2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Twinsmom
Hey gal! Don't worry! Must think happy thoughts then BBs happy too!
Dr Loh also sees me quite infrequently. I've seen him only in Week 7, 11 and next one is Week 17! In between, I had the FTS in Week 12 but tt was with another Dr. Next scan after tt will be detailed scan at Week 20. So I think our case fairly similar.
Think he feels tt no need to see him so freqeuntly unless probs arise. But I think tt in the later stages of our preg, he'll see us more regularly. This one can check with Verona...
Me really looking forward to Week 17 scan cause can find out sexes of BBs!

Hi all, thanks to Twinsmum for the thread. I have added myself in.

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>NO. OF BBIES/GEND</TD><TD>HOSPITAL/CLINIC</TD><TD>DR. </TD></TR><TR><TD>TCH</TD><TD>18th Aug 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>doggies mummy</TD><TD>12th Oct 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrynzen</TD><TD>7th Nov 06</TD><TD>2(boy/girl)</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>YC Goh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD>13th Nov 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Verona</TD><TD>15th Nov 06</TD><TD>3 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovia|Ger</TD><TD>23rd Nov 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>27th Jan 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Cathryn Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>5th Feb 07</TD><TD>3(boy/?/?)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>LC Foong </TD></TR><TR><TD>BK</TD><TD>13th Feb 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Trips</TD><TD>5th Mar 07</TD><TD>3 (???)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinsmom</TD><TD>8th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choco_latte</TD><TD>16th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>Private</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irin</TD><TD>9th Apr 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoo</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

This is a really active thread. Have only manage to quickly browse through the posting and will try to answer some of the questions since I am the first to popped!

Jovia, on Dr Loh, I really like him. He is a very confident and experience doctor. I see him at TPS.

I was warded at 35weeks for regular contractions. The nurses and the MO on duty seems to think that I will not be discharged due to the regular intense contractions. However, after staying for 1 night and put on higher dosage of the pills to prevent contractions, Dr Loh discharged me saying that no point staying in and wait. And true enough, my contractions were gone after discharged and in fact no sign of delivery even at 36+week.

As for delivery of multiplies, I guess since he is the IVF doctor and has handle many cases before, he should be very experience. While in the OT, I told the team there that babies have to be out before 1pm. Dr Loh only came down at about 12.35pm but the anesthetist say no worries, Dr Loh is very fast. He cut me up at about 12.45 and babies were out by 12.51/12.52, no fuss at all. And the anesthetist ask me while I was being stitched up, "Do you know why he is call SF?" and I gave him the correct answer "cos he is super fast?!"
happy.gif
)

As for my C-section wound, it was paintful the day after delivery, when I got down to walk but after that it was ok. Seems to recover quite well. And the message lady said that the stitches are quite well down.

Oh, to add on how experience Dr Loh is...he operated on my sis while she was six weeks pregnant due to a 8cm cyst in the ovaries. Sis recovered well and now she is into her 30+weeks (due in Nov). Baby is ok and safe..

So don't worry, I think we are in excellent hand under Dr Loh.

On hospital charges, I was advised to choose B1 due to multiplies which I did. But once babies are cleared to be "well babies", I asked for upgrade to A1. Service at KKH is definitely not comparable to pte hosiptal (like Raffles which I had my first child). However, since I choose to stay with Dr Loh, have to put up with it. Have not got my final bill yet but the estimated given for my bill is about $4900, Twin 1 $600 and Twin 2 $1000 (due to longer stay cos of jaundice).

As for frequency in visiting Dr, have seen about fortnightly after 22weeks. Not sure why some of your intervals are so long. hmm...maybe cos I see him at TPS??

For those expecting triplets, think it is best to remain at clinic D as the cost will be much cheaper.

ok, that's all for now. Feel free to ask any questions but I may not response so fast as I don't log on so frequently now.

tch,
welcome to the thread! How are ur two new cutie pies doing? How do u manage them along with ur older son? U have two maids right? I m soo happy for u!

If Dr will see us more regulary in TPS, I dont mind going there. Thanks so much for your input, its great to know that we are in good hands
happy.gif

trips,
thank u for the info, I ws also thinking that i will know my babies gender today, but end up he said cant say now, so must wait another 5 weeks. How many weeks are u now? soo exciting and worrisome being pregnant i think
happy.gif
hope u r rite that he gave us such a long gap because everything seems good. Our EDD is only 3 days apart.....Take care u!

hi gals

i remember the insurance is for $300 per baby per day for NICU. As for normal ward, i cannot remember... let me check.

