2005 East Mommies

hong,
ur HK trip sounds "siong"! got so many places to go everyday til so late wiv a kid in tow? how old is janelle? she is one supa fit kid!

can share your itinerary?

2005, Janelle is 4.5yo.
I dun really have an itinerary written out.
With kids, i suggest dun be too garang to go too many places.

Where we went, the usual place like Mongkok, Nathan rd, etc. Just Nathan rd is a long stretch.....

Let me go and recall where I went ok. Oh u check out my blog when I am done. I havent finished my blog yet.

Cat,
I was looking at the buddhist CC at Lavender St. The Tai Pei CC, I have called and checked, after subsidy is only $260 for full day and my coy is giving me $100 subsidy per kids. That mean I only need to pay $160! SO much cheaper right.

Now I need to go down and check out the CC.

lengleng
i hunt all the sites for cheap childlife colostrum.. cheapest is still vitacost leh.. even with shipping.. u really bought during sale..thats y u can get $24+ a bottle.. now its much more.. :S

hi

any recommendations for childcares near marine parade? need to transfer my gal next yr when she goes nursery cos no longer workin near de current childcare.

how about Just Education at marine terrace?

ethel,
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=5426835640730567497 @$17.24
Buy 4 bottles @ US$68.96,
International Shipping use "USPS" @ US$4.80,
then use CODE "PUR375" to get US$5 OFF Purchase,
Total will cost US$68.76
Each will cost US$17.19 ~ SG$24.93 (1.45 rate)

Still SG$24+, ship to Singapore
happy.gif

hong,
ok thks. can i hv ur blog add?

we intend to go slow and ez this time round cos my girl is hardly 3 and lazy to walk.

jh,
i have scouted ard for CC at marine parade before. depends on ur needs and budget actually.

1. just kids (or just education?) at marine terrace
2. ywca CC at marine drive
3. eton house at mountbatten
4. pats schhse at meyer rd
5. learning vision at arthur rd
6. brighton at ford rd
7. schhse by the bay

hong,
ok thks. can i hv ur blog add?

we intend to go slow and ez this time round cos my girl is hardly 3 and lazy to walk.

jh,
i have scouted ard for CC at marine parade before. depends on ur needs and budget actually.

1. just kids (or just education?) at marine terrace
2. ywca CC at marine drive
3. eton house at mountbatten
4. pats schhse at meyer rd
5. learning vision at arthur rd
6. brighton at ford rd
7. schhse by the bay

thks 2005,

3 - 7 are out of my budget
sad.gif

do u noe exact loaction of YWCA in marine dr? mcys website dun have dis leh.

did u finally put yr child in 1 of de abv cc?

cat tail,
i'm currently payin $280, after de $300 govt subsidy n $50 co. subsidy. so was tinkin of payin abt de same, if not abt $100 more, cos may not b workin startin fm next yr so will not have $200 (150 govt + 50 co) subsidies anymore.

jh,
Your budget is a bit tight but I think there will be some suitable ones if you dun look at those bungalow types. You can refer to this site for all the CCs listed at Marine Parade area. I think they listed the fees as well so it helps you to narrow down your hunt.
http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/serv_dss_main_result_region_vm.asp?sort=&SERVICES_ID=4&PageIndex=1&nt10=1&CENTRE_ID=PT7700,PT4280,PT5340,PT8439,PT7360,PT6550,PT8351,PT3850,PT3140,PT8424,PT8426,PT5300,PT6900,PT7620,PT8350,PT4730,PT8388,PT8384,PT8411,PT8448,YW0050,PT7560&MAP_URL=&szMod=serv&szSubMod=child
You can oso take a look at Globalkids which my gal is attending now. The place is small cos it's housed at the semi-d but my gal enjoys her days there.

jh,
YWCA CC is at marine drive blk 66. just behind marine parade community centre/ library. last yr when i enquired, it was 400+ before subsidy. duno if theres any revision though. u can call and check.

cat_tail..
i m now sian of being a SAHM...yet, i dun wan to go back to 9-5 working hrs.. :S
i think i m gonna finally start my online store .. but lacking of a name.. can any mummies here help with a name? me no ideas.. only like to buy n sell.. haha..

Ethel,
That's a gd idea! Keep u occupy, earn some income & fulfill your shopping needs.
happy.gif

So what r u selling?

LengLeng,
So fast!! How's bb doing?

cat_tail
no name how to start??
i intend to sell the Brauer Teething relief... from australia.. its a natuaral medicine that work wonders when baby is teething! its almost instant that the child clams down.. n does not contains asprin or paracetamol. works better than the teething gel.. been using for both boys n recommended to a few mummies.. n they keep asking me to get sigh!
the rest all children stuff la..

mummies,
hope all are well and fine.. wishing all little darlings a happy childrens' day..
happy.gif

ep,
what about bud'o joy? actually it means bundle of joy.. hehe

Ethel,
Must noe wat u r selling before u name your biz mah. Maybe something that relate to your sons & begin with J? Heehee.. some little ideas.

Carrie,
Happy Children Day to your kiddies!
happy.gif

My gal brot back a pk of fishes after her farm trip today & they are dying now... keke..

