(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

my tian is one of those who cannot drink too much water. she cannot finish her magmag cup.
maybe i did not give water when she was less than 3 months old. total bm only.

Gd that the kids love to drink water. I think its gd. Complexion will b fairer....i noe there are kids who hate PLAIN WATER...let them drink barley water then. Also helps...

Btw, can grind barley anot? cos eating the barley is even better than drink the water.

Astro,
Yupz. Far~~ Away~~ .
My town office colligs always bring food when they come to the site office. Macham like visiting the jail. LOL.

Mejo,
TY so cleber!!! Lett plays with switches randomly but i doubt she knows what they are for.
happy.gif

Pax,
I hv tuppers with u?? Can pass to QQ later??

QQ,
I have jshopp + tupper with u now. Let me know when best to meet and collect.
happy.gif

astro.. i changed this is the 2nd agent liaoz.. the 1st agent sucks big time lah!!! this 2nd one.. becos that time i bo pian.. my maid went back and never come back.. so i in a rush to get a 2nd one.. so bo pian got this one.. tot would be better.. Sigh..

Last nite i discussed with HB.. i thinking wanna change to an indo one a not?? at least can try.. all the while i have been getting transfer so that i can see their faces and the way she speak.. not all transfers are bad lah.. sometimes jsut can't click with the previous employers etc..

i din wanna try an indo all these while becos i was afraid of language barrier.. but my surrounding ppl.. who have maids.. esp with indos they are very very very good.. at least so far so good lor..

Linda.. ya lor.. but getting maid also luck lah seriously.. Ya.. sprained toe.. damn right?? toe also can sprain.. Arrgggg

Linda, anytime lar. as long as I'm at home.
this weekend u come CWP shopping or we go brunch again?
or tea break better? haha! sunday.

Pax,
Try something HARDER like chicken or pork! I always stuff meat or vegetable which requires chewing. If its rice, jialat. She swallow immediately!

bbmouse,
I leave her water ard the coffee table, so Lett always DIY when she wanna drink. Food! We keep out of her reach at all times. kekeke...

bbmarch,
U can mix barley with rice and cook porridge. Lett's porridge is cooked this way.

Linda: Does Lett place the water back on the table after she drinks? Anna will take the bottle and walks about with her as she drinks. Then when she has enough, she will dump the bottle wherever she is.
sad.gif

star: kept surfing the thermos site leh. cannot find the specs on JLQ806 Shuttle Lunch Jar leh.. where can i gt more details on ethat?

nana,
My 1st indon maid called me to ask for assignment. She returned during her 20+month in 2006 coz her hb requested her to. Her 2nd bb juz turned 11 months and now she is looking for work again. I cant take her coz my current maids contract is not over. U can consider. No obligations.
happy.gif

But hor, I cannot TAN BAO she is veri good. When she was handling lucius (2mo) and lavonne (2.5yo), she was ok. Can cook simple meals, do housework and i dun reallie pamper her, so her attitude should be not too bad. I am quite chin chai with maid coz her main role is to take care of the children and that she manage to do it within my requirement.

linda.. good.. can consider.. can she understand english?? does she have an agent?? need my agent to bring her in one??? i raed from MOM website that we cannot employ direct leh.. need to go thru agent leh

bbmouse,
Lett will carry with her for awhile, sipping, walking, sipping and return to table. I tink its coz the jiejie and korkor waterbottles are also on the same table so she learnt the idea.

