(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

carol, i think i am those "no eye see" type. any problem that can be solved in an easier way, then good.

linda, yahor.. my mil also use water like free haha!! must instil concept of saving water for maids lar. my sil wash clothes also use water like free leh. i no eye see.
they turn on aircon everyday, every hours, almost. then also sometimes door open also never close properly. if i need to care for so many things, then i must be really 3 heads 6 arms (san1 tou2 liu4 bi4) liao. and my sil also bath almost an hour everyday. my water bill is above national's average, which we have oni 3 adults + little bb at home. terrible right? no energy to care liao leh.

oh. you fed your maid well, 8kg-10kg. not bad. good!
happy.gif

Pink, Linda: Yah, my maid automatically bathes after her cooks. She won't even carry the baby if she hasn't bathed yet.

Linda: I don't worry if she seduces my hubby. I just watch my hubby can liao.. My hubby not so hu2 tu2 to do such things lah..

pink,
wow, your maid daring leh, bio your hubby.... so you didn ans her when she say your hubby handsome huh?? hehehe....

bbmouse,
wow, how does your maid know Sir is a good man huh?? cos he very kind to her huh???

QQ,
i like your attitude.. "no eye see" is good for your sanity. If everything u must see, then u will go crazy. When u no eye see, u are being kind to yourself!

QQ,
Yar, dunno why they use water and electricity like FOC? When my mil and her 4 sisters came and stay for 10 days only. My PUB went up by almost S$50.

I always tink that msia should be used to darkness since their night time is SUPER DARK. But when they were here, all the light of the house was ON. I came home at 11pm and the entire house was lited!
And they like to shower from a TUB of water instead of directly from the shower, so u can hear the tap on full blast and the 'chang chang' sound of water from the bucket. Even my maid also headshake when she last saw it. LOL.

Lucky for me is I only need to close eyes couple times a yr. Otherwise i blind liaoz....

bbmouse,
Good dat u hv a hygienic maid. U are lucky.
happy.gif

Autum, cause i really no energy to do too many things.

eh linda, i can answer u.
When they leave their house, all electric thingy no need to turn off, cause its CHHEAP, + also camo ppl as if there are ppl inside the house so that they dun go in and steal things.
got it? must camo everytime. really.. sometimes TV also leave it on.
i off TV and light for them last time, kena suan somemore.
but for my kampung, we turn off de, cause kampung ppl more thrifty leh. but KL ppl more generous in this.
and your mil and her sisters all come? wah so ENG! wah!
but i find showering cleaner leh. cause can multitask. haha! using kok must also clean our body at the same time, a bit leh chey.

Autum, i think some maids are good de. must also depends on your luck. u can try first also wat. then let go if u dun like or give up .

Aiyo..i oso wan2 complain my MIL here leh.
Very angry last sat. She said she wan2 bring my son to Shanghai; sponsor his airticket. My FIL is having long break (wk) in July & they plan to go back to SHanghai for relaxation (they had a home there). My hubby asked wat abt our tickets; she said we have to pay. They will bring Kai there. BUT we got no leave & dun wan to go leh. HELP...They are gg to kidnap my son to Shanghai!!!

I very angry. When they left, i tell my hubby tat my son is not gg to go shanghai alone wif his grandparents. He is not gg to be separated from ME! He said ok ok. But i doubt he dare to tell his mom tat
sad.gif

Wan to vent anger very long liao but no chance!

They r v.selfish pple. They wan to do things under their wishful thinking & wan to show off my Kai to friends relatives neighbours roommates...watever lah! Sob...me so scared tat Kai will b taken away & refused to do passport till now.

angel, everyone is selfish de lah, i think.

my mil also complain that I'm selfish to keep tian with me at all time. last time in old days, ah mah has more power over mama leh. so my mum also said i am lucky cause i overpower mil now cause I am working and earning $$. Nowadays, those who earn $$ can speak louder. time has changed.
but still i have friends who have to listen to mil at all time. she say 1, u cannot say 2. jialat.

dun make passport can liao. can solve problem.

Linda: But she's leaving soon. I hope the next maid can be just as good to Anna..

