(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

sob sob...
my boys kenna HFMD, ray got in it last wed, sam last sunday, I on leave @home, so much work to do! I am dying liao....

Hi Ah_may,

Sorry to hear that ur boys got HFMD. Hope they get well soon.

summer/Etelle,

I'm also hoping to hv #3. To me, boy or girl doesn't matter so long as they r healthy. Well, of course I'm saying tis coz' I've 1 each liao....hee hee!!

It's the tiredness that I don't know if I can handle. Taking care of these 2 rascals & working (with no maid for hh chores) is already taking a toll on my health. Been falling sick so often. Very weak leh.....luckily I've my pil to help out.

It's also a life-time committment lor. Financially & physically can be pretty draining to hv 3 (don't talk abt 4) kids. Must really think twice, or even thrice. But I love kids....DILEMMA LAH!!

Ah May

My sons both kena HFMD in end Feb also. Ethan's condition quite mild with little rash and ulcer. he still cn play and eat and sleep as per normal. But Evan's condition was more serious. His rashes were quite bad, it wasn't just small red dot. it was those open rashes very gross and disgusting one..dun know how to explain...but brave and strong evan was any crankier . he was still his bubbly self and can play eat and sleep as per normal...so overall still okie... but heart pain to see the kids suffer :'( cried when see evan's skin so b ad...haiz....

Yvonne
yeah lor not a matter of girl or boy la....of course if can strike a different gender be bonus...but it' the physical and financial toil hor...haha
happy.gif
me dilemma 2!

oh boy, just heard that my friend who had triplets last year is preggy again. Unexpected, and tough on her coz financially pretty draining. Hope this time is a single pregnancy for her, otherwise she'll peng san!

hi claire
i'm just curious, who is taking care of her triplets? if not for the financial part, it's really quite good to bring up 4 young children (provided single pregnancy this time) at one go.

Seems to be very quiet in here lately.

Check with u gals. R u intending or hv u signed ur kids for any enrichment classes?

My mil has been asking me why I haven't enrolled marcus for any classes. Told her that he is already attending cc & is learning from there. But she said not enough....making me presurized. So thot of asking if anyone is sending ur kid(s) to any classes aside from cc.

Just want my M&Ms to enjoy their childhood. Nowadays kids got no childhood. All they do is go for classes. Pity them but I reckon not much of choice (for kids & for parents). Haiz....sad thing!

I'm also contemplating whether to send Megan to cc next yr (she'll be 2 then) or to wait till 3. Any comments?

von,
XR is only attending cc (full day) and YR hasn't gone for anything yet (other than 1 trial kindermusik class). Will be putting her in the same cc as her jiejie at the end of the year. Hb and I already dun have enuff time with them due to work, so we reckon we'd rather spend whatever time we have to play with them rather than going to class.

Hi claire,

I do share the same sentiments. I would rather spend time with them than going to class.

Haiz....I just came back from KKH children emergency. Marcus came down with fever yest morning, & threw up twice after taking paracetamol (he seemed to hv an allergy reaction after taking paracetamol since young....never fail to throw up). So, had to give him ibruprofen for fever > 38.5 deg. But temp like yoyo.

Early this morning, it shot up to 39.9 deg, so rush him down to kk (afraid of fits). He has viral infection. Had to sponge him to bring fever down. Now he's kinda better...38 deg. Just hope temp won't yoyo again.

Gosh! Really tiring when both kids sick (Megan also coughing). Plus the mess that I've to clean up after Marcus threw up!!

von

hope the kids are well already.

I'm not intending to put my boy in any enrichment till next yr when i'm more settled with my #2. Prob will let him learn piano/swimming that sort of stuff.

Von
my kids also both not attending any enrichment classes....i share the same thinking as u and claire...spending time with them and letting them enjoy childhood is very important in our stressful society....

At least we aren't sending our kids for tuition. Heard some parents start tuition for their children from as young as kindergarten. Poor thing.

TUITION!!! wow damn exgaggerating hor....but sometimes i do feel the "pressure" le...everyone send u dun send then yours will lose out...so how should we justify that feeling ah?

etelle

yah lor. Told my MIL that it's ok that my boy isn't colouring very well now. It's ok even if he can't write now. But she said if cannot write how to survive in pri sch next time? Then said many parents sent their kids to kindy tuition now. (She's a kindy teacher). So KS. So fed up trying to talk sense to her. And say until this grandson like so slow like that lor while her other grandson is so smart so clever.

Mashy
think we just go with our heart bah...and most important of all we as parents have to know what we want for our kids and not what the world wants lor....for a year old to not know how to write or colour properly i think that's very normal le....i dun mind too ...ethan doesn't colour well haha he colour all over the place bt well if he's happy and if he think he has done a good job. I still cheer for him.