Basically, Lett is good at keeping things where they belong. When we sit ard the sofa, she will pull a stool or her sofa and join us. And when she dun wanna sit liaoz, she will put the stool back where she got it. Same with toys. She will keep (messily) into the container/toyogo after playing.

nana,
No agent. I got her phone no. I pm u her no liaoz. U can arrange with agent to call her and interview her via the phone 1st.
She picked up english from us when she worked with me. When she called me the other day, she spoke reasonably simple english which i can understand. But she is young. 1982. And she is STREET SMART. So she can learn fast. But u need to keep a tab on her.
happy.gif

Linda: Lett is very guai leh. You don't nee to have a miad liao in this case. Anna drops her toy, doll, teether, water bottle, etc, along the way when she doesn't fancy it anymore.
sad.gif

linda, yeah...lett is very good. ethan is like anna, drops or even throws it away whenever he is done with it. i m trying very hard to teach him to give it to us when he doesn't want something and not throw it on the floor. he will just spit his pacifier out when he is offered food. so rude right?

bbmouse, i've transferred $77 to your account. heee...but i can't remember the exact amt so i hope i didn't shortchange you. :p

mummies, I think the sleep really did me good.. surprisingly, i felt so much better now! actually sleep is really the best cure.. eat a lot of antibiotics also no use..

I was researching on the web yesterday.. apparently many doctors prescribe antibiotics for cough.. but there is really no clear evidence that the antibiotics help. Studies show that people will recover anyway, with or without taking antibiotics..

Anyway, i m glad i didn't cave in to the temptation to take antibiotics. When I went to see doc on Monday, i was feeling really terrible. GP at first didn't want to give me antibiotics cos he said there is no sign that I am having a bacterial infection.. then because I atually persisted.. because i felt so sick and terrible.. then GP said, ok, he can prescribe, but ask me not to eat it first.. wait for 2 days to see if my cough really gets bad.. then take it..

Then he told me the antibiotics cost $18! wah.. me being the giam-siap person.. decided not to buy! hahah.. cos anyway, i will be seeing my gynae on thursday mah.. so i told GP if I really still not well by Thurs, then i will get my gynae to prescribe antibiotics for me.. anyway, the good news now is that, i don't think i need antibiotics afterall..

So mummies, if you all have a cough next time, can try your best to tahan first.. have a lot of sleep! I actually felt very guilty that i am taking 2 days mc + 1 mc on thurs for my checkup.. cos really busy at work.. but the sleep really really helps alot!

angel/qq,
actually i been thinking of eating muffins from there since last week. i was off on thurday, so wanted to get, but din drive by sin ming
sad.gif

should have made detour when i went to jacob ballas!

then u mention this morning, i lagi salivating !

BBmar
I oso put in barley into the rice cooker when cooking porridge for kai. By then, it will be soft enuf to eat wif porridge.

By the way, my ON items still wif u.

Traz
a big congrats to you! can i say this bb gal is the unplanned one among the 3?

oh yes, I was in the same class and basketball team wif Chen LiPing. which school are u teaching? its a small world, Liping, myself and Moogen's fren belongs to the same clique in secondary school days. i thought she only want to have 1 kid?

Linda,
i brought leia to McD today, the hotcakes very dry, think i will make mine.

jaxe
cant remember the brand, the box is white in colour....

mickey
u are the only one with mickey so far.
i let u know whether im going amara later okie.

anyone's bb has been crying in the nite? i've been waking up 2-3 times to pat my gal, cannot afford to sleep late..sigh

Pink,
EJ still waking up a few times a nite.. he will cry cry then normally i give him his pacifier then he will go back to sleep.

Star,
Last nite EJ also dunno what happened.. he woke up screaming! like can't be pacified in the usual way. In the end, i also had to carry him and let him sleep on my bed.. then when i put him on my bed, he fell asleep very fast.. weird..

astro
i dun like to eat breakfast, so must start eating BF if i want boy? someone said after having s**, quickly eat supper if you want boy...kekekeke

Nana,
how abt consider sending your girl to childcare? pardon me for being kpo.. but if u change maids too often, will kena blacklisted? if maids are really a big headache for u, maybe can consider childcare for a while?

autum.. no kanna blacklisted la.. cos all got probs.. not me mah.. ok.. maybe my prob is expectations too high.. but safety leh.. i think whether expections high or low.. its stil the basic leh..
sad.gif

Infant care very expensive.. if tiff 18 months liaoz.. i would really consider childcare.. but infant care really too ex for me lor.