LengLeng!
My jaws dropped!! What u feed ah? Teach me plsss...

mummies
To share, www.iherb.com got promo on their international shipping again.

The details:
First Class International Airmail -- For orders valued up to $80.00, and weighing up to 3 pounds (1361 grams). Very reliable.

October 2008 Super Special: Flat $3.99 for First Class Airmail!

Use the promo code: JAS579 to get $5 discount off your purchases.

They have Childlife, Nordic Natural, Firstteeth toothpaste etc...

Ethel... thanks for the books and hanging to them for so long =p When I told you that the first batch might be too easy for Matty... it was because I thought the concept was to match words to the pictures. When I brought it back then I realised it was actually to get the kid to actually read. Muwahahahahah =p Anyway Matty had fun reading the books after we got back. Managed to get him to recognise a few words in 30 minutes of reading. The books are good!! Thumbs up.

Leng Leng... wah seh. Your baby is huge. What did you feed him? =p

Cat... how was your weekend getaway?

Hong... just ready your blog. Happy birthday!!!

Odie,
Going this weekend. Just a Bintan trip cos I am too chicken to bring Mikel any further...haha.

LengLeng,
Wah, your milk is soo powerful! *lol
My 7mth son is almost the same weight as your 3 mth son!

Hi mummies,

Odie,
thanks. I still have my HK trip to upload. I think I forgotten most of it. hahahaha..
I also goes thru the reader with Janelle every nite. After I go thru once, I asked her to read to me. I agreed is quite good, short and sweet for me, easy to pick up for Janelle n she read much much faster.

It can be quite motivating cos she can finish one book on her own.
Cat,
enjoyed ur trip. I'm going to bring Janelle to see the CC later.

Carrie,
If u didnt call me, i think I would have just missed you.

Leng Leng,
WOW.... ur bb really powerful! My Julian is getting thinner n thinner.

ep
I echo ur sentiments : sien be SAHM but not wanna go full time work ;)

I am still trying to make the biz work. slow start - coz lot distractions eg my sister broke her leg so I had chauffering duties for abt 1-2mths, fasting mth so everybody at home more tired so harder to get my parents to babysit my girl, finding my direction/focus of work. I was expecting more guidance from hubby as I am taking over his biz but ah he too busy. so feeling kinda lost..

Oh must be u lah. hahaha... I dun check all the time mah. I think I just have to wait.

Mummies,
I went to see the CC that I wanted to enrol my kids. Feel so silly, i feel making a big round and come back to sq 1.

I like the CC, very clean, very organised. The toilet and bathroom are very clean, the classroom, corridoor etc. The students are ver polite. The programme quite standard but they have something that may be other CC dun have. They have dance class, English and Chinese computer lesson for older kids.

I am more concern whether the CC able to prepare the older kids for P1. Only thing is the kids have to take vegetarian meal which is ok for me cos the dishes in the menu is quite balance.

Somemore, same religion as us so my hubby can stop nagging at me every year. Best part I get $300 govt subsidy per kid which is alot to me.

Hong... is Janelle aware of the impeding change? I'm not a very fussy person when it comes to school. As long as the school is generally clean and the kid is happy with the place that's good enough.

Hellooooo
shopping at Drugstore now.. hv space for another US$60..
email me yr orders if anyone interested... SHIPPING BY BDL!!
no more VPOST for me!

Odie,
I brot Janelle with me when I visited the CC. I asked her if she was ok to switch. She said ok. She seemed to look forward to it. I have already brief her that she will have the bath and nap there then the school bus uncle will bring her to MIL place.

ep,
I have nothing to get.

Hi all,
I am back from my trip.
happy.gif

It's a great experience at Bintan. The resort upgraded us to a 3 rm villa with no charges & we earned it...keke.. I even manage to sneak out for a spa with hb when the kids are asleep. The only thing that I am not happy is their food. They are overpriced & taste sucks.

hong,
Finally no more arguement wif your hb if u switch Jan to the CC.
happy.gif

Did u ask abt their ratio?

Cat,
for Pre-N is 1 teacher to 5 kids. For K1 it can up to 1:20. For K1 I think is ok. Each K1 class have 2 teachers and 1 assistant.

Great that u enjoy ur holiday. Must show us the photos

CAt-tail
where did u stay at bintan?? how come they upgrade u??
i am going end Oct.. staying at Indra maya..

Hi Mommies,
MIA for a few days cos Mikel is having a viral fever. He's alrite now & I desperately need a gd rest.

hong,
When u starting Jannelle on her new CC?

Ethel,
Wow, Indra Maya! Very nice~
I am staying at Banyu Biru. Why I am so lucky cos their 2 rm villas were overbooked & we were "kicked" to the 3 rm villa. No complaint...keke..
happy.gif

Rembr to pack a bottle of mosquito repellent & avoid the Jap restaurant.

Leng2, Jas.
for shippment for iherb. What shld i chose?
Not DHL right, so expansive.
How to chose the 3.99 shippment?

Cat,
Mid nov once she finish the term at the church kinder.

Back