Mist: My hubby is a nice man to everyone. He is the kind if he can avoid an argument by giving in, he will give in (within tolerable limits). He has a very good temper and doesn't flared up at the maid, unlike me. He's the one who does the wet marketing and NTUC shopping etc. I'm not surprised my maid says he's a good man, becos he really is.

QQ
Yes..they got the nerve to say in front of me: Lynn, muz bring kai more often to our hse! Xianz..y cant they tell tat to their son. Is it they think their son listen to wife. Fan si le!

Angel: Who takes care of Kai now? If I were you, I'll just tell them "(Your hubby's name) and I have no leave, so don't think the family can go." If she can be so blunt abt it, so can you mah..

Nana
Yalor..i dun trust the drinking water, food, weather, air etc. Worst thing is the separation! Wat if Kai wans to look for mama? Wat if she is bz entertaining n my kai walk away..wat if..aiyo, i'm alwaz the bad guy who reject them. Then my hubby is the goodie goodie one.

Angel: i think ur MIL must think its easier to tell u to action instead of son cos prob son will ignoe ur MIL. my MIL will also pass instructions to me than hb.
hey why can't u tell ur PIL straight in the face that they cannot bring kai to shanghai on their own w/o u? ur mIL will give u black face if you tell her straight? i find that when it comes to our kids, i dun want to beat around the bush and give them false idea lah. Better to be clear upfront so no misunderstanding or unhappiness among every one.

BBmouse
My mom takes care of Kai in the day. The IL comes only once in a while (cos everytime we got excuse for meet-ups). They noe nuts abt taking of kids nowadays; though they have 2. MIL is a tai-tai; during tat time (after giving birth to my hubby), she got 2 maids to attend to her. So she no need to hands on many things. She oso no strength to carry kai. everyday, sleep till 9plus 10am then stay at home read books/magazines etc or go out jalan jalan. Typical tai tai lor ^_^

QQ,
I specially bought a veri big TUB + bucket for the msia gang. Whenever they come, it appears in the toilet lorz. I aso dunno how to shower lidat. So for the sg DIL, my FIL installed a heater + shower in their house. LOL.

Camo?? Erm... Abit the extra right?? So many ppl in the house! Dunno lar, i bah liaoz. Nowadays, its my hb and maid that cp instead. :p

Angel,
Dun make the passport!!! Lidat they cant do anything aso. TELL ur hb not to sign anything lest ur mil 'help' Kai to make his passport.

bbmouse,
Oh! Ur maid is leaving?? Contract not over yet rite??

Angel,
Wah, ur MIL good life lei. Dun be angry. Kai is u and ur hb's child. As long as u 2 say No, they cant do anything. Let them nag, haggle or wadever they wanna do. Juz ignore them.

angel,
wah, ur MIL tai2 har? how come u din say, if you want to pay for kai, must also pay for kai's parents too. otherwise, how can kai go along wit u?

actually, my mum sometimes when she is visiting me and K, when she heading back, she will say, next time when u bigger, ask mummy to put u in plane and grandma go airport pick u up. u want?

linda, i not prenant la. i oni use maternity pads for heavy flow nights in case i stain and dun sleep well..

haha!! i am interested to see your big bucket.
but my kampung ppl shower using shower head woh. i tot bucket and kok already out liao.

angel, dun make passport then ok liao.

nana,
my indo maid is ok, but must also close eyes. she can eat a lot! but she shows initiative and will find something to do when she got nothin to do. she has been us for 1 year 3mths already

bbgal,
my maid will help me or hubby to wash car.
we dun allow her to wash alone anyway. coz i live in HDB. she cant drive my car to the washing bay.
having said that, think she only washed 3x so far. hubby still prefers to wash himself

nana,
She is good to my standard. But coz she 'xin hua hua' kind, so cannot 100% boh chap her. Must see-see check-check her every now and then.

QQ,
OIC. I aso do dat. But i buy those loop kinds without adhesive and double layer.

