2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

trips,
ya loh, its kinda fluttering like alethea says. I can also imagine kicks or movements as its very ticklish
happy.gif

tch and jlyn, thanks the explanation is very useful, think will also help in coming weeks
happy.gif

alethea, dont worry dear, i think like the other sisters say the way we feel the kicks depends on the position of the babies. So be happy, next wed will be here in no time.

choco, oops! sorry forgot to post the website, here it is
http://www.womenfitness.net/preg_myths.htm

Hi TCH,

Thanks for the very informative decription of your delivery process.

Did you get to choose the anaesthetist for the epidural?

You mentioned that you chose B1, then later upgraded to A1, was this after your delivery, in the OT? Currently, nurses at TPS have been asking me to choose the Ward type and they were telling me about the A1 premier package and B1 class that is itemised charges. When you upgraded to A1, does it mean it will be package price or itemised charges?

Another question is does Dr Loh allow you to choose the date of delivery? or it depends on his schedule?

I read from other threads that you are trying very hard to breastfeed. In this case, have you started to mix with formula milk? Is it true that babies do not like breast milk once they have been introduced to formula milk?

Hi Verona,

No, I didn't get to choose the anaesthetistfor the epidural and..oops, I missed out the unpleasant part of the delivery..hehe..There was a very young anaesthetist and a very experienced one around. The young one introduced herself to me first and I was thinking"Oh my good, look is she experience?" She tried to do the injection for me twice but failed. Then, when SF Loh said babies have to be out by 1pm, the senior anaesthetist quickly took over. But don't worry, it wasn't very traumatic. Sorry, the bottom line is, no we don't get to choose the anaesthetist.

As for upgrading, my hubby did tell the nurses at the ward while I was still in the recovery. But think we eventually have to remind them again when I was sent back to the ward. Accordingly to the nurse at TPS, though A1 costs is indicated as Package, it is not exactly cheaper than itemised. It's just a package in the sense that they bundle up the itemised costs of the basic items.

Well, Dr Loh did say I can select any date that I want. However, the dates given by the Feng Shui Master was either too soon (36 wk) or too late (38wk). So in the end, he chose a date for me.

On the BF, for my case, it is not true. For my eldest son, I also didn't have enough milk. So I actually supplemented by letting him suckle or EBM and then give FM later. He had no problem taking to the breast even though he was bottle fed right from birth as he was in special care. As for the twins, I started off by nursing them then pump to stimulate the milk supply. They both had no problem latching on. The LC at KKH recommended to spoon feed them else they will reject the breast. However, after a few attempts, it was too messy and troublesome, especially when we had to go to hospital the first few days. So we gave FM in bottle. I have hardly let them latch on for the past fornight. However, they still have no problem latching on during the rare occassions that I put them to the breast. I will pump every 3-4 hourly and give them EBM in bottle. They don't reject the EBM at all.

Sad to say, I am still trying very hard to stimulate the supply. I only manage to pump between 40-70ml,depending on the time of the day. I suspect if it's a single baby and I let him nurse directly, the milk is probably enough. But for 2, I still have to supplement them with FM.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing great!

This thread is getting queit lately..........hmmm wonder where are the sisters?

tch,
I never know breast feeding can be this difficult, i thot anyone who gave birth can just like that breast feed....blur me!

Hope u can make it through this difficult task, all the best dear!

verona,
soon its your turn to pop up right? Good luck to u!

choco,
u r welcome! me starting to feel funny things happening in my tummy, sometimes it seems like wind but at times its like fluttering or like a frog jumping inside me...keke...

hi gals

i've not been logging in for a while.

So tired these days, i am beginning to suffer from an expanding tummy. Seems to be expanding so fast lately... like the skin going to tear!!! Been applying lots of stretch mark, hopefully can help a bit. Had flu last week, now although recovered, still got a lot of phlegm in my throat. Ever since got flu, appetite is very lousy... So sian!!! Upstairs having renovation, so noisy!! And still having heartburn at night... aiyoh, me only 19th week, still got a long long way to go. How???

Btw, anyone doing purchases on baby's clothes online? There seems to be a lot of threads doing bulk purchases in this forum. Anyone buying anything?

chloe,
soo sorry that u r not feeling well, looks like lots of things going on at the same time for u...dont worry time will run very fast.