Came back from my review. Babies are 13cm at week 18. 2 boys and 1 still unknown. Now cold sweat, scully the one unknown also a boy...

tch, wow, u must be enjoying motherhood now. Take care and do pop by to visit us.
happy.gif

twinsmom, my babies were about 8cm in week 14.

Btw gals, looks like a lot of pple down with flu. Me coming down with cold too, now drinking ginger water. Better look after urselves carefully, dun catch the flu bug.

Besttwins, well, my elder son is in CC. But on weekends, I find him quite pitiful though he is quite independent. He plays by himself most of the time.

I only have 1 maid and my mum is helping now. Quite a handful if they cry together. Can't imagine after 1 month as my mum won't be helping during the weekends and my maid is not taught to handle the babies yet. On top of that, my eldest will be at home...chaos!

Chloe, can't quite say I am enjoying motherhood now cos it's tiring to pump milk and the babies always have problem falling asleep in the evening and will cry a lot. Think I will probably enjoy more few months later.

It's good to have a support group here and I can't wait for you all to pop so that we can all share the experiences.

hi tch

yah, u telling me, next time i cannot imagine if all my 3 babies cry together
sad.gif
Anyway, one step at a time lar. Feel so happy for u now that all babies are healthy and at home.
happy.gif
oh yes, wait till we all pop then we can start to share more experiences on childcare.
happy.gif

Hi tch

Thanks so much for the detailed info on Dr SF Loh! May consider switching to him at later stage if I can last till week 36 and beyond..

BTW, have also sent u a pte msg with more queries. Hope to hear from you soon!

So you took c-section with epidural? Is it difficult to remain totally stationary while they inject the epidural? Any discomfort during this process? Can u feel anything after the epi took effect?

Twinsmom
Think our ET was around the same time cause our EDD so close to each other. Mine was on Jun 14th. Urs? So I guess I'm into Week 15 now. Think we can only see the gender around Week 16 onwards... assuming the BBs are co-operative!!! So maybe tt's why it's was still too early for SF to give u a definitive answer about BBs' sexes.
I've actually transferred to TPS cause I didn't like the waiting time in Clinic D. I reckon for $6 more, the reduction in waiting time was worth it! So I guess it doesn't mean tt u get more regular checkups by going to TPS.
I really think it's how regular SF thinks u need to be seen. If not, it's just a waste of $$$ by going at fixed intervals. Think it gets more frequent after the detailed scan... More stuff to moniter then.

Chloe
Congrats on knowing the sex of 1 more of ur BBs! I can imagine how it must feel waiting 2 find out the last BB's sex... Good Luck k? But whatever it is, as long as healthy is great rite?
I'm really hoping for mixture but guess whatever is meant 2 be is meant 2 be! Have told everybody closing factory after this... be it BBB/GGG/Mix. Just want my BBs 2 be strong n healthy! Love them all the same!!!
happy.gif

Guess u'll be finding out the result in about 2 weeks time. I'll be going for my Week 17 scan then... hope they co-operate so can tell! Keeping my fingers n toes crossed!!!
happy.gif

TCH
Thanks 4 taking the trouble to answer all our queries! It must be diff 4 u considering u have ur hands full with ur 3 precious angels... Hope to hear more advice from "DA JIE" like u!!!

Hi TCH
Hang in there... I'll be in the same shoes as you soon!
happy.gif
I also feel kind of guilty to my older son now as mummy is really too tired to do things with him....

Hi TCH, nice to see u in this thread. Just to check, when were you asked to choose the class of ward? How much was the deposit?

good morning all!

chloe,
Ic! so i think my babies are also on track mesuring 9 cm at week 15. so two more weeks and u'll know the result....so exciting.

tch,
Icic! How about getting your older son involvoled with the babies routines, like getting him to help u with little things and being a big brother with the babies, this will make him bonded and very close to the babies and urself i guess. At the same time, he wont be lonely or feel left alone. We do this in childcare centre when we have young infants and one or two older children at the same time on some saturdays with few teachers. Are planning to work after maternity leave (ML) or going to be SAHM? slowly let ur maid invlved in baby care while ur mum is still coming.

chloe,
haha...it will be like a crying orchestra when more than two babies cry, i have seen 3 are 4 babies crying at the same time and its sooo cute u know hehe...

