ... kekeke.

BBwow, Hippo...
you girls also Cancerian ?? Me too ! .. But I think I'm the old crab among us :p

mummies,

thanks for all ur concerns! so touched...
last evening when i wana feed him dinner, as usual he turned his face here n there, covered his mouth under his hands, i got no choice but to take out a small plastic bowl wi few spoonful of rice, gave him a spoon and "play" wi it, he tried to self feed himself, so when he tried to open his mouth i quickly feed in the rice wi soup.. so he blur blur took half bowl of it.. but soon he sick of this game and start to cover hs mouth wi hands again.. argh!

when come to the night milk, his pattern as usual, cover here n there.. give him stars, cheerios, bread to bluff him all no use.. so i din manage to feed him much milk, think less than 100ml.. luckily this morning when i changed his diaper still quite heavy... very scared he will dehydrate..
sad.gif

then this morning, his pattern came out again. so i put some peanut butter spread on the bread (he never try this b4), to "encourage" him to open his mouth.. so i manage to feed all the milk! really can celebrate on this!!!

when lunch just now, i let him self feed again then i quickly feed him some rice wi soup again and he only finished half bowl then start throwing temper again.. but he loves apple, can finish 1 big one when i grate to him..

perlicia,
thanks for the med name! here very difficult to get kid's med leh.. even pharmacy of big hospital dun sell Bonjela.. so i got my sis to post it to me from spore! and i have been applying that on him diligently.. hope it helps! thanks for all mummies advices!

chris,
oh dear.. hope brig recover soon!
yes like what jovialz said, i brough zq to NUH for allergy test of 13 most common allergens, he is sensitive to one of the dustmite that will trigger his breathway prob.. u may like to bring brig for the test also.. but bring him there when he's all well, i think the doctor is called dr lynette.. the doctor and nurses there very good!

re nap:
i notice zq is in transition of 2 naps to 1 nap per day.. if he nap twice a day, timing usually like 10-11am, then 2-4pm.. if nap once a day usually like 12-230pm.. then at night i usually put him to bed ard 8-830pm.. and he will sleep till 7-730am the next day.. his napping & sleeping timing quite fix...
i read some articles which mentioned toddler at this stage is common to nap once a day.. so i guess as long as their total sleeping hours a day 12-13hours shd be okay bah..
actually i think once a day nap also good, to prepare them for cc if they are attending..

oh mummies,

to answer some of ur ques, zq dun like to drink milk & water at all! very headache on this.. wonder shd i change FM brand... sigh...

hi
i enjoy coming back to read this thread. for support.
happy.gif

i thot 1 is hard to handle, now with 2 (& such a close age gap-14mth), is very tiring. but somehow we manage althou there are super tired days when both are cranky.

dodo, glad to know that zq is starting to take the food and fruits.. kudos to you
happy.gif

eh, btw, instead of peanut butter, u wanna try jam instead? cos i think 'peanut' butter is rather heaty? no?

feed him with more apples!!
happy.gif
yumz yumz!

chintz,
had ur lunch already?
happy.gif

it's really very challenging to feed him nowadays! i must chut many new patterns.. and really test my patience to the limit!!!

i tried his usual blueberry jam he dun wan leh.. so i tried peanut butter loh.. bopian.. since the allergy test said he not allergy to it :p
i desperate liao!!!

ya ya.. i keep grating the apple till my hand ache!!!

dodo, im having my lunch now! in front of the computer screen and ps-ing away too. haha

i've been so lazy to go out for lunch these days...

somebody mentioned about making fruity ice cube ya? i think that should work too! it sound so fresh and juicy to me
happy.gif
maybe u wanna try for zq!
happy.gif

chintz,

hee.. u very BUSY hor! :p

ya, i think jovialz mentioned that.. good idea also, maybe can try out later.. let me think what fruits in my fridge.. maybe pear! pear here very cheap n nice!

hee.. chintz, read abt ur craving, super healthy leh! i never had such craving one.. always wana eat extra spicy and fried food :p

gingerleaf,

if got housewarming must let me know ya! think i will stay in spore after delivery till early july bah.. hope can make it on time! hee :p

dodo: good to hear that u managed to let zq take some solids n milK! u are doing good!
and u are really patient can chu many patterns to feed him.
happy.gif

YL: ur 2nd one is a girl or boy? 2 mths old liao?
happy.gif

nap: yah think i should try to let yz nap once a day from 12+ onwards after his lunch n bath. to prepare him for his transition to cc. .. hmm.

chris: hope brig will get well soon. u really should consider bringing him to an allergy test once he has recovered.

thanks mummies for the concern. yz bruise has gone down in height but slightly bigger in width. haha if you know what i mean. think its on the way of going.. gone!

ecookie,
i read abt ur blog on the benjamin button leh.. sounds like a very touching movie! i wana watch also, but guess i have to wait till DVD is out.. no more movie time for me now...
sad.gif

dodo, ya yesterday really ki siao, itch for that so much!!!
happy.gif
oops, crave i mean :p

eh, u know what, my hb always ban me from watching sad shows when preggie, in a way good also, if not, too down and sad after that :p will affect ur bb Darius oh!!~~

ecookie,

thanks! actually im very impatient person, but really no choice now, even if he takes abit of solid & liquid can make my day! coz the last thing i wan is to send a dehydrated him to a hospital here....

glad that yz's buah duku subside! no worry gal, kids bound to collect such thing along the way.. u know what, i tao chio when read abt ur hubby's reaction.. got once when zq's under my hubby care he also careless and let him fall down and knock the side of his head, i also angry coz i was in kitchen.. i asked him where zq hurt himself then he pointed that part to me.. so i said u will get it later! then he very scared keep saying sorry sorry no next time liao but i dun care! when zq sleep for the night already, i knocked that side of his head wi my fist! coz i so angry lah!! very abusive wife hor :p

chintz,
haa!!! i watched alot of sad shows when preggie wi zq leh.. i repeatedly watch the "tian you de jie ti".. cried till like duno what..
and i remembered once when i wana built up my "qing xu" to the climax of the show and cry it out, hubby just walked to the doorstep and asked me "u wana buy toto or not?" wah lao!!! i really angry and fuming then, spoilt all my mood liao!

then i must keep singing happy songs to zq so darius will be a happy boy also! :p

Back