U mean from the buying and selling boards? me checking it out for good stuffs so far i didnt come across anything nice.

hi twinsmom

i am refering to the online retail threads http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/450761.html?1158054089 and the bulk purchase threads http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449156/449156.html?1158054218

i think some of them offer quite good prices. For bulk purchase, some mummies will initiate the bulk purchase to buy from overseas retailers like gap, gymboree and jshopper. Becos they buy in bigger quantities, the shipping costs can be shared or sometimes even waived.

Chloe, there will be another Carters rompers BP up this Fri. Will let u know when the link is up. A lot of us, Jan mummies have been going ga-ga over the Carters stuff. Very cheap and cute!
happy.gif

Chloe,
thanks for the link, me very blur blur la...didnt even see that. Think its quiet a good idea. I m totally new to this stuff, so have to first check it out how does this work..do share with me if u know more abt this. I m also very lousy when it comes to baby stuff brand names, anything that looks good is good for me haha...so must get some advice from the sisters here...on purchasing such items.

Alethea, keep me also posted, would like to join in see how is it.

Chloe, there will be another Carters rompers BP up this Fri. Will let u know when the link is up. A lot of us, Jan mummies have been going ga-ga over the Carters stuff. Very cheap and cute!
happy.gif

hi alethea

really ah?? oh good good, btw, any idea where is the place for collection? heehee... sourcing around for cheap rompers for my 3 babies... Btw, can u teach me how to add a new payee for the DBS internet banking to make payment? Never done it before... last time it was very easy, but now seems like got to use handphones to get some temp key??

twinsmom, i learnt about the bulk purchase from the feb thread. i've been lurking around at the bulk purchase threads, also very new to this.
happy.gif
Today itchy handed, so placed an order for Jshopper stuff to try try.

Here are the websites where i find the baby clothes very pretty:
- http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp
- http://www.jshoppers.com/default.asp?clr=1&language=eg

As for carters, there are some local online retailers that are carrying carters product. The sisters will let us know the URL to browse the products when they initiate the bulk purchase.

Well, since we are getting BIG and BULKY to move around, online shopping is a good idea!

Good morning all, hope everyone is doing great today!

chloe,
I like v-baby clothes, the girls' dresses were sooooo cute, i wish i have at least one girl inside me. I mailed the sister to post me the pricelist, but dont think will order now cos want to wait for my next scan to see the gender. Thanks for the link.

Just a doubt, is the price really lower than in singpare? last week i saw new born rhompers in FIRST FEW YEARS, they have a pack of 7 for $54, is this considered exp?

Dear sisters,
I have been wondering, how many sets of new born clothes do we need for twins? should we buy more of 0-3 months size more or we can buy the 0-6 months straight away? please advice, i m soo confused!

hi twinsmom

i would say 7 for $54 (that's about $7.70 each) for rompers is quite affordable, but there are cheaper ones elsewhere. i bought 2 short sleeved rompers at Isentan Scotts sales last week, at $6 (so that's $3 per piece), quality is good for the price, but sometimes hard to come by... For v-baby, i've submitted my orders for a 4-pack rompers (short sleeved as well), at the price of USD 4.99 (so that's about SGD 2 per piece), excluding shipping and postage. This is the first time i am trying out bulk purchase. So far the prices for v-baby look ok to me. But there again, i will be able to make a better comparison after i've gotten the goods to see if the quality is good and whether the shipping (to be shared amongst the sisters) is worthwhile.

i'm buying a mixture of 0-3 mths and 0-6 mths. haha... i console myself that if they cannot wear the 0-6 months now, they can wear it later. i buy it now when it is cheap. haha... very ah Q hor? i'm stocking mostly those cheap and very simple shirts, no frills one, cos the babies will outgrow them very fast. But there again, still got to buy more cos high chance that with multiple babies, we can run into the risk of not having enough shirts for them to change!!!
happy.gif
Hard to estimate how many to buy i think...

chloe,
wow! S$2 per romper? really cheap leh, i also want to buy, will the price be the same even next month? do u think someone else will organise this again? Kan cheong ready liao!
happy.gif

aiyo...with multiples i think our shopping will never end keke...

hi twinsmom

Well, $2 excluding shipping and postage, not sure about quality though... if i am not wrong, there will always be pple putting up bulk purchases. So, no need to hurry if u are not ready.
happy.gif
i can let u know my feedback after i've collected my orders if u could wait.
happy.gif
Alternatively, u can just test water and buy a few small small items to get a flavor of it. Then when there are bulk purchases next round, u can buy in bigger quantities.

chloe,
K thanks, i think then i'll wait first....so exciting to shop! was waiting for this for almost 7 years liao!
happy.gif

hi twinsmom

wow, bulk purchase for childcare workshop? heehee... i think i will give it a miss, my mom and MIL are chinese helicopters.
happy.gif
As for myself, dun think will be able to make it by then, too big and heavy liao...

