(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

ALLOOOOOOOOOOOOO LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe miss me yet???

ling : bedebe stay over the pie (correct me if i am wrong) hehe

regards to speech : k hasnt start her 2 words phrase but i am not really worried... its just a matter of time :p i am happy that she is trying to sing quite a number of songs by herself! hehe

what she does now is.. if i sing old mcd has a farm.. she go E I E I OOOOOOOOO....
she does attempt to sing twinkle2 by herself.. hehehe TOTALLY hilarious! and she loves to sing the clean up song by JG! ALthough she doesnt really do the action! GRR!

OH! i have to "boast" a bit... i was quite impressed that she could say 1- 10 in englsh and chinese!!!! hahaha erm u see.. my chinese has been given back to my teacher NONG NONG time ago.... so i seldom speak in chinese. i was quite taken aback when she recite 1 - 10 in chinese when we were going down the stairs!

home : my home is 90% done! hehe Yeah taking very very long man!!! i cant wait to stay in my own nest!!! want to see a sneak preview of my flat??? hehehe

my fav!! MY KITCHEN!!!!!!
2503394.jpg

morning
happy.gif

irene, ur new abode looks so clean and nice and empty!!! shiok man.. k wld surely have a great time running ard in all the space!

jillian, no need to imagine for too long.. ur turn's coming soon :p nope, havent thot of a name yet.. but it'll probably be xing-*something* cos we gotta follow the family name book.. and ermmm i still dun dare to be 100% sure its a boy leh.. waiting for the growth scan at wk 32 to confirm it. heh heh.. my gyne says i'm being paranoid and silly.. was this way for xy's pregnancy too!

kth, i think kaizer's probably gonna speak soon if he's trying to make lots of speech sounds by blabbering! do u mind sharing where u bring him for speech therapy, and the costs? cos my friend was also thinking of sending her son for some therapy. thanks!

how abt you? any name for the little boy yet?

kth : Can share the details on the speech therapy with me too? Keen to send him for therapy after you said that Kaizer has shown improvements after the therapy. Thks!!
happy.gif

Morning Mommies!!!

Great to see this thread active again
happy.gif

Thanx for all the great advices and assurance on K's current eating phase....gotta psycho myself that it'll pass soon. Last nite's situation was no better....cooked honey chicken for her but to have her put inside her mouth, chew for a while then spit it out
sad.gif

Jillian & Jules: CONGRATS!!! U gals are brave, brave souls
happy.gif

Bedebe: *wink wink* Though I've nvr been to Sydney but it sure sounds fun and I think Veve, being an experienced jetsetter too, knows how to keep herself occupied la...hehhe...especially wif ur iPhone. BTW, can share ur dislike for the JG Mandarin Playclub?

eliz: Hi babe!!! Went to my gynae for the last cervical jab recently and she too encouraged us to have No. 2...me still hesitant....shudders at the mere thought of colic & breast engorgement BUT I totally enjoy the whole preggie process, especially when K moved inside my tummy. After the visit to the gynae, hubs kept chanting "No. 2, No.2"..hahhaha!!!

re speech: K is oso slow in this department as in not making sentence yet but am not worried coz her reflexes are fast and she sometimes surprises me wif new words!! Added assurance from her PD sure helps too
happy.gif

Irene - wow nice place, will take a peep when its ready.

cheok- i wanted to bring her to see a speech therapist but very far in jurong but im staying in the east . the PD ask me to give her till 24 mths and see how. Very worried cos we tried our best to make her talk but she refused.

Fwahhh!! almost can't believe what i see! great inputs ladies, keep the posts coming
happy.gif

All this talk abt Sydney is making me itch to go too! but now's not a good time, too many stuffs on my plate.. hoping to have a break at the end of the year thou.

<font color="ff0000">bedebe</font>
how cute - daddy gets jealous with the co-ordinated ladies?

<font color="119911">moomoo</font>
oh thats a sweet pic of your kiddos!!

