(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

yay! my bb is back from the hospital!
happy.gif
jaundice level down to 93. thank God!

kimi,
totally agree wif u that hubbies dont understand the stress. my first nite at home, and i pump at nite twice.. very happy each session got nearly 20ml. in the morning, i proudly showed him.. and he was like.. "har? so little?". for that, i gave him a very hard smack on the arm. ppl at nite haf to wake up to pump, so tiring n all and he can say such a thing!
anyway now i realize how precious bm is lor.. i knew its precious but now only realized the extend of how very very precious.. every drop counts... i will usually kok kok the funnel here n there to try to combine tiny droplets to make a drop so that it will flow inside the funnel.

cf chang,
oh my! maggots? really jialat lei.. any way to tell her that tis is really unacceptable? u very poor thing lei...

Kimi,
I feel the same... when nite falls, I start to scare liao, but until 6am onwards, I'm relieved....

Chang,
Nite time is very crucial, tat's y during the 3rd day when I'm supposed to discharge, but bb cannot, I extended my stay with her so that I won't missed the nite feed, as milk haven't really comes in yet, hence no point pumping at home. On the 4th day, I'm discharged but my milk comes in already, so I woke up every 3 - 3.5hr to pump my milk.

Relax, dun get too stressed up, jus tong lor, no choice lor, when we r doing confinement, we r very vulnerable.....

Ladies who r bfing,
Remember to pump in the morning if ur bb didn't clear ur breast enough, cos morning sure got alots of milk one.

MBB,
Hahaha, bobian ah, so hot and humid.... can't be bother too much, plus so many "encouragement" here...hahaha....

Starluster,
Pumping suction too strong will also cause sore nipples, just reduce ur pumping suction abit n c if that will ease ur pain abit.

Geri,
My gal also sleeps alot in the day, I will wake her up for feed, cos I also dun want her to sleep too much in the day n nite time eyes big big, so I will just wake her up abt 3-4 hrly.

Doggiebb, MBB,
Reyna fair meh? My mother says she look like malay gal... so tanned.... dunno issit that few days I sun her too much....

Shihui,
Can I booked ur boy or not? He's so handsome and got double eyelid....Jackie one MBB booked liao...hahaha...

Starluster,
Hahaha, I also will kok kok here n there to accumulate every single drop, then my hb was like....y bothers...hahaha....

Anyone know if Robinson is having sales or any idea where to get Avent Manual pump? I need to get another one, cos mine cracked already and also leak at the neck while pumping...

Hi mummies, I m from the Jan thread, but I may be induced in end Dec.

Ya, there is 20% disc storewide for ocbc n robinsons card holders at Robinsons n John Little today and 15 % disc storewide from tmr till 24 Dec for public.

CF Chang,

Erh, my supply not alot leh.. record is 300 ONLY because I didn't pump for 7-8 hours
sad.gif

Else, normal only 120-180 per 3-4 hrs only.

Barely enough for my boy..
sad.gif
I also a bit stress at times.

But yup, every morning got the most most milk. But sometimes I also think it's because I sleep thru the whole nite. The most is wake up once in the nite only.

CF Chang,

My boy got small little pimpls on his face, I dunno why, at 1st thot it's leaking milk but clean liao still hv leh...

Vanessa, MBB, Shihui,
All yr princess and prince look so cute and chubby....My ah boi hor dont have the chubby cheek de....Hopeful with BM & FM can pump him up with chubby cheek
biggrin.gif

Serene,
So shiok hor, confinement over liao....I just ren another week than can shower every day
bounce.gif

Kimi,
Super envy u ah....Can wear all pre-preggie clothings.....I shall try squeezing into my old jean ltr....Keeping my finger cross
happy.gif

CF,
Dont feel gulity abt insufficient BM...My ah boi hor from day 1 is on BM & FM...My supply is never sufficient for him
sad.gif
....Somehow i already get use to the idea liao. Console myself that some BM is better than nothing right
happy.gif
....As for MIL hor close 2 eye....Wait for hubby to be back lor. What to do...REN...

Starluster, Vanessa,
I also will kok kok all the funnels to make sure every drop goes into the bottle. BM is precious like GOLD
happy.gif

Vanessa,
Medela electric pump suction is much stronger than manual pump right??? Hope that with the electrical pump hor can pump out BM faster...The avent manual pump i am using cant even squeeze out a single drop....End up alway use hand expression (dont noe right or wrong method)....

doggiebb, starluster, kimi
I also cry during 1st week of confinement when BB is admitted to hospital for Jaundice...Than 2nd week cry cause feel hubby dont care abt BB n me...Now that i think back hor, feel that i am rather silly lor. But at that pt of time just so
sad.gif
and cry lor...Lucky we have this forum and support of all mummies...Otherwise how to 'tong' the confinement and stress of BF, etc....Hubby will never understand de...

