(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

edksd, i tink d purpose of steaming b/f puree is to stop d enzyme from acting so thus stop d browning reaction. Personally i dun like to c brown fruits so i steam the pear even it already soft. Any more experience mummy can advise.

emma

GAO ZEI = fussy

i dont think I can keep quiet if I were you
758926.gif
! Even if I dont beat the nephew, I would have scolded him ! Enzo is soooo cute how can he do that ! if it's my own kid, I would have punished him ! that's a very very bad behaviour and hope Enzo don learn from him !
758927.gif

emma, if i were u i'll tell the brat, "hey didnt ur parents teach u this's not right and havent ur parents taught u how to say sorry yet?"

keke.. hope JAdelle provide you all with some laughs this morning with her mamy poko photos!!

ilovebabies,
how u put those icons ah?? so cute leh..

emma,
i will be angry if i were you. i sure no give face and shoot back to your SIL/MIL. as for that brat, make sure enzo dun be like that next time.. if jadelle slap someone, i sure scold her!

My SIL now preggie with a boy.. so.. i expect my PIL to "switch" affections to the new baby..good and bad lah!

EMMA,
HOW CAN HE HIT MY FAV ENZO!!! Oh gosh!!! Sob, poor Enzo.. painful or not, he got cry or not!!!

Err.. next time tell enzo to beat him back!!! Muz REMEMBER HOH!!

Hey Jasmine

Thks for the info on huggies ultra, i went to redeem last nite, very good deal, 1 pc exchange for 9 pcs. Happy sia...

<font color="0000ff">ilb</font>,

can i ask u abt brown rice again? i rem u mention buy the brown rice, dry out in the sun? then grind into powder. then how to cook it hah? what to add (ebm or water)? is it cook until bb cereal kind of texture?

edksd

my MIL is the one who prep the brown rice for me. I think she fry it (w/o oil) then grind it into powder form. Dont know if she dry it out in the sun ???

then i just cook over the stove. Just with water, no EBM. THis chor bee have to cook one. Cook until it turn pasty.

emma,
I can understand how you feel. I will be also very angry if my Amabel being slap by other kids especially when the parent of the kid never ask their kid to said "Sorry" to my girl. I would say they are "mei jia jiao". I will scold but i definitely wont punish by slapping back, if not i will be like them and i dun wanna Amabel to learnt bad example from me.
As for feeding enzo with char siew pau and ur Sil said you gao zei right. Then u give her son drink wine lor, see she gao zei or not lor. so angry for you....@#!%&*# oop i have to bao(3) ci(2) sin(2) xiang(4). haha

ilb, thanks.

1 teaspoon of chor bee powder put to cook will be equivalent to the amt of bb cereal at 1 teaspoon?

when grinding is it use the 2 blade one since it's considered dry food?

hey mommies.. thanx for sharing my anger!!! i tell u all.. i so angry lehz.. but i v proud of enzo.. he brave boy.. never cry... so i juz pretend and say to enzo, "Enzo good boy.. Enzo never cry hor.. Enzo must be gracious and forgive other pple.." hope they get the hint that i was hinting that they are not gracious lohz.. never even apologise... sickening...

hehe EMma u r so right !!! yes Enzo will not be so petty !

edksd

i think the amt is almost the same if I am not wrong.
happy.gif

i dunno what blender my MIL use leh. I only take home the final product. ehhe

Oh dear... so heartpain to see other pp slapping yr kid, rite? I can't imagine what I will do if my nephew were to slap Dylan....

But Enzo is a brave boy.. never cry! *sayang* *sayang*

ilovebabies
Yah the one at the posb building is it? yah it's still open...

chor bee
yah i also need to ask. my mil gave me the ready powered form BUT i tried cooking but can't really get it to become pastey. How much water to put in for 1 tbs? And how long do you cook it for?

Ling

tks !

U added too much water is it ? Eh I cant tell u the exact amount of water I put in cos I just agar agar that level for that small pot I use. Thnk i cook it for 15 mins ? just stir and stir until the chor bee becomes pasty.

if it doesnt means u added too much water, so add more chor bee powder.