<font color="0077aa">Irene</font>
me! me! surely i miss you!! *kiss kiss*
nicely done babe! can't wait to see the real thang :p

jillian &amp; jules: it's great to know that K might be talking soon after blabbering!! The playgroup that K is going to attend is a drop off program and it's 2.5hr. K is attending speech therapy at Leapfrogs located at bukit timah (www.leap-frogs.com)

moomoo: The reason why i went to leapfrogs was bcos my gd friend's sis is a speech therapist there. The director of the centre will do an assessment of the child 1st before any therapy session. Parents are not supposed to go in with the child during the therapy session. However, the therapist will brief the parents and also write down in a notebook of what activities they have done during the session. Parents are supposed to follow-up the activities at home.
The activities they did so far were 1) initiate with eye contact - the therapist will make K to look at her before blowing bubbles to him. 2) play skill - by learning how to manipulate cause-effect toys (eg. press button so that car goes down). 3) respond to name - called his name &amp; wait for him to look (if he's not responding, can hold his hand &amp; bring to your nose/face).
4) imitate actions with objects - have K to imitate what the therapist does (for eg. put marbles into a box or pretending to blow bubbles from the wand). 5) oject permenance - hide things under towel &amp; get K to find.

Let me know if you need more details.

Irene
Your new place looks great!!

Tinsel
Me too but Megan needs a sibling.. She's getting too princess for my liking!

Update on Megan and her pacifier:
Megan has not had it since last sat.
I'm a happy Mummy
happy.gif

kth - how much is the programme? so K will go in on his own ...but think my gal will cry &amp; shout. How long we must put them on this special programme?

chloe's mum: Each session is $135/hr (note that diff therapist charges differently). FYI, they charge $185/hr for the assessment (which I think it's very ex lor). No specific period for the therapy sessions, think has to depend on the child's performances. Initially, I thought K will also cry &amp; look for me cos he's such a mummy's boy (cos i am a sahm &amp; he sees me all the time). But to my surprise, he didn't cry or look for me and the therapist said he did very well during the session! Guess it's because there are alot of toys to play with till he has no time to look for me.

Don't worry if your gal cries or shouts, the therapist is experienced enough to handle such situation.

Thanks kth . Its quite expensive. I also enquire at my workplace , NUH , its cheaper. But they ask me to monitor first , untill she is 2yrs and I will decide whether to put her on the programme.

Kth: Thanks for the info about K's speech therapy. Ally attends at KKH , sessions are short, depending on the child and how responsive he/she is that day and its only once a month. Being a government hospital, we don't expect too much cos we know they are severely understaffed. But her therapist is extremely good and at the moment we're quite happy to have her seen just once a month. We did consider private speech therapy if we thought she needed it but for now looks like we're alright.

Can K blow bubbles? Ally has yet to learn that. We try at each session and also at home but she always makes us blow instead. In fact, anything that requires blowing (eg, whistles) she will try to avoid. Do they have a one way mirror whereby you can observe the session from the outside without K seeing you?

phew! finally finished all the posts... u ladies are really making up for lost time
happy.gif

yolk: actually i'm still scouting around for a good music sch. looking for one that allows the child to progress to a musical instrument. any recommendations? have brought her for some trial classes for tots but wasn't very impressed with the activities.

jillian,jules,
congrats! time really flies and soon you'll be mothers of two!

tinsel,
i think C is one of the lightest here. she has been on milk-strike forever, and now she's eating plain rice like K
sad.gif
her tastes changes everyday and we are having a hard time getting her to eat more. trying hard to get all the nutrients in her.... she can pick out the rice even when the meat is mixed in. anyone has recipes to try?

re: speech
wow, some of the tods here are really progressing well. C doesn't really form sentences yet (not in adult language anyway) but i'm not too worried. was a little paranoid before, but she was just taking her own time to start speaking (btw, turns out that she ISN'T colourblind)

re: stranger anxiety
C buries her face in my shirt whenever a stranger smiles or says hello.... then waves bye-bye when he/she leaves??