Hi Chloe, I wasn't able to see the prices of the BB appareal on v-baby. Where did u view the prices?

Another question - since you're carrying triplets, is there a hive of activity in your tummy? Do they all kick at the same time?

chloe,
haha...ya la i was waiting for a place to gather people. If u want madarin do pm the details wil come up with a list.
As for yourself, if u want to go after giving birth we can still organize one more at that time ok.

hi twinsmom

great, will let u know if i am interested after giving birth.

alethea, u can go to the thread for v-baby BP to request for the prices. The sister-in-charge will email u the spreadsheet. As for kickings, paisei, i really dunno is it just muscle twitches or really my babies kicking... haha... now tummy stretching, so really cannot differentiate wat is wat... When i went for the scan last week, saw them moving quite actively, but my tummy just cannot feel them. Maybe i got thick skin.
happy.gif

chloe,
I mailed the sister in that v-baby thread but she's not sent me the list yet. Do u have it? can u forward it to me? thanks

Alethea,
I have managed to get the workshop on weekend Sunday so if u r interested add ur self to the list, will submit for subsidy soon.

chloe,
thanks i hav received your mail.

soo boring, feel like going out to the beach or somewhere quiet, but too tired and hubby not around to accompany. aiya...my online life is also slowly becoming dull!

chloe, what do u do at home to keep yourself busy? All i m doing is surfing, sleeping, eating, and watching tv.

Hi Twinsmom
So envious of you... I also wish to stay at home soon but I guess the earliest that I can do so is probably early Oct. Getting really heavy now... can't sleep at nite cos can't find the right position.

Must tell myself to hang in there...

hi twinsmom

me like u lor, surf the web, sleep, eat and watch tv... boring but wat to do? i am not allowed to go out on my own... anyway, even if i go out, cannot walk for too long cos legs are weak. i get tired easily, so will try to sleep whenever i feel drowsy during the lazy afternoon. Slowly dear, we still got months to go. i am lurking around the bulk purchase threads to look for good lobangs. Hopefully time will move faster.
happy.gif

Hi gals!

So sorry for being MIA for so long!
Hey... Think u can seriously consider CARTERS clothes. My hubby just came back from US n he bought quite a few rompers from the factory outlet there. Quality really good! Really quite different from the ones u find locally.

The only problem is tt we dunno the sex of our babies yet... so he ended up buying all the diff colours! He says that we shouldn't stereotype our babies! Who says boys cannot wear pink? He claims his son will be "MAN" enuff to carry off the pink ones!!! Alamak!!! Really pity my BB if all turn out to be boys then gotta wear the PINK outfits! Think if all girls not so bad... cause girls wear blue no prob.

Sigh... That's what happens when u get an excited daddy!!! He actually bought a whole range from 0 up till 18ths!!!
happy.gif

Twinsmom , Chloe

Me also so bored with my sedentary life... suddenly cannot do all the things I used to enjoy! Especially shoppping! I find tt if I walk for more than 1 hour non-stop, I get shooting pains in my lower back. Even when I go baby shopping, have to rest for a bit between every hour! So nowadays I limit the time spent outside...

Do u gals experience backaches esp in the lower back? It's like in the weirdest places!!!
But I found a great way to ease those aches... I've recently started going to the pool downstairs to soak n stretch my muscles. I don't swim like in the past cause my hubby's worried the kicks are too vigorous so i dangle at the side of the pool and do light kicking n stretching. There's also a little jacuzzi which I soak in cause I find tt the bubbles are the best thing next to having a massage... Maybe u gals can try going for a dip in the pool?

Audrynzen

Does it get really bad trying to fall asleep? Poor thing... my fren told me she had to sleep sitting up in the last few weeks of her pregnancy!!!