Phew! Finally got the chance to rest my butt and peek into the forum...

<font color="aa00aa">daisybutton</font>
braun blender I was using is the multiquick handheld blender. Threw away the box so I don't have the exact model no.

looks like a stick with blades at the end, u press a button at the top of the handle to activate the blades.

I'm not trying to say its not a good blender. It just doesn't work for me, I guess. I prepare Rae Ann's puree fresh everyday so I need a blender that can blend small quantities well.

For my braun, if quantity is too small, the puree won't be smooth, esp carrots. Rae Ann will not eat her carrot puree if its not smooth.

Some babies might prefer their puree more lumpy? So it depends on the babies, I guess.

<font color="aa00aa">edksd</font>
Is your blender <font color="ff0000">red</font> in colour? My mum has that one. Cost her $138 when she bought it 3 years ago.She said its a very good blender, but not sure if both are from the same company.

<font color="aa00aa">Peachie</font>
I think the offer is still on. I got a free soya bean drink maker too. But I didn't watch the whole demo. Seems like the thingy can make other things too.

I think its a good idea to watch the demo before u buy it. Then you will learn to make other things too.

<font color="aa00aa">Yuna</font>
Yeah! Can't wait to meet up! my hubby is coming too...

<font color="aa00aa">jasmine</font>
thanks for the picture of jadelle! So cute! I love jap looking babies!

<font color="aa00aa">diana</font>
Wow! baby jac is so chub chub and squishy! Dream baby! Too bad i missed the gathering
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">emma</font>
so sad to hear about what happened to enzo...I believe as parents, we must teach our kids right from wrong even when they're babies.

Rae Ann likes to touch people too. But sometimes she can get a little too enthuastic (the other time she tried to eat Gabby's head), so I will always pull her back and tell her," Be gentle."

I think both you and your hubby demonstrated very positive behaviour for enzo during that incident. Will teach Enzo that violence doesn't necessarily begets violence.

As boys, its good that they learn this from young...I think its very important lah...coz I deal with a lot of violent boys @ my workplace...

U're a very good mummy!

ling.. hope this formula works for u... when i cook the chor bee.. its 130-140ml or water to 2 milk scoops of chor bee powder.. and the water muz not be boiling water if not the chor bee will curdle...

cheekz.. thanx... but it was hard!!! seeing ur son being bullied but cant take any "action"... but have to lahz.. I'm v sure i dun want enzo to be a violent boy... I want him to be as mild mannered as Gabe!
happy.gif

emma/ilovebabies
ok cool! thanks. I will go try... is 2 milk scoops a lot? What do you let your babies eat chor bee with? Veggie? Or just on its own? coz it tastes quite horrid to me...

<font color="119911">emma</font>

Hey babe, you did great lah!
Stimulus + Response = Conscequence

Ur response was to control ur anger and so the situation remained "stable". Boys need to learn this, if not, grow up sure become fighters one!

I think u taught a GREAT deal to Enzo that day...which is more than I can say about your bro in law who didn't even teach his son to apologise.

btw, my hubby is the youngest in the family. I had to ENDURE so many "know-it-all" comments from his mother and 3 sisters.

no matter what i do, sure got negative comments. just the other day, my MIL said i was starving the baby because i fed her vegee puree and not enough RICE...

i think we're all singing this mantra "one ear in, one ear out...."

ling..it taste like red bean paste without sugar leh.. hehe... well.. my nanny add 3 more scoops of fm after just as soon as its done.... can add pureed vege in it too..
happy.gif

oh btw.. my hub came in to see what i wrote.. muz be come in to cx if i got talk bad abt my mil not... sometimes i realli wonder.. if we realli get into a 'fight' will he take my side or his mother!! sigh....

cheekz, mine is a bit pastel brown in color leh. maybe they've different color? mine was bought in 2003.

btw, today i went to isetan supermarket, no more friscocrem (rice based). strange why this product nation wide missing in action.

edksd

its yummy lah. rae ann finished the tin i bought from u. turns out the sin seh shop near my house sells it @ $6 per tin.

that's the cheapest i saw.

yeah, its sold out pretty fast. must stock up one...