re: chinese
C isn't really comfortable with the language (she prefers japanese), but we're trying to get her used to it... can read a few basic chinese words now, but not responding too well. trying to speak to her more often in chinese now

hello mummies

2 years ago, some of our families grew by 50%...some have/will grow by 100%. a few months down the road, i hear talk abt #3, #4...hahaha

irene...wow...your kitchen is indeed nice
happy.gif
i love how your place seems to have lots of storage space. very very impt for shopping queen and princess *wink* remember to take more shots of your new place when all your stuff is in and before your princess demolishes the place :p we'll love to see the before and after shots :p

eh...you live at the end of the street nearer to CGH. I live at the other end just by the simei exit of PIE towards Jurong direction. how abt you ling?

Ling...wow...you live in the east and you work at NUH
proud.gif
this so reminds me of uni days...so far and long the journey!

KTH...congrats! another boy on the way? thanks for sharing on K's speech therapy. hope you get to see results soon! btw i've no idea speech therapists command such hourly rates! hmmmph...maybe veve can be a speech therapist in future...more senang than say doctor :p but first...she needs to work on her G pronouncation...she goes ping tuo :| btw which playgroup is K gonna attend?

tinsel...will pm you later abt JG. haha...seems like my hubs is the only hub not keen on another :p i actually have to admit that i dun want another lil cutie to compete for his attention.

jillian...actly veve also doesn't seem to like dolls too. she prefers her animal toys esp dog. i guess ally can still learn to care for her toy animals as if they're baby animals- all babies need to drink milk and bathe and sleep etc :p

jules...haha...i remember your FB status abt toto thumping a dog's head...wow...how did you train her to be gentle on demand? you are ever paranoid during pregnancy...haha...those good old days...seem to be just yesterday! i vivdly remember how worried we all were when you shared how a scan showed some threadlike things ard XY
happy.gif

nor...i think i'm gonna get us same jammies for hubs fathers' day present :p actly he goes tsk tsk when we all wear the same colour...says it's so corny...

claire...wow...thanks for the sydney info! hub leaves on sunday. hopefully by monday he says ok we should go too...then off we go :p

btw how long will you be in france? one thing i hated abt france was the horrible smokers who're everywhere! (perhaps more people light up during winter?) even mothers of young babies and kids smoked heavily in their presence. thankfully smoking is banned indoors!

eliz...jia you jia you!

shymz...phew...no more sleepless nights
happy.gif

bedebe- ya long journey everyday... I stay quite near to Irene...mine beside the MRT track... just bought so still doing the paperwork... think will be able to move in in nov or dec...

chloe's mum: Ya i have to admit that it's expensive!! But I am lucky that K only needs to go leapfrogs once although he has 2 therapy sessions a wk. K attends another session at my friend's hse (who is a speech therapist) during her off day and she is not charging any cents out of it!! Btw, I wonder if u bring your gal to Dr Roby Marcou for an assessment since u work in NUH? We intend to bring K to her for another assessment.

jillian: K also can't blow bubbles. He seems not interested to blow, he 's more interested in the wand than blowing. Too bad that the centre does not have a one way mirror for parents to observe. Good that ally only needs to go once a mth, not so taxing for u especially #2 is coming out soon.

bedebe: I am not pregnant leh!! Both hb &amp; I are not prepared for #2 so soon. My hb is also not keen to have another one. K is going to attend Skekinah Montessori. The gd thing about montessori sch is they have small class ratio (1:8 max).

Nor: TGIF too!! Have u closed the deal of your new nest?

chloe's mum hey! i used to work in NUH too. kekee *memories* But no, i was not working in the medical side.

shymz Shayne too! He learns english words in a flash but when i teach him mandarin, he always look very sian. Cant blame him if his parents are poor in that subject, right?

kth wow! the therapist charges are so high! goodness. Wah, K is so blessed, can have free therapy! hehehehe. yes, for a moment i thought you announced your pregnancy, i had to look back the posts and check! hahahaha

kth : Thks for your reply. Its very expensive. Have a discussion with my HB yesterday and agreed to wait till Isaac turn 2. If by then he still cant talk, then may have to seek for professional advise. Personally i dont think he will suddenly talk in 2 months time.

