(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Dsii,
Ian can be very playful and hardworking as well. Very good leh then next time u dun have to keep pushing him to complete his work.

Julian also very excited to tell me he has homework. However, he can be very stubborn in the way he do his work too.

Gill also has homework brought home on fri for d weekends starting N2 this year. 1 english n 1 chinese worksheet. I was totally not prepared for it...haa yes d mummy not her who had an issue over this :p Of course right since i had to be d one to sit down with her n do. Moreover weekends sometimes like no fixed routine plus must see her mood...sian!

OC, may be can get Gill to complete her homework on Friday night. Julian very excited so usually managed to finish by then and weekend is his free time.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies,

Do take a look on my BP for Anti mosquito patch. Thanks
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3785397.html?1269910680 </font>

hong,
Finishing by fri nite only happened 2Xs cos too much other stuff goin on. Me n hubby need to take turns jagar d little char, wash d after dinner dishes, bathe d girls etc etc :p

hong,
She has swimming class on sat morn dats all. Depends on her mood lor, i wish she can be as excited abt her homework as Julian n Ian, but she defnitely cant do n complete d homework on her own independently yet.

G also same leh, prefer everything english to chinese...but now MIL stays with me so slightly better, will still speak little chinese mix english.

OC,
Does Gill enjoys her swimming lesson?
No idea why Julian chose english instead but there are times we will force him to reply us in mandarin and will see him cracking his brain to find word to form a sentence. Quite funny.

hong,
Yes she does, at least until now
happy.gif

Could it be from young u guys speak to him in english only? Dats d case for G :p But good thing is u can ask Janelle to speak in mandarin to him, 1 more person to encourage n reinforce
happy.gif

OC,
rbr I mentioned that we are worry abt Julian speech development. We speak to him in both language, my PIL cant really speak English but he seem to chose over english. Now he will reply my IL in English. hahaha..

It is the same situation like my nephew but he is better now cos we see that he make effort to speak to my mum in mandarin.

As for Julian, we send him for chinese classes. Stime I told him Chinese time, so only make him speak in Mandarin.

Where did u send Gil to swim? Is it exp?

hong,
Oic...where he goes for chinese classes? maybe i will need to prep for Gil too :S

She goes to tampines swimming complex, $50 per mth, coach recommended by hubby's collick.

I was there on Sat too but ard 11am timing cos Janelle swimming classes.

I asked Janelle's coach before and he didnt encourage me to let Julian swim now.

What is Gil timing? Can more kids join in?

hong,
Really?! Gil's timing at 10.30am, i dun think there's a prob if more join, now only abt 4-5 kids i think. Actually really depends if kid is ready. 1st lesson Gil also only follow 10% then gradually she warmed up. If u want i can ask him.

huh.. so hong and OC in the same place at the same time but never see each other huh! hehe :p

Zav also started swim class... in his cc.
he seems to be enjoing it very much..
come back and demo to me how he goes down the pool, wear googles and head can go into the water etc. :p

MTDT,
Wah his cc got swim class! It's included? Haha gd dat he enjoy.

We nvr meet cos i only went during her 1st lesson in jan then never already, bring baby troublesome, usu hubby brings.

OC,
Can ask for me? Do parent need to be in the water? Is that the only timing he has? I dun mind 11am cos Janelle lesson is 1130am. i wanna kill two bird with 1 stone.

Cos Janelle has class from 9am - 1045am and swimming at 1130am.

I dun expect Julian to swim but to build his water confidence.

MT,
Yah I also surprised why I didnt bump into OC or even her hubby. May be by the time Janelle is ready, Gil and daddy is already prepare to leave the pool complex.

OC, my weekend is packed with kids enrichment classes. Very boring de leh.

May be u can bring the kids to places like farm or garden.

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.

Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For pregnant or nursing mum and infants 6 month up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 38

Pls PM me if u interested. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

Hong, suggest you build up julian water confidence on your own before letting him join the swimming class. Some of the stuff you can do is to ask him to 1st blow bubbles in the water, jump from the pool while you are inside the pool, count 1 2 3 and go down in the water together with him. These are what I do for Gerrain whenever I am in the pool.

As time goes by, when both of you go down into the water, try to delay the duration abit longer. Initially it can be 1~2 secs, then slowly increase to about 3~5 secs.

Hello everybody!

Joshua also has no homework from Mindchamps. They believe in learning through play and seems like they do a fair bit of activities in school (at least based on the newsletter they sent me). I also want to start Josh on swimming lessons but he's not keen. Only wants to play at the waterplay in my condo, so let him be for a while.
He's another kentang. But do converse in broken Mandarin to the elders as they can't speak English. He's very talkative, never stop talking. Unlike my #2, still blabbering at 18 mths. Not talking yet.