hihi,
brought bb to NUH children emergency today to do the blood test today.. bb's jundice lvl increased fr 235 to 263.. got to be admitted for phototherapy.. din choose to room in with bb coz too ex liao..
sad.gif
bb got to stay in A class coz if stay in B1/B2, they won't be bothered to cupfeed/ syringe feed bb.. den i oso worried tt with the no. of bb in B1/B2 nursery, my bm may be mixed up with others.. or who noes, not even utilised.. :p bb got to settle with fm for the time being.. meanwhile, me expressing milk every 2hr interval.. got to deliver milk to NUH tonight so tt bb will hav his bm for the night..
happy.gif

missed out so much on the forum.. saw the pics of many bbs... so cute..
happy.gif
mine seems cute on the first two days.. but aft tt, he started having pimples on his face... n jaundice oso set in.. so not cute liao.... :p

Qianhui,
thanks alot for taking over the updating..
happy.gif
pls update for me.. bb's name is Fong Pin Heng..
happy.gif
sounds like "heng heng" (lucky) lidat.. but is acutally in hanyu pinyin.. Pin3 Heng2..
happy.gif
the children emergency's doc was still joking with me tt bb's name sound very "balanced", pin2 heng2.. :p

starluster,
bb onli average size.. not really pang pang leh.. looks so skinny when i remove the receiving blanket.. :p me lucky tt labour so fast.. else i think i will go for epidural liao.. :p i oso managed to express very little milk.. slightly more than 20ml onli.. hopefully supply will increase soon..
happy.gif
bm is really verrrrry precious.. me too.. kok kok here n there to gather as many drops as possible... :p

doggiebb,
ya lor.. become crying bb recently.. juz keep crying lor.. den hubby console oso no use.. den poor hubby.. anything he do can make me cry too... think he can't tahan soon... :p my bottom very sore now too.. esp aft coming back home.. hubby said i moved too much liao.. :p now sitting on float.. :p

kimi,
ya lor.. when pd asked me to go back for blood test, the first thing i think of is how to schedule bb's feed so tt he won't need to feed outside.. den panick when i realised i will need to feed at least once outside..
sad.gif
den tried expressing.. but nothing came out.. den i juz sit there n cry... :p but luckily, there's nursing room in NUH children's emergency!!
happy.gif
the nurse there very nice.. they noe tt i doing TBF n offered me an empty consultation room to bf bb there... so touched..
happy.gif

Chang,
take care.. somehow our hormones seems more havoc aft giving birth.. esp anything tt concern bb... try not to be bothered by ur MIL n juz concentrate on ur boy..
happy.gif
my boy oso had pimples like thingy... his one is very bad.. he had them on his whole back, elbow, body n face.. i even discovered some on his genital area...
sad.gif
but pd told me tt it's normal for newborn.. the "pimples" shd go away within a few days...

Vanessa,
haha.. u sure anot.. :p if bb inherit his papa's bad temper, den ur gal will hav to suffer liao.. :p n u sure ur gal won't mind younger boy?? heeee~ :p

ask u hor.. if i expressing out, do i express every 2 or 3 hours? :p

Ladies,
I try squeezing into my old jean just now....Manage to pull up but cannt zipppp
sad.gif
..... Thigh, hip and waist line expanded.....Have to exercise and continue BF inorder to regain pre-preggie figure...Sigh...Have to continue wearing Maternity pant liao...So sian..

Shihui,
If u want to relax abit, then pump every 3-3.5 hrs lor, but if u really want to stimulate more milk to come in n ur nipple can take the "hardship", then pumpm 2 hrly.... utimately, it's wat u can take.... but try to rest well while bb in hospital, cos I feel tat it's the best time to rest n milk supply usually will build up during these days.

Ladies,
Anyone of u bought Avent manual pump and not using it or rather, thinking of changing pump? I would like to get a second hand one leh.... Let me know k?

Jackie,
Haha, don't worry, that's what happen to me initially, now I don't bother to try any pre-preggies clothing until I'm ready....hahaha... I've only lost 8kg, so still got a long way to go....
sad.gif

hihi.. expressing bm now while typing away... :p

Vanessa,
ya lor... really feel more relax with bb at hosp... hai~ i feel so bad to feel this way... :p but it's really a breather aft so many bf days...
happy.gif

expressed milk 3 hourly juz now.. wah.. the 2nd expression is double of the 1st... i was amazed... think milk supply coming liao.. can feel tt breast very tender juz now.. n got small lumps... massage onli milk will drip.. den while expressing one side, the other side leaks... was so "seven hands eight legs" juz now... :p but nipple abit cannot take it aft 1/2 hour of expressing.. :p

Shihui,
I'm also feeding bb now while typing...
Try to air dry ur nipple aft pumping....enjoy while u can n hopefully u had rested enough when ur bb comes home. usually it takes 2 days to bring the jaundice down.