Does blowing candles good enough if Isaac also cant blow bubbles?

kth, not yet.. hope to do so this weekend
happy.gif

seeing Irene's new nest makes me even more excited to have my own!

kth : not yet I didnt bring Chloe for any assessment yet ... my PD ask me to hold first till 24 mths.
cheok : Oh reallyy... me work here for almost 5 yrs in the admin area...cant imagine if im a nurse..maybe i saw you here before..hahah

moomoo2 : can try to go polyclinic to get a referral letter to NUH or KKH , will be cheaper... Less than $70 for private...

hey girlfrens!

i think i found The One!! no, not another man, a house unit which i like.. no details till deal is signed
happy.gif

Have a good weekend!

Hi all,

Long time no come into this thread liao - tot it was dead but suddenly the posts all seem to move so fasssstt...
happy.gif
Great to hear how all your lil ones are developing soooo fast too
happy.gif

I m also looking for ballet classes for my lil one....any recommendations?

morning! how was everyone's weekend?

my new helper just arrived yesterday... keeping fingers and toes crossed that she will be ok. luckily xy takes to her so far. will really need her help once #2 arrives..

kth, thanks for the info! wow.. v v ex leh... suddenly i think i entered wrong career path.. shld have done speech therapy instead :p their rates are like sooo high!

bedebe, u got a great memory! yes.. i was ever so panicky abt my pregnancy last time ya.. ermm still as panicky abt this one too hehehe
happy.gif

how to train tods to be gentle - erm actually no solid advice to offer.. everytime she was rough, i wld tell her to be gentle, and demo how to be gentle on her lor.after a while, she got it.. so now b4 i let her touch any babies, i will chant be gentle be gentle and she will be EXTRA careful and gentle while sayanging the babies
happy.gif

tinsel elf, thanks
happy.gif
am not brave.. just taking the plunge b4 i think abt it too much and decide to back out! heh... have #2 quickly la.. get it over and done with! :p

chloe's mum hhahahaha, hmmmm 5 years ago...i may have still been there...

nor hey congrats! finding the right house is macham like finding the right partner!

educational program im curious, what shows do you let your toddlers watch? I am looking for those that teach words, numbers etc, like sesame street. But is sesame street the same as before?

hello ladies!

kaelyn just did a one hit wonder this morning... she said BUTTERFLY! i was like WHAT!!! repeat again ... then she gave me that blank look! hahahaha one hit wonder!

Jules: its good that XY is so gentle with babies, I've been telling Ally to be gentle as well , she's very good with our dogs and most animals so hopefully she'll be gentle with her brother as well.

Cheok: Ally watches all sorts, Barney, Sesame Street...etc she mainly likes those with lots of song and dance. You can find lots of Sesame street VCDs that cover different range of subjects, from numbers to alphabets. What does Shayne like to watch?

Irene: Congrats on K's butterfly! Sometimes they really do say things that surprises us. I'm sure she'll give a repeat performance later today

allys mommy: erm, I have been showing him Hi 5, notice he is picking up some stuff from the show. So i thought i should switch it to something that teaches more words, numbers etc. Or something that encourages him to speak!

Oh by the way, someone from this forum recommended this DVD for delayed speech. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Babble-First-Words-P/dp/B000Y1NNH2/ref=pd_sim_b_2 have you seen it before? I wonder does it work.