Dat only means that my hb kampung is more kampung than urs. LOL

Michelle/QQ/Linda/Star
They wont pay for our ticket lor cos we less impt now. yday, they pop by again n kai was at my mom's place (overnite) cos i was sick. when fil realised kai is not in, he said oh then we go home lor. TMD! Do u noe when i was pregnant, he was not very happy! He was saying: so fast & then silent thru-out the whole dinner
sad.gif

Then now like wan xiao de bu ya da de (adore small ignore big)!

Mayb it's true tat it's easier to talk to me (hubby quite su-bian) but if u wan me to reject u i will surely b very blunt.

Sorry hor i need to fa-xie! pardon me for being lorsoh.

I think i will stick to 'no passport, no go!' Then like Michelle sis says: if go, 3 must go! if dun go, 3 dun go. Hmm..SET!

bbmouse,
oh, no wonder lah.... so he's the angel as compared to you lah.... hehehe.... be careful that the maid do not take advantage of your hubby though....

Linda: You were not around when I tell this story. She wants to go back for reasons she didn't tell us honestly. One evening a few weeks back, she told me very seriously and with a sullen face that she had something to tell me, but she wanted to wait til Anna was asleep cos she didn't want to cry in front of her. I already knew she's up to no good.
When Anna went to bed, I asked her what she had to tell me. Then she cried and told me her hubby said on the phone in the afternoon that her son was hospitalised, his tummy was very bloated and doc said needed an operation. And her hubby told her if she wanted to see her son again, she better come home. So she said she wanted to go home. I half-believed her. I aske her to tell me what the doc said of her son, she said she didn't know, cos everything was through her hubby. I asked her to call her hubby now and requested for a copy of the medical report. She replied her phone card just ran out of value. Then I asked for my phone back. (This was such a smart thing to do though I didn't know it then). After that, she brought out another mobile phone! Told me her sis sent it to her and the parcel was delivered to our address! I asked how come she didn't tell me earlier? She said she forgot.
Anyway, I told her I have to discuss with my hubby and we will let her leave (hubby was out then).
My SIL asked to have the mobile from us. The next day, we kept getting incoming calls from a 852-xxx HK number. My SIL went to the agency and asked the philly maids there to interpret some of the smses. All the inbox and outbox were empty of course, but the sent folder were still intact. From one of the smses, we discovered it was a lie! There was an sms which she asked her hubby when he wanted her to return, and she would start the drama over here.
We decided to play along with her instead of exposing her. I told her we will let her leave, but because she's breaking her contract, we have some paper work to clear which will take time. Then she started aggravating her son's health situation in an attempt to speed up her going-home - he's got spots on his hands and the doc said he got leukemia. To which I told her if she could produce the medical report from the doctor, then the govt would let her leave immediately. That shut her up til now.
This is the story.
We suspect she might have another better lobang in HK (she's worked there for 3 yrs before), and now that she's saved sufficient money to pay for going there, she's thinking of a way out over here. Cos after I took back the mobile, I told her she could buy a phone card to call home. The HK incoming phones stopped when she went to make the calls from the public phone - we guessed she must have called the other party not to pick up or call the number again.

From then on, we never let her out of our sight. She's still been good to Anna although there were 2 occasions where I told her off for being careless with Anna now that she's leaving.
I think she's not a bad person, but she has her own agenda.

Wah super long post.

wah !! bbmouse.. that's why.. maids.. Sigh.. neverending headaches..

so u mean after u asked for the medical report.. den she never ask to go back again?

Mist
i was driving when she said that, so i didnt really respond. i was thinking wow this gal just came here for few days so frank to me.

Angel
if u find it hard to tell your PIL that u3 are not going, ask your hubby to be the bad guy, easy way out for you.
they never take care of Kai, think its so easier to just bring him abroad, a bit brainless lor.

Mickey
regardless whether its change of agenda, a promise is a promise, a contract is a contract, she should not lie, that is not forgivable.
so have u started sourcing for new maid?

my mum passed me a phone (her extra), wanted to let rina to use, luckily the phone code is blocked. i will let her use my phone to call next time, wif me around her.

re: maid's water usage
i asked rina is water free is Philippines, she said yes, she draws water from the well.
and i realise i can rinse clothes better than her, maybe they can hang in open area, no need to rinse too much.
and my MIL notice she used a lot of bath shampoo for Leia, this one must teach...

