(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">hello mommies, miss you all! muackkks!!</font>
<font color="0000ff">i'm stil not fully recovered..thats why din pop in for a while.</font>

<font color="0000ff">today as i was having lunch at work, got a phone call from Lis' teacher saying that she was involved in a mini-incident. apparently Lis and her class mate were running and they somewhat bump heads on causing Lis to have nose bleeding.. so i rushed down to take her to clinic. thank God she's ok and doc said nothing serious. on a not so happy note, i'm supposed to be released at 3pm today(in conjunction with eve of P.H) and when i told my lady boss that i need to go off early to attend to an emergency, she asked me to apply half day leave!! and the fact is that she herself took time-off to send her daughter to clinic just last week.. the beauty of being in the upper management, do things as they wish..anyways..</font>

<font color="0000ff">i haven got time to read much, got a slight headache cos of the rushing. gonna take a nap and try to catch up soon.</font>

<font color="0000ff">hi 4ever, baby Alethea also turns 4 months today
happy.gif
</font>

amber,
my dd's right ear smelled nasty when she had rashes behind her ear... smell went away when i applied the lotion PD gave me.

micky,
my dd's intake is similar to urs... abt 110ml every 3hrs. if her feed is interrupted by peeing or pooing, she will stop drinking, then will have to continue the feed 1hr later. now her appetite seems to have increased a bit, dunno if it's a phase though...

4ever,
hehe, celeste does that too... dunno if she's having sweet dreams. sometimes hear her laughing in the middle of the night (can get a bit freaky though)

leobaby,
ah, it's u on facebook
happy.gif
i was wondering which mummy it was...

littletot,
yah, celeste has a big patch at the back of her head. doesn't help that she loves to pull at her own hair... now she looks like a little boy. think our bbs are at the stage where they start to recognize familiar faces n places. her eyes will go very big and she'll look very serious while studying unfamiliar places... but she'll start smiling if she sees someone familiar like my hb or me,keke

celeste finally did her first flip yesterday. so happy to witness her first flip... made my day
happy.gif
but she didn't flip after that at my mum's place... prob she decided it was not worth the effort :p

Hi Winniebear
Tks for yr advice. Looks like the most I can save is still the last 2 days of milk.

I hv a small fridge-on-the-go that I'll bring along. My flight will take almost 21-22 hrs (haven't include commuting to airport/checkin/waiting for luggage - faintz)..

I hv two other shorter flight biz trips (1 wk). Do you think it's silly if I buy a do-re-me coleman ice box (meaning one box stack into another box) to bring frozen milk back fm Taipei or Thailand back? Do u think the milk will stay frozen?

See I'm desperate to bring milk back as my baby don't like formula. SIGH..

-------------------------------------------------Hi Elfy
I brought along "fidge-on-the-go" during my holiday. Before usage, I have to put the fidge-on-the-go in the freezer for 8-10 hours.
Thereafter I put the last 2 days of EBM (10 packets of 180 ML) in the fridge on the go and put them inside e luggage for check in.

From e time I store the EBM in fridge on the go till I reach home, its about 12 hours and the milk are still chilled. And the moment i reach home i quickly transfer the EBM to the freezer.

Btw fridge on the go is not a freezer

Elfy
RE: transporting Frozen EBM
Just want to let u know, if u r flying by SIA, u can ask them to put the whole fridge to go bag into their freezer/ fridge. I did that when i went to HK.. It may help.. plus I also pumped on the plane when i was going to france but air france didn't have freezer so i just pumped and altho i kept the milk, when i got back i thot better not risk giving bb the milk just in case but at least still could pump to prevent engorgement and keep supply up.

Hi leobaby, thnx for the info on teething! so informative!!

shymz, peck thnx for your advice...

her ears smell every now and thn and i realise usually after a bath.
Peck, im a little against the sarong. i know its a life saver for others but personallly dont want Ash getting used to it whn all this time she hasnt needed it. she can sleep by herslf now in the cot w/out any help!

my bm is dwindling..ilatch now twice a day w/out needing to pump~

i hope all the mums are doing well.
Ash has been drinking less and less lately.
next week she's due for her 6in 1...

ohh ohh i love California baby Calendula cream! its great for Ashely's milk spots and heat rash. its a wonder cream. i put it on my pimple and it cleared!!!!
so now i put it on my hb face too!
i just ordered two more tubs frm the BP!!