nana,
can find nanny? nanny cost around $500 to $550. Actually infant care not that exp leh. for me, i m paying $580 (after $400 subsidy from govt). so to me is abt the same cost. then once Tiff reaches 18mths, which is just another 4 mths to go, the cost of childcare will be cheaper a bit.

nana, maybe you should try to get experienced maids or at least someone who has looked after babies before. they do specify that in their portfoilio right? and must tell the maid your expectations when u first meet them. cannot be paisay one.
happy.gif

autum.. is it ?? which sch u send to?? becos my gf just get rid of her maid.. and she send to childcare already $800++ leh.. after subsidy

Autum, not all infant cares are as cheap as yours. i think there are many expensive ones around, cheap one hard to find also leh. woodlands one minimum 1.2K per month. after subsidy for citizen, then maybe 800 + GST.

lett is so guai. tian also throw things on the floor once she sees something more attractive to her. sigh!

autum
EJ still wakes up a few times? wow tiring rite? very frustrated esp. when i see the other 1/2 sleeping away :p

nana
maid is about $700-$800 inclusive of her daily expense, i think thats also the rate for child/infantcare.

nana, if u intend not to get a maid after she is 18 months old, then u can consider this.
its only a few more months to 18 months, then can consider
Infant care (fork out more money temporarily)
nanny nearby

then when she is 18 months, straighaway go into childcare.
happy.gif
wonderful?

if you wanna get a maid, also another choice, but prepare to train her, and spend more time & also money cause its rather a longer term committment.

nana,
i send EJ to Learning Kidz. it's near my place in Serangoon Central area. This one is quite cheap. The charge is $980 nett (before subsidy). I know some IC charge like $1200 to $1400 then pluss GST.. so even after $400 subsidy, it's still very expensive.

but this is also luck and fate... as in, it so happened that this IC near my house is cheap.. so I am lucky in that sense. Some people boh-bian cos all the IC near their house charge very high. i guess u can source around your new place.. see got any IC that is not expensive lor.. otherwise can source for nanny also quite a good idea.

autum.. how come u got $400 subsidy?? last year when i looking for infant care.. i checked.. its all like only $150 for working mothers.. fathers not included..

viv.. yeah.. but u know.. they can put everything false in their biodata..
sad.gif
i not paisay to say them one .. i always ask things and questions.. esp.. when i think of my previous maids.. i will ask them.. wil u do this.. wil u do that ? but of cos i never mentioned my previous maids lah

pink, but then maid can do housework for u de. also wonderful.
I also get partime helper to clean my house, also $150 per month like that.

Sometimes, tian also wake up crying at nights, then two days later got new teeth come out liao.
two days ago, she woke up at night, rolled to me, then slept besides me, so sweet. haha! sometimes she roll roll roll and end up she sleeps near to my legs.

QQ,
yea, i know my IC is cheap and i m lucky.. actually i told hubby before. alot of things is luck n fate.. so we all try our best to find the most suitable solution. Actually hor, until now i still dun dare to think what will happen when my #2 comes along.. i think i am trying to escape from reality!!

If get maid, also headache.. sianz.. always cannot solve this issue one.

nana, $400 subsidy for infants below 18 months.
if above 18 months, then $250 bah. i think.

is tiff singaporean? if she is, then entitled to.
if she is not, then no more subsidy from next year onwards. this year only $75 subsidy nia

Nana,
$400 subsidy is standard leh.. for Singaporean working mum. I think if SG non-working mum, the subsidy is $150. If PR working mom, also got subsidy of $150 i think. So if you are Singaporean and working mum, then u get $400.

QQ,
your parttime cleaner only $150? that's good. I pay my parttime cleaner $50 per trip.. so about $200 a mth.

Autum, last time remember i was sourcing for infant care? I went to all IC in woodlands, u know?
there is only 1 centre (capacity only 5, they are full, and waiting list like got 10-20 babies). all others 1.2K to 1.5K (with GST).
then i told hb, how come yours so cheap? my hb also wondering why leh?
anyway, luckily we settled her at current nanny's place.
last night before i fetched her, uncle even brought her down and walk walk. she was very very de happie.