Hi to all the mommies out there.

Have been reading this thread regularly but didn't do any posting.

I delivered my baby girl on 13 Dec. Natural w/epi. Very impressed with those go for natural w/o epi. The pain is simply unbearable for me.

I'm struggling with baby latching and the nipples are PAINFUL! So encouraging to see so many out here continuing with BF despite the pain.

I'm also struggling with piles and pain in the perineal area. The pain is only on the right side of the stitches and started only yesterday. Not sure if i hv bn walking and sitting too much the past 2 days. Try to lie down as much as possible today. Was given cream and to do the salt sit bath twice daily. Any suggestion to reduce piles and pain?

DiVeera,
Welcome!!

Make sure u r latching ur bb properly and correctly to prevent sore nipples. Apply BM to ur sore nipples and air dry it as much as possible, soon the pain will go off soon.

For me, I'm given a solution to wash the perineal area after every toilet visit. Hence I will need to wash and dry that area after every toilet visit and apply the solution. I delivered on the 6th and I'm painless now...
happy.gif
As for the piles, I can't help. I was given a cream for the pile when I had my 2nd birth, it works for me, but this time round dun have, cos my gynae push the piles back in for me.

Vanessa,
air drying myself in front of comp now.. heee~ :p juz finished another pumping session.. got to pump again at 9pm.. den will deliver to nursery later... hope bb will still like my milk aft tasting fm...
happy.gif

DiVeera,
welcome!! ur gal share the same bdae as my boy leh..
happy.gif

me too.. struggling with latching my boy.. i think my technique not gd too.. coz can feel pain when boy suckling... but kept telling myself tt bm is gd for bb.. so muz persist..
happy.gif

my perineal area oso onli starts giving me pain yesterday.. b4 tt was alright... most prob it's bcoz tt i hav been walking n sitting too much like u too.. now got to sit on float.. else painful.. den aft go toilet, wah.. the pain quite bad too... got to walk slowly with leg slightly apart.. like waddling lidat.. :p i was onli given painkiller... no cream or salt bath for the wound.. was juz told to wash with water after every toilet trip...

JLim,
juz rem the klorane shampoo thingy.. i used the spray one liao.. works well with me leh.. i juz spray, leave on for few minutes.. massage my scalp, den comb thru... scalp dun feel itchy n hair not oily...
happy.gif

hi all,
I was just telling u all that i hv brown stain on Fri morni then no more liao after that.
This morning wakeup 730am to pee when return back to bed got a drip down feeling from there. Then i thot siao liao... Water bag want to burst liao fast run to toilet WOW saw red blood clot leh. Just happen my hb came to look for me then i told him saw bld clot.
I told him i want to call KKH labour ward to ask. After asking, the nurse say as long as little is ok, bb still actively moving is ok. As long as waterbag dun burst or bld flow dun come in alot can stay at home monitor else can go down KKH. But i ask if not ready isit will ask me go home.. She say YES. So i say i stay at home monitor. Today slept thruout the day manz. Faster enjoy sleeping day w/o bb crying 1st. hehe pig mommy hor me.

Until at nite 7pm liao i called KKH again cos thinking whehter Am i taking the bleeding too lightly although just a few drip on pad & when clean got blood thick clot also. But nurse still say is ok one as long as no contraction pain. So ok lor. I now still at home wait lor. Got pain coming in but is poo poo pain. today aldy poo-ed 4-5times liao.

Dora,LiL, DecBB & choo...
where are u all? have u all popped aldy???

BTW,
thanks Vanessa & Shihui telling me contraction pain & whatever info i ask u all thru SMS. Realli helped me alot & calmed me down also lar. hehe

My turn will be soon. Wish me good luck ya.. Soooo scare dunno i can go thru the pain anot if i am so lucky to be halfway dilate like Shihui .. & i scare i realli pain until realli go bang myself to the bed also. i think must prepare towel to let me bite when the pain comes in.

Thanks Vanessa will call gynae to check if she can give me any solution. I do have the pain killer but do not wish to take unless it is really necessary lor. The piles is not as painful as the perineal.

The perineal is so painful that I can't sit for long. So when BF, the nipple pain and the perineal also pain. I try the laying on the bed method just now. My gal doesn't know how to latch, i also donno how to correct her so end up with super sore nipple.

Shihui, please try to lie down on your side as often and as long as you can. Don't let the pain get worst like mine. Now regret not listening to my mum and CL to lie down more.

So nice to found a friend who is born on the same day as my gal. My gynae extremely busy on 13 Dec cos got 3 patients incl me in labour. She expects me to deliver abt 4 to 5pm and end up I'm the first to deliver at 11.58am. Closely followed by the other 2 paitents.

Shihui,
Your boi boi so handsome leh...double eyelids so deep!