Nor, im sorry Lis has tht accident!! goodthing its notserious!!

ok gotta run

Happy Deepavali everyone!!

amber,
my boy sleeps in sarong during the day.Come night time he can sleep by himself in his cot without help
happy.gif

Elfy,
try to have some ice packs with you for the 1st few hrs.Taking into considerations travelling time to airport and chk in 2hrs b4 flight departure.For long flights,they are very tight with space in the fridge as all will be occupied with food.Will only have free space until after 1st meal service.Should they not be able to help store your BM, ask for dry ice
happy.gif
.As for your taiwan and thailand trip,it's only 1 meal svc.Will have plenty of storage space
happy.gif

good morning....

sooo happy that past two weeks leaves has paid off as jovan now more attached to me liao.. if i not at home he is ok with helper once he see me he want me to carry, hmm dont know is it only these two days but hope he will continue lah...

amber, jovan also sleep in the sarong in the day and cot in the nite. if i put him to sleep in the cot day time also no problem leh..depend on baby lah.. if you not comfy then u try other method ba..

sigh, ems doesn't want to sleep in my sarong at all! anyone want to take it off me - CHEAP sale bcos hb is starting to complain that it's taking up a lot of space!

jules, i met xy just now, she so cute leh when i call her name she smile at me leh... so sweet!!
She enjoy her stroller hor, jovan dont like to be inside, the most only 30 min.. then i have to carry him all the way

Hi mommies,

I'm also a july mom...gave birth to my boy, Joshua, on 3rd July..

Saw amber's posting re flat head...other than sleeping in sarong, you can try letting your child sleeps on his front...i did tat for both my boys, their heads turn out pretty round...

peck, wa how come u met xy?? hmm she dun like stroller usually one. now she loves the bb bjorn cos she can dangle and wave her limbs all she wants! stroller must be moving, otw she will make lots of noise.

yolksac, think ems and xy are one of the few rare bbs who dun like sleeping in sarong! i used my sarong stand to hang toys above her cot instead.

flipping - xy is starting to flip but her hand keeps getting stuck! and thing is she does it when sleeping too, so she ends up moving a lot more than she used to. very worried she will suffocate cos she cant flip from tummy to back yet and will just squeal and call until we come and help her to flip back.

jules,
gayle is same like xy, trying very hard to flip but can't position the hands correctly yet, i'm assisting her flips most of the time.

mummies,
gayle is teething, could see the bottom 2 erupting the gums. tough period. she gets so easily irritated. am trying to soothe her sore gums, gave her icy bites,gripe water and teething gel.

Ems had her 4 month check-up (and second 5in1) this morning. Her weight gain is dismal (as usual) and the little thing is only 5.56kg! PD said the weight gain (or lack thereof) is a bit worrying but noted that her motor development is like a 5 month old (Ems was showing off again), so he thinks she may not be gaining weight because she's so active. Who knows?!? Anyway, my hb is not worried. Guess the important thing for us is to ensure she meets all her milestones until she turns 6 months and hopefully puts on some weight thanks to the solids. Though knowing my dd....(she probably won't eat solids either).

hi jules: oh XY too huh? so strange right? hmm.. if the sarong swing was big enough for me, i'd gladly sleep in it!! looks so comfy. i suppose the closest adult equivalent wld be a hammock or a water bed?

pita: oh no, poor gayle! ems is teething too, she gets very miserable abt it at times. and she's reaching out for whatever she can grab and trying to stick it in her mouth. hope this ends soon, but from what i read, it could be months!

peck: you've been taking more leave over the last few weeks? that's nice - must feel great to be able to spend time with jovan. btw, i LOVE the calif baby Calendula Cream too - thanks to parsniketty who introduced it to me. I smear it all over Ems and it smells great! The other day, I got scratched by one of my dogs (accidentally) and it was quite a deep scratch. I applied the cream and the entire mark was gone the next day! Miracle cream!!

amber: really? it works on zits? i must try!

hi everyone

i havent been reading... just this page...

calif baby calendula cream works on zits???? ive never tried!!!
hmmm if this works, im going to buy a giant tub of it!!!

hi peck
theres a BP on! (but i think it has closed already). you can also get from brown rice paradise at tanglin mall and online from eden frodo and elvis (need to google for their site!)
there are also some mums selling on the wts section.

totally agree! i love the diaper area wash and the calming botanical moisturizing cream
happy.gif
i started using the calming botanical cream when A was born! it smells really yummy. the calendula cream is great for eczema, rashes, cradle cap.

parsniketty: I want to try the calming botanical cream one day! On which bits of A do you use the CBC and where do you use the calendula?

