2005 East Mommies

Cat... happy belated birthday to Edna!!! Mikel is growing fast - can tell from the photo. I got your mail. Will post it back to you when done. Glad that Edna like the bread and pasta.

Troika... I don't really have other recipes for crispy stuff. I find it a hassle to deep-fry so I leave it my MIL to do it during the week =p I like to use oven though and since the kids love hash brown I usually just bake some hash brown for them. Will post a recipe of Chicken Katsu Don soon. I think that is the only deep-frying I have done so far at home.

Hong... you going on another trip? Envious!!

Mummies... I bumped into Oreos at Suntec last Saturday. Liv and Liz have really grown. Liz looks more like daddy.

mummies,
hope all are well and fine.. really envious you gals who have the time to prepare a decent meal for your kids.. i do not have the luxury to do so yet..
sad.gif

cat,
happy belated birthday to edna, so sorry that i forgotten about it totally, too tied up at work and at home..

hong,
im going in nov. u bringing ur kids? share tips when ure back k?

cat/troika,
no hazel's not in CC. starting N2 in jan 09. hopefully sch will change her eating habits for the better! but i can just imagine her turning up her nose at the food being served with the other kids chomping away! on top of this, shes also a v v slow eater. she would be looking here and there and i gota remind her every few mins to eat. duno wad will happen to her in sch...

are edna and erika continuing CC next yr but attending formal nursery?

cat,
edna is so pretty!

where did u get the cupcakes?? gorgeous!

Odie,
Yah, Mikel is growing more & more like his Daddy. I mean horizontally... :x
My whole family was at Suntec too in the noon! Too bad, dun have the luck to bump u gals. Did u see her maid tagging along?

Carrie,
No problem. Dun stress too much on work k.

Understand your worries cos I had the same mentality like u before putting my gal in CC. Keep worrying that she will be starved but the teachers just know how to handle fussy eaters. I can assure u that u will get a positive results.
happy.gif

Got the cakes from cupcakemomma. It's a hit for kids but I am not a fan of cupcake. Still prefer fresh cream more than butter cream.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/

Phoebe,
4 mths maternity leave!! How u feel now?
biggrin.gif

Odie,
another trip? Oh u mean msia ah. I dun consider that as a holiday trip. Very tiring with 2 kids. I am bring Janelle to HK this time. Will go back HK again with both kids when Julian is older.

I didnt get to see Oreo's gers.

Going with my daughter n hubby. Sure.

Cat,
Edna very sweet. She looks very much like u.I was saying I wanted to carry bb but then I was so busy on Julian bday that I forgotten to carry Mikel

Cat,

Edna so cute! Carbon copy of you. Mikel oso v handsome. Look like Eurasian. Both of them got such nice eyes.

The cupcakes are soooo pretty. So lucky you managed to get cupcake momma. Had heard that she not very reliable and difficult to get. I used Prima, I think, the last time. Was fresh cream.

Hong,
90 min worth it? I dunno. There are some gifts to choose from: travel voucher, $200 taka voucher (but think OOS), some food voucher for marriott. I went purposely to get the travel voucher cos planned to go to Phuket in Sept. If someone had told me that I could not get reservations, then I would not have gone.

Don't worry about Hazel not eating in school. Really, the best thing is that they see all their friends eating, then they learn. My gal is now happy to eat fruit too. Important thing is to make sure the kindy is giving healthy food.

Erika will continue in her current CC which will become nursery for her. But I think will switch her to SHBTB in 2010 cos I think that she will need more space to run around when she is bigger. Currently her CC is in a semiD house so can get quite cramped for bigger kids.

hong,
U r the next to go for holiday! Free & easy?

troika,
Thanks for praising their eyes but too bad their ears are looking like Mickey Mouse..... I am putting hair band on Mikel & hoping it helps. :p
Oh, cupcake momma is unreliable? I must be lucky to get her. In fact, I find her quite accomodating when I only gave her one day notice to push my order in advance.

Cat,
yah F&E and stay a nite at Disney if not Janelle will be very bored with our eating and shopping trip.

cat/ troika,
definitely looking forward to hazel starting school in jan! shes in am session, so sch only serves a mid-morning snack. wont be anything too exotic. hopefully she learns to eat faster and with more enthusiasm haha!

cat,
the link u provided...the cupcakes look unbelievable! definitely look too gd to eat.

troika,
look abt forward planning! wow 2010!

hong,
same here. book a nite at disneyland just to appease hazel.

cat, happy belated bday to Edna.. she look so sweet n happy. cupcakes looks so nice n yummy..
4 months maternity of course shiok la... kakaka

troika, u cant call them back and tell them that it's fully booked and let u exchange voucher?