Doggiebb,
I also very emotional the first week after birth..cried almost everyday ...baby cried i cried too..I tot i kanna PNS...but should get better by the second week once everything settles in...

Vanessa,
Dunno if I am too late on this..Robinson is having a 15% storewide sale and additional 5% for cardmembers over the weekends...i sneaked out with hubby yesterday to buy some baby stuff..not sure if the sale is still on...

CF,Jackie,
I am also having the same prob..always gotta supplement with FM after latching on..like this morning, after latching on for 1 hr, still not enough...can still drink 60-70ml of FM...I also get used to the idea liao..dun hv to feel guilty as long as we try our best to feed them with some BM...

Diveera, Shihui,
For perineal to heal faster, try not to walk too much..that time i also never listen, kept walking around during my first week..the pain is almost unbearable lor..

Jen,
Have a smooth delivery! Hope to see your baby pic soon!

sob sob sob...

its 2.23am now and baby's first nite home and i'm holding back tears. hubby fast asleep n i no heart to disturb him coz he was feverish plus he got to work tomorrow...but wow.. he is good, can sleep thru bb's cry.

the whole afternoon/evening, when bb is home, she sleeps so soundly.. have to wake her up for feeds and she suckle like 5 - 10mins only.. at 9pm, i woke her up for her feed, and she was in a feeding frenzy... keep suckling n pooing (Qianhui, now i understand the eat n poo situation that u went thru.. hehe). She suck then fall asleep.. stroke tease her, still sleep. Remove nipple from her, put her down and her mouth start sucking motion and then start crying. So put her back to breast to suck again, and then whole cycle repeat again.. until 12pm. Then eyes open big big. Whole afternoon she slept so soundly! think she got day n nite mixed up liao. Since she wasnt crying already, i off all light n zzz.. then at 12.30 she started crying. feed her for like 5mins, then she dozed off. try to wake her for more feed.. too soundly asleep. then the whole thing repeated itself again at 1.10am and another at 1.48am. Each time feed only like 8mins. why is this happening?? i guess i can join the nitetime stress club.

I thought my bb very guai, coz in the hospital, nurse bring her to feed... then i feed, she fall asleep, call for nurse to bring her back to nursery... then 2 or 3 hours later she is back for feed.. still not too bad rite? now its like every 30mins or so! aiyohh....how to sleep like that?

and to top it up, my nipples are HURTING like CRAZY! but at least read that some of u facing wat i am facing so feel more comforted. let's persevere together
happy.gif

vanessa, i see the latching on looks alrite.. lips pursed, tummy to tummy, no smacking sound... wat else to look out for?

jen, oooh... think ur turn is coming! all the best! no nid to prepare towel to bite, just use hubby's arm can liao.. heheh.

shihui, baby ward oso got separate class? thanks for the klorane feedback, think i will go get one too. Told my mum i wanna wash hair this morning n she say better not, and how come i didnt buy the dry shampoo.. Hmm, i didnt know she knows abt such things. anyway then i zhuzhoi, then she boiled extra water for me to bathe + wash hair. then i feel bad lor.. so told her.. okaylah, no washing hair. tot can use that as excuse to go shopping abit. i very siao one la.. want to go out, yet walking is still quite a problem for me too.

eh.. how u two multitask bf / pumpin and typing? teach me the skill lei. type with one hand isit? me now drinkin milo n eating biscuit n typin.. been having hunger pangs at nite nowadays.. but with baby... 4 hands oso not enough!

oohhh sheesh... bb up again!

doggiebb, be strong ok! its very common for bb to have jaundice. my kathleen actually kena photo light 3 times before she was discharged. Don't feel heart pain ok? Else bb can sense it when mommy is upset...

btw mommies, how much are ur bbs drinking? Mine is still drinking 50ml (alternating between latching on and bottle feeding which makes it less than 400ml per day) and I suspect its the lowest amt here... hubby want to force her to increase her feed but i don't want cos she is still so small... ur CL quite good leh..actually bothers with such 'small' things like getting mittens/booties sizes...

Serene, another ice cream eater.ehee! I have not have the time to sneak out to eat ice cream! :p

Shihui, so u kept the placenta? U should start developing thick skin and learn how to bf in public liao :p

starluster, my bb also latches on incorrectly sometimes..these few days she even start licking me like ice cream instead of latching on! Sky ah! New tricks everyday! She also dozes off easily after sucking for a while..that was why I alternate EBM with BM cos she obviously did not take in enough with 100% latch on cos she sleeps alot in between (can sleep for > 3 hrs after 10 min sucking) I think extreme pumping can cause sore nipples (thats what KKH breast center diagnosed me though I did not latch on initially). Not sure what is kathleen's wgt now.. polyclinic gave it as 2.3kg last week but it was with alot of clothes so her actual wgt is less than that.... sometimes wish I can cry it out like u gals..hubby keep making insensitive remarks like my left breast is useless (cos low ss), low quality milk that taste bad etc and I cannot even cry and make him stun
sad.gif

MBB, kind of hard to bring kathleen along.. i was thinking abt that too...very scary..when get bbsitter thru agency we must sign contract..how to sign contract when the main factor is a fussy bb?

kimi, mandy good leh... super hungry still don't cry out loud... i also feel super kor lian for myself when evening comes cos i know it will be another few hours of darkness which i have to latch and pump even though i feel so much like sleeping and everyone else is enjoying their beauty sleep....

cf, yes not pumping at night will affect the ss ....maggots!!! goodness! ur mil left a dead animal in ur kitchen har?