Trips,
my ET was on 9th june. Abt going to TPS, can we still downgrade if want to once i choose TPS? Probably will call kkh later and change my appointment to TPS. Thanks!

hi twinsmom

Crying orchestra cute?? oh dear, i think my face will turn green! Can imagine me is a conductor of the orchestra, haha.... holding on to a CANE!! haha... just have to try my best to be a good mommy, first time mom somemore. Me going for another detailed scan in 2 week's time when i am in week 20. Hopefully babies are developing well, and hopefully can tell the gender of the last baby, and hopefully hopefully it is a girl. haha... me very greedy, finally pregnant and now asking for more.
happy.gif
Anyway, like wat trips say, whether boy or gal, still my child and i will love him/her. Moreover, the journey to have the 3 of them is so tough, all the more they are precious to me!
happy.gif

chloe,
Definitely! cant agree more, they are precious little gems to us. Dont turn green la...hold one and talk or sing to the other two, I know easy said than done but can try
happy.gif
The first 3 or 4 months will be more difficult after that, you'll know how to organize and set up play for them so that u can handle one at a time. Oh remember, be consistent in performing your routines and rituals with the babies so that they can settle down faster. well, i m saying so much don know what i'll be doing keke...

For me, my MIL and mum will only help for the first one or two months, after that i'll be alone SAHM, I m usually a very lazy person, las time after work will come home and lie down on my sofa munching and watching TV as long as i want before i shower and start to do anything, guess those days are gone, i better buck up once the bbies arrive, hehe....

<font color="0000ff">Hiya</font> <font color="ff0000">TCH</font>,

So, u opted for Caesarean under epidural? If so, it was very brave of you! Was it very traumatic, cos' I'm sure you felt them cutting u up, then stitching, and heard their conversations?

For all of us MTBs with multiples, our C-section fates are already kinda sealed, right? No chance to opt for vaginal birth at all?

If really have to opt for C, I wld prefer that with epidural cos' I wanna witness my BBs' birth. But I'm afraid that I will be too traumatised. Btw, will they allow hubby to be present for C with epidural?

Trips,
Checked my insurance and it is $300 per day per baby in level 3 Neonatal ward and $100 per day per baby in level 1 Neonatal ward. Max amount per baby if $54 000. Seems like it is slightly different from yours...not sure why.

As for the frequency of my appointments, before the 20th week detail scan, it is usually 3 weeks interval. After that, either 2 or 3 weeks. Since the 29th week, I am seeing him on a 2 week interval.

As for the sex of the babies, think usually can only confirm during the 1st detail scan...before that, doc will only say "can see that there is at least one boy.."

TCH,
Congratulations that you have "pop"! I am looking forward to the day especially when feeling so uncomfortable now. How was the whole process of the epidural c-section? I am debating whether to go for epidural c-section or GA c-section. I am quite scared of the epidural insertion process and consciously knowing someone is cutting me up...

hi hi,
I may opt for C-section with epi if hubby can be there, cos i want to see the babies once they are born
happy.gif

Verona
Think our insurance should be similar lei... maybe i remembered wrongly! Shall go back n check. Really hope the goes up to $54K! Makes me feel so much more relieved.
U gonna "pop" soon yah? All the best! Hope u can "dong" until 34-36 weeks! Then BBs will not need too much NICU...

Me definitely gonna go for epidural! Really wanna be conscious when my BBs come into the world. 'Sides, don't like the side effects of GA!

The thing is hubby cannot be with you for KKH deliveries, even if it is epi c-section. Think only the private hospitals allow hubby to be inside.
That is why I thought of just choosing the GA c-section, since hubby cannot be with me. I am like Chloe, don't think can have the courage to be conscious during the whole procedure. But yet I also feel like seeing the babies once there are out. So now still have not really decided and asking around...

Trips, I am now into my 29th week, and if I can deliver at 34th week, it will be another 5 more weeks! Ya, now trying to "dong" but getting more and more uncomfortable and tiring...

Trips / Best Twins, I would also want to witness my BBs' 1st cries, but I'm afraid that I wld want to chicken out halfway thru' Some more, can u imagine the conversations between the gynae, nurses and the anasthetician? It may range from "Too much blood, we need to stem the flow" or "We need to reach deeper to fish the other one out. And oh, don't let the intestines get tangled." <font size="+1">*SHUDDER*</font>

Hi verona,
I didnt know that kkh doesnt allow our hubby to be inside, sooo bad....my hubby badly oso wants to hear the babies first cries. aiya, why is it like this???? 54K seems to be a great news, i'll also go and read the insurance details later!

alethea,
I m scared also but i more scared of the after effect of GA, i suffered a lot last time when i went for ovarian cycs op, i felt like i m gonna suffocate and die, gosh the feeling was horrible. Ya i totally understand what u mean, scared if the conversation oso....hiya I want the best of both world how???

hi Alethea

heehee... u so funny, sounds like Grey Anatomy to me.
happy.gif

feel so sick now, developing a headache. urgh... dunno how long it will take for me to recover from flu.
sad.gif

Hi greeting to all the responses...