<font color="ff0000">swaddling</font> - is anyone here still swaddling their babies when they sleep? ems has to sleep swaddled because her moro reflex is still very strong. apparently in some babies, the reflex is present up to 7 months!

Shymz!!

thanks to you i realised she had a rash behind her ear!!

am going to PD later Ash had a fever all of yesterday and last night..poor girl is coughing lots too
i dont think its connected to hb stomach flu cos shes had no tummy discomfort or any other GI problems

yolk, i still swaddle Ash at time.. her moro reflex is barely there.. but i think sometimes when she has probs sleeping, esp in the day.. the swaddling helps.
i have same prob as irene.. she unwraps herself no matter how snug i make it!

hey girls, ive been putting calendula on my face.. gee its made my skin sooo good!
i bought two tubs frm bp!!

argh gotta go

Hi, I am also a July mummy..and was brought to this site by my co's nursing mummies..:)..my son is not flipping and we carry v often. Any advise on how to handle this..whenever i put him down on the bed..he will "HOWL" big time!! Please help

Oohh.. ashlyn is so cute.. let me share a pic of Jolovan too.. hee

1064854.jpg

Mummies.. long time no mit up.. post sme pics of ur lovely babies ok? miss them..

swaddling.. me no longer swaddling Jo.. nite time normally v can juz pat him to slp easily.. smetimes he can fall aslp on his own

pita.. wow gayle is teethin oledi.. so fast.. muz b a difficult period.. any signs like fever n such? heard tt may happen to teethin babies

hi mummies!
happy.gif

amber,
lucas' ears smell abit too, and it turns out that he has dermatitis behind his ears.
wah CB can zap zits?? cool!! haa

yolksac,
lucas refuses to be swaddled since birth man.

gayle and ems are teething now?? yeah so fast!
happy.gif

dorami,
hee, jo's hair is so spiky eh
happy.gif

yolksac
CBC everywhere
calendula on her eczema and cradle cap!

amber
A's ears stink too when i dont clean them :S
hope ash gets well soon!!!

hi mummies, been busy at work these few days.

Cheylssa like to watch news and she will laugh when she is watching. She still dun want to flip yet.

finally she sleep in air con room. when i was in hospital with my 2nd girl she sleep with my parents so now we just need to make sure she will not feel too cold.

nor, glad your girl is ok.

i still dun know how to load pix my file is too big. you all have not see my girls for so long liao.

ok, going zzzz now. all my girls are asllep. my hb still surf in net. last nite until 2am plus chatting with friends now also.. so angry. man no need sleep no matter how tired they are.

Parsniketty,
I burst out laughing seeing your baby in that hotdog suit!!!! It's so so so cute.

Vivien,
Try not to be so soft hearted. Cos your baby is so used to being carried around, naturally it'll become his habit. Just set a routine, everyday, on certain hours, set him down. Let him cry. Eventually, he'll understand that no one is going to his rescue and he is supposed to lie down there and be independent. He'll start to adapt to it.

My neighbour downstairs, trained their daughter to sleep on her own since 3 mths old. What they did is to put her to cot, set the night light on, put the classical music on, and ignore her totally. Initially, for full 2 weeks, she howls.... but they are very persistant. And their persistence paid off as once she reached 4th month, whenever they put her to cot, and set about the normal routine, she falls asleep naturally.

Yolk Sac,
Don't worry about weight gain thingy. Some babies are born to be smaller. As long as EM is healthy. That's the most important isn't it?

Re: Calendula Cream
Anyone wants it? I have 2 in stock. I seriously do not know how is my usage, but I'd only half used one since Anson's birth till now. PM me if you want the cream. Or even, I can help you order through my friend.

Share some of Anson's photo here. He also start to flip. Very busy little man.

1066029.jpg

Hi Mummies
LOng time no post... still remember me? keke...

Hazel flipped exactly at 4mths old. Now she will always flip over when we lay her down. So diaper change is always a BIG fight.