Autum, PR working mum, or not. not important anymore.
singaporean baby, subsidy as you mentioned.
non-singaporean baby(PR or wat), this year $75 subsidy, next year $0. no more subsidy in future.

QQ , viv, pink.. autum.. yea.. its all on luck..

Well.. i also tot of foregoing the maid.. but.. my side there .. i check out the infant care liaoz.. its quite ex.. den the new found childcare next block to mine is cheap.. but tiff is not yet to their minimum age limit.. that is 2 yrs.. and they even went it down for me til like 18 months...

The playgroup 9-12 pm everyday its is $180.. mon-fri.. and to carry on the childcare to 7 pm is additional $140.. so total is like $320.. that's my maid salary.. i save on levy and my electricity mah.. but no ppl to cook.. no ppl to do house work lor..

last nite i did mention to hubby also.. den i tot .. we going to ttc in aug.. for no. 2.. by den.. i would need a maid to be ard too.. Sigh..

I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! *sob* *sob*

QQ,
last time i also searching for IC.. then I found that mmy $980 not the cheapest leh.. I ever saw some $800 n $850.. so if got $400 subsidy, it's only like pay $400! but these centres are very far and out of the way.. so maybe at these ulu place, they have to charge cheaper lor.. so that they got business..

anyway, all fate lor.. it's good that Tian's nanny (and the uncle) all love her.. i also feel very lucky cos all of EJ's teachers also love him a lot and bring him walk walk around the IC estate (cos my IC is under a HDB block)..

Nana,
for u it's a dilemma.. and I will be facing this dilemma really soon (cos my #2 on the way) but I am still escaping from reality!

don't be so upset nana. just take it one at a time.
happy.gif
if maid is better option, go for it. maybe you will be luckier this time? cheer up yeah?
happy.gif

WOW!! thanks mummies for suggesting the PART-time cleaner thing manz!!!!!!

But stil.. i need soemone to take care of my infant if #2 comes along.. Sigh..

bbmarch, viv,
I tink both lavonne and lett picked up this habit from my mum since they are both cared for by my mum since bb. My mum is the typical housewife that spends 99% of her time keeping/arranging/cleaning something. So lavonne and Lett must have observed ah ma and am following her ways.
Lucius who was handled by my maid, did not have a habit of keeping his stuff. The maid and jiejie always have to follow behind him previously. Only now that meimei joined the jiejie gang, then lucius aso start to follow.

bbmouse,
The maid have alot other things to do other den gg ard keeping the kids stuff! LOL.

Pink,
Did u use the butter?? Must apply the butter den the hotcakes wil be moist.

Autumn,
Glad to hear that u feel beta. I agree dat good rest beats everything hands down.
happy.gif

re: waking up at night
This might be 'Night Terrors'. Lucius has night terrors and still have it every now and then. The older folks put it down to too much of excitment in the day.
As the tots grow up, they nap lesser and more time are spent carrying out activities. As such, they might 'over-play' or over-excite themself during the day. Therefore, when they sleep, their brain still sends signals which causes night terror. Slowly as they grow up and naps even lesser, they sleep at night will be 'heavier' and as such their sleep overcome the signals and night terror will cease.

viv.. maid will not be a better option.. becos if the same thing happens again.. den well.. u hear me ranting abt the same thing again n again
sad.gif
ya.. but maybe i will get luckier this time round??

Linda.. i try to add u on msn.. but u not online.. can share with me more on the indo maid.. i really interested.. but according to my agent.. the maid must be able to go to jakarta or batam (of cos i dun wan batam) den he can interview.. do medical test there etc.. cos their recuitment agencies is there..

nana, its more wu hua to have a maid if u have 2 leh. but now not yet pregnant u worry about #2 who to take care? step by step lar. relac relac.
i think u need to get a good rest then consider again tomorrow bah. now brain not fresh enough with too many ideas flowing.

Back