Just wondering... have u tried using a body pillow? She actually recommended tt to me as it could support her especially when sleeping on her side. I went to aussino the other day n saw it on sale... now at $19.90. So I decided to get it to try out... so far so good!

hi trips

haha... same as ur hubby, i also bought some rompers that are red and pink in colors. If the mystery baby turns out to be a boy, then i'll have 3 boys, and they've got to wear some clothes that are red/pink in colors. Personally, i feel that it is ok, they will not remember anyway, and these are such sweet colors, i really cannot resist the temptations.
happy.gif

Btw, just to caution u, triplet pregnancy is different from singleton. u will notice that the time span for walking will shorten as u go along, now is one hour, and it will reduce even more and faster than most preggies. i cannot walk for more than half an hour without resting, i will feel tired, breathless and legs become very wobbly. As for swimming, glad that u are not doing any swimming becos exercise is not advisable for triplet mommy. Do avoid the jacuzzi if u can, cos it promotes blood circulation and too much of it is no good for preggies. Same goes for massage chairs and those reflexology gadgets, no-no for preggies. Got to rest as much as possible. My dr has warned me, no unnecessary shopping and got to sit more.

oh yes, trips, forgot to add. Mr dr also advised me to stop work once i reach 20th week. i very kiasu, started no-pay leave ever since confirmed pregnant with triplets. How many weeks are u now? u may have to check with ur dr whether it is necessary for u to stop work early, say around 20th week.

Chloe

Oh no! Hope my past few trips to the jacuzzi has not done my BBs any harm!!! As for the swimming, dunno lei... my doc actually said light swimming ok. Think I'll check with him again when I see him next!

As for work, he has not said anything about me stopping. My doc actually doesn't seem overly concerned about me continuing to work. I'm into the 16th week now... hoping to be able to work till my 24th week at least. Dunno if possible?

Think it all depends on how big I'll be... have u measured ur tummy? U should be about 4 weeks ahead of me rite?

hi trips

Dun worry, just be careful and dun over-exert urself. For preggies like us, got to remind ourselves that we are carrying multiples, so got to be extra careful, not necessary that things which singleton mommies can do will apply to us. Good to check with ur dr next time when u see him on wat u can and cannot do. And u are right that sometimes it depends on individual conditions. So, ur dr should be able to give the best advice.
happy.gif
i am now in my 19th week. Tummy is big, but i din measure.
happy.gif

Hi everyone, tell you something funny, I just requested for a free sample of Enfa Mama milk powder. After completing the form online, they showed a message thanking me for my interest and said that the sample will reach me in 8 - 12 week' time! Haha, lucky I'm only in my 2nd trimester...if in 3rd trimester, will prob be receiving the sample after the babies are born...
Thought it was quite funny....
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff0000">Mo</font><font color="0000ff">rn</font><font color="ff6000">ing</font><font color="119911">g!</font>
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Chloe</font>, I've PMed you my email addy already
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Trips</font>, same here. Went to the states 1 year back and even b4 I got preggy, hubby and I went crazy at the factory outlets and bought US$400 worth of BB apparel! Couldn't help it, all so cute and cheap! Carters, Baby Gap, Old Navy, OshKOsh! But all neutral colours *heehee*
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Best-Twins</font>, u popping soon, that's why u're resting at home? Normally, when should we stop work? My gynae was telling me that by the 7th month, I may need to do so, but am in my 21st week now, still feeling very energetic, definitely more so than 1st trimester.

Mummies, what are the shapes of your tummies? Mine isn't high, in fact, quite low and pointy. Wonder if those who are carry multiples have tummies shaped like mine. My colleagues have commented that mine looks different from most preggy mommies', but of course, they dunno it's twins yet!

trips,
haha...u hubby soooo cute! But like u said, they are all excited and dont know where to stop.

Thanks for the tips for backpain, mine was also very bad for the past 3 or 4 days (like muscle cramp) but now much better.

