(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

i just started a new thread on - Hi ! 2006/ Sengkang/Punggol/ SAHM ?? U There? thinkg of meetg up some mummies nearby to let my kiddo get to know some friends.. join us mummies if u can.. thinkg the library may be a nice place to meet for first time..

the GSS is on is it? everywhere 50% off.. wah shoppg centres soooo crowded.. came back fm vivo.. so tired... brought my boy played at upstairs wading pool.. thinkg of going to jalan kayu mini zoo tomm.. heard no entrance fee.. can eat prata too.. u mummies been there??

soo hoon,
the animal resort has no entrance fee but has to pay $2(i think) for a couple pkts of animal feeds. Last time is up to customer to donate now they actually charge. For the kids to have fun we will usually jus pay for it la. Not sure about eating prata there though.

GSS starts 23-May officially but a lot of places alrdy start to hv 50% disc promotion le...

thanks violet for info. we had lunch at compass pt yesterday. but the time we wanted to go jalan kayu, see so hot outside changed our mind.. it's just toooo hot these days.. ended up gg ikea instead.. bought him a step stool to help him climb to sit on the toilet bowl.

was lookg for toddler toilet seat to place on adult toilet bowl. knew some mummies buy those fm ntuc cos with handle.. but i cldnt find it. Went toysrus saw those cute cushion ones but no handle.. think with handle easier for my boy to adjust.. wanted to try again these few days to toilet-train him.. hopefully will work this time..

hi all
I would like to share tis workshop with u. Parenting with Confidence (0 to 5Years)
I am still attending the course, so far so good, no comment yet. It is organised by my girl's CC. And we have the workshop in CC. So quite convenient for me to attend.

Session One: What is a Parent?
- Parent types - Family patterns of parenting - Parent care
Session Two: Know your Pre-Schooler
- Physical and emotional needs - Shaping your child's view of themselves - Developmental
stages
Session Three: Bringing your Kids on Board
- Tools for encouraging co-operation - Family rules and reasons - Family mission statement
Session Four: Expressing Love through Discipline
- Tools for handling difficult behaviour - Appropriate discipline strategies
Session Five: Creating a Childhood to Remember
- Five love languages - Creating fun and memories
Session Six: Putting It All Together
- Sleeping, eating and toilet-training problems - Back-bone parent-coach's tools

http://www.family.org.sg/program.html
http://www.family.org.sg/pwc_workshops.htm

soo hoon

i bought the toilet seat from carrefour. It comes with handles and pee guard. It's so difficult to get these 2 together. They usually come either or.

mashy - thanks alot for the info! yeah will go carrefour to get it then. Called several ntuc branches, so far nearest is amk hub. Since u mentioned it has handles n pee guard- what im lookg for. Is it like this? this is fm ntuc - $10.50 i think.
1433035.jpg

hi siewing - think it's great for you. I on the other hand.. err.. too lazy lah.. hv to bring my ah boy wherever i go.. do share with us tipsters or useful advice ya..

it looks similar to this, but without the guard behind. The toilet seat is cushioned and white while the handles are purple. Think the brand is Sassy.

1433754.jpg

Mashy
pee guard for what ah?? Hee Hee Hee. Ethan now pees into the potty and poo in diaper...he dun want to poo in toilet bowl le..any suggestion how to motivate or encouarge him?? or let him be?

etelle

my boy also doesn't wanna poo in the diaper. He needs a nice scenery to poo. Will stand at my full length window, look outside then poo. sigh.

The pee guard is so that his pee doesn't splash all over when he sits down to pee mah altho i usually get him to pee standing up.