Vanessa, u really abuse ur pump leh... hehehehhe... my sis might want to sell hers... cos she gave up liao (super low ss of 20ml after 1 month cos she is too stress..) but she lives in Yishun... just pm u re this...

Qianhui, my record is only about 110 ml leh after 6 hours of not pumping..then recently duno why the ss drop liao..cham....

Jackie, u super kor lian leh...hand express thruout????

diVeera welcome!

Jen, be careful and take care..

hihi.. juz finished another round of pumping session.. brought the pumped milk to bb last night.. aiyo.. nurse telling me tt bb is drinking 60-70ml of fm milk now.. me per pump onli 50... the milk i bought down is onli enough for 2 feeds... win liao lor....
sad.gif
now desperate liao.. hope to pump more to meet bb's demand... else when bb return, i can't meet demand will panick ah.. :p

starluster,
dun be sad lah.. me oso facing bf problems... sometimes bb oso suck 10min fall asleep.. den aft 1/2 hour, wake up n wants to suck again... sian..

ya lor.. bb's nursery oso got class diff one.. in A ward, they actually gives more attention.. willing syringe feed bb if i demand.. but for B1, the nurses there won't entertain such request.. but their class system very cannot make it lor.. there's onli 2 nurseries in NUH.. one for A1, another for B1/B2/C class... den hor, they still dare to charge diff rates for B1/B2/C class although the babies r in same room.. hai~~ :p

back to rest now.. later still got to wake up at 6.30am to pump again...
sad.gif

seems like i'm the onli cow milking away in the middle of the night.. heee~ :p so tired now... got to get ready myself to go hosp liao.. tata... come back in the afternoon if i hav time n not milking.. heee~
happy.gif

Jen,
take care... hope it's really the sign n wish to hear ur story soon..
happy.gif
btw, i think the raspberry leaf tea does help.. i hav been diligently drinking it since the last mth... :p

Hi Mummies,

Diveera Welcome
happy.gif

Jen,
If you pop soon, wish you have a smooth and fast delivery.

Vanessa,
Realised there is a drop in my breast milk. Don't know is it because i feel stressed over bb's jaundice and she not drinking as often or long to flush out jaundice. How ????

i hv the same problem w my gal.... she always doze off during her feed. Max is 15 mins sometimes only 5 mins. I think she sleep too much yesterday during the day. Wake up every 1+ hr and wanna to latch. I suspect she latch for comfort because she is sucking the nipple with her eyes closed. But when u pull out the nipple she cry, when try to get her to latch properly, she will slide to just sucking the nipple. My hubby also sleep through the night with her crying. He is just too tired lor.

Today must make sure she doesn't sleep too much during the day and have to be persistant to remove and re-latch if she nipple sucks. But hor she fights alot whenever I does that.

Starting my massage at 10am. The Malay lady i engaged can tell me she is fully booked till end of Dec. So angry. I persist and she recommend her friend to do for me. Donno good or not... will have to wait and see lah

Hey mummies,

Don't be too worried about your bb not drinking enough. For as long as you latch them whenever they need that will be good. Your supply will come in no time and you will be too busy pumping out the excess else you will have engorgement just like me. I have too much milk and each day I have to pour away at least 3 - 4 bottles of 100ml milk. So just relax and pump after each latch to stimulate the breast to produce more milk that will be good enough. Getting up at night to do the "cowing" also help. So, keep trying n never give up yah...
happy.gif

vanessa

thanks very much for sharing your hospital bill!
happy.gif
really cheap leh!
happy.gif
also for the milk bag like lanisoh,where can i get it? thanks so much for advising!

my bb too comfy inside liao...sigh..tomorrow seeing gynae see wat she suggest..really hope he will pop out naturally leh..
sad.gif
me so tired of waiting....

tis morning ard 3plus..felt bad cramps at abdomen..come n go type...wow tot in action soon!! can't sleep...went up go toilet..then went sofa to monitor...then later on not much cramps liao leh....aiyoh...

Morning ladies

Giraffe reporting... I'M STILL HERE!!!!
sad.gif
sad.gif

Had some false alarm over the weekend, like some lower abdomen cramps.... on and off.. tot going to action liao, but then after tat no more liao
sad.gif
so sad... haiyo...