<font color="aa00aa">melody</font>

thanks so much for the link to the baby food site! V informative.

btw, rae ann's bum also gets rather reddish in the evenings esp around the anus area.

for her case, i think its because of the poos that are are now harder.

<font color="aa00aa">Destitin Cream with Aloe Vera</font>
Does anybody know where i can get this? i have been looking for this for the longest time. The last time we saw it was @ Mt E guardian pharmacy.

Oh gosh! So many posts since I last go missing....

Ok, quick one before I head home. Mum is alone at home today to take care of Gabe as my dad went Malaysia to visit my grandaunt. Think kindda tough on her so gotta rush home to help.

<font color="0000ff">Buttons</font>
Yeah Jovann so handsome I'll forgive him for any "noise" he makes.
happy.gif
Anyway let him practice his vocal cords lah. Maybe he turns out to be a Lee Hom Wang in the making leh?

<font color="aa00aa">j@@n</font>
I wish I can style Gabe's hair! But I've never even have the chance to comb! Hahaha... After 6 months of waiting, someone finally noticed he has HAIR! WooHoot!!!

<font color="ff6000">Melody</font>
Hehe... Gabe cute? Aiyah he like blur blur that day leh. And need Arianne to sayang him some more. So nice of Arianne.
happy.gif
Hope when we bring him take couple photo he'll be more alert!

<font color="0000ff">Phoebe</font>
<font size="+1">Show us your BBL! I want see!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Diana</font>
Thanx for the photo!
happy.gif
I only kicked myself for not having carried your huggable Jac that day! Sigh... ...

<font color="ff0000">Emma</font>
*hugz hugz* Enzo and *muacks muacks* Enzo for me. So poor boy kenna bullied
sad.gif
But I agree that you've taught him a great lesson! He'll definitely grow up to be a gracious and mild mannered boy.

<font color="aa00aa">Selina and June</font>
Are Caleb and Jayden better? And yourselves? The weather now either too hot or keeps raining. Must drink lots of water!

Can someone post a picture of the wonderful <font size="+1">ULIKE</font>? I stopped making purees for 2 weeks ler because the blender I hv has so many parts to wash! I want to buy one which is easy to assemble and clean. Does <font size="+1">ULIKE</font> fit this requirement?

<font color="ff0000">Melody</font>
Oh no! I just read cheekz post and realize my Gab's GF having red bum? *sayang sayang* Try to wash with water and pat dry with towel instead of wiping with wipes?

*hugz hugz* Yun

Dear mummies

For those who participated in the CB Spree #5, I've paid for the vpost charges. Split as follow:

Vpost: $47.15
US Shipping: US$5.49 (S$8.784)
Split per ea: S$1.40

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD>USD</TD><TD>SGD</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD>Shipping</TD><TD>Payment </TD></TR><TR><TD>phoebechan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.86</TD><TD>22.18</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessedmommy</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>34.65</TD><TD>55.44</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xena_princess</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27.72</TD><TD>44.35</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ilovebabies</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.86</TD><TD>22.18</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pigeon</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20.79</TD><TD>33.26</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lilprecious</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27.72</TD><TD>44.35</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Selina</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>34.65</TD><TD>55.44</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>6.44</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jerene</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.86</TD><TD>22.18</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheekz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.86</TD><TD>22.18</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dumpty</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20.79</TD><TD>33.26</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20.79</TD><TD>33.26</TD><TD></TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6.93</TD><TD>11.09</TD><TD>Paid</TD><TD>1.40</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

YES dumpty.. ulike fits ur description..
happy.gif
its 69.90 all yr round it seems.. but promo is not always soyabean drink maker..

cheekz, ur stmulus+response reminds me of skinner... lol

<font color="ff6000">emma</font>

bf skinner? sorry, my head is filled with all these psycho mumbo jumbo...sometimes, it pops out once in a while....work hazard lah...

cheerios yah! its FRIDAY tomorrow!!!!