Hi Stella,

Previously JX also dun like to poo in potty. So I tried to follow what I read from some books.. Do not show irritating face in front of her when she poo or seeing her own 'production'.. tell her.. dun scare.. mama papa also doing this in toilet bowl.. then try to praise her what she did is a big gal/boy doing.. and dun rush her to do it fast.. just treat it normal and encourage lo.. so far she ok with it now already.. she totally diaperless other than nap/sleep/going out...

mashy, u mean C sit to pee? i tot we shd train our boy to stand to pee... anyway i hvnt start train jarren. he stil dunno how to tell us when he wanna pee or poo

C really knows to enjoy haha poo also must enjoy scenery whahah then everybody can see him poo poo haha

how should i encourage or teach jarren to tell me when he wanna pee or poo huh? or shd i just strip him off diaper haha then let him few x of pee on shorts then he will bcom more aware and will know he has to tell me :p

bulma

no lah, my boy pees standing up. But we let him pee using his toilet trainer as well to let him get used to sitting on it.

C also doesn't tell me poo or pee. We just ask him at random times whether he wanna pee. Then if he nods, i'll bring him to the toilet. He always bluff me when it comes to poo though.

Yah, maybe u can do that, strip all. I don't have the energy to do that now. But when I'm all well, I'll probably start doing that.

mashy -
wah today so "re nao" ah.. was bz clearg my store room.. tks for pic. surprised that it's ok for boys to sit to pee hence they made the pee guard? my boy willing to poo in potty if i ask him when he's going too but he doesnt understand how to pee yet. That's y i say confusing for him.. asked him to poo sittg down next ask him to pee standg up.. he wanted to sit down to pee but i said no.. he confused i also dunno how to teach.. muahaha... girls are so much easier.. do both sittg down. Think i'll get the ntuc one with the guard behind.. bought him a chair-kind of potty but he doesnt like that.. using adult toilet bowl so much more convenient.. just flash after that..

my boy doesnt tell too if he wants poo or pee. Only nod his head after he's done when we asked cos we smelled it.. sigh.. sometimes when he's irritated then he'll point to his bottom and made a face to let us know.. when is he going to talk properly...??

Bulma
for ethan i just one fine day take off his diaper wearing only shorts and tell me when he want to pee or poo lor. accidents happen but after 1-2 dya she is okay le...but its tiring to every time bring go pee though and must be consistent le..ur mum has to help or cc has to follow up if not waste effort..

mashy
haha so C has to have nice scnery ah ha ha...

Hello mummies

I have also started training Jovan since last weekend. Let him go diaperless. At first he kept touching his ku-ku...cos he feel funni without anything around it! He dun like him for the first few days he want to pee. I always ask him every 15-20mins he say dun want pee. Then next moment pee on the floor or the mattress! I scold him and also cane him for 2 days. Cane his butt!
Today finally got results, my inlaw ask him wanna pee anot, he say yes. Stand pee and also tell my MIL 'Y my kuku come out so many water'! Hahaha!

Hopefully he will continue to improve!
happy.gif

Hi i bless u - good for u! So it took u around a full week is it?? Just bought the toilet seat fm amk hub today.. thinkg of startg tomm.. just now tried to sit him on it but he doesnt want like so scared he'll fall into toilet bowl.. think mayb i shld get a few traing pants as well.. at least it's encouraging for u.. how old is Jovan? So cute he way he talks...

Thinkg of gettg a pair of roller skates for him too. Any of you mummies hv tried lettg yr kids skate at 2yo? Shld be ok..?

i bless you
actually u shd not scold him or cane him le...cuz hor accidents happened initially when u start toilet train le...encouragement will go a longer way le...personal feel ah...

Lee Soo Hoon my son is 27mth now...he is very chatty always ask why why why now! Hmm...y u think of getting a roller skates for ur son? I feel they r too young for it and dangerous!

Stelle: hehe..i must be hard on him then he will learn, otherwise he is very sturborn =P he is not so guai as ur ethan!

Hi mummies,

I toilet trained my girl 2 months ago in 1 week time. If they are ready, they can be trained in less than a week. My girl was ready at that time but just simply refused to sit on the potty, so she urinate & poo on the floor as I let her go bottomless. No matter how I coax or encourage her also no use. So finally I decided to force her to sit on the potty. When I saw that she wants to poo, I push her on to the potty and restrain her from moving away. Finally get her poo to drop inside the potty (she poo in half standing position as i was trying to restrain her), after that I praise her and told her that poo poo must in the potty. Had to do that for 2 days before she finally sat on the potty willingly.