Irene: hahahahah you brought me my first smile for the day.

cheok : i personally like Word World program... K loves to watch Mickey mouse thou.... hahaha other than that.. try leapfrog! K love it!!! she can imitate the story telling part by part...

i think the other programs are barney?? and sesame street...

irene...what a great way to start the week!
happy.gif

jules...i've got selective memory la :p

jules, jillian...just remembered a wu liao thing i do with veve...i use her swaddle blankie and use it as a sling to tie her favourite doggy to her front and back...as if she's carrying a baby...haha...she loves it :p maybe you wanna let the jiejies try too...get them used to the sight/concept of baby in sling

cheok...veve is actly banned fr high 5 cos the content can sometimes be inaccurate. her dvd diet consists mainly of barney, meet the ** series where ** = colours, shapes, numbers, letters etc. her all time fave alphabet dvd is leapfrog's letter factory which i'd highly recommend. the meet the ** series is not bad cos veve picked up her colours shapes numbers quite quickly from there. earlier on she watched your baby can read. these day she's watching little pim for mandarin. we like pocoyo too for the cute graphics and values they teach. oh she doesn't watch much sesame street only the podcasts. hth

cheok, xy watches barney and baby einstein mostly.. dont think these shows are that educational leh.. if anything, she learnt to share by watching barney, but for numbers/alphabets, didnt find them so useful. she learns mostly from books.

bedebe, ur idea's so cute!
happy.gif
will try on xy.. she has started to want to bring in her fav dog/care bear to bed with her when it's bedtime and will attempt to pat her toy to sleep with her (of cos it makes her even more awake). hahah...

irene, congrats on K's achievements!
happy.gif

jillian, ally's got plenty of practise with ur pets so i'm sure u'll have no problems from her abt manhandling the little brother!

A list of wat K watches:
- Word World(she likes to repeat the words after the narrator),
- Little Einstein, Musical Instrument Fairies or something along this line (she'll mimic the actions)
- Wheels on the Bus, the one wif Argon the Dragon(she recognises the real thing e.g. tiger coz use real life objects are used, not illustrations)
- Leapfrog's letter factory
- Richard Scarry's Counting VCD
- a dvd wif children songs and nursery rhymes
- wink's sing to learn chinese
- In the Night Garden (K Loves it but I would restrict her watching coz I dun find it very educational)

<font color="aa00aa">Bedebe:</font> can u share more abt the Meet The ** Series? I'm keen to buy but have not heard much reviews, makes me wonder if its worth parting the S$50.00.

Bedebe and Tinsel: What is The ** Series.

Re: Watching TV
Actually Matt watches very little tV. He likes Hi 5 and anything that has to do with dance and songs but I restrict him and only let him watch the dvds when we really need him to stay quiet for a while.

In fact, I'm exposing him to more audio input. I love the weesing music cds and we listen to the jim weiss story cds. The Jim Weiss story cds are so good and interesting. I play it in the car and it's a good way to make him listen to the full story. The only thing is it's a bit ex. It's about $22 for a cd.

MMR:
Just wondering if everybody has given MMR jab to your child? I have not given it to Matt yet. He has also not taken his booster for hep B. Any advice on this?

cheok,
C is currently watching
DVDs
-Tell Me Why series in Chinese (coz I'm trying to get her used to the language)
-Baby can read (but she gets bored)
-Richard scarry's vcds

other stuff she watches (from cable):
Little Einstein
Pocoyo (she loves imitating him)
Word World
Mickey mouse (she goes hot dog everytime the song starts)
Together with mother (jap)

and stuff I get from youtube (mainly jap songs)
=> as you can see she watches quite a bit of tv

for audio she gets songs in multiple languages and genres from mummy's collection.

re: MMR
C had hers when she was one... no side effects seen so far

irene,
you must have felt so proud of her
happy.gif
haha, i know i would be if C said it

nor,
congrats! so is the deal closed yet?

thanks for your replies!