Phoebe,
Unfortunately, all vouchers cannot be exchanged once redeemed. I will try the other destinations and if all fully booked, then will just resign myself to the fact that kena conned lor!

Cat,
Their ears are not so bad. I thot look very cute like pixies. And Mikel looks so chubby compared to Edna.

hong,
Need any quiries abt HK? Maybe I can help u to ask my parallel imported SIL.
biggrin.gif

Cupcakemomma got a lot of designs but taste is never as gd as a full cream cake. Nvm lah, the kids eat not we eat. Haha..

Phoebe,
Thanks & wat's the plan for Daryll's big day? Oh yah, can imagine that u r laughing till your jaws are dropping! I oso earn a bit with more subsidy on the CC.
happy.gif

Carrie,
Thanks.

troika,
Cute? Keke... not so in 10 yrs times.
Yah, Mikel is very heavy! I cannot tahan his weight but my mom kept telling me he looks underweight after comparing with other kids. She kept on blaming me for feeding him frozen food. Old folks...

Cat,
Haha... you oso kena blamed for giving frozen food. Me too! My mom keeps saying that she only fed us fresh food cooked for that meal. No left-overs or frozen cubes of veggie. I keep telling her that frozen is actually as good, but these old folks won't believe it.

Btw, how much did you pay for cupcake momma's cupcakes? I had a look at Ecreative's ones which oso look quite nice( butter cream) but in the end, think I will get the Dora cake for E's bday.

Cat, great!
Can help me to ask her where can I go and have good and cheap Tim Sum? Stanley market got good buy like wat others told me? Any good wholesale shop I shldnt miss?

cat_tail
Happed belated BD to Edna...

odie
Thanks for sharing the receipes... Joel loves creamy mushroom pasta, normally I get those off-the-shelf creamy pasta cream as I do not know how to make them. Will try to make them one day..

I am also more into using oven/toaster than deep fried food.

hong
Enjoy your HK trip...

ep
Let me know if you are ordering the books again...

Anyone know of any cheaper shipping from USA lobang? I am interested to buy some lego sets from USA but the problem is with high shipping charges.

jas
let me know which item.. i see if anyone going there.. now i heard hv personal courier svc.. jus pay a flat fee n they will help bring in yr parcel.. depending on size n weight.. hahah

troika,
I bet u will understand how I went thru. My mom pratically nagged everytime she sees me until my ears are going to burst! Even when I freeze my stock, she will have a say.
sad.gif

On cupcakes charges, it varies on how complexity is the design. The animals charges $2.50 each while the wordings is $2 each.

hong,
When u leaving? I email her & let u noe later.

Jastan,
WHat a bump at Leisurepk! Cute family Ts.
happy.gif

cat_tail
Yeah, a surprise to see you there. Guess if you didn't call me, I would have missed you. Thanks, the family tees are last year xmas gift from my younger sis.

ep
The lego tech machine is my 1st priority, but need to pre-order and it needs at least 2 to 3 weeks for delivery to address within US.

hong
i pass yr books to carrie then u go her place to collect ok?

carrie
will call u to arrange to meet yr sis

odie
if u are free tdy or tmrw, i will be at laguna park.
i lost yr mobile nbr n hv pm u my mobile.. call me anytime n i will arrange for u to pick it up.

ep,
ok. I need to go to Carrie side to collect stuffs too.

Jas,
I went thru. Nothing from Lego i wanna get. Julian doesnt really play with it. Janelle doesnt like it. I realised Janelle started to pick up drawing recently. Julian like drawing as well. Hubby suggested I signed her up for ddrawing classes.

hong
I also intent to place Joel for drawing class but so far didn't manage to find a suitable class for him. You heard of GlobalArt? Seems interesting but saw feedback in the forum that mostly is teaching colouring and not really drawing.

Jas,
Not sure abt GlobalArt. Do they have website?
Coloring? May be they start with coloring? I think bbgal sent Rayna for some Art lesson. U may wanna check with her.

Jas,
I managed to find the website.
Did u make enquiry? I just emailed them. The program include coloring and drawing. Oil pastel drawing. I like this.

I still rbr my brother started drawing using oil pastel and he drew very well. He learnt to mixture the color and tone very well.

hong,
Here are the replies from my BIL abt those questions u had enquired abt HK. Hope it helps u. Btw, let me know if u need the map.