I find that training pants are not really useful as they will just pee and poo treating it as a diaper. By letting them go bottomless is better.

i bless you
haha ethan also getting nottier leh...hee i think parents know their kids BEST ah...maybe to us u may be harsh to cane him but maybe Jovan really needs some butts pain before he obey hor :p

taurus
agree with u that if they are ready they be trained in less than a week. By the 3rd day my son can already accident free and can go pee in potty le...and also trng patns like u say to the kids may still be like diaper...so want to toilet train might as well once and for all go botomless. but i let my son wear shorts le...haha i dun let him run around bottomless ...

re: toilet training
- my girl trains herself! hahaha.... no la... i tried letting her wear cloth training pants (not those pull ups) .. then she dun like so i stopped like for 2 weeks.
then i had an idea - i brought her to buy panties! let her choose the design and tell her 'ok, now u wear panty nice nice huh... no more diaper le'
she's quite vain so it's working quite well and she's now diaperless at home.
this am we went out and she's diaperless too.
hb almost freaked out cos scared she pee in public or on the car seat!

down side - being a stubborn 2yo, she refused to wear diaper to sleep! duh...

etelle,
Had to let my girl go bottomless cause she also treats short or panties as diapers.

Wendy
Wow, u so brave to let ur girl go out without diapers. I dare not let my girl go out without it, afraid pee in taxi. Only recently let her go downstairs without diapers. Then u bring ur girl to the toilet when she wants to pee?
Does ur girl wet her bed?

esther: Ya lor he needs to have butt pain then will learn. Today he wet abit on his shorts then he tell me he pee then i bring the potty for him pee..he pee inside and i praise him, he so happy abt it.

wendy: did u buy the waterproof mattress protector? I bought 2 and placed under th bed sheet. Now kiddy palace got 20% discount, worth to get. It's crib size not those single mattress size so i position it centre and where he lightly will sit or sleep on.

hello mummies
long time no chat.
re:toilet train
noel still partial trained. daytime only. at times no diapers on also can forget and wet the floor. i think it's normal. they still learning.

i_bless_u
how much u bought after 20% discount? wanted to buy one for our bed.. lol... coz JX always sleep on our bed..

JX had been diaperless for quite some time already. That time she was about 2 or 3 times wet the floor only, so I can say she was ready that time. I didn't get her to wear training pants as I find it useless to her, pants is ok for her to take off. Now she is totally diaperless at home, pee and poo also no problem, only go out, nap and sleep have to wear lo..

tauruss - D is only toilet trained when she is awake.
when she need to pee, she knows how to take off her panty, climb up the toilet bowl, sit face in and pee.
we have to help her wipe dry lor.

but she need our help when she wants to poo, as she literally freeze in her tracks and she says with a strained expression 'i want to pass motion'

my girl still sleeping with me cos she need to nurse to sleep.
so not getting the water proof layer yet.
thks for sharing the info!

hi gals..

just popped by to say hello n im still alive jumping ard.. haha...

re: toilet training
monster oso stubborn kind.. train him 2 weeks with TLC.. dun work... 1 fine day i so fed up with him.. i smacked his butt cheeks real hard when he still in his shorts wet with pee and warned him pee in shorts again i whack again.. from then on.. no more accidents.. haha... but nap n night time still in diapers lah.. hehe...

n.. he oso pee sitting down... cos his CC teacher say dun use potty to train him.. wait he refused to use the CC's toilet bowl to do business.. then i dun wan him to stand on a stool to pee into the toilet bowl... cos dunno when he will run into the toilet without me n try to stand on sto0l n pee himself.. scarely he fell into the toilet bowl.. haha..so let him sit down n pee lor.. haha... when he more stable then ask his daddy or little cousin to demonstrate to him how to pee properly..

now everytime he wanna pee.. he will say "mama, wo yao xiao bian, kuai dian kuai dian.." then the 2 of us will run to the toilet, grab his kiddo toilet seat cover n put on the toilet bowl. after peeing he will reach for the toilet paper n wipe his penis, then he will go flush toilet , put his toilet seat back in place n go wash his hands.. haha...

