(2007/01) Jan

Sherl,

The author advocates that children under 3s should not attend full-day nursery programmes. He suggests that appropropriate amount of time should be spent in nurseries, depending on the age group. For instance, for 2.5 years old, they could attend up to 2 short days in a nursery.

I am just wondering what is the accuracy of the research studies cited in the book.

I am quite baffled after reading this book! As my mum would not be able to take care of karis already, I am lookin for a childcare centre for her. However, after reading this book, I am wondering whether I should look for a part-time job, as I personally also think that for our children this age to attend full-day childcare programmes is quite poor thing... Am in dilemma now!
happy.gif

Anyway, I have posted my queries to ask on accuracy of this research studies in the book to the Little Skool-House experts in SMH thread. Let's see what they would advise.

Congrats to Michelle.

Janmum, did the book mention anything about the impart if they attend school early? what is the negative side of it?

Babymilk,

The research studies cited in the book says that behavioral problems of the child may surface out in the later years of their life, if they attend nurseries for long hours each day when they are under 3 yrs of age. They might not become the best that they could be in stretching their potential.

Mummies,

Care to share the experiences of your children or nieces or nephews who attended childcare centres for long hours since they are two years of age? How are they like when they grow up? Do they seem more "problematic" than other kids?

Thanks!

Good morning mummies,
I am actually not intending to send my daughter to nurseries so soon. Maybe just for the weekend where I could be there with her. I feel she would be more ready after she is able to talk. At least she could tell me how her day was.

Would like to share a book that I am reading now. Very very good

"The Rules of Parenting" by Richard Templar - International Bestselling author of the rules of life

Here's the link. You can actually see the content of the book here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0273711474/ref=sib_dp_pt/202-2501851-1724643#reader-page

hi hi...
wow... heard goods news form Bluegrapes huh... congrats!!

Icy,
#2 for me? No leh... think will TKK leh....
hahha, am travelling too frequent... :S

icy!! i was browsing through old photo albums of my baby pics and some relatives or friends' married photographs and I saw a wedding photo of you. oO!

hi all,
wanna check, I am looking for sofa bed for Darrius... would prefer a single seat kind... the cushioning need not be too thick.
Need a bed for him, as his sleeping style is tossing all over, and I found it difficult for him to sleep with us.

MSn_Queen,

You wanna check with hui or zenn? I remember that time they bought the mattress bed which is foldable. I thought it's quite good.

Hi Sherl,

Long time no see leh... how's claire Claire?? Is she going to childcare now?

I remember that time we are talking abt the mattress, but i 4got if it is able to fold!

Msn_queen,

No la, Claire still with my mum. Think I will send her to child care when she's 3. Still in 2 minds about it but I think in the end I will send la, just a matter of earlier or later.

The one that Zenn and hui bought can fold for storage. Not all can though I think. Gotta check.

Good afternoon mummies!

MSN Queen,
Not sure about foldable mattress leh... But I saw before in those nursery fair and super sale of John Little which does sell mattresses... Quality looks good.

Mummies!
Any recommendation of hotels which are family friendly or recommended for holidays in Macau? We'll be going there for our family hols in few weeks' time. My hubby and I are also planning to bring Karis to the HK Disneyland since it's nearby to Macau.

Any idea whether are there toddler rides at all in HK Disneyland?
happy.gif

JanMum,

I would say HK Disneyland is probably all for kiddos. My friend's 6 year old could take everything; for our kiddos it's probably minus the Space Mountain ba? You can check their official website (they will have a lot of info there). It's quite a nice Disneyland to start out in for toddlers because size is small and not so crowded. YOu can finish everything in probably half a day.

icy, i don't know! lols maybe ill ask my mom or dad tonight. Pretty sure that is you cos even if the lady resembles you, cannot be the hubby also resembles your hubby right wakakka :D

Thanks Sherl... good to finish in half a day anyway cos we do not plan to stay in HK and be going back to Macau before the day ends..
happy.gif

Mummies
While away for hols, what do you let your children eat if you don't stay in an apartment with kitchenette? We would be staying in hotel which do not have any kitchenette available for cooking.

Icy and snow,

ha... the world is so small hor.... somehow, one of us may just end up being a fren's fren's fren or relative..

<font color="ff0000">snow</font> dun scan &amp; post here. dun let ah <font color="aa00aa">sherl</font> see. kekeke...

tonite ask ur parents &amp; update me ok. i think u mite be my hubby's side de relatives lah. i suspect.

<font color="0077aa">Janmum</font> think in abt 25 yrs time. we will have a chance to attend bb kimi &amp; bb claire's wedding.

Ha sure, who knows in 25 years' time two mummies from this SMH thread can end up sitting on the same VIP red table in our children's wedding lo... Think about it - probability is actually not that low!

Icy,

JK and Rachel older than Kimi and Claire leh, I think they will get married first. Then we attend their wedding. Wakakkkkakakkakakkakaka

Aqua,

Since they all sisters we can consider la.. maybe 1 take Mon and Tues, 1 take Wed and Thurs, 1 take Fri and Sat, on Sunday Luke can rest. Wakkakakakkakakakkakakakkakakkakakakkaka

Think if AMM see this she will faint. LOL

Gd Afternoon Mummies!

Are Jan07 babies sleeping on mattress or baby cot?

My girl seems to have a couple of blue black on her legs as she sleeps in baby cot, and with her sleeping style, she seems to always knock agst the sides even though there is side bumper protector. It seems not enough to protect her. Does any mummies observe that?

wakakakakkakakka... thank you zhuzhu! Heeheehee Update your blog also leh.. very long time never update le...

JJM,
Mine is alternating between cot and my bed. She will climb back and forth several times throughout the night. Got all sorts of sleeping positions, but her favourite is still to snuggle in a corner.

jjm,
jk still sleeps with us, no baby cot. but afternoon naps on mattress. also discover he will have blue-blacks now n then. think part n parcel of growing up. nevermind lah. jus sayang n rub aloe vera cream to heal it fast.

<font color="ff0000">zhuzhu</font> only sherl's de claire pretty gal only meh?? huh! huh! huh!!!

<font color="0000ff">JJM</font> Rachel still sleeps in between me &amp; hubby.

jjm,
kaelyn refused to sleep in cot, 'cos she always bumped herself against the guard. she would scream and fight if put to sleep in cot. that's abt 1 month ago. now she sleep on mattress on the floor. we give her the adult single mattress to sleep on.

when she is home with me, she still sleep on the playpen she has been using since birth, i placed 2 layer of playpen mattress in it. she love it because she can roll anyhow also won't get hurt.

i guess our bb are growing big big liao, want to have more space than what the cot can offer.

kaelyn also like to ti kam when sleeping, all sort of patterns.

aqua,
those i bot for kaelyn one, can tri-fold one, not very good, 'cos they are not very ventilated, kae get all sweaty and hot after a nap. tat's why she now sleep in spring mattress or those playpen/cot mattress, it's cooler.

aqua,
the Bumper bed both zenn n me bot, can fold half only.
:
When folded: length 35" x height 37" x thickness 10".
when open, equivalent to a single size mattress.

thanks Kc and hui. Hui, do you have the contact for the one you bought? I want to 'migrate' deszi to her gor gor's room before she becomes 'permanent resident' in my room. wakakakak

Back