OC,
I also dunno what to do with Josh this long weekend. He stopped going for any enrichment classes since beginning of the year....

Liverpool,
I tried. He wanted to be on his arm float. Stime the kids will not give too much nonesense when train by others. hahaha..
Anyway Janelle having swimming lesson ard that timing so no issue.

Just to update all of you that I have popped on the 29th March
happy.gif
Thank god it's a quick delivery
happy.gif
Here's my birth story
happy.gif

Hi all,

Me popped on the 29th March. Here's my birth story
happy.gif

~4:30pm : Went see gynae. Gynae say still 2cm dilated. He say baby should come within these few days. He did the cervix check again and dun know what he did which was quite pain and than i start to have show and cramp feeling.

~5pm: Mild Cramp started and Gynae told me to check in "hotel" about 7pm.

7:30pm: did registration at TMC.

8:30pm: In labour ward. Started to have 2mins one contraction.. Around 9+pm Gynae came to check and i'm about 5cm dilated. I'm still trying to avoid using the gas and mainly use breathing learnt in Yoga - deep breath in via nose and breathe out via mouth. AS pain got strong, i moan and groan... and squeeze my hubby hand as well..

9+pm: Pain got intense and uses gas when contraction comes. I think i knock off later on as I started to only hear voices (i think during labour the nurses will keep on talking to help us so that we know things are still going on. If in complete silence i think i will panick). Heard voices and my hubby say breath in breath out..

~10:30pm: Baby out
happy.gif

Baby girl. 2.62kg (funny.. cos ultrascan say 3kg - where's the other 400g!!??).

Luckily baby come out now and not later. The umblical cord is one round around her neck and there's a knot also.

Am home since yesterday
happy.gif

Char also no homework from cc but there's once got bring home 1 folder with 1 storybook and some worksheets but didnt advise us what to do... later i asked abt it then the teachers say is for parents and children interaction... haha but we didnt do any, js leave it aside...

OC, i also boring weekend... C is recovering from hfmd, guess she need further quarantine...

Lucida, congrats!!!
abt the same nbr of hours when i delivered C...
can ask those gave birth to #2, is it really faster than #1?? how fast??

how abt tfor those natural birth?? if previously is only 1 &amp; half hour, roughly #2 will be how long?? if too fast how??

Hi Mummies,

Glad to see the thread moving again...

Lucida, congrats!

eeyore, my gyn says #2 is abt half the time of #1. quite accurate for me coz K was 12hrs, E was 6hrs.

Lp- haha..
Becos ur no1 set a too high a target to reach! Imagine half then means 15mins for no2 and 7mins for no3! :p

ep, thought have another gal c's things can pass to her... i never give all away... now realy everything need to give away liao...

mummies, I have a qn...esp to those who have travelled with babies. How to travel with baby who is still on porridge? bring the slow cooker along?

Wonder how those have #2 or #3 feels.. Actually i have been hesistant about having no. 2 in my 3rd trimester. I mean life has somewhat stabalised with #1 and Lucas is already going to 4 years old. There's so much things i can do with Lucas and we could go traveling etc.. At first i thought having a 2nd to be a companion for Lucas but than again, i feel relax and happy with having just Lucas. He has our attention too so he's a happy boy. He got friends to play with also in school. The age gap is 4 years old so he cannot really play with baby sister..

During delivery with the pain was really PAINFUL i was like "what have i gotten myself and my family into..". I mean with a second, just giving birth we have to spend thousands over dollars already (Confinement lady, confinement food, etc.) To raise her up we need to spend even more. At first i was thinking after having 2nd i will do part time work or maybe even stop working for a year to fully concentrate on getting everything the way i wanted in raising up children (i.e. no TV, self feeding, etc..). But I realise that reality is, having a 2nd would means more stress on our financial - my hubby will be really stress up if i'm to stop working. I found that i have dig the hole even deeper and i got to make sure i still hold my job for at least the next five years.
Than also, there's this unknown factor in what the child will grow up to be like. With a girl, i have to also worry about things that affect a girl. I teach in school so i do know how some girls are now behaving and it REALLY WORRIES me...
Haiz.. positive, positive.. Now what i know is i just have to continue whatever is present. Life goes on.
Btw, don't be mistaken - i'm not suffering from post natal depression.. haha.. well.. maybe alittle in the sense of afraid of handling the future and extra responsibility.
Does anyone feels that too?

OC,
I managed to find Gill on Sat but I dun think the coach is continue teaching after Gill classes.

Lucida,
U are in the confusion stage. Each and every baby is a brand new experience. What u are going thru will be different from when u have ur son. Must be fair lah, shld also give ur ger the same excitment u have when u have the brother. I wished I could have another baby.

Back