1st time my mum bring him to toilet n he instruct her to do all these routines she so surprised.. haha...

ivory
zj good ah haha he speaks more chinese or english ah??? Hee i let him pee standing le and hor my mum said no need to use toilet paper to wipe penis le..haha she said jsut ask him to shake shake the remaining urine off can le..hee hee :p

Ethan poo in diaper le..ask him go toilet bowl poo or in potty he dun want le..

Re: toilet training

Today finally decided to start the regime. Let my boy went bare bottom and placed his potty in the living room. It went thru like a breeze. So easy. When he wanna pee, he just went over to the potty to pee. So I thought, wow it's so easy. Then came the hard fact. I tried letting him wear just his shorts and as predicted, he peed in his shorts and started swimming in his pee.

How ah? Like that how to train? He somehow still associates shorts with his training pants and thinks that so long as he wears shorts, he doesn't need to go to his potty. I think this bare bottom thing can't work for him.

Mashy - wow we think alike. Started Caden today too. I gave up after half day. Pee thrice in his briefs w/o warning. Used up his barney briefs. Brought him to the toilet seat he acted like the toilet is going to swallow him up like that.. I got tired of cleaning up the mess so diaper's back on after lunch.. he's probably not ready yet and im not going to rush it.. less work for me hehe.. think will try again in a few days..

soo hoon

haha, your boy's same name as mine except mine has an extra e in it. my boy has no prob peeing in the toilet bowl coz we've already done that many times when he's wearing his diaper. Maybe you should slowly introduce the toilet to him first? We started by letting him go to the toilet before his bath. After that we extended it to after his school & when he comes home from outings. He's still wearing his training pants but he's perfectly fine with the toilet bowl and his potty.

My prob is that he doesn't tell me when he wanna pee or poo.

Mashy your ah boy sounds so sensible.. maybe going to sch makes kids more teachable? It's such a hassle when they dont voice out.. i ask like every 5mins then next 10mins didnt ask there he goes weewee.. aiyoyo.. he went to get ONE tissue paper fm table to wipe his urine.. so funny n yet so 'qi gei' at the same time.. things kids do..

etelle..

haha.. he speaks both mandarin n eng lah..

in sch he speak mandarin his teacher will ignore him.. at hm he speak eng i will ignore him...

haha... my weird theory lah... at hm must speak mandarin cos got elderly at hm.. if he's outside can speak either mandarin or eng cos we are ard.. in sch then he must speak in eng cos not all his classmates can understand mandarin..

in a way gd lah.. cos now both my SIL's kids purposely go attend weekend mandarin classes just to learn to speak mandarin so they can communicate with him.. haha...

ask ZJ shake shake his penis ah.. so small how to shake... most likely he will just squeeze it.. haha...

ZJ oso havent poo in toilet... got once he poo in his shorts... then he din wear briefs.. so... got "yi tuo shi" in the middle of the living rm.. n he yell to me say xiao bian n go hide.. i come out from the kitchen n see the 'cake' on the floor.. faint..

ivory: hahaha ur description so interesting!

Lemon Tee: I bought abt $24 a pc after discount.

My boy sometimes will tell my MIL he wants to pee or poo, but today too late, pee on the velvet armchair!!! Bo pian accidents do happen!!