Wow, there are a load of programs i dont even know of! What is the World World program? Its from the cable?

after reading your replies, i have got one major reaction: Wah Biang EH how much tv do you let your toddlers watch? I used to allow 1 hour but felt that was too much so now ive successfully cut down to 30mins a day; replaced the other 30mins with more reading!

bedebe Hi 5 content inaccurate meh? I have watched so many but yet to spot one. In my house, barney is ban! Ain't gonna let that ugly purple thing step into my house. Though i succumb to the audio cds. Heh.

jules you highlighted something to me, actually Shayne learns better through flashcards rather from tv. So im now considering of sticking to Hi5 for its song and dance.

leapfrog i have this and i heard alot of rave about it. But why is this good? I found it too cartoon-y, i wonder if the children can really learn their phonics,etc from the show from all the distractions?

claire i am very interested in the jim weiss cds. Where can i get them? So its like a audio story book? Does it come with a book? As for MMR Shayne had his long ago. I think he had fever and all. Are you worried about its said link to autisim?

chloe's mum i dashed out of the house yesterday to get the baby babble DVD. You can either buy from AMAzon, not sure if the local bookstores have them. Or you can do like me, i borrowed from the library! I reckon you should do the latter, in case chloe des not like watching it.

Cheok, Isaac watches barney,baby einstein, Hi-5, sesame street, mickey mouse etc.. I also try to let him watch some children biblical story as well. But he dont like it. He prefer those with music and dance.

My son loves to watch TV. I think that he has spend too much time infront of it. He will make a BIG FUSS if restrict him.
sad.gif

Can check with mothers how much time do you let your kid watch TV?

cheok: you can borrow it from the library or get it from Angie Mariam- singapore online home library. Try the Animal Tales and another one - I think is Tell me a story. Very good.

Have you tried weesing. Fabulous singing by the children. Try it too.

Reading:
Matt is really into reading nowadays. I'm so glad. He's reading so much more than when he was a few months ago. He's favourite books are chugga chugga choo choo and Bear hunt. We practically read them day and night.

MMR: Just a bit concerned. By the way, is it true that the booster hep B can only be taken after MMR has been administered?

moomoo2: 1 CD per day

cheok: you can borrow it from the library or get it from Angie Mariam- singapore online home library. Try the Animal Tales and another one - I think is Tell me a story. Very good.

Have you tried weesing. Fabulous singing by the children. Try it too.

Reading:
Matt is really into reading nowadays. I'm so glad. He's reading so much more than when he was a few months ago. He's favourite books are chugga chugga choo choo and Bear hunt. We practically read them day and night.

MMR: Just a bit concerned. By the way, is it true that the booster hep B can only be taken after MMR has been administered?

moomoo2: 1 CD per day

Hi mommies,

Re: home
No deal yet, some minor hiccup.. hope to get thru this soon.

Re: watching tv
Lis and Wairah watches Disney channel and some children’s drama from Suria channel.
I personally don’t restrict the girls time when watching tv, reason being that I find that Lis has grown up picking up a lot of educational stuff from watching tv alone apart from the reading/coloring/art work stuff which she does with me.
I mean, being a FTWM, there is little time I spend with her during weekday so what I can do is ask my maid to restrict what they watch rather than restrict the time. No MTVs without parental(read: mommy’s) guidance.

Stuff they enjoy includes:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse – teaches good co-ordination and items matching
Pocoyo – teaches good manners (???) + he’s cute
Dibo the Gift Dragon – they learn that not all wishes are good etc
Handy Manny – they learn abt how a neighbourhood works and the shops, the ppl etc
Disney Channel Movies – The High School Musical franchises, Camp Rock etc – I don’t fancy these so much but Lis likes it so I watched with her and explain certain values.
Pooh bear – we all love the songs and the lessons we can draw from each episodes.
Word World – the person who created this is such a cool dude! We love it!!

DVDs
The girls also enjoy The Brainy Baby series and some movies like Finding Nemo, Stuart Little and also Barney series.

Re: MMR
Wairah had hers quite late and she had mild fever and slight rash.
Doc recommended for chicken pox jab, am still considering it. What’s your take on this mommies?

claire - i cant find the website for the Angie Mariam online library.