Let me try to answer your questions here...

Firstly, it's correct that KKh don't allow hubby to be in OT. I didn't know that till when I was in the ward waiting to be transferred to OT. I had assumed that hub was allowed in! In any case, I had epi the first delivery so I kind of know what to expect. In fact, this deliver I was more aware and calm...For the fist one, I had 18hour labour and had bad shivering from the epi so while in OT I was very very uncomfortable thinking I should hv gone for GA instead. Everything was a daze. While for this delivery, they use spinal aneasthesia, which is apparently less strong than epi and I didn't have any side effect at all. I didn't feel uncomfortable while they injected it cos I wasn't having contractions pains (unlike the first time). So everything was quite easy. I could feel the cutting and pushing by the Dr but no pain at all.

If you choose TPS, you can only select A1 or B1, can't downgrade to anything lesser. I mean you have to go through the mean test and all, which makes it difficult to downgrade. But according to the business office, downgrading from A1 to B1 will not be that difficult as both as consider non-subsidized. Was asked to choose at about 20+ weeks but doesn't really matter. You can always tell them u will decide next visit if you can't make up your mind. And the deposit for C-section is about $2k payable by credit card.

Oh, for me, I think it's worth going through the LA instead of GA. As I mentioned since this round I was more "conscious", I was so emotional when they brought both babies out of the tummy that tears rolled. And best of all, I get to see them immediately. No side effects at all. And hubby was waiting outside OT once I was wheeled out. The nurses and Drs are very comforting while in OT. So no worries.

Phew! Hope I have answered all questions.
happy.gif

Oh yes wanted to add that for all 3 babies, under LA, it's good that u get to hear the babies first cries. But it was most satisfying when the babies were brought to you crying and they actually stopped crying after I talked to them...same for all 3 of them! Amazing isn't it?

tch,

I salute you!
happy.gif

But did the conversations between the gynae, nurses and anasthetician bother you? Was it very stressful hearing them update the progress of the op?

Alethea, oh no..not really. In fact, I was anxious to see the babies and was looking to their report of the progress...like "now I can see the hair", and "now I can see the little toes.." Dr Loh wasn't the one updating but Dr Yim, the aneasthetist was the one doing it. He was nice too. And during the stitching, which took a longer time, they were holding their own private conversation which was very amusing and funny as they were talking about why the younger doctors who studied in UK didn't come back with an accent..blah blah. Dr Loh say it's a waste of money to spend so much and not have an accent...lol

tch,
Congrats on your babies! Thanks for your detailed update...it really helps first-time mums like myself...wondering what it's going to be like in the Op T. It must be so nice to hear your babies first cries!

Hi tch

So as hubby was not in the op room with you, will they take pics/video of the babies when they are born, if you ask them to help u take it? Cos if hubby is in the room, usually he can be the one doing all these rite?

Thanks, tch, for the info.

So, even for squeamish pple like me, would u recommend C-section with epidural? I would very much like to be around when my BBs are delivered. It's really the least I could do, since I can't opt for normal vaginal birth. Will be delivering in MAH, wonder if they will allow hubby to enter.

Tch,
U r amazing, thanks a lot for sharing a wealth of information here for juniors like me.

Hi gals, i remember reading somewhere that hubby can be with us in kkh if we choose A1 class, is it true, I m gonna call kkh and check this out later.

Chloe, think some of the Jan mummies went. Not targeted at BB stuff, but think that 1 of them managed to get some booties and mittens.

All MTBs,
FYI. In case any of you are keen on buying any pregnancy books, AcmaMall.com is having a 25% discount on some book categories (one of them is pregnancy) in Sept. Just that sometimes their book classification is not very accurate (according to them, it's classified by the suppliers) so if they don't classify it as "pregnancy" category, it won't get the 25% discount. If not, it'll just have the normal 10% discount for members.

Jovia, I didn't asked about whether they will help take videos. I doubt so cos all of them have their tasks to do.

Best_twins, I was in A1 but hubby is not allowed. I am quite sure that KKH don't allow hub in regardless of Ward class.