May i know if any of ur kids has the habit of blinking the eyes? My boy recently keep blinking!! Such a bad habit! And the more i scold him the worse it becomes!

ivory
haha very funny the way u describe haha buay tahan...yeah lor be bilingual good mah...
happy.gif
haha ethan doesn't hold his penis and shake le. He just stand there and just shake shake his bottom abit also dun know how to descrbe to u la..hee hee :p

my nephews and nieces also practise their english more when with ethan haha if not usually they speak in mandarin. Ethn udnerstands and can speak abit la..but more proficient in english...jia kan tang one..the result of too much macdonalds haha :p

i bless u / etelle..
haha.. u find the 'yi tuo shi' funny ah... haha.. lucky its 'durian cake'.. not 'mud pie'.. else i sure make him stand by his creation n wait for his father to come back n clear up his shit.. keke..

i bless u..
mayb ur boi eyes a bit dry? or he's imitate somebody? then he can get response from you so all the more he does it lor?

my boi sometimes oso have some bad habits.. when he think he's very smart do all those bad habits n come to me n say "ZJ li hai, cong ming".. i just ignore him.. after a while, he will stop doing those things lor..

etelle..
u forgot ZJ oso jia kang tang one meh? during my preggy i can ony eat fast food n western food leh...

i prefer ZJ to b bilingual cos that time i saw my fren's gal, oni 3 years old can speak 4 languages.. mandarin & eng to her parents, teochew to her grandparents, malay to her maid.. and her sentences and pronounciation all very accurate and clear.. so power! haha... nobody teach u noe.. she just pick up from their everyday conversation lor.. then i see my 3 yr old nephew and 5 yr old niece (SIL's kids) communicating with her ah.. really got 'tian yuan zhi bie'.. haha.. they can only speak eng then.. but not gd either and 'then hor har' all the way.. make my fren's gal blur n go ask her mummy why the 2 kids speak so weirdly..

ZJ oso weird weird kind lah.. he refused to call his grandparents ah gong(1) ah mah(4) or gong(1)gong(1) po(2)po(2) or ye ye nai nai... so i got him to call them ah gong(2) ah po(3) in hainanese (cos my FIL is hainanese though he cant speak the dialect).. n he happily call them.. faint..

then he call my parents gwah(3) gong(1) gwah(3) mah(4).. dunno where he learn from cos nobody speak to him in dialect in the family.. haha.. sometimes when he dun wan things he can tell u mai(3).. keke..

ivory: Ur boy smart leh the way he talk haha! My boy speak english most of the time, sometimes in mandarin abit and hokkien...but all borken piece by piece. He speak english more fluent.

I dunno is my boy purposely wants our attention when he blink. But i already told my inlaw not to let him watch too much tv programme and education cd. Hopefully his habit will die off.

Hmm... Lately my boy has been requesting to watch hi5 more often. Yesterday morning the 1st thing he says to me when he opened his eyes were 'I want five five' instead of 'good morning mummy' :S But I managed to distract him with other stuffs.

This morning he woke me up and ask me to go outside(living rm) with him. Then he squat in front of the x-box and wanted to switch it on to watch hi5! I quickly told it's not time for tv yet and he cried n fussed. Still managed to distract him somehow....
I really wonder y he is so addicted to these shows though he watch it over n over again. Last nite he requested me to sing hi5 song when I put him to bed, I dunno how to sing so try to bluff with other songs and he says 'mummy stop singing...' :S

sigh.... a new task on hand - learn hi5 songs...

Violet - u r not d oni one leh.. lately my boy shifting fm barney to hi5.. usually he'll pick barney vcds but nowadays always "ha-bai" (hi5)

just got the leapfrog letter factory dvd n tested - he likes it, surprisingly. heard fm some moms if kids exposed to more barney/hi-5 cos more fast paced they may not like leapfrog series. luckily he loves it if not waste $. i let him watch shows at meal times so can feed faster tho not recommended as experts say.. he's keen to feed himself but afraid of the mess he'll make i insist feedg him.. is it advisable for 2yrs old to self-feed? or too early?

soo hoon

can let your boy feed himself already. I've seen many kids younger than that feeding themselves. My boy is a little slow already, but i've been letting him practise feeding himself nowadays. Still a little messy, but getting better each day.

He'll just need more practise. I lay a plastic sheet on the floor and gave him a bib which can catch the food to reduce cleaning later.

Back