Trips and chloe,
I dont know why baby boys or even boys cannot wear pink and red, for me i m gonna let my boy wear all kinds of colours as long as they dont know the stereotyping they are fine
happy.gif

chloe,
u mean sitting down for long is good? Hehe...i have sitting a lot everyday. I was soo worried is it good or bad thanks now i can sit and surf happily
happy.gif

Audry,
Staying at home can be very boring leh, ya but if u r tired then u will definitely feel like resting more. soon, very soon october will be here and u can rest ok...take care honey!

choco,
icic! no wonder i still didnt receive my samples!Haha...Well, anyway i m able to drink anmum now but only once a day (two spoonfuls). Hope can increase soon.

alethea,
me not popping any soon la....now only 16w2days keke...but very kiasu quit my job once i found out pregnant with multiples cos my job can be very stressful at times. my doc has adviced me that i'll have to start resting probably from 24th week but during my last appointment just before i left the room he said, do rest more from now (dont know what does that mean? so i m just being normal). I have heard that some twin mtbs dont have to go on rest at all and can make it thru out well. May be u r like that, good luck
happy.gif

my tummy is big from rite below my breast and all the way...sometimes i feel like i look like a frog standing keke...

all mtbs,
can we add our number of weeks and days after each post from now on so that at one glance we will know who's at what stage (just a suggestion)

twinsmom
16w2days

Twinsmom, but I read somewhere that it's no good to sit for long. Got possibility of DVT. For me case, once I sit for long in the office, when I stand up and walk, I can feel numbness in this vein that extends from my left buttocks down to my thighs. It's so bad that I've to hobble and wait for 5 mins, before the numbness/cramp subsides. Dunno what it is, but checked with another mummy in the Jan thread, and she said that she's also experienced that. Whatever it is, it's not v. good to sit for a long stretch.

Alethea,
Yes, i do have that problem whenever i sit for too long, so i tend to walk around a bit drink something and sit again. I dont know if back pain is caused due to prolonged sitting??? May be must ask gynae during my next appointment, i think all he will say is "then dont sit for too long" keke...

twinsmom
16w2days

hi alethea

u've got mail!
happy.gif

twinsmom, it is ok to walk a bit after sitting for while. Agree that if we sit too long in the same position, will definitely get backache. So, good to change position or walk a little after sitting for a while. Wat my dr meant by sit more, is to avoid unnecessary prolong walking, and once we feel tired, it is time to look for a place to sit. erh... did i confuse u gals??

chloe
19w4days

Thanks, Chloe, received your spreadsheet aldy!
happy.gif

Do u know if there's a cut-off date. Was hoping and hoping that I could confirm on all the sprees only after my detailed scan next Wed. M also interested in the Combi stroller spree. At the same time, there's OG BB fair going on, also dunno if I should get the Combi stroller+high chair from there. Dilemma, dilemma....

chloe,
okie, i got wat u meant, hehe...thot good to sit for long
happy.gif
silly me la.

me too cant walk more than 20 or 30 min, will feel like wanna sit already, wonder how am i going to do any shopping??? so far havent buy a single thing or not moved my study room.

all girls,
Do u know where can i get big wall stickers like animals, flowers etc? want to use them to decorate the baby room, initially thot ill do it myself but now think no energy liao!

on back aches, try to do some pelvic tilts before you sleep, it really helps to ease the pain a bit.

My stomach was so heavy that my nerve behind my left tigh was perpertually numb, especially when i sit, during the last few weeks.

hi alethea

i'm not sure when the BP for v-baby will close, but seems like they are short of USD50 as of now. i think the target is to reach USD200 to close. i saw the stroller spree too, but i wonder whether it includes those twins stroller... i think i will just look see look see first...

twinsmom, maybe can get those stickers from DIY shops??

Chloe,
whats DIY sorry i have not come across that
happy.gif

I thot u already bought a twin stroller from baby kingdom??? cost abt $180 or something? or is it someone else? I was actually planning to buy that, but havent seen it yet.

tch,
thanks will try that
happy.gif

hi twinsmom

Yes, it was me, i saw the twin stroller at baby kingdom previously, but din buy at that time.
happy.gif
The one i saw was made in Korea, i think the brand is mamalove. Those DIY (Do It Yourself) shops like Home Fix should have those stickers. These shops sell fixtures like taps, pipes, door knobs, etc. Not difficult to find, most shopping centres got DIY shops. i remember there's one at IKEA building, next to Burger King.

chloe,
icic! thanks will check that shop when i go to ikea, i saw some nice wall stickers in some US shops very nice and ex liao. Will see if anyone wants to do spree for that haha..if not will just order one for myself.
I also saw one twin pram in baby's boutique its about 180 also the brand is lucky baby i think, its front and back but i like the ones that are side by side cos the baby sitting behind wont feel trapped or feel bored.

Back