Must let our kids be happy le..too young to be stressed
happy.gif

Ya, same here. I do feel pressurized by those around me. My parents will comments things like how well their friend's grandson can talk (like perfect English sentences with bombastic words). Somehow makes me wonder if I don't put them thru' enrichment classes, will they suffer when they enter pri sch (like not being able to catch up).

There r sooo many parents who r KS nowadays so many kids r already way ahead. I pity those who've to attend tuition even b4 pri sch. I hope I won't end up being like these parents.

I'm now monitoring Marcus' temp at home. He's temp like yoyo lah....37.5-39.6 degC. Haiz....if temp still like this by Fri, will hv to bring him back to KK for further checks/blood test.
sad.gif

hey mummies
long time no chat! hey, dun worry about sending them to classes la,N also everyday at home playing and doodling. i only send him every sunday for chinese class cos he still dunno how to speak chinese. he just fired his phonics tutor... made her llost patience in teaching him. i realised, he is not ready for it yet. hubby said just let him be

hi mummies
may i know if your kids know how to write their letters already. I had a Parent Teacher Conference (PTC) with Tif's school yesterday and I told teacher about teaching her to write alphabets and asked if they have started. She told me it's only alphabets recognition at their age. The teacher advised me not to start too early for writing coz by the time she enter Nursery she would have known all the alphabets and will feel bored in class and that will kill her interest. Now is more or learn thru play for them.

summer
xinru still can't write, but letter recognition is ok, though sometimes she'll use phonics (and dunno what the letter is). In school they only trace letters using the finger, not writing yet. Lots of painting and 'drawing' in school. Honestly, i'm just glad she's talking, though there are some sounds she still cannot get. Any consonant that starts at the roof of the mouth like 'g', 'c', she'll pronounce as 't'/'d'. So gong gong becomes dong dong, and so on. My dad says it's cos she's got a short tongue. Hope not...I've seen kids who have shorter tongues and they struggle so hard in the oral component in school.

summer

pre-n no need writing skills yet. But my boy's nursery teacher already pressured me saying that my boy's pre writing skills aren't good.
sad.gif

He got an excellent score for knowing his alphabets, numbers, colours and shapes in sch. The rest are just average/good. Looks like he's better acaedamically, but his other skill sets are still not on par with the older children. Some he didn't even get a score coz it wasn't even existent.
sad.gif

claire
C also can't talk well. Sometimes i can't even catch what he's saying. He's got a great memory and has been reciting & singing songs/ryhmes that he heard from his cd. But of course, can't say it very well in full, just can catch a bit. He practises talking before he sleeps. Don't ask me why, he's like trying to fulfill his talking quota for the day at that time. Talks and talks non-stop. Even reciting the trailers from okto!

When he says 'old woman, old woman', it sounded more like 'old mo men, old mo men'.

This is the rhyme he was reciting, but i could only catch the 'old woman', 'so high' & 'by & by'. The rest catch no ball.

There was an old woman tossed in a basket,
Seventeen times as high as the moon;
But where she was going no mortal could tell,
For under her arm she carried a broom.

"Old woman, old woman, old woman,"said I,
"Whither, oh whither, oh whither so high?"
"To sweep the cobwebs from the sky;
And I'll be with you by-and-by."

mashy
wowee! I'm impressed that he can remember all this!

by the way, just something to share. Last wkend, my #2 was making a lot of noise and xinru suddenly burst out and said "Shut up and Sit down!". My parents and I were really surprised because we've never used that phrase before and were wondering where she learnt it from. A few days after that, I was fetching her from school and happened to have the radio on. Those who listen to 90.5FM, there's the subaru ad (the ah seng one) where the salesman Eddie says that phrase in that exact tone of voice. That's when I realised she's been picking it up when she's in the car listening to the radio with us...so even though we switch off during ads, they're still picking things up from everywhere.

hi claire
ya they are like a sponge now. even my #2 is saying things that amaze us... she is only 18months but just few days ago she asked for sweets and i told her no and she replied 'stupid'. i thought i was hearing things and i asked her to reply again and she said 'stupid' again! she must have picked up from her jiejie and other cousins.

mashy
ya the teacher also told me they only need to recognise words but I have already taught tiff to write till letter G! Hubby told me to stop coz dun want to kill her interest in learning by taking a leap. But my mum has been pressuring me to teach her how to write coz my niece who is 2 months older than her but in Nursery instead of playgroup already knows how to write very well.

claire

I'm still not sure if he remembered the whole thing correctly since i could only catch a few words. hahaha.

summer
so stressful. My MIL also pressurising me. Fed up. I think writing skills are all abt practice. I don't see why must stress my boy now. So long as he can write by the time he goes to pri 1, it's fine. It's only nursery now!

mashy
my girl in 2 hours playgroup now. anyway i don't drill her in writing really. what i do is print out tracing letters and crafts associated with the letter for the day. my girl and niece is always looking forward and guessing what letter activities i am bringing home for them everyday. I try to make it fun for them and it's more of the crafts that they are looking fwd to. I think the gist now is to engage them thru play.