Alethea, hmm..depending on how squeamish you are. But I think if you focus on seeing the babies, probably you wouldn't be focusing on the unnecessary then. Anyway, I think if it's anything unpleasant, the OT staff probably won't even mention about it. So no worries. And like I mentioned, they are offer quite good verbal comfort too..like keep asking me whether I am ok. Someone was holding my hand all the while when I was injected with the anaesthesia and someone was also beside me, talking to me while the C-section was being done. All conversations were light-hearted. Quite good distraction actually.

Oh, by the way, MAH probably will allow hubby into OT...so even lesser worries.

I think natural birth is probably more of an ordeal than C-section under LA.

chloe,
so far i went to kiddy palace, isetan, metro and baby's boutique to see things havent buy anything, hubby says he wants to wait for year end sales and also its the best time. MIL had agreed to buy in advance but only after 28th week. so today i went shopping not for baby but for myself
happy.gif

Choco,
thanks for the info, will check it out later.

tch,
haizzz...in that case I'll opt for GP c-section i think. Thanks for sharing!

<font color="0000ff">tch</font> Thanks again, u've been such a great help!
happy.gif

Mummies, do you feel your multiples kicking all the time? I dunno why, but I only feel movements on my right (have been like this all the while), but when shown on the U/S 2 weeks ago, both twins were doing fine. Gynae said my womb could be tilted to the right. COuld it be possible? Seems that all the movements are concentreated only on the right. Any of you have such similar experience? I tend to worry quite a bit, but bext scan (detailed scan) is 1.5 weeks away.
sad.gif

Mummies,
Did any of you try out the method of using your wedding ring and dangling on a strand of your hair to determine your babies' genders? I was wondering how accurate this was. Chloe, maybe you can try this to see if your 3rd baby is a girl...hee hee...

alethea,
During my fertility investigations doc said my womb is slightly retroverted but dont know towards right or left but after that when i changed hospital etc no one mentioned about it. For me I m only in my mid 15th week, i kinda feel some twitching and pulling at times, is that movement or kicking???

choco,
I came across this website, it discusses some of the pregnancy myths...check it out!

Twinsmom
Me feeling the same thing as u... occasional "twitching" switching from side-to-side. Don't really know to describe it! If I "imagine" really hard, can think of the BBs kicking. But do u reckon it's just muscle or ligament stretch?
Wonder how the real kick feels like?

Trips / Best_Twins, initially I felt flutters (around 14th-15th weeks), which sometimes, I dismissed as gas. But the movements became more distinct starting in my 17th week. Now am in my 20th week, and since the past 2 weeks or so, can see my skin moving up and down when the BBs move. And soemtimes, the knocks are really hard. But my concern is that all these movements seem concentrated on the right. My gynae said at my last visit that for some pple, the womb could be tilted to 1 side, so perhaps both are positioned close to the right. I hope that is so, cos' the left side's pretty quiet.

How about those mummies in the more advanced stage of their pregnancy? Maybe they could advise us better?

Alethea, don't worry about the movement. My twins were 1 up and 1 down all the time, however, I had only felt movements nearer the ribs but not at the bottom but at every scan the babies were both fine. Sometimes, the babies probably just kicking each other or kick towards the back so you won't feel it.

AltheaT, since the u/s shows that they are ok, dont worry too much k. My bbs are in separate sacs.. are urs in different sac too? I used to have this prob also and still do sometimes. I asked Dr how to monitor their kickings cos I always feel kickings on my right only. Dr did an u/s and smiled. My bbs were in "X" positions (which means one probably been using hands and the other using his legs to "kick"). Mine used to be one on lower left and one on upper right.. dr said bbs will moves around.. which explains why the "X" positions have recently been changed to "=" positions. Now, both lying across my tummy like a "hotdog".. so stretched. I can feel a lot of movement all over my tummy at the same time. By the way, I only started to feel their movements in my 22 wks.. mummy abit slow lah.. haha

Thanks, tch and Jlyn, for the assurance.
happy.gif
But still, can't help feeling paranoid. Think this is in all mothers.

Jlyn, mine are in separate sacs. I can feel movements on the bottom right, middle right and smetimes top right. I hope that it's becos the 2 are pile almost above each other, which prob explains it. Else, I really dunno of any other explanation, except to get worried. And my detailed scan in only taking place next Wed! That gynae of mine kept insisting that it's better to scan later (next week will be going onto my 22nd week) so can see more clearly. But she's prolonging my agony!!
sad.gif

Back