Choo you're still here ah??

Jen, wow so excited for you....really sounds like action this time.... all the best to you!!
happy.gif

Choo,

You can get the milk bag from Mothercare. They do carry. Alternatively, you can some other brands of milk bag to store the bm too. Avent do have quite cheap milk bag available.

jen,

hope u in labour!!
happy.gif

Dora...

sigh...me still here..really tired of waiting...tot tis wee morning pain was real contraction..bt now only experience constant cramp at lower abdomen ....gynae said wont let me pass by 41st week...aiyo!! why my bb so cosy inside!!

Choo

Yah lor yah lor.. I also had lower abdomen cramps, but other than that, NOTHING!!! But at least you're going to see your baby soon, induced or otherwise... my EDD is only next week leh... now every night also got problem sleeping, cos bb doing break dance inside... haiyo, I'm going crazy soon
sad.gif

past weekend was terrible. my bb had a retainer put in on fri. to hear her bawl when it was put in just broke my heart. she was trying to grab onto my blouse all throughout, but i cannot even hold her close, cos this is supposedly good for her. i was crying n crying when orthodontist tried explaining how to clean the retainer after every feed. n when we got back, i couldn't bring myself to put her through the same procedure after every feed. told hubby to do it for the first day. so heartbreaking to see her in so much discomfort after a feed. on fri n sat, she will scream n cry for 3 hours after we change the retainer. things only improved yesterday, but we found her bleeding in her mouth. dunno whether it's bcos we r so chor lor when cleaning her mouth or whether her retainer is rubbing against her skin or she is growing oral thrush, so rushed her to kkh a&e. but the docs there also dunno what's wrong, told us to bring her to the orthodontist or a paed. sigh. it's only been 3 days, n she's already putting her fingers into her mouth to try n remove the retainer. she's also grabbing my fingers when i am washing her mouth.

i really cannot stand some singaporeans. when my bb came out of a&e, it was her feeding time so she started crying for milk. she has a really loud cry, n this auntie quickly brought her grandson to come over to watch my bb cry. kept telling the grandson, baby is crying, baby is crying, do u see baby crying? siao cha bor.

bloom,
dunno whether this info came too late, but the funnel size is printed on the wide part of the funnel. sizes r 24mm, 27mm n 30mm. i'm using 27mm. the 24mm that hospital provided made me feel like my nipple is being pulled off.

catherine,
my bb is getting treated in kkh now. the cleft centre for sg is in kkh, n it's the only 1-stop place in sg i think. bb needs at least 5 teams of specialists to correct the cleft, that's too much work to coordinate myself. there r only abt 5 plastic surgeons with experience with cleft babies in sg, 2 of whom r in kkh. the kkh team intervenes earliest, hence we chose them. the plastic surgeon who is handling my bb was mary rauff's student.

jen, sounds like ur turn is coming soon. ur giraffe days r finally ending!

shihui,
if u r bored, can always sms me. i'm always awake in the middle of the night. once bb whimpers, i will wake up liao, cos i dun want her to wake up hubby. then i hv to feed her n carry her upright for half an hour, to prevent middle ear infection. in between, i try to pump, wash n sterilize, so i'm awake, just dun hv the hands to log on.

diveera,
i wish my bb is as ladylike as urs. my bb wun allow anybody to rest once she gets started. her crying is so loud she now has a reputation in both nuh n kkh. nuh nicu chased her out of icu once they could, cos she was bawling so loudly that all the other babies started crying together with her. once we bought the bottle to feed her, the paeds told us to bring her out of nicu.

hv a question abt storing breast milk. is it ok if we keep the ebm fr different sessions together? e.g. if i express at 3am, then at 6am, can i store the ebm in the same bottle?

ladies,

i'm feeling hurt n depressed. 1st time after giving birth...dunno y i just can't snap outta it. maybe like doggiebb said, it's e hormones lah...

last nite nursed bb fr 12.30-1am, then 2-3.30am, then 5+am n 8+am... dunno y got bk 2 bk one... but nvm... woke up in gd spirits. until bb tried to latch on. she likes to scratch her face or bury her face in her hand while latching. so she'll always miss my nipple cos he hand wld block... then her mittens wld b stained w milk, so dirty. her whole face full o pimplies now so i'm q concerned bt dirtying her mitten. so i took it off... but then she started scratching vigorously, until little flakes o skin kept coming off her face... n still cannot latch!

not e 1st time it happened but this time i cldn't keep my cool n got q angry w her altho i noe it's nt her fault. maybe bcos i see her face peeling v badly.... so sim tia... then full o pimples...
sad.gif
then nt latching....
sad.gif
sad.gif

so started crying n crying.... like q trivial but i just cldn't stop crying...