Cheok - which library you went? ya lor , scared buy liao she doesnt want to watch . Where to buy baby einstein VCD? cos now she only watch barney

claire, i havent let XY have the MMR yet. she is also due for her other boosters that were supposed to be given at 18 mths.. :p oops... intend to take her for her MMR once she turns 2.

cheok, hehe i also had same rxn as u..was wondering if i am being too strict with xy cos we only let her watch 30min of tv a day, sometimes 1 hr only if we are too tired to entertain her otw or need to do other things. anyway my main reason for letting her watch TV/DVDs is just cos she enjoys it, not for educational purpose.. she also loves hi 5
happy.gif
cos lots of dancing/singing segments!

leapfrog, xy's not a fan too... turned away within 5 min of me playing the leapfrog letter factory!

claire great! thanks, i am looking forward to getting my hands on those cds. Told my hubs about it and he was equally approving.

Oh, i love Chugga chugga Choo choO!! Now Shayne prefers Daddy to read this book. Everytime mummy attempts to read, he would grab it and ask daddy to read instead. Its one of my fav books (bought it from Angie). But its become of the 'old' books for Shayne, he gets bored with repeated books these days, i need to constantly change his lot of books- so the library is my best friend now.

ling Here is the webbie for Angie's http://www.thehomelibraryonline.com/?page=shop/disp&amp;pid=page_ghssingapore

I borrowed from Jurong regional library. You can make a reservation and request it to collect from your nearest library. I let Shayne watch it last night, he was freaked out. So i think you better test it out first.

Claire, Jules : OH NO!! My son watch more than 2 hrs of TV per day. My MIL will let him watch TV
everytime he requested. I am a FTWM so find it quite difficult to discipline him in this area. Think that he spend to much time liao... HOW??

Cheok, Claire : Good for your kids to enjoy reading. Sometime my son will be attentive but most of the time he will start to wander when i try to read to him. How to train him to be more attentive and sit still?

ling4016: is C still wif kids' loft? if u are, lemme know what you are keen in i.e. if ur keen to let C try wat K watches, i can leave it there and u can let her try before spending $$$. try this link for the online library joyluck was referring to:
http://www.thehomelibraryonline.com/?CLSN_2260=12439128942260a535727a9e10cb0ca0&amp;keyword=jim+weiss&amp;searchby=author&amp;page=shop%2Fbrowse&amp;fsb=1&amp;Search=Search

joyluck: i have weesing too...bought from amazon long time back but package still in mint(read: collecting dust) condition. hehehe...after ur rave review, i should really start letting K listen to it. in the car, i norm put on kindermusik or putumayo.

re mmr &amp; chicken pox vac: K had them both, at the same time if i recall correctly, at doc's recommendation when she was abt 1yr. at tat time, i didn't know mmr is linked to autism...heng, luckily no side effects, not even rash or fever
happy.gif

jules, cheok: u gals are not strict la...i would do so too if i'm a sahm. like joyluck, i would rather have my kid read than watch tv anytime. btw, K doesn't take to word world &amp; leapfrog on 1st attempt. i showed her again after abt a week later and for dunno wat reason, she likes them &amp; i'm glad tat she has learnt from the programs.

Claire, Jules : OH NO!! My son watch more than 2 hrs of TV per day. My MIL will let him watch TV
everytime he requested. I am a FTWM so find it quite difficult to discipline him in this area. Think that he spend to much time liao... HOW??

Cheok, Claire : Good for your kids to enjoy reading. Sometime my son will be attentive but most of the time he will start to wander when i try to read to him. How to train him to be more attentive and sit still?

Tinsel: is K still at kindermusik? Ally loves her classes and the CD that comes in the home pack.

Cheok: I restrict Ally's tv watching,she doesn't watch tv at home, only in the car. But when she goes to my parents house once a week she watches her DVDs there. Usually not more than an hour a day.

Hi Jillian: yup, still there...and especially now wif Shauna back, she's enjoying her lessons more than ever except last week....see the following equation:

no morn nap + hungry = an ANGRY toddler!!!

However, this maybe our last term coz I have signed her for a trial class in Mandeville in Aug, so if K likes it there, I'll enrol her in Mandeville so she can eventually pick up a musical instrument. Hehehe...I hope she likes the piano, then my current white elephant at home will be put to good use.

Back