Dim sum:
1) maxim restaurant (Level 8, grand century place -- mongkok kcr station)
2) super star seafood restaurant (1/F, wah yuen building, 83-97 nathan road -- tsim sha tsui mtr exit B1)
3)chiuchow garden restaurant (shop 21, basement, jardine house --central mrt exit A, walk across pedestrian bridge to jardine house)

Stanley market is for tourist to shop. Locals may not buy things there.

u should go citygate outlet shopping centre near tung chung mrt station (cheaper branded clothes)

Ethel... sorry I haven't been able check in for the last few day. I didn't get your PM either. Anyway I still have your mobile no. Are you at Laguna Park on most weekends?

Cat,
thanks a million.

My HK poly classmate also ask me to visit Maxim.
If Stanley market really have nothing then I will go citygate instead.

hong
I know about the art lesson that bbgal sending rayna to. I am on waiting list for the weekend schedule, it's been almost coming to 1.5yrs on waiting list.

I didn't make enquiry to GlobalArt. Let me know when you receive their reply. If price reasonable, may consider.

Mummies,

Matty has a colour carnival performance in school coming up in September. His class needs to be dressed in yellow. Any idea where I can get plain yellow tees and shorts?

I have walked the whole Vivo and cannot find one. They all come in designs. The short I got at Mothercare was too big. Giordano don't have it either and they said this is not the season for yellow colour (they are quite right actually).

Am getting desperate. Help please.

Thanks.

Odie,
u can try this brand - SODA Kids at Isetan.
The top only cost $4.90 but not sure if they have yellow. It is a bit hard to get yellow short.

Hong,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give Isetan a try this weekend =)

I am going to try and change the shorts at Mothercare during lunch today even though they told me sale item cannot be exchanged. Worse case I will dig out one of his old shorts which is really old and worn out. More worried about his top.

Thanks again

Odie,
are u going to Parkway Isetan? The Soda kids clothes are like promotion items. They are placed in the cart, on the entrance of the kids toy session at level 3.

Hong... great news!!! I managed to get a yellow polo tee in the Factory Outlet Shop here in HarbourFront =)

hong,
No prob. Gd to hear more advises from the natives.

Odie,
Congratulations for getting your yellow T.
happy.gif
So what is Matty going to perform?

Hi Mommies,
I am just wondering where to get winter wear especially for kid other than Cold wear & Winter Time?

Odie,
happy for u. hahaha..

Cat,
where are u going? I have a bag of clothes to pass to u leh. I dropby ur place when I collect stuff from Carrie.

hong,
Thanks a lot! U beep me when u r going to Carrie's home. I meet u there k? Hope Carrie dun mind.
happy.gif

Going to Korea for a ski. Still a long way to go but need to source for the winter wear. Do u noe any place that rent? Find it rather wasteful to buy.

cat_tail
when u going korea? i also planning to go in dec.. where u staying?
now busy getting cheap n gd winter wear.. song n song hv a few gd pcs.

ethel,
Looks like I am going to get more info from you cos I am leaving in Jan.
happy.gif
Will be staying at a few places like the Pheonix pk ski resort, Hoiliday Inn etc cos we r following the package. U r going F&E? Got anymore gd lobang on winter wear must share. Heehee..

phoebe,
welcome to carrie n my club hahahah...
2 boys.. no need to buy clothes liao.. hahha.. can start choosing a name to match daryl... darius, darian (looks like durian) dylan, :p

cat_tail
me going f&E. pls let me see yr itineray so i can copy... i got no idea wat to do there... is mikel goin? i planning to stay at ski resort but dunno which one to go.. :S

Phoebe,
Nvm lah, it's not for you to choose so dun feel so disappointed. Most imp is to have a healthy baby.
happy.gif

Ethel,
I scan my itinery & email to you. Initially was very tempted to DIY but was worried abt the communication problem with the natives so better follow package. Mikel ah... it's a 101% "NO GO" for him. I am not steady to handle 2...keke..

I sounded out abt the ski resorts from the Koreans at Natas fair. There are 2 kids friendly resorts & I only recalled one is Yongpyong. It's an old resort but they had renovated recently with great indoor water theme pk. She said it was very very fun so u can take a look at it.

aiya.. lengleng..
now then share lobang.. the childlife colostrum no stock liao..
what else to buy?

cat_tail
so u going to yongpyong ski resort? can u recall the other one? what i see on the internet, yp is very old...

Phoebe... just tell yourself that you can save alot of money. Must think positive ;)

Cat... I bought my kids winter clothings online through Old Navy and Gap. The season is coming so you should be able to find something. Not exactly cheap... probably about the same price you pay at Winter Time but at least the designs are nicer.

Back