<font color="0000ff">Hi lovely aunties.. thanks for all you hugs and kisses.. Mommy said i'm a brave boy because I did not cry.. I dun like that gor gor now.. keke...</font>

759645.jpg
759646.jpg

<font color="0000ff">ilovebabies, littlepony, Jamie</font>
Thanks for sharing your methods on nail cutting.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Weekend Mani+Pedi Programme</font>
It's a combination of all your techniques. Hee hee

Step 1: Declare aloud to baby I'm going to cut her nail. Repeat 3 times so she'll learn the term
Step 2: Put baby on lap and attempt to cut nail by holding hand tight.
Step 3: If step 2 fails, strap baby down and attempt to cut nail again.
Step 4: If step 3 fails, install hubby entertainment unit.
Step 5: If step 4 fails, make baby sleep and then attempt to cut nail by holding hand tight and do quickly before baby wakes up
Step 6: If all else fail, bring to mani+pedi shop and seek professional services.

<font color="0000ff">Emma</font>
Thanx for the picture! It looks really wonderful and easy! Yeah... I think I'll go get one ULIKE!

<font color="0000ff">Hi Emma,</font>
What happened to Enzo is SHOCKING! I'm glad he is not affected by the incident. Love his bright and cheery smile in the photos.
happy.gif

cheekz
The aloe vera cream can get it at Kids21 at paragon if u dun mind the heafty price tag of $35. I dunno if healthy times at tanglin mall has it.

helo mommies!!

<font color="0000ff">high tea</font> => thanks hahahhaa yes Jovann is talking to the pretty girls around him in the photos. surrounded by pretty girls he sure look happy lah hehehehehe!

<font color="119911">edksd</font>, if you do not steam or cook your pear, please don't freeze it. freezing is only suitable for cooked food. prob the same reason why papayas, avocados and bananas are not suitable for freezing, because they don't neeed to be cooked. so if u dun steam the pear, feed it fresh and dun keep. turning brown is due to oxidisation, and shld be harmless lah.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Enzo!!</font> Auntie Buttons feel so angry for you! But you are such a brave boy you did not cry! very proud of you. and tell your mommy that she did the right thing by saying those things to you. because in that way, she is subtly showing the others that she "bu gen ta men yi ban jian shi", aka don't stoop to their level. sometimes those kinda subtle, double-edged remarks stings and has more effect than a punch back. So thats the kinda of thing educated and civilised people like your mommy daddy do. Its their own mistake not teaching their son to apologise, or even saying sorry themselves! Auntie Buttons is sure you won't be like THEM next time!! Sayang sayang yar???

<font color="0000ff">emma and cheekz</font>, oooooh i guessed also that its that kinda blender, i also have something similar leh!!! hehehe....perhaps i dun need to buy IF IF IF i can dig the blender out from my mess of a storeroom.

<font color="ff0000">Jasmine</font> Aiyoh!! Jadelle really looks so pretty and similar to the Mamy POko model leh! Gosh...why din it occur to me!!! same big eyes, almost same features!! so cute hor?!!! hehehehee.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">High Tea Mommies!!</font> You've got mail!!!
happy.gif
the photos are here hahahaa.

Why am I always the one posting at unearthly hours when nobody is awake to reply me hahahaha

emma
Thanks for posting the pic! Aiyo! I've been using a similar one all this while. My silly friends got them for me while i was pregnant coz they saw the auntie demo until so powderful, can do so many things. Came in so handy for the puree. The best part is that it's so easy to clean! I just rinse in water n everything comes out! My brand is TrustMe, made in s'p. Didn't know it's so ex coz they told me they got it from some expo food show...

DB
haha how come you stay up till so late???
happy.gif
Nowadays i've been so addicted to the Heroes series that i haven't been on the forum much at nite! Heh heh...

pigeon
wah your plan sounds good!
happy.gif
heh...esp the installing hubby entertainment unit! Clever! heh... can press button n sing n dance or not? heh...

Back