Claire,
Hahaha....xr so funny. Really cannot help it, my boy also pick up naughty words from the 2 older ones like idiot, stupid. Just have to keep correcting them not to do it.

Marcus only traces letters or numbers. I've not seen him writing a letter on his own. As for numbers, only 1 & 2. Rest r all scribbles.

But his memory is good. Can remember directions, places, stories, things we did, promises that we made, etc.

summer,
elvin start to trace letter till J now and he have been writting and colouring at hm. He can write a to d without trace and No 1 to 4 only. his cc did teach then to write and tracing his name and class.

He was quite good in speaking. oth mandrain and english. he can express himself very well. At hm he like to use crayon to write though i prefer to to play and relax loh. But his favourite is playing train, writing and colouring.

Jappooh
It's good that your boy has the initiative to write and color. Prob it's a form of play and relaxation for him too. Coloring can be find and being able to write letters can be satisfying
happy.gif
Tiff also enjoys writing and she feels good when she writes correctly.

Claire
Nope, my girls are still sleeping with us in the same room. Don't think they can sleep on their own soon. Daily ritual - we will all get ready for bed and 4 of us will laze, talk and play on the bed till the girls drift off to sleep.

ilim,
congrats!

mashy and summer
thx for the input. I'm just wondering if I am ready to let them sleep away from us. I think now the issue is if they dun sleep with us, they'll be with the maid, so in that case, I'd rather it be us.

claire

oh yes sure, if it's between the maid and us, i will definitely choose us. Is there no 3rd choice? Like they sleep onlone by themselves?

claire

then change hse lah. hahhaa. Anyway now that you're going to have 3 kids, u will need bigger space. And 2 bedrooms (1 for the gals, 1 for boy) in future. If u still want your office, will need to upgrade lor.

mashy
hehe, I wish lor. hb and i have been beoing property for the last couple of years, but at the moment still cannot zao. Also dunno when can move. Actually the flat is pretty big, just that got my fil staying with us too, so that's why rooms-wise, not so easy to manouver.

claire

same lah. My parents are staying with me, so i've only effectively 2 rooms. But my boy's bedroom is very tiny, difficult to squeeze in two beds. At most a small bunk bed from Ikea. But coz it's boy & gal, eventually will need to put them in separate rooms, so moving to a bigger place is a matter of time for us.

Because of my 6 yrs old son, I have personally spending times exploring 3G Abacus & Traditional Abacus.

After completing the 3G ABACUS instructor course, I have applied the methods to teach my son. It is very simple & easy to understand. As such, he has shown more interest in mathematics than before.

I am planning to let him take part in the INTERNATIONAL Grading Exam this coming DEC 09. If possible, I will let him take part in year 2009 competition.

Currently, I am teaching kids & parents the 3G Abacus.
If you are interested in 3G ABACUS, please email me.

hello,
long time did not post anything. only when I have time I come in and look see look see.
seems like most mummies already have another baby or two babies after the first one. wow.
I barely can cope with my two. nowadays they are a bit like little terror.. sob sob.

Mashy, Claire,
recently property market going up very fast. me and hubby recently paid a deposit for a condo then kenna reject! owner wants much more than he previously asked for. think not easy even through economy like not doing well, but the sales in pte and hdb very hot. sigh.

My boys still dunno how to write or recongise letter. think I am one failure mother. I too lazy liao, this holiday so busy marking and gg back to sch, not enough time spend with my boys, hope to compensate for that soon. maybe need to schedule my time at home as well.

may

hi! great to hear from u!

Maybe send your boys to sch if u don't have time to teach them? They're old enough to go prenursery already. While u look after other pp's kids, don't forget your own.

wow, property mkt so hot ah?
sad.gif
I'm intending to look for one at the end of yr.

mashy,
my boys already in childcare for whole day... just that I too lazy when I reach home liao, no energy, haha. maybe need to take some vitamins to keep my energy level.

as for the property, maybe you should start to look see look see now till end of year, then you can make a better decision end of year.
happy.gif

may

huh? In childcare still dunno the letters? By now they should be teaching them the alphabets right? Even if they don't know all, should still know a few. Maybe u ought to see if u need to change childcare if it is not doing its job well.

Can;t look see now leh, going to deliver soon. :p SO shall wait till bb is out and all are settled.

Back