hubby came n he said it's only peeling n pimples, they're nt permanent, no need to get upset. BUT he dun understand! if just happen once o cos i won't b upset but i haf to face her every few hrs n everytime i'll haf to cope w e prob! can i just sit there let her peel her skin off? 8 times a day i see her face close up, each time more pimples n more peeled off skin, how nt 2 get upset? n i'm e one who's to deal w it. he just sees her occasionaly n will go "aiyoh, so many pimples!" tt's all... he tinks i'm vain cos her full mth celebration coming n i want her 2 b pretty... naturally....+ i need to stop her fr disfiguring herself too n at e same time latch properly...

i cont 2 cry n hubby act said "u cannot handle stress". i was so hurt. act. i'll get over being upset w bb v fast one but once hubby said tt, i suddenly felt soooo depressed. like all i've done was trivial, my stress is trivial.... i'm weak n i'm whining 4 no reason... he said everybody's got their own stress. but i tot tt's y we suport each other. when he's stressed n wanna vent, i oso tried to console him... does tt mean i dun haf my own stresses? so he's got stress, then mine is trivial n i'm nt even entitled to vent n get some comfort fr my own hubby? no matter how no big deal it seems to him? he said i cna't handle stress, but i handle by crying lor! like tt oso nt allowed?

now we're nt talking n i'm waiting 4 myself to snap outta it but i dunno if i can. he seems q pissed w me too.i noe he's oso stressed but i really really need his support rite now. at least some words o reassurance. i feel like nobody understands n nobody cares... illogical but i just can't help being soooo depressed... i'm nt upset w bb anymore... since long ago... but like no more meaning in e things i do... how???
sad.gif

och,

so sad. must b tiring 4 u. haiz.... btw, cannot store ebm pumped at diff times in e same bottle. tt's wat KKH nurse told me. then must label date n time on e bottle...

how r u coping? reading bt ur case, my little depression seems so trivial. heh heh... but these kinda things just can't pre-empt eh? sometimes i just hate my hormones.. n i hate being a woman.. always seem to clash w logical thinking...

at least i can vent here at e forum n i noe u ladies ld understand n we'll support one another.... haiz....

as 4 e retainer, pls harden ur heart n just do it or ask hubby 4 help... it'll all get better... but if it's me, dunno if i can oso... wld b so sim tia... tink o it this way, bbs suffer 4 while but they can't remember their pain... by e time she gets well, she'll haf 4gotten all e sufferings liao! n this whole experience wld make parents n child all e more stronger! treat ut as a challenge bah! ur bb w;d def grow up pretty n strong!
happy.gif

Ladies,
haiz... guess we r all facing the same problem.... basically, I didn't sleep the whole of last nite.... woke up at abt 1am, start nursing bb...then every 15mins or so she will wake up.... once I put her back to her cot, 5-10mins later cry again...all the way till 4am, then manage to sleep for 1 hr, then she cry again, wake up again to feed, then managed to sleep till 6+ 7.30am, woke up by my 2 gals.... haiz....really helpless.... hb also can't help, cos he got no breast for her and he got to work the next day. In fact, he was abit pissed off last nite.... but I lagi pissed off with him.
As usual, the sunday gathering... was telling him whether he can't stop the gathering for awhile when I'm having confinement, at least he's home to help me with the gals, but he got angry with me.... end up, he went out with my no.1 together with them and came back after 8.30pm. My mum left at 7+pm, and I was alone with my no.2, and the bb plus the maid in the hse... the bb was crying, no.2 was disturbing and I felt so helpless.... Even weekend I feel so helpless.... sometimes I really feel like shouting at him, cos he doesn't seems to understand the tireness I'm going thru, plus I still got to tolerate that stupid maid of mine, getting out of hand.

Choo,
another place which is selling the Lanisoh milk bag is from bmsg, cos mothercare always run out of stock one....

Jlim,
Y do u pour away the BM, can give to ur no.1 mah.... my excess I gave it to my no.2, cos at this point of time, she's having flu n cough, so hopefully my bm can help her recover faster and after that I will still give her bm, cos it's still the best for her....

Geri,
Hav u rested enough? Drinking enough fluid? Try to drink the papaya soup, it helps with my supply. and try to rest more. mayb u really too stressed with ur bb jaundice lah....

Bloom,
I didn't abuse the pump lah, not that chor lor till abusing the pump. This Avent manual pump have been with me for 3 "generations" liao. I bought it when I had my 1st bb, so now it's already 3rd bb, so it's time to change also liao...
happy.gif

Starluster,
Is bb taking most of ur aerola, think this will be the crucial point, cos if she didn't, then she only sucking on ur nipples. Make sure her mouth open wide b4 u put ur breast in her mouth...