Mist: Well.. My hubby says this - People can only take advantage of him once, and then that's it. Having said that, my hubby is not a "stupid" person lah, can't take advantage of him easily lah.

Pink
Yalor..they nvr kana they nvr noe. They only noe how to play wif them. Then when they see tat the kid is playful, they will say: Why so naughty one?

Thanks to all mommies for lending yr listening 'ears' & giving me advice. Feel better now..I am equiped with bullets for next shooting!

bbmouse,
I can understand the need of ur maid to want a beta postition. But they juz dun tell the truth do they?? I belive if she come out clean with u, u will let her go happily. Haizz....

Oh well, just have to cross ur finger and hope that the new maid adapts well and is a good one.
happy.gif

Pink: We have started sourcing for a new one. In fact, have shortlisted one, but she's still clearing her passport in Philly and not here yet.

Nana: No, she still wants to go back. But I made it very clear to her that the reason we have to wait is becos she wasn't able to produce the medical report. So she kept quiet. But she asked me yesterday if the agency has called. I told her I think the agent went to phillipines and hasn't come back. And she immediately replied maybe the agent has found a new maid for me. And I said maybe..

nana,
I replied at msn but u log off liaoz.

I ask simple qns to test their knowledge of english. Start with personal qns like age? family members? married? single? Any siblings? Ever need to do housework? Cooking? Taking care of younger siblings, children before? What kind of household chores carried out before? What kind of kitchen appliances u know/operated? What dishes u can cook? Describe how to prepare the dishes
etc....
Ask qns related to her work and life. No matter how good their english is, they might find it hard to understand ours, so asking things familiar to them will have a more postitive outcome.
happy.gif

Tata...gg home soon! They are coming again tonite to see if Kai is home! Arggghhh.....

Autumn
Sorry i came back earlier cos i was sick. Forgot to msg u cos i was in meeting this whole mrng. Since my parcel only be sending to me today/tomorrow, i think i pass to Michelle will be better.

linda
rina is 26yrs old. i asked her why she chose to come here, she said her MIL had heart operation and they loaned a sum of money from bank, tats why she needs to be here to earn $.

bbmouse,
hehehe... sorry, i hope my comments dun across that your hubby is stupid lah... not what i meant. sometimes maid use "tricks" if you know what i mean

pink,
yeah, i also think that your maid very daring to make such comments.

Linda: I would have let her go. In fact, my hubby didn't feel good that the "household ie the maid and us living under one roof" is lying to one another abt this. He wanted to let her go immediately and we to survive without a maid. I have to pacify and coax him to take on my proposal. He is too good to be the person who has to do the lying and pretending - so I told him I will do the lying.

Mist: I know what you mean lah. Becos I have exactly the same fear that he gets bullied by people.

Nana: What is your priority for the maid? Is it childcare or household work? For my case, it is childcare, so I will only shortlist the ones with experience in taking care of NB and young children.
I will ask how old are the children she's taken care of, girl or boy - already from the resume, I already know the answer. Ask her to describe what is the baby's schedule.
Does she know how to bathe a baby? Ask her to describe to you how to bathe a baby.
Can she sing to the baby? Ask her to sing a song.
Can she read from a storybook to the baby?
If the baby is sick, will she give the baby medicine (this is a trick question, cos the answer is no. She has to inform you first and listen to instructions on what to do.)
etc...

Then I will go on to ask about household questions.
Can she cook? What dish she cooks? Can she boil soup? Will she leave the gas on when she leaves the kitchen? Does she have a washing machine at home? Does she have a computer at home? Does she use a gas stove at home? Will she leave the fire on when there is no one at home?
etc

Nana: I will also ask her some personal questions. This is so that she cannot come up with long and bull stories about the family situation next time while she is with us.

How many family members? How old are the parents - in good health? How many siblings - still schooling or working - in good health?
If single, got boyfriend or not? Why not? If yes, when does she want to get married? Why not get married before coming to Sing to work?
If married, how many children, how old are they, what her hubby does - all in good health?
etc..

Back