She had her 4mths assessment plus jabs yesterday. Weight gain slowed down already... she's only 6.6kg now, means she only gained 1kg in 2 mths... hai... where has all the BM gone? Anyway she's a small small drinker, only abt 130ml of EBM every 3hrly. I think sleeping thru the night reduces intake also. PD said we may want to start her with rice cereal already. But difficult to feed cos she can't really sit up for a long while...

Angel,
Alamak, Anson's hair is longer than Hazel's!!! haha

Here's my little chili padi
1066058.jpg

Granny watching tv on bumbo...
1066059.jpg

zyp! i love the pics you posted! i burst out laughing! soooo adorable!!

hey everyone havent really had time to read up..
my family are coming over soon to spend time with Ash and we're having a BIG dinner here..

im so excited..

Ash has been really sick but she's loads better now and very cheerful.. her throat infection is clearing and her appetite is back..

she now weighs 7.7kgs and is 65cm

i wanna share two things

i think im rather hormonal..
i sob all the time.. me hair's falling out

the most imp news of all is this

ive pondered and pondered over this for a long time.. ive procrastinated making a decision and in fact had dismissed the idea altogether.. but have finally decided..

to be a SAHM

and its so liberating! im a diff person. im so happy.
im over the moon.
im gonna celebrate my 30th bday and ive got God's greatest gift to me. Ashley

Amber: I am happy for you that you have come to that decision and is at ease with it
happy.gif
I am definitely going back to work officially next Jan as my contract has been renewed till 3 yrs later. In fact, I am even considering doing my Masters. Perhaps when I am done after 3 yrs, I will consider being a SAHM. Right now, I am not exactly keen to do that. Veralyn has no separation anxiety and so do I!

re hair dropping: It's horrendous!!! my floor is littered with all my hair, my part time helper asked me if I am ill. Sighs, my friend had this hair dropping affair the entire year! Alamak I hope I dont!

I already have to buy some new shoes as my feet got a little bigger after pregnancy. No luck with reducing my hip size. Someone help me!

hehe... i just brought kaelyn for photoshoot!! cant wait to see the pics!! so tiring.. she KO the whole day... but pity only 4 change of clothes... sob2.... coz she was fussing at the end... and was sleeping like a log... even put her on the sofa upright.. still can sleep! pengz

hello all

ooh so many cute baby pics!
happy.gif
irene: can't wait to see kaelyn's pics when they are ready

amber: congrats!! you took the plunge and made the Big Decision! Ash is such a lucky gal
happy.gif

angeline: yup that's the most important thing - so far so good, thank God.

amber welcome to the SAHM club (though you had the best job ever!). I know what you mean, making that decision makes me super duper happy. About being hormonal- me too!!!! And i thought i was alone in this since we are like 4 mths past delivery! i got triggered last friday, after i emerged from my pumping session (i only managed 60ml), my female boss happened to see my milk supply and exclaimed LOUDLY "WAH! THAT's ALL??!!" and made everyone in the department to look up at me. I felt so humilated. I spent my weekend crying & feeling very depressed. Every little thing irritated me and i almost picked a fight with my husband all afternoon. Now i am dreading work and pumping sessions.
sad.gif
So yes, i've been hormanol since.

cheok : dun be dishearten.... come to think.. i think everybody here's supply is comfirm better than mine! hehe... from day 1 til now... i can only manage 50ml per pump... and i am still BFing partial... to me.. i know i have done my best...

60ml maybe to other ppl is little... but to us its precious liquid gold..

like what my hubby also say when ever i complain about SS... any amt is better than nuthing...hehe....

Yolk : Ya lor... cant wait!!!! and i have to wait for 1 week before i can see the pics! sob2...

oh!!! i bought Feed Your Child Right from borders... anybody wan to erm ..."copy" hehe...

cheok, that's rather insensitive of your female boss. I hope she does not do it again. 60 ml is better than nothing! Press on in your effort in giving the best to your baby.

Amber, well done for you. I am sure it is really liberating to make the final decision.

Yolk Sac, I am done with Gina Ford. It has been really difficult following her schedule. I am now doing 'Becoming Babywise' schedule. Well, the method is pretty much like GF but the thing is there is so much more flexibility. Zachy seems to be doing rather well with it.

Re semi solids - Zachy is turning 4 mths in a week's time and I am planning to introduce rice cereals to him. He is beginning to show very strong interest in the food we are eating. But most of the time, he will still be on mummy's milk.

Livvie, we are in the same boat regarding the hip size. My hip seems to have expanded after delivery. Oh well....

Back