Shihui,
How come u on ur PC while pumping? that time I just sit at the dinning table n pump n stare into the air.... guess most of us are up in the middle of nite.....
sad.gif

Kimi,
Cool man, guess at this point of time, we r all lack of sleep and plus hormones are playing fun in us, hence we feel so helpless and useless. Too tired to keep cool and think straight liao... when one was deprive of sleep, we tends to do silly things.... I'm also trying to keep my cool at nite when bb don't sleep... I just keep telling myself, tml will be better, bb is growing.... Sometimes I got so tired that I just put my head on the cot and close my eyes to rest while bb is still awake, cos if I lie down, less than 5 mins I got to wake up again, so it's rather tired that way.

Och,
i really sim tia reading your post.
do come in from time to time to vent. was tinking abt you and bb tis morning and wanted to sms you (but din get the chance).

Kimi,
dun be angry with hb leh. talk to him coz being angry takes up alot of energy.
it's not your fault, our hormones are up and down still.

i have been crying alot too.
and it's worst when my mum dun understand and made comments like she never hv such issue when she had me
sad.gif

really feel like screaming at her!!!!

Starluster,
i had the same nightmare when i had bb home with me the first 2 nites.
in the hospital, my bb was very well behaved. once back home, she will sleep alot in the day and at nite, wide awake.

my mum insisted to take over the nite shift coz she wants me to rest but bb cried non stop.
i cant sleep and my mum looked like she will drop dead anytime!

i decided to take over and so far for the past 2 nites, my bb had been sleeping thru (with 2 feed in between).
it's tiring but given time, we will find a routine tat suits our bb.

Bloom,
i noe of one agency tat dun need us to sign contract. will sms you the tel later hor.

Ladies,
juz wanna vent abit abt my mum.....
she is not happy tat i am bbsitting at nite coz she felt tat i dun trust her.
so from time to time, she will made comments like "mummy make you uncomfy har?" to my bb.

aiyoooooo.....so pissed off with her. my own mum leh.
she should be happy tat bb is sleeping well at nite with me and hb.
not like she is gonna bbsit for me forever.
dun she want me to be more hands on??????

Och,
Yes, u can store bm pumped at different time in the same bottle, but must be on the same day and ideally, u should ensure the bm is of the same temperature b4 pouring into 1 container, cos the difference in temperature will encourage bacteria growth.

MBB,
Haiz... confinement with own mum also got own sets of problem.... mine also keep commenting that cannot blow fan, canoot this cannot that, aiyo, how to tahan, then comment abt my gals, my hb, my maid, my hse, my method of doing things, my handling of bb and even when I got to come online she also comment.... haiz... vexed man.... my hb just sms me why I'm in such a bad mood today....just dunno how to answer him... I'm unhappy with him, with my no.1 and the tireness... just don't feel like talking to him at all....

och
hang in there k...your nitemare will be over...in a matter of time. like what kimi said, ur gal will forgets abt all the suffering when she gets well. i know saying is easier than done, but please be strong! we all support you k.

kimi,
u also don't be depressed k. i suggest u don't remove her mitten next time. let the mitten be dirty lor, just change after feed. my boi also tend to scratch his face (so i always ensure that his mitten is on ALL the time and i cut his fingernails too). he also tend to block his mouth with hand when i tried feeding him, and i had to hold back his hands, he hate it! i think most bb are like that la...don't stress k....

oh ya, did u wipe ur gal's mouth and face with wet cotton wool after feed? My CL said rashes will develop if we don't do that. Could that we be the cause of pimples?

as for ur hb, i suggest u tell him that his words hurt you lor. let him know how u feel. men are very practical and they always don't understand our emotional needs.

Och
I can feel ur pain when I read ur post. The worst thing is too c ur bb suffer n u can't do anthing abt it hor. But take heart tat bb will not remember all this suffering later when she is older. So be strong for her n urself ok.

MBB
Ya, sometimes I think own mothers doing confinement 4 u can be even more difficult cos is she does something u dun like, its more difficult to tell her off rite. Me n my mum also already got alot of disagreements liao, n I haven't even popped yet. So now I juz listen n ignore lah, no point talking back. Wat to do, can change her overnite.

Jen
Hv u popped yet? Dr told me delivery imminent already n yet here I am still waiting, waiting...
These few days hv been feeling urges to poo poo also. According to my fren who just popped recently, she also had that feeling a wk b4 she popped. So I am eagerly waiting lor.

Dora, Choo
U both still ard??

Dora
Oops, only juz saw ur morning post.
happy.gif
so u still ard lah. Me also not having much symptoms, except wanting to poo more n bb also doing breakdance inside at nite. Keep banging on my lower abdomen near cervix like he's asking me to let him out like tat. Sigh...when, when, when???? I also wan him to come out mah...

Ladies
U all sound so stressed with the confinement ya, I also feel scared liao. Somemore hoh, i will hv tons of people squeezed into my hse over Xmas/NY leh cos my godparents, my father n my brother's family with 2 kids will be visiting us to c bb. I